Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,601 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Please Advice Me: Which Country Is The Best For MSC. UK, US, Or Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Advice Me: Which Country Is The Best For MSC. UK, US, Or Canada (779 Views)

Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me: Which Country Is The Best For MSC. UK, US, Or Canada by Newbielearner(m): 5:44am On Oct 13, 2019
Hello all...
I finished with a second class upper (honors) at Obafemi Awolowo University.

Now, I'm planning for my masters. I need an advice on the best place to go for my masters in business development/marketing.

I don't know anyone in Canada. However, I have an uncle and two friends in the UK. I also have friends in the US. I have seeked their own advice, but they all supported their current location as the best place.

I'm looking for tuition free studies or something affordable. My entire budget for the study right from Visa processing to school fees, accommodation and costs to be incurred abroad is 3m. I don't know the best place for housing. After school work permit. Work permit even as a student. The place with high paying jobs, and where I can start my own company and run it without national stigma/bias.

It just looks vague to me with so many threads to read.

I'll appreciate if nairalanders can enlighten me on this. Because such a journey requires adequate counsels.

Thanks all. God bless you.
Re: Please Advice Me: Which Country Is The Best For MSC. UK, US, Or Canada by salford1: 7:16am On Oct 13, 2019
Newbielearner:
Hello all...

Now, I'm planning for my masters. I need an advice on the best place to go for my masters in business development/marketing.

I don't know anyone in Canada. However, I have an uncle and two friends in the UK. I also have friends in the US. I have seeked their own advice, but they all supported their current location as the best place.

I'm looking for tuition free studies or something affordable. My entire budget for the study right from Visa processing to school fees, accommodation and costs to be incurred abroad is 3m. I don't know the best place for housing. After school work permit. Work permit even as a student. The place with high paying jobs, and where I can start my own company and run it without national stigma/bias.

I'll appreciate if nairalanders can enlighten me on this. Because such a journey requires adequate counsels.

All the countries you listed have merits and demerits.
Based on your proposed master's degree major,

Ease of scholarship/Possibility of Tution free studies:

1. US
2. Canada
3. UK

Highest paying job after grad and employment opportunities:

1. US
2. Canada/UK

Ease of setting up a successful business:

1. US
2. UK
3. Canada

Ease of Post study work visa after graduation:

1. Canada
2. UK.
3. US.

Housing would depend on location. e.g Would you be studying in San Francisco or London or Vancouver? - These are expensive cities to live in.

Or would you be studying in Tucson or Nottingham or Brandon? - These are inexpensive cities to live in.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me: Which Country Is The Best For MSC. UK, US, Or Canada by ednut1(m): 7:26am On Oct 13, 2019
Newbielearner:
Hello all...

3m cannot take you to those countries you mentioned.
Re: Please Advice Me: Which Country Is The Best For MSC. UK, US, Or Canada by ednut1(m): 7:27am On Oct 13, 2019
salford1:

1. US
2. Canada
3. UK

1. US
2. Canada/UK

1. US
2. UK
3. Canada

Ease of Post study work after graduation:

1. Canada
2. UK.
3. US.

Housing would depend on location. e.g Would you be studying in San Francisco or London or Vancouver? - These are expensive cities to live in.

Or would you be studying in Tucson or Nottingham or Brandon? - These are inexpensive cities to live in.
my oga u did not include cost . He has 3m cheesy
Re: Please Advice Me: Which Country Is The Best For MSC. UK, US, Or Canada by salford1: 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
ednut1:
my oga u did not include cost . He has 3m cheesy
Oh. That is why I mentioned ease of scholarship. If 3m is all he has, US might just be his best option if he can qualify for funding or scholarship.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me: Which Country Is The Best For MSC. UK, US, Or Canada by Newbielearner(m): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2019
salford1:

1. US
2. Canada
3. UK

1. US
2. Canada/UK

1. US
2. UK
3. Canada

Ease of Post study work after graduation:

1. Canada
2. UK.
3. US.

Thanks. I'm really grateful. I'm currently applying for the Commonwealth and chiveng to get scholarships in the UK.
Re: Please Advice Me: Which Country Is The Best For MSC. UK, US, Or Canada by Newbielearner(m): 7:21am On Nov 11, 2019
ednut1:
3m cannot take you to those countries you mentioned.

Ha.
Re: Please Advice Me: Which Country Is The Best For MSC. UK, US, Or Canada by Newbielearner(m): 7:22am On Nov 11, 2019
salford1:

Oh. That is why I mentioned ease of scholarship. If 3m is all he has, US might just be his best option if he can qualify for funding or scholarship.
I would apply for scholarships in all. I've applied for UK first.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Plane Stuck In Mud After Skidding Off A Runway During Takeoff At #takaba Airstri / What European Countries Are Cheap To Travel To From Nigeria / Living In Mombasa,kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.