Stats: 3,161,244 members, 7,846,151 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others (51151 Views)

Protest Against Closure Of Mbaka’s Adoration Ministries In Enugu (video) / One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches (2) (3) (4)

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Ritelar: 11:33am On Oct 13, 2019
I weak
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Nukilia: 11:36am On Oct 13, 2019
The people are feeling the heat and the church is receiving the recoil

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by kayjay69(m): 11:37am On Oct 13, 2019
My point exactly. This is what our Pastors and Fathers in the lord should do more of. Criticise government constructively whenever they have the opportunity to. Even though I know this changes nothing cos the issue with our leaders is akin to the dog which intends to get lost, it will never hear the hunter's whistle.
Richdad50:

The role of the church is to speak truth to power and he has done excellently well in that regard.

Richdad

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by adenigga(m): 11:38am On Oct 13, 2019
Beautiful!

But Daddy, call Osinbajo back home so as not to smear RCCG's image couple with your own.

I know it's not your fault o ,for endorsing him since we know that vice president in Nigeria politcs is an errand boy constitutionally.

But I'm happy that you are saying the minds of millions of Nigeria. So, please call him for emergency family meeting. Thanks!
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by sureheaven(m): 11:39am On Oct 13, 2019
Since last week Sunday that this baba had spoken, you are just bringing it here for us to read.
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Newsloft: 11:41am On Oct 13, 2019
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by nauto6: 11:42am On Oct 13, 2019
Next level
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Aremu32: 11:43am On Oct 13, 2019
Ritelar:
I weak
Same here

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by CoolAmbience(m): 11:43am On Oct 13, 2019
majamajic:
he has a 'son' at the head of this government

I think him himself will share some part of the blame , for his 'son's' team output

Adeboye obviously doesn't appreciate the complexity surrounding governance.
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by WhoBeThisMan: 11:45am On Oct 13, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:
Someone that collects tithes and offerings which are untaxed lacks the moral rights to complain about tolls by the government.

Tithes were instituted when the Isrealites were running a theocratic system of government. That was the income tax by the government.

Collect billions in tithes but your members can't point to a single thing they are benefitting. Isn't that the same thing with the government?

The church in Nigeria and the government are the same.
you dont read your Bible, you come out to spew your ignorance. Well I blame the anonymous internet for giving some ignoramus an avenue to spew their ignorance. And people listen to their ignorance thinking they have sense

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by CoolAmbience(m): 11:46am On Oct 13, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:
Someone that collects tithes and offerings which are untaxed lacks the moral rights to complain about tolls by the government.

Tithes were instituted when the Isrealites were running a theocratic system of government. That was the income tax by the government.

Collect billions in tithes but your members can't point to a single thing they are benefitting. Isn't that the same thing with the government?

You dey mind Adeboye? Our people gullible na...

What do they know order then collect tithes?

I support the government totally on this.

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by enemyofprogress: 11:46am On Oct 13, 2019
One of his suns is the vice president, so let him invite him to parlour, draw his ears and flog him for inflicting pains on Nigerians
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Depressed101: 11:47am On Oct 13, 2019
We should not be concerned in the increase of taxes, we should be concerned in what way the fg are using this fund, is it in our interest or theirs if it's theirs, then come outside in masses and protest, all this social medias rants ain't gna help
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by am4truth(m): 11:47am On Oct 13, 2019
pickatyou:
Be like say offering, Thanksgiving and tithe don dey reduce for church.

Please don't quote me cos I won't respond.
If you can't catch the joke, then get a life

Stop making silly and stupid jokes about the church of Christ. Respect Christ. Muslims don't do such, so I expect Christians to show more respect to Christ. He died for us all, and he arose and gave us victory.
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Ikpeazukerosene: 11:48am On Oct 13, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:
you dont read your Bible, you come out to spew your ignorance. Well I blame the anonymous internet for giving some ignoramus an avenue to spew their ignorance. And people listen to their ignorance thinking they have sense

Counter my points with scriptures.

Your other frustrated rants are ignored.

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by adenigga(m): 11:49am On Oct 13, 2019
sureheaven:
Since last week Sunday that this baba had spoken, you are just bringing it here for us to read.

It's because of the fear of hate speech decree about to be implemented by Elder Lie, sorry, Lai Mohammed.

So forgive!!!! lol!!!
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by javaguru: 11:50am On Oct 13, 2019
we better wake up, this country isnt getting better.

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by am4truth(m): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

You are on your own, can you prove what you wrote about when tithes were instituted. I believe in the payment of tithes, and the last time I checked, no one will put a gun on your head if you choose not to pay tithe. I expect you to be civil in your response but was disappointed.
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Ozuaha: 11:52am On Oct 13, 2019
pickatyou:
Be like say offering, Thanksgiving and tithe don dey reduce for church.

Please don't quote me cos I won't respond.
If you can't catch the joke, then get a life
u ehh
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by CoolAmbience(m): 11:53am On Oct 13, 2019
Akano5:

If this will let them hear
Good

Sorry but government will not listen to hypocrites.

The decisions of the FG are well thought-out and justified.

With the new realities around security and national revenues, government cannot afford indecision.

If Adeboye truly believes that Nigerians are suffering, he should redeploy the tithes he receives appropriately.

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Reference(m): 11:53am On Oct 13, 2019
As usual, from some of the responses, the prisoners are not in a hurry to leave their jails, as a matter of fact they are ready to wed their jailers.

Nigerians are not ready to be helped. Mr Adeboye should not bother. He is successful and content for life. Let the crabs remain the in crab bucket. The fire is not hot enough for them to cooperate to a way out.

Reprobate citizens.

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by damble: 11:53am On Oct 13, 2019
WHERE DID THE NATION GET ALL THESE FROM? I DID NOT HEAR BABA ADEBOYE SAYING ALL THESE LAST SUNDAY. MAY GOD SAVE US FROM QUACK JOURNALISTS
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2019
Hits out at who??
When Senior pastor/ Most reverend Osinbajo is part of the government and a pastor in the church.

Sir please hit at Osinbajo , he is closer to you, since he doesn’t listen to the masses anymore , maybe he may still listen to you, who knows

Scam government, my happiness is “Both Hailers and Wailers” we are all in this together

We both buy rice above 20k a bag , we all buy fuel at 145 naira, we all ply the same death traps called roads, the electricity situation affects us all, so no shaking, I have no complains

Only wish rice could go for like 30k or More , and fuel maybe like 300 naira a litre, so we can all appreciate this beautiful government.

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by ArticleBeast: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

Shut up
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Ikpeazukerosene: 11:56am On Oct 13, 2019
am4truth:

You are on your own, can you prove what you wrote about when tithes were instituted. I believe in the payment of tithes, and the last time I checked, no one will put a gun on your head if you choose not to pay tithe. I expect you to be civil in your response but was disappointed.

You can also believe in unicorns, I don't give a flying feck.

What was the formula for sharing tithes in the Bible?
Are your tithe-collectors of today following the formula?

Let me know how well you understand the Bible.

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 13, 2019
am4truth:

Stop making silly and stupid jokes about the church of Christ. Respect Christ. Muslims don't do such, so I expect Christians to show more respect to Christ. He died for us all, and he arose and gave us victory.

You and buhari go the same school. Its either you can't read or you are just plain stupid. Where did I bring Jesus in.

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
sirblend:
Alright!

Hi NAIRALANDERS..
I am seriously in need of a government job... Whoever would help me get a FG job would take my salary for six months.

How about PA to the SA to the Secretary of the budget and finance director of the Federal government of Nigeria .., do you like that one ,? but you have to pay 350k deposit first, before anything .., and after you get the job, we collect your 4 months salary..!!

You come on Nairaland to look for federal job.., you funny shaa

Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by Goldencheese(m): 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
Buhari and Osibanjo should hear this!
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by stormborn28(m): 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
sirblend:
Alright!

Hi NAIRALANDERS..
I am seriously in need of a government job... Whoever would help me get a FG job would take my salary for six months.
Okokobiokor times Oturugbeke equal to......
Re: Adeboye Hits FG On Border Closure, VAT Increase, Others by am4truth(m): 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
pickatyou:

You and buhari go the same school. Its either you can't read or you are just plain stupid. Where did I bring Jesus in.

You are ignorant. Let me enlighten you, you can't make reference to the church without Christ. Christ owns the church, he died because of the church. You lack home training, calling me 'plain stupid' I pity you.

Leaders Of World Religions Adopt Human Fraternity (Pics) / Any Cherubim And Seraphim Church Member Here? / Prophet Odumeje Celebrates His Wife, Uju Ohanaemere On Her Birthday (Photos)