Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,029 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) (53374 Views)

Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by meccuno: 12:42am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
AyosMan:
Is obvious that Ibo people are sick and they inferiority complex...I see the reason y Yoruba people attack you people on social media... Ikweres and other rivers have their own language, culture and tradition which in some cases have similarities in cultural identity, like food, tribal mark, dressing, names, music and etc, this does mean that they belong to ur ethnic group or tribe... Nawaoooh, Ibo people you guys should be ashamed! You want to force your language on someone else while you want him/her to deny theirs. Am ashame of you people... Simply bcus their name sounds like ibo so automatically they are Ibo...God forbid bad thing....them swear for you guys? Na by for to be Ibo?.....nobody want to assocuate with you self...na my Governor from Owa in igbor is na ibo bcus he bears Ifeanyi...Hahahaha....itsekiri that bears names that sound like Yoruba we can simply na say they are Yoruba's.... Hmmmm....you ibos that claim to know y you know nothing are also aware that history has it that the king of Onitsha migrated from ancient Bini kingdom... I rest my case.....
[/s] Trash

1 Like

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by meccuno: 12:48am On Oct 14, 2019
Binikingdowm:
angry stop quoting me, I'm done with this thread.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by meccuno: 12:51am On Oct 14, 2019
iiiyyyk:

cry louder.....
inside ur ekiti jungle ........

Egbema is in both Rivers state and Imo state, so which Egbema is Igbo and which is not? since you know eastern Nigeria more than every body
We have Edoid Egbema and Igboid Egbema................... grin
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Stamfordluiz(m): 2:12am On Oct 14, 2019
That list is incomplete without king Ateke Tom.
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by chiboyjohn: 4:39am On Oct 14, 2019
Binikingdowm:
thank you that's what I'm trying to point out, even though they now bear Igbo names due to interaction for a long time but most still claim Edo roots
you people are pathetic liers, so they didn't change to kalabari,, they didnt change to ijaw,, grin only igbo abi?
that is their original name and dialect,, stop attaching yourself to any igbo speaking sub-group in the south,

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Elfather12: 5:07am On Oct 14, 2019
All of them na land sellers
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2019
okogbemyk:
If don't know history you should do well and ask or better do research.
I did my NYSC in ahoada west ekpeye kingdom and environ and i was opportuned to visit most of the villages during INEC voters registration exercises ,majority of the villages and town have their origins from Benin kingdom ,I was welcome like a long lost son when I introduced myself that am from Edo during my NYSC ,the chief told their ancestors are from the Benin kingdom and I should feel at home...I visited eze Robinson's Palace with my team then. Traditional title of the king ogbaland in omoku and environ is OBA too they have strong edoid origin.

Every Edo but no edo name or anything just Edo.

The issue of this outrageous edo claims by many can simply be likened to the case of Aristotle who during his shot stay in Egypt and Egyptian library renamed put his name to every single book in Egyptian library that you will see Aristotle's name in physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, history, economics.....every single area has his name and his died at the age of 58 or thereabout accomplishing all these.

Which in actual term is a pure lie, he criminally affixed his name to all Egyptian writings and discoveries.

So that's the case of this Edoid claim which arises during the influence of the oba of Benin that conquered many towns and they were vassal to him and history sharply distorted to migration implying that these their vasssl state migrated from there but in actual sense was simply people defeated in battle or should I say wars.

So this is exactly what's happening now which is same way Aristotle did his.

I read an article where Onicha-Ugbo, Issele uku and obior disproved such Benin claim and fully explained what transpired in old days.

like Edo like Aristotle...

1 Like

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by nasoeb: 6:59am On Oct 14, 2019
franchasng:
Look at their names and titles......and yet they say Niger Delta is not Igbo all because of crude oil that will soon loose global economic value

Denying your route all because of politics and mineral resources that goes and comes

It is well with our Niger Delta brothers, God will open your eyes to see the truth someday!

Nice thread
Which igbo route? They know their route and it definitely has nothing to do with igbos. Rather it is proven that igbos originated from the ikwerres. If you disagree, then please tell us where igbo originate from?
Be bold and tell us.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by nasoeb: 7:03am On Oct 14, 2019
chiboyjohn:

you people are pathetic liers, so they didn't change to kalabari,, they didnt change to ijaw,, grin only igbo abi?
that is their original name and dialect,, stop attaching yourself to any igbo speaking sub-group in the south,

Kalabari igbo speaking?
Kalabari sub group?
This exactly why the igbos will remain pathetic losers. Imagine the effrontery now trying to claim a full Ijaw clan.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by nasoeb: 7:13am On Oct 14, 2019
emonis88:

Pls understand that no person is forcing a person to be igbo. They say they r not but answer igbo names? Well that is their cup of tea. If them like sef make them claim Northern Nigeria, na them Sabi. Abegi another topic Jare!
What do you mean igbo names? Thats how you see it from your own side.
For us here, igbos are the ones answering ikwerre names. Period.
You (igbos) are not important in this country hence no one wants to identify or associate with you politically, because all you do is betray, socially, because all you do is land grab and force people's identity because of your inferiority complex, economically because all your people do is fake drugs and products, steal and push drugs.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Tekzyflex(m): 7:15am On Oct 14, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Are they first class, 2nd class or third class kings.

Or didn't you read the title of the thread.

First Class kings
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 14, 2019
Tekzyflex:

First Class kings

O boy you sure.
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 14, 2019
MelesZenawi:
So all these kings resides in Rivers state and there are still insecurity and high rate of cultism there.

Is it that they are not living up to expectations or they are one of them.

At least their presence will serve as a peace factor and less reduction to crime.

Igboson1 , this were you rightly needed please.
Come and show us your town AMANYANABO.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44 this is For worthy as most of these children don't even know their king's.

Someone like Igboson1.

they ve been sidelined by moneybags and politicians, not their fault afterall stomach infrastructure is also good for them.
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by franchasng: 7:37am On Oct 14, 2019
nasoeb:

Which igbo route? They know their route and it definitely has nothing to do with igbos. Rather it is proven that igbos originated from the ikwerres. If you disagree, then please tell us where igbo originate from?
Be bold and tell us.
Ikwerre sir grin
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by EdwardRandy(m): 7:58am On Oct 14, 2019
Kingxway:
Almost all of them have Igbo names. With either Eze or Obi title which is Igbo words for king
Na em some people go see finish still come dey deny say ikwerre and some other local govts in rivers state ain't igbo land?
I even met one Olodo from ikwerre rivers state whose names are "chimzi nwankwo" and he told me he ain't igbo shocked that his ancestor migrated from Edo state. grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by EdwardRandy(m): 8:07am On Oct 14, 2019
franchasng:
Look at their names and titles......and yet they say Niger Delta is not Igbo all because of crude oil that will soon loose global economic value

Denying your route all because of politics and mineral resources that goes and comes

It is well with our Niger Delta brothers, God will open your eyes to see the truth someday!

Nice thread
It really hurts me when I see those guys denying their igbo ancestry, more hurtful is when they tell me that we Igbos are begging them for unity angry although I've met some who are wise enough to admit the truth..
I even met one slowpoke from ikwerre rivers state by name "chimzi nwankwo' and he boldly told me he's not igbo shocked, that his ancestors migrated from Edo state cheesy. That was the day I gave up on those guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 14, 2019
franchasng:

Nice thread
We are not Igbos!!
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 14, 2019
EdwardRandy:

It really hurts me when I see those guys denying their igbo ancestry, more hurtful is when they tell me that we Igbos are begging them for unity angry although I've met some who are wise enough to admit the truth..
I even met one slowpoke from ikwerre rivers state by name "chimzi nwankwo' and he boldly told me he's not igbo shocked, that his ancestors migrated from Edo state cheesy. That was the day I gave up on those guys.

We are not Igbos!!
Kingxway:
Almost all of them have Igbo names. With either Eze or Obi title which is Igbo words for king
We are not Igbos!!
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by EdwardRandy(m): 8:15am On Oct 14, 2019
Amarabae:

Why all dis desperation to associate the Niger delta minorities with Igbo?
They are not Igbos pls.
Enough of all this unnecessary argument.
Thanks
Madam you must be high on some cheap shit! You may come from rivers state as u claimed but as long as your name is "Amara" which translates to "grace" in igbo, you can't deny your root.. So you think if there's a tribal crisis between the Igbos and the north, and you tell the northerner you're not igbo but your name is Amara, you think he will spare ur life abi?? Dey there make pant dey wear you. undecided
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by chiboyjohn: 8:18am On Oct 14, 2019
nasoeb:

Kalabari igbo speaking?
Kalabari sub group?
This exactly why the igbos will remain pathetic losers. Imagine the effrontery now trying to claim a full Ijaw clan.
you are confused, go and read my comments again,, if you lack comprehensive skills,, or your head is paining you this morning,
i never said that ijaw or kalabati is igbo
the edo man is claiming igbo people then i asked why didn't he claim kalabari and ijaw,,,

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by chiboyjohn: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2019
EdwardRandy:

Madam you must be high on some cheap shit! You may come from rivers state as u claimed but as long as your name is "Amara" which translates to "grace" in igbo, you can't deny your root.. So you think if there's a tribal crisis between the Igbos and the north, and you tell the northerner you're not igbo but your name is Amara, you think he will spare ur life abi?? Dey there make pant dey wear you. undecided
she never denied being igbo shes is igbo from rivers state, shes from oyibo

1 Like

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by EdwardRandy(m): 8:27am On Oct 14, 2019
CeoMYN:

We are not Igbos!!
If you are not igbo what are u then? Don't come and tell me you're from ikwerre cos ikwerre is not a tribe, ikwerre is a communal name same way we have the "Ohafias" in abia state and "ezza" in enugu state. And please can you be honest to tell me your maiden names?
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by EdwardRandy(m): 8:31am On Oct 14, 2019
Yorubabyblood:
why are most of the rivers king bearing ibo names ezes and obi 's title of ibo people
Cos they are Igbos bro, they are the Igbos who migrated from imo state and abia state in search if greener pastures. Same way we have the Igbos in delta state and up to 'Igbanke' in Edo state who migrated from onitsha anambra state.
It's very bad that politics has divided us this much, e no go better for Nigerian govt

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by EdwardRandy(m): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Yes, we paid the price of war but we have made a shocking comeback like being educationally successful than those who murdered our women and wives. You , on the other hand need to worry about why your women are fast to depart Nigeria for prostitution. And , yes , a
Bini language will disappear in 50 years...whats the population of Bini...like 2 million compare that with over 40 million Igbos with intimidating influence even Agbor people are speaking central Igbo. Be nice to the Igbo because we are an emerging force!!
Thank you for schooling that goat.
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Sophiemama: 8:42am On Oct 14, 2019
Binikingdowm:
I know everything about you is just supremacy battle and anybody that isn't Igbo is either yoruba or Hausa.

If you are as smart as you think you are you've have known degema is one of edoid languages located in river state.
My brother, do not argue much. The Degema people are almost a lost tribe as the neighbouring communities have subdued us through political gerrymandering and dominance.
Did you see our King there? The only time the neighbouring communities call him to a meeting is when they want him to give them a portion of our land for peasant nuts.
I weep for my people.
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Rainbow219(m): 8:52am On Oct 14, 2019
Ahhhhhhh are they traditional leaders or American Cowboys leaders
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by MoneyMan5: 8:53am On Oct 14, 2019
kendological:

Stop displaying your stupidity, everyone must not agree with you. I am disappointed in your childish rants. Are your people better than Igbos today? Even with all the losses to the Igbo nation?

Yes we are better

At least we are not Nigeria economic migrants and Refugee cheesy
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Lordave: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2019
nasoeb:

Kalabari igbo speaking?
Kalabari sub group?
You're just a random stüpid nonentity who lacks basic comprehension.

Go back to primary school, maybe then you will understand the post you quoted.

Ekuke!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2019
lessonsoflife:

And if you are a stranger in Eleme you better be careful. They don't like strangers at all and they can kill you and keep it within themselves.
Rule number one, mind the way you relate with their girls.

Thank u!
They hate strangers so much. I don't know why. They task them unnecessarily. Any provocation, they will come to your house to break and steal. U keep on settling them so they will leave you alone.
Very hostile indeed.
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Lordave: 9:39am On Oct 14, 2019
EdwardRandy:

Can you imagine?

“Nwankwo” not even Chimzi Ugochukwu or Chimzi Chijioke but Chimzi “Nwankwo”.

An ancestral name that has probably existed centuries before his ancestors.

So his ancestors didn’t see Osas or Odion to bear but na confirm ancestral Igbo name like Nwankwo? Retardism can’t make people lose their senses like this, there is something stronger.

You saved a slap their bro, you saved a hot slap.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Encyclopedia Of Animals In Igbo Language / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant / Ooni Ogunwusi Renames IPOB In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.