Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) (50528 Views)

Seme Border: Ban On Vehicle Importation Still In Force - Customs / Coronavirus: 23 Nigerian Returnees Arrive Seme Border From Lome / Jubilation As African Migrants Enter Spain After Forcing Entry At Border. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Commentor: 7:35am On Oct 14, 2019
BrokenTV:

You are a serious goat what did she said that is not truth, you that is talking about thinking, have you ever make good use of your brain.
Mynd44, lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by nauto6: 8:01am On Oct 14, 2019
cool
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by ada9ja(f): 8:04am On Oct 14, 2019
Beremx:
The price of a bag of rice is going to hit 50k by December. The idea of Nigeria producing rice is like the Army defeating Boko Haram. All na propaganda.

Buhari should as a matter of urgency open the borders if they cannot provide alternative to curb the high cost of rice.

Nonsense!!
apart from eating rice, what else is it good for? And without eating rice, is there any implication? Abeg there are other food, afterall rice is not our local food

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Happyguy201: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2019
My country Nigeria has so many problems from electricity to insecurity , hardship ,bad roads, poor health care and evil government where do we go from here
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by ArticleBeast: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2019
sarrki:

You must sit down to properly learn and be grounded before thinking of standing to teach or perform with impact.

A tier of rice that was 800 here in the north is now w 1050 before I left the shithole. Una never start they suffer very soon una go dey eat each other for breakfast.
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Kaybaba5(m): 8:09am On Oct 14, 2019
We are just deceiving ourselves
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Ladycewhy(f): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2019
sarrki:
The border closure is 100% ok for us to be able to think inward

The bbc pidgin news which I copied is an attest that we are doing well as a nation

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-49817208
but you dont stay in Nigeria ,so how can you speak on what Nigerians are going through?

Watch "the deceptive promise of free trade" you will see that first world countries after putting punitive measures on goods supported their local producers to atleast match the price of the imported ones. People are paying through their noses for home grown goods that are of low quality compared to imported ones. We cannot because of nationalism subject our own people to more lowered standard of living by forcing people to buy more expensive low quality home goods.

This is how they gave dangote monopoly to produce cement and the price never went down. A country like Nigeria filled with wicked people should not be run on capitalism cos any paddy to the govt given the opportunity will suck the citizens of Nigeria of its last juice while the govt looks away so long as they get their own share.

In a country where people still take agricultural loans to build houses and banks dont care so long as you service the loans and the real farmers are made to go through rigorous processes and give up on loans.

Nigeria will not the the first nor the last country to close its borders but if we fail to revert to self substainabilty and stop paying lip service to issues and making progress on paper,then we are just running in circles and shooting ourselves in the foot cos this will not hold for too long.

3 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by martowskin1(m): 8:13am On Oct 14, 2019
DonEd:

Too much grammar. Is it cheap for the masses to purchase?

Stop quoting people who still feed from their parents....
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Techsunny: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2019
Beremx:
The price of a bag of rice is going to hit 50k by December. The idea of Nigeria producing rice is like the Army defeating Boko Haram. All na propaganda.

Buhari should as a matter of urgency open the borders if they cannot provide alternative to curb the high cost of rice.

Nonsense!!
Country can't even feed themselves properly, closed their border lolzz
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Xstremebj: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2019
dis decision is good sha shud av been don years ago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Nwaonyishi69: 8:15am On Oct 14, 2019
I think if we can all be vigilant like this we may save our people from this marauding foreigners wasting human lives and natural resources. Definitely these are people bent on spreading mayhem.

3 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by cashkid: 8:16am On Oct 14, 2019
Odingo1:
I thought that this border closure is against ECOWAS rule,I thought that in ecowas member countries there is free movement of goods and services within the member states.

So they have been deceiving theirselves all this while in ECOWAS.

Oga if u no understand something ask pls! Go and read ECOWAS treaties and understand better! ECOWAS treaties does not say member countries should open their borders to all sort of nonsense from neighbouring countries! There are clauses attached to the treaties!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by solmusdesigns: 8:16am On Oct 14, 2019
Oga stop being overly negative, I dare you to goto any CBN, AFDB, BOI, BOA Offices close to you and request Agricultural loan and facilities, MSME Loans and see how easy you'll get a loan ... dont just seat in your room and make negative assumptions

NwaliE01:
This is the pick of insensitivity. No palliative measure to cushion the shock on her citizens. Our minimum wage today cannot afford a bag of rice of over 20k. Border closure is not sustainable as it stand today.
Nigerians are dying and in a serious hunger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Commentor: 8:16am On Oct 14, 2019
Techsunny:

Why can't they feed themselves?

2 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Smartwave: 8:16am On Oct 14, 2019
This one that you are wasting your time online, Are we supposed to import maize? Imaging, lazy youth that want everything from government. Enter busy and farm.
Wiseandtrue:

Lies as usual!!! There's famine in the land!!!

Can you answer me this simple question, maize is up to 20 million tonnes right Then why sell for N9000 as against the imported N5000 per bag undecided

Does it make sense to you I mean if manpower, resources and what have you is source locally, why the increase

N9000, with multiple taxes, N30,000 minimum wage

All these policies is only affecting the masses!!!

By the time Buhari is through with Nigeria, Abacha will be a child's play!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Toks2008(m): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2019
sarrki:
The border closure is 100% ok for us to be able to think inward

The bbc pidgin news which I copied is an attest that we are doing well as a nation 8

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-49817208

I laugh at the foolishness of Nigeria government over this border closure
Thing.

Do smuggled goods come in through official borders in the first place?

Believe it or not, foreign rice still comes in even in larger quantity now than ever before and what the government has succeeded in doing is enriching bad customs who will now collect bigger bribe to allow the dare devil smugglers have their way and also enrich the smugglers who will now charge higher to smuggle in the rice and finally enriching the sellers in naija who will now sell at a very huge price.

And guess what? Many Nigerians will still buy the foreign rice regardless of the high price.

So the FG should look inward and find a way to improve the quality of the local rice to match the fireign ones and make sure the price is very cheap then watch if smuggling will not die a natural death.

Closing the border won't solve a thing.
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Thegoodone13(m): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2019
Beremx:

Nonsense!!
if you understand the benefit of closing of border, you will support Buhari on this one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by olagbola45(m): 8:18am On Oct 14, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

I hope Buhari is eating that stone rice

Which arm robbers, what's the job of hameed Ali or the custom

People collected loans, some used their life savings and you just closed the border just like that undecided

Admit, he made a mistake, you will not die!!!

stop lieing up and down saying d rice got stone yes some got stones but d 1 m eating got no stone and it very ok for consumption. ..see my sister we are d 1 doing ourselves imagine those market woman selling common locusts beans you ask dem y is d locusts beans is costly dey will say dey close boarder you ask dis dey will say it costly cos of boarder closure. I have a man selling d Nigeria rice cheaper Dan wot dey are selling in d markets well you might not agree with me or d policy oooo but let try to help d economy of d state

imagine d innoson motor gave mercy instead of hailing d company you. self know how people degrade d car y? we don't believe in wot we produce

y did our brother's in aba will produce simethimg and label it made in China? cos we don't prioritize our own

aba should b hub production producing cloth shoes and every other thing for d country but hell no we want d gucci of dis world and all other designer

well may God help us sha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Commentor: 8:19am On Oct 14, 2019
Toks2008:

I laugh at the foolishness of Nigeria government over this border closure
Thing.

Do smuggled goods come in through official borders in the first place?

Believe it or not, foreign rice still comes in even in larger quantity now than ever before and what the government has succeeded in doing is enriching bad customs who will now collect bigger bribe to allow the dare devil smugglers have their way and also enrich the smugglers who will now charge higher to smuggle in the rice and finally enriching the sellers in naija who will now sell at a very huge price.

And guess what? Many Nigerians will still buy the foreign rice regardless of the high price.

So the FG should look inward and find a way to improve the quality of the local rice to match the fireign ones and make sure the price is very cheap then watch if smuggling will not die a natural death.

Closing the border won't solve a thing.

So why are you complaining?

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Lugianostar(m): 8:19am On Oct 14, 2019
Buhari is an mutanmafu forever!!!
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Smartwave: 8:22am On Oct 14, 2019
Techsunny:
some Nigeria youth need Sense. What is there in Benin republic?? Are Benin producing anything? If you need to import do so through Nigeria seaport. Why importing through another country, while you are still bringing it to Nigeria, and yet you still complaining about bad economy ??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Talkingoil(m): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2019
Pharaoh4rin:
If u don't know d politics behind d ban of rice in d name of land border closure then u are far from Nigeria.

Look, in one of d APC's manifestos in d 2019 presidential election, they claim that within 4 yrs of PMB, his govt have raised d bar on our rice pyramid in kebbi, jigawa, Sokoto and Bauchiand Ebony states. They furnished d president with pictures and what have u.
Recently, buhari inquired and they still defended their claim. So, PMB call and instructed vehemently 1 Hammed Ali-CGC to close d land border. I watched on TV last where d CG custom defended d border closure and what we stand to gain. He further claimed it has reduced banditry. Meanwhile, there's no such rice pyramid.
And i guess u know d percentage of rice we consume in this country.
It may interest u 2 know that PMB is unaware of these claims.

NA WA,

Call for your loans without collateral,
NB For Port Harcourt residents only
0705 734 4852
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by samsard(m): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Lies as usual!!! There's famine in the land!!!

Can you answer me this simple question, maize is up to 20 million tonnes right Then why sell for N9000 as against the imported N5000 per bag undecided

Does it make sense to you I mean if manpower, resources and what have you is source locally, why the increase

N9000, with multiple taxes, N30,000 minimum wage

All these policies is only affecting the masses!!!

By the time Buhari is through with Nigeria, Abacha will be a child's play!!!
Let's not be shortsighted and be emotional.
It's a good development.
I never liked President Buhari but I'll support him 100% on this. Even China jealously makes sure it is selling more than it is buying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by mohemos: 8:26am On Oct 14, 2019
sarrki:

So armed robbers should also tell there victims before hand
This is the most stupid comment I've seen this month....
Why shouldn't they inform the masses of such a critical decision ?
Do you know how many legitimate businesses have been affected due to the closure of border against approved goods ?
Coconut, Pine Apple, spare parts etc..
Go to seme border and see cargoes of spoilt Pine Apple and Coconut.

What's wrong with giving even a week notifications in order for legit business owner to cancel their order ?

If you're that pine apple seller that had lost millions would you make this comment ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by nick50(m): 8:26am On Oct 14, 2019
What about the northern borders.. Are they closed as well ?
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 14, 2019
When I told them its economic clamp down on business driven tribe...some said it doesn't affect only Igbo's...

We have forgotten how they did it before so easily....they are ready to sacrifice what ever sacrificeable to make it look neutral and perfect their plan.

IPOB once leaked a conversion between and northern governor and western senator boasting on their plan to cripple igbo businesses since its making us think we control everything...they boasted to render Igbo's economically irrelevant once they perfect their plan of winning presidential election many igbos doubted that tape...now the script is playing out.

Meanwhile northern boarders are open for goods and we have senators who have been compromised but the funny thing is a typical Igbo man is waiting on his senator to talk or speak up for him...WE IN IPOB KNOWS WHATS COMING FOR US AND WE HAVE A PLAN...GO AND JOIN IPOB NEAREST TO YOU
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Commentor: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2019
nick50:
What about the northern borders.. Are they closed as well ?

No, only eastern borders.
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Emtol01: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2019
Odingo1:
I thought that this border closure is against ECOWAS rule,I thought that in ecowas member countries there is free movement of goods and services within the member states.

So they have been deceiving theirselves all this while in ECOWAS.
Yes there's free movement of goods and services WITHIN LEGAL PROCEDURE within member countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by samsard(m): 8:27am On Oct 14, 2019
NwaliE01:
This is the pick of insensitivity. No palliative measure to cushion the shock on her citizens. Our minimum wage today cannot afford a bag of rice of over 20k. Border closure is not sustainable as it stand today.
Nigerians are dying and in a serious hunger.
China didn't become an industrial hub by appealing to emotions of importers and seeking temporary comfort

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Commentor: 8:28am On Oct 14, 2019
ezenwajosh [s:
post=83119497]When I told them its economic clamp down on business driven tribe...some said it doesn't affect only Igbo's...

We have forgotten how they did it before so easily....they are ready to sacrifice what ever sacrificeable to make it look neutral and perfect their plan.

IPOB once leaked a conversion between and northern governor and western senator boasting on their plan to cripple igbo businesses since its making us think we control everything...they boasted to render Igbo's economically irrelevant once they perfect their plan of winning presidential election many igbos doubted that tape...now the script is playing out.

Meanwhile northern boarders are open for goods and we have senators who have been compromised but the funny thing is a typical Igbo man is waiting on his senator to talk or speak up for him...WE IN IPOB KNOWS WHATS COMING FOR US AND WE HAVE A PLAN...GO AND JOIN IPOB NEAREST TO YOU[/s]

The only place you know is Onicha.

If it was main market matter we were discussing you might have some points.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) / Paulcy Cyprian Iwuala In A Motor Accident - Photos / Accident Victims Who Died Along Keffi - Garaku Road. Do You Know Them? (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.