Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) (50554 Views)

Seme Border: Ban On Vehicle Importation Still In Force - Customs / Coronavirus: 23 Nigerian Returnees Arrive Seme Border From Lome / Jubilation As African Migrants Enter Spain After Forcing Entry At Border. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by edoairways: 9:42am On Oct 14, 2019
I support this government on the ban of foreign rice. Nigerians will get use to the local ones with time

4 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Niccoloimhotep: 9:44am On Oct 14, 2019
Beremx:
The price of a bag of rice is going to hit 50k by December. The idea of Nigeria producing rice is like the Army defeating Boko Haram. All na propaganda.

Buhari should as a matter of urgency open the borders if they cannot provide alternative to curb the high cost of rice.

Nonsense!!
goodmorning grin cheesy
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Techsunny: 9:46am On Oct 14, 2019
Commentor:

You don't know what you are saying.
Canada is a producing country while Us is producing nd consuming country, Canada exports 60% comodoties to Us, Have you ever heard or seen Us close their border?.

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Techsunny: 9:48am On Oct 14, 2019
edoairways:
I support this government on the ban of foreign rice. Nigerians will get use to the local ones with time
When mases have died of kwashiok abi?.

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Techsunny: 9:52am On Oct 14, 2019
Techsunny:
Few rice producers in the country can't even feed one state, u re encouraging ur stupid goverment for adding more hardship to a common man.

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Darkpal: 9:54am On Oct 14, 2019
Odingo1:
I thought that this border closure is against ECOWAS rule,I thought that in ecowas member countries there is free movement of goods and services within the member states.

So they have been deceiving theirselves all this while in ECOWAS.

The free movement of goods is supposed to be for goods produced/manufactured within the ECOWAS sub region and not for goods imported into the sub region.

2 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Titogbanski: 9:56am On Oct 14, 2019
The good thing on this closure is that it will help decongest Lagos to some extent.....but again Apapa might be more choked since the port will now handle all import
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Commentor: 10:01am On Oct 14, 2019
Techsunny:
Canada is a producing country while Us is producing nd consuming country, Canada exports 60% comodoties to Us, Have you ever heard or seen Us close their border?.

Oh dear.

I despair at the low level of education and intellect in Nigeria.
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 14, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Think deep before you respond. Must we eat rice?
Rice is the number one staple food in Nigeria.
Its that important. So yes, we must eat rice.

As if u and your family are exception.

2 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2019
No country is self sufficient.
But Nigerian government killed the moral of producers in Nigeria especially farmers.

This ish started since Buhari took over without a viable alternative.

There should be proactive measures so people will not feel the effect cos at the end of the day, it should be all about the people.
I hope aso rock and all those politicians eat Nigerian rice too.
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by westfield: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Lies as usual!!! There's famine in the land!!!

Can you answer me this simple question, maize is up to 20 million tonnes right Then why sell for N9000 as against the imported N5000 per bag undecided

Does it make sense to you I mean if manpower, resources and what have you is source locally, why the increase

N9000, with multiple taxes, N30,000 minimum wage

All these policies is only affecting the masses!!!

By the time Buhari is through with Nigeria, Abacha will be a child's play!!!

Please what did Abacha do apart from stealing.....did the poor suffer? Do your research well
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by achikolo(f): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Faily faily always repeat class.
[/s]
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by achikolo(f): 10:25am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Oh dear.

I despair at the low level of education and intellect in Nigeria.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by achikolo(f): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Oga stop being overly negative, I dare you to goto any CBN, AFDB, BOI, BOA Offices close to you and request Agricultural loan and facilities, MSME Loans and see how easy you'll get a loan ... dont just seat in your room and make negative assumptions

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by achikolo(f): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Why can't they feed themselves?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by achikolo(f): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

So why are you complaining?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by seunlayi(m): 10:34am On Oct 14, 2019
Hope it is not going to be this rice thing that will lead Nigeria to war? Pls go to the street, people are not smiling, why force a change without any palliative measure?

2 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by achikolo(f): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

No, only eastern borders.

[/s]
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by achikolo(f): 10:38am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Yes.

It depends on how hardworking the people are.

Nigerians should get to work.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by edoairways: 10:42am On Oct 14, 2019
Techsunny:
They will not die of kwashiorkor. Nigeria was doing fine before the importation of foreign rice.

3 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by achikolo(f): 11:05am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

The only place you know is Onicha.

If it was main market matter we were discussing you might have some points.
[/s]
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by maxiflexy(m): 11:19am On Oct 14, 2019
sarrki:

If I have never interrupted your perpetual misery about Nigeria, don't resent me for my unending hope. Your right, my right.
Sarrki I don laugh enter bush chai.........
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:24am On Oct 14, 2019
Daviddson:
It's unfortunate the price escalation this land-border closure has brought, but sorry what do you mean by stone rice?
A lot of Nigerians are very illiterate when it comes to Nigerian rice. They don't know that the only stony rice are those not milled by machines and which are sold by small scale farmers who can't afford milling machines. Go to the market and see different Nigerian-made rice - 50KG bagged and totally stone-free like every other foreign rice.

Umza, Mama Gold, Olam, Mama Africa, Mama's Pride, Mama Happy Rice, Labana, Elephant, Falcon, etc.
How much is the Nigerian rice now? undecided
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by achikolo(f): 11:24am On Oct 14, 2019
[s][s]
Commentor:

Abeg go siddon.
[/s][/s]
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by maxiflexy(m): 11:28am On Oct 14, 2019
oteneaaron:

Meaning that,

as you have refused to see anything good in Nigeria,

he @sarrki does, and since you have the right to hate on your fatherland,

he also the right to be optimistic about the future

grin grin cheesy

ITK will nor kee me
My gee cool cool

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by eluquenson(m): 11:48am On Oct 14, 2019
Buhari should also ban importation of generators

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by FManager(m): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

[s]Lies as usual!!! There's famine in the land!!!

Can you answer me this simple question, maize is up to 20 million tonnes right Then why sell for N9000 as against the imported N5000 per bag undecided

Does it make sense to you I mean if manpower, resources and what have you is source locally, why the increase

N9000, with multiple taxes, N30,000 minimum wage

All these policies is only affecting the masses!!!

By the time Buhari is through with Nigeria, Abacha will be a child's play!!!
[/s]

Will you shut it, if don't know how to think, pay someone to help you out. angry
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Empredboy(m): 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2019
Area4Area:
This has always been my prayer, 50k for a bag of rice, let our farmers enjoy and let Benin Rep government and people suffer for trying to disrupt our economy
hope you are not a smuggler because right now they are the ones praying for the border to remain closed permanently. Na now una dey make the real money. FA -AYA - WO
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by semyman: 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
Odingo1:
I thought that this border closure is against ECOWAS rule,I thought that in ecowas member countries there is free movement of goods and services within the member states.

So they have been deceiving theirselves all this while in ECOWAS.
So the government should do nothing as other member Nation in ECOWAS refused to check mate the impending catastrophe by allowing all manner of goods, weapons, drugs to be smuggled into Nigeria
Funny enough you are the type that will still condemn the president for not taking appropriate action on time.
Wailers spotted

3 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by budaatum: 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
Area4Area:
E dey pepper dem as e dey sweet us.
Don't go and start a rice or fish farm, be waiting for cheap stuffs from smugglers
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Doyin2(m): 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2019
Beremx:
The price of a bag of rice is going to hit 50k by December. The idea of Nigeria producing rice is like the Army defeating Boko Haram. All na propaganda.

Buhari should as a matter of urgency open the borders if they cannot provide alternative to curb the high cost of rice.

Nonsense!!

Must you eat rice every day?

If you were eating daily and can no longer afford it,eat it every other day na.,till the price crashes in the very foreseeable future.

Even in those "good old days" rice was eaten occasionally.
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by GoldHorse(m): 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
Beremx:
but why should there still be stony rice in this 21st century? We can tolerate stones in beans because it can easily be picked out, but rice? Haba!! I love Nigerian rice, but when it is not readily available and too expensive nko?

That's one of the things this border closure will address.

Farmers will be able to sell the ones they produce. This will increase their capacity to produce more and better rice without stones.

A good example is the case of chinko phones then. That their phones will never sell in western countries by the way but they sold millions in Africa which gave them capacity to produce better ones.

I hope Nigerians can be patient enough for this to happen with our rice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Accident Victims Who Died Along Keffi - Garaku Road. Do You Know Them? (Graphic / Who Knows This Man Who Died In Accident In Ogun State? (Photos) / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.