Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1334549 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mstomie: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
I'm interested in joining....Nov 9th APR will send a PM

Hephzibah2018:
Anyone interested in joining the November AOR please send me a PM. May God fulfil our heart desires in Jesus' name...Amen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Meeddah: 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
Thank you so much my brother. How long does the BCS takes cuz i wouldn't want a cpurse that'll tale too lomg. And the way it sounds, i think the PNP seems difficult so would rather go for the normal express entry and what are other things that can be done to boost our cpr?
Jaybye:
It's been a pleasure sis.

Let me reiterate, there's no amount of info I'll give you that can satisfy your thirst to know everything in this whole process at once. You'll still need to visit page one and first click on the Express Entry and PNP links to know more.

Based on the info you provided, your hubby seems to be in an advantageous position to be the PA (Primary Applicant). Why? Because he's still less than 30. Though, apparently, you're younger than him, your not having up to 3years paid work experience will lower the CRS with you as PA. Now you can see why he should be the PA!

In terms of Education, you are at par because you have a degree each. To get your hubby to improve you guys' CRS towards an ITA-fetching (ITA=Invitation To Apply) one, he needs to add another certificate like CIMA, BCS, a PGD, etc so that he can claim 2 or more Certificates.
Note: I did a calculation of your CRS with your hubby as PA, using the details you provide and it stands at 436. What made it that high is his age but then, if I may be blunt, that score is still not near one that can get you an ITA under FSW (Federal Skilled Worker) program with the current trend. Pls visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and confirm scores using your hubby's details.

However, your hubby's CRS might get an ITA if you venture into PNP (Provincial Nominee Program).
Yet again, Page 1 has more info.
If your hubby's job is in demand in any of Canada's provinces, except Quebec (and if your husband is vast in French, why not?), he can apply to some of the provinces or hope to be picked by others if he ticked them as Province of Interest while filling his EE profile. You must know that some of these provinces highly favour applicants who have relatives staying in them, aside the in-demand jobs. You will still need to read more to know the other conditions attached to accepting and being valid to get the extra 600points associated with PNP. You mentioned 'a family friend' but family friends don't have any direct influence on the outcome of your EE process, aside using their address for your ECA and of course making you feel welcomed when you finally land in Canada; that's even if you find yourself in the same province as them! But you can claim points from siblings or step-siblings, yours or hubby's, in the case of FSW and in addition to that, from uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, grandmas, grandpas etc of certain age limit, in the case of PNP.

And for you and hubby's education credentials to count, both must be assessed by any suitable evaluating body in Canada. I already assumed both of you have had your ECA, that's why your hubby earned points which made up to the 436 above, derived from the CRS tool. And I also assumed both of you sat for IELTS and had L-R-W-S of at least 8-7-7-7. To write IELTS, you both must have your valid travel passport ready. Page 1 has links to study materials and other useful tips.

Moreso, for your hubby to earn points for his job as a self-employed individual, he must be able to prove that his business is registered, must be able to present Tax (clearance) Certificate, must have evidence that he earns monthly from the business, must have some sort of written endorsement from some of his customers.. etc

After reading the recommended page 1s of previous Parts 1-8 and still not clear on certain issues, please ask more questions. You'll always get response from anyone here. That I'm so sure of.

All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemblaze(f): 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
Awwwnnn....No ves Sis...Ok EOR approved
Your new score is: 10/10 grin

swaga007:

Nawah sis...with everything I wrote u gave me 8, what else do u want me to include, in order to have 10. Loool

Anyway, thanks alot dear!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemblaze(f): 11:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
Awwwnnn.. thanks for checking up. Amen

Jaybye:
Big

@Yemblaze: I want to believe the ECA has been completed. All the best sis.
It will end in praise for us all. Let's keep the struggle up..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lastbornop: 12:26am On Nov 10, 2019
Good day all,
Please those who have written BCS exam especially Foundation in Business Analysis, kindly come through with information.
What is ECA evaluation of it?
Level of exam?
Any study Centre or materials?

I noticed others too are trying to get information about this....

Biko help with information.
NB: I don read Tru n search but the information are fragmented and not streamlined to bold part of my question �.
Thank you ☺

@Kamso11 @Chiomaegbe1234 @Babyibi @Zara01 @Samseens @Prettiepearlz @Kaysalas @terrymason @Sanmiosanmi @Meeddah
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lastbornop: 2:03am On Nov 10, 2019
Biko make una no fex for ds house hooo, ds Canny Bug � don bite me no be small n my eyes � are open now I see....

Anyone with tested and trusted Madonna contact for transcript, kindly share with me mbok...
@cmaamaa @Jennypharb1 @CanadianBae @Austinbani @Nksandy @Sissyisy @AdaZion2018

And Delsu too please...
@ananne @Geetaybeks @Shinningstar201 @boco2126 @MsJanez01 @Xavi2019 @Ghannaija @benizu

Mentioned (Cc) monikers plz I need your help

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mcstan18(m): 4:20am On Nov 10, 2019
Eraytee:
Hello everyone, please where is @mcstan18? Has he gotten to canny, its been long i saw him online. Just checking on him.

Hello Eraytee. I really appreciate you for the kind thoughts. I'm doing just fine. I haven't been very active across most online platforms for a while. I hope you're keeping well.

I'm still in Buhari's Nigeria though.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tolfa(m): 6:23am On Nov 10, 2019
Nice to hear from you bro...
mcstan18:

Hello Eraytee. I really appreciate you for the kind thoughts. I'm doing just fine. I haven't been very active across most online platforms for a while. I hope you're keeping well.

I'm still in Buhari's Nigeria though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by KayLayChi: 7:11am On Nov 10, 2019
Congratulations, please a quick question.

Did your sworn affidavit pre or post date your Newspaper publication.

I have been married since 2012 and I changed my name since 2012 (newspaper publication), all my documents have my husband's name.

I dont have a sworn affidavit yet, was thinking of getting one now, I hope it wont be a problem that my sworn affidavit will be dated 2019 while my Newspaper publication is dated 2012.

Please anyone in my shoes?

[quote author=swaga007 post=83875794]IT’S PPR Guys. Shout of Victory!

LEGAL NAME CHANGE
1. Sworn affidavit
2. Newspaper Publication

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by topeolu1: 7:12am On Nov 10, 2019
Not quite....

It depends on the registration status of the supermarket with corporate affairs commission CAC. If it was registered as a Limited liability company - LTD, you go to FIRS. If it was registered as a business name or enterprise OR you are just trading in your individual name, you go to your state inland revenue service or Tax authorities.

Regards.

MumofTwins2017:

Depending on your location, you can visit any FIRS office and get all the necessary information regarding the documents to present. No referrals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by POTUSUK: 7:12am On Nov 10, 2019
Hello good people of this forum—

Please I need answers to the following questions:
1. Do we have to be a professional Engineer in other to get Engineering jobs in Canada?
2. If yes; is it generic for a Petroleum Engineer?
3. Can my being a member of Engineers Australia be directly transferred to Engineers Canada? Is this the same as been a professional Engineer?
4. Are there dedicated sites or forums on here for Petroleum Engineers looking for jobs in Canada?
5. My COPR city of destination is Edmonton. Does that mean I have to land at Edmonton and not say Calgary for example?
6. Which cities in Canada have the best prospects for a petroleum engineering job?

Thank you so much for your best efforts to respond and I wish everyone on here the best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by topeolu1: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2019
It depends on the registration status of the supermarket with corporate affairs commission CAC. If it was registered as a Limited liability company - LTD, you go to FIRS. If it was registered as a business name or enterprise OR you are just trading in your individual name, you go to your state inland revenue service or Tax authorities.

Regards.

jany:

It's been a long read. Many knowledgeable Information and many conflicting one's as well. May God help us. With faith, we will get there.

I am a JJC, so i will be all over you o grin wink wink grin.

Question 1: Please, how did you get your Tax Clearance in Nigeria as a Supermarket Owner? Any referrals, I will really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:39am On Nov 10, 2019
lastbornop:
Good day all,
Please those who have written BCS exam especially Foundation in Business Analysis, kindly come through with information.
What is ECA evaluation of it?
Level of exam?
Any study Centre or materials?

I noticed others too are trying to get information about this....

Biko help with information.
NB: I don read Tru n search but the information are fragmented and not streamlined to bold part of my question �.
Thank you ☺

@Kamso11 @Chiomaegbe1234 @Babyibi @Zara01 @Samseens @Prettiepearlz @Kaysalas @terrymason @Sanmiosanmi @Meeddah
Well as for this course. I haven’t seen anyone with a candid information about it. We only heard about it when the Compunet guys told us about it after our BCS exam in Lagos. They said it gets a favorable evaluation but we are yet to see anyone come forward to validate this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hephzibah2018: 8:41am On Nov 10, 2019
Mstomie:
I'm interested in joining....Nov 9th APR will send a PM

Sure, I'll respond when I receive your pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bear007(m): 8:43am On Nov 10, 2019
Adeime:
I don’t know about most but please take out CIPM from that option as you’d have about minimum of 3 diets to write and depending on your success rate you’re looking at a completion time in 2021 obviously you know that’s not favorable in this game as time is of essence

Thank you for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bear007(m): 8:44am On Nov 10, 2019
Erigo23:

I don’t advice PGD cuz it takes 9 months I think you should do BCS it’s a diploma you don’t need to have a background the diploma itself is the foundation course and it’s in March result comes out a few months after and you can enter the pool instead of waiting 9 months then federal school wahala of processing transcripts. My opinion.

God bless you for the response..Do you have an idea of the cost or registration process for BCS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bear007(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2019
Good day house...

Please any idea on the Cost of processing (both application and tuition) and registration date for BCS.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Phaytie(f): 10:08am On Nov 10, 2019
I am. I just sent you an email. I hope you received it.

Hephzibah2018:
Anyone interested in joining the November AOR please send me a PM. May God fulfil our heart desires in Jesus' name...Amen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Silversurfer1: 10:13am On Nov 10, 2019
[quote author=POTUSUK post=83892216]Hello good people of this forum—

Please I need answers to the following questions:
1. Do we have to be a professional Engineer in other to get Engineering jobs in Canada?
2. If yes; is it generic for a Petroleum Engineer?
3. Can my being a member of Engineers Australia be directly transferred to Engineers Canada? Is this the same as been a professional Engineer?
4. Are there dedicated sites or forums on here for Petroleum Engineers looking for jobs in Canada?
5. My COPR city of destination is Edmonton. Does that mean I have to land at Edmonton and not say Calgary for example?
6. Which cities in Canada have the best prospects for a petroleum engineering job?

You can ask these questions on the "Living in Canada" thread. There are lots of Engineers there who've answered questions on career prospects for Engineers in Canada. It's one of the regulated careers and I believe you will have to write their exams before you can practice there.
As to 3, I saw an article about a Nigerian Engineer who worked in Australia and was able to get his experience recognised in Canada. I'm sure if you ask on that thread or use Google, you'd find answers to 4 and 6.
As to 5, if you didn't go through the PNP route (if you weren't sponsored by the Province of Alberta) you can land and live anywhere in Canada except for Quebec because they have their own immigration program. You can choose to live in Quebec afterwards
though[color=#000099][/color]

Modified: You can land in Quebec. IRCC answered a person who asked on Twitter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 10, 2019
Jaybye:
Hello house. I'm a 'newbie'. I wrote my IELTS yesterday and since then I've been sleeping and dreaming about IELTS, even when I was on a bike on my way home from d exam centre, I nearly fell off due to over-dreaming. Now, my questions..

1. As these dreams have persisted till now, are they some positive sign that I will max out IELTS or it's warning me already that I'll have a torrid time with the VO in the future and I might even bag the famous 5?

2. How do I go about sending my NECO/WAEC? I have read all the pages and can't find the page where a reference is made about it. I'm always busy so I have not been able to use the search bar.

And pls, don't send me to page 1.

Kindly assist. It's quite urgent!

Cc: @Tina26, @Ednut1 @Somaris @Pwinkle and all other gurus..

Lmao..

grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Steph16: 10:40am On Nov 10, 2019
Bear007:
Good day house...

Please any idea on the Cost of processing (both application and tuition) and registration date for BCS.

Thanks.

While you wait for further information on BCS, I also think you should consider CIMA. In my opinion, it's the fastest as you can be done in 4 months or less depending on how determined you are. I did this and I'm currently waiting for WES evaluation report.

Register with cima on https://www.cimaglobal.com/Starting-CIMA/Starting-CIMA/Registration/ fee is 77£. Please pay online, if you pay to the Nigerian office, your registration will take weeks.

2. Send your credentials to CIMA. you'll get the email to send it after registration

3. Study for your exams with Astranti.com and Opentuition.com

4. Exam registration is 70£ per paper.. Exam is electronic, you choose a convenient time, date and center ( any pearsonVUE center).,The various centres and their addresses will appear during registration, so you can choose a center near you. DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY TO THE TEST CENTER.. You're to book for your exam atleast two days to the exam day.

5. You will get a provisional result after each exam, then details will be uploaded to your account after like 2 days.. pass mark is 100/150. There are 60 questions for 2hrs for BA1-3.. then 85 questions for BA4, 2 hrs

6. You're to write BA1 to BA4 in order to get the certificate in Business accounting which you'll evaluate with wes.

7. On how long it will take, depends on you.. you can check the syllabus and study materials to know how long it can take you to cover it.. However, it took me about 6 - 7 weeks

8. When you're done with your 4 exams, you'll wait for like two days for it to be updated...Then you can register with WES

9. Once you have gotten your WES reference No, send an email to cima to prepare your transcripts and letter of good standing.. Also tell them you want to arrange for a courier service.. This is to expedite the process because cima uses regular post which takes weeks to get to Canada.. Follow up with a call to CIMA.. I requested for mine and it was ready for pick up the following day.. Remember to put your WES reference no while booking the courier.. I paid about 65£ for the courier and it got to WES in 3days...

For more info.. visit https://www.cimaglobal.com

Copied

Materials can be gotten in this link. Replace dot with .

https://drivedotgoogledotcom/folderview?id=1Y7DXywxS_TURIGBNmr45C0yUz7Z-9C5m

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 10, 2019
ednut1:
see this adr lol
.ouch. this is sad cos his job may be genuine and not all firms use email to communicate with employees. Some companies are small that everyone sits in the same room and communicates physically or via phone calls. I hope he scaled through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2019
Meeddah:
Hello my very good brothers and sisters. Please i am very much new here. I haven't even started with any processing or written any exam. I am married with a kid and wanna relocateto canada with my husband and baby. I have a bsc, My husband has ND and has a successful company of his own. Pls are we qualified for the express.
And what other means can make us gain entry to canada that me and husband can work there and our kid can go to school. Please i really need your enlightenment here. God bless you all.

You are qualified but a BSc without more will not give you enough points to get ITA. The current trend is high. Consider a certification course or learning French to boost your score.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by swaga007: 11:20am On Nov 10, 2019
Adeime:
Congratulations......just the news I wanted to read

I appreciated... God bless u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by swaga007: 11:24am On Nov 10, 2019
Hephzibah2018:

Congrats to you and yours. May Mapleland be green and soft for your landing. My husband and I too shall testify and celebrate in Jesus' mighty name, Amen.

We would celebrate with you guys soon...thanks sis!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ibromoney: 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hello. Will they accept my siwes as work experience. My current work experience is 19 months. I have been working with a friend as part-time for 14 months. I am just trying to push my work experience to 3 years. Do they take part-time work as an undergraduate? Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ibromoney: 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2019
Is there any WhatsApp group for Canadian Express entry? Please, I will like to join any. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hephzibah2018: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
Phaytie:

I am. I just sent you an email. I hope you received it.

Responded
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hephzibah2018: 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
swaga007:

We would celebrate with you guys soon...thanks sis!

Amennnnn, sis. God bless you and yours
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mimi1999: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2019
The Wait
This was horrendous and painful especially when people who submitted same time or after I did started landing in Canada. I started following this thread in Part 2, submitted in Part 6 and was hoping and praying that my wait won't be this long but here I am in Part 9 sharing my testimony. So if you're like me and the wait is getting to you, don't be sad it'll come.

Congrats @pejuhazel. At long last.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Realbutem: 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
@lastbornop
Anyone with tested and trusted Madonna contact for transcript, kindly share with me mbok...

Hi, if you still need this info you can pm me. I have the contact who helped me
from exams and records

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.