Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333500 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hinograce: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
KaceeDcontrol:

WAEC or NECO is no longer required for WES!
really! That is awesome because i have been confused on how to go about it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iaatmguy(m): 1:26pm On Oct 16, 2019
smslive2:
Part 9 Already! @ladymarshall, good job. I pray for speedy PPR to everyone at their respective stages.
Who miss me? I want to prophesy for one person... Who is the lucky person?
Oya check your email and shout for joy... May God reward you all. Every stumbling block is destroyed... Rejoice for it is settled!
i miss you die, i miss you like kilode, how is edmonton?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2019
enesty:
Hi
Please have anyone tried migration through AIPP?
waste of time because it is hard getting a job offer from outside canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Rence22(f): 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
kingkhalil:
Hello House,

I have submitted my application and minutes later received a letter to confirm that my Application was received. Is that the popular 'AOR'? What next should I be expecting?
Hahahahahahaha. Please permit my laughing. What you received is profile number, a welcoming message and information to check your CRS. Go and injest the pages veeeeery well. You will know what the abbreviations mean and which stage it is peculiar to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
eryosa0:
Question please for those who have done biometrics. Do i need to carry a coloured version of the biometics letter to vfs for the biometrics or will a black and white copy suffice
any
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by eryosa0: 1:32pm On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
any
[color=#006600][/color]
Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kk2003: 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
Thanks, seen similar response. Although the PA is not the one under asylum.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-change-from-an-asylum-seeker-to-a-highly-skilled-work-permit-after-i-have-applied-for-asylum.573563/#post-7107308

Silversurfer1:

I had to modify my answer. As an asylum seeker, your application for asylum must be approved by Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) or IRCC. If the asylum seeker isn't designated as a protected person, then no, the person cannot apply for PR because I believe they don't yet have a legal right to reside in Canada.

You can read this page and find out more about it:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5205-applying-permanent-residence-within-canada-protected-persons-convention-refugees.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
Dan90s:
Good morning guys, my question is I did my ECA with WES for study at the time and I used it to create my EE profile (due to lack of info), then I realized I had to upgrade it for immigration purposes (thanks to NL). My dilemma now is that I noticed the reference number now has "IM" included but since I have received ITA I can't edit the reference number in my EE profile, so do I go ahead to apply since they would now have the upgraded ECA report and I would upload the pdf copy of the WES report. Gurus of the house your input will be much appreciated

cc @ladymarshall & co
if your completed date on the new report is lets say 15th october and you opened profile 12th and got ita too before then. You are playing with fire

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Rence22(f): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
waste of time because it is hard getting a job offer from outside Canada
As a matter of fact, it is not really a waste of time. It is just that the provinces under the programme. The good thing about it is that the jobs don't require LIMA. Trust me, the students being rejected will soon start flooding the programme. The other thing I would like to mention is if anyone knows a person (preferably a female) who doesn't feel intimidated being a nanny, there are opportunities profound in Canada. They should checkout the Caregiver website in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
Rence22:

As a matter of fact, it is not really a waste of time. It is just that the provinces under the programme. The good thing about it is that the jobs don't require LIMA. Trust me, the students being rejected will soon start flooding the programme. The other thing I would like to mention is if anyone knows a person (preferably a female) who doesn't feel intimidated being a nanny, there are opportunities profound in Canada. They should checkout the Caregiver website in Canada.
how do you get a job offer when most of the listed companies dont even have websites or online presence. There is an aipp thread on nairaland it has gone dead. Waste of time program. Favours those in canada already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Rence22(f): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
eryosa0:

[color=#006600][/color]
Ok thanks
It is not too heavy to go with both, when you get there, they will tell you what they want.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hephzibah2018: 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:

Please don't say that.....its discouraging. You can simply explain the pros and cons to him na. I got a job by the grace of God, it's just that RNIP hasn't kicked off properly yet, otherwise I could've gone for it (no solid deets on getting recommendation from those provinces yet), and I already got an ITA before the job came, so didn't need it to claim points for EE. Please try if you can to apply for as many jobs as possible. RULE #1 ALWAYS TAILOR YOUR CV TO THE JOB YOU'RE APPLYING FOR, #2 KEEP IT IN CANADIAN RESUME FORMAT (you can find a template online). God's blessings.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hephzibah2018:

Please don't say that.....its discouraging. You can simply explain the pros and cons to him na. I got a job by the grace of God, it's just that RNIP hasn't kicked off properly yet, otherwise I could've gone for it (no solid deets on getting recommendation from those provinces yet), and I already got an ITA before the job came, so didn't need it to claim points for EE. Please try if you can to apply for as many job as possible. RULE #1 ALWAYS TAILOR YOUR CV TO THE JOB YOURE APPLYING FOR, #2 KEEP IT IN CANADIAN RESUME FORMAT (you can find a template online). God's blessings.
it's hard getting a job, thats the truth

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hephzibah2018: 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
it's hard getting a job, thats the truth

I understand my brother, but trust me when I say that no one story is same for everyone. My friends and I have been able to secure our job offers, to the glory of God.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BishopHNO: 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2019
Erigo23:

AGE RANGE AMOUNT

Birth to 4 years N25,000

5 to 10 years N27,000

11 to 14 Years N31,000

15 years & ABOVE N35,000

Add extra N7,500 for each family member that has tribal marks as hepatitis will be tested.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by evergreen9: 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
only you can decide that. Watch videos on youtube comparing both

Whats the registration cost for IELTS exams?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
evergreen9:

Whats the registration cost for IELTS exams?
why not google it

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iela19(f): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:
I thought we left lazy questions in part 8. Nawa o

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chanceux: 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2019
BishopHNO:

Add extra N7,500 for each family member that has tribal marks as hepatitis will be tested.
LMAO really? I thought hepatitis was already part of the test in the first place?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Saskbound: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
I just sent you a mail , I can give you the contact of the staff who assisted in the records office . I don’t know if he is still there but no harm in giving him a call and asking
Chijiuba:
Good morning house, please does anyone know who can assist with uniabuja transcript, my waec has been accepted by wes more than 4 months ago, I have been waiting for uniabuja regarding my transcript yet nothing this is about 5 months now, please any help would be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chijiuba: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
Thank you for reaching out, I have replied.

Saskbound:
I just
sent you a mail , I can give you the contact of the staff who assisted in the records office . I don’t know if he is still there but no harm in giving him a call and asking
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lordjonjo(m): 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#000000][/color]
BishopHNO:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by successhungry: 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
smslive2:
Part 9 Already! @ladymarshall, good job. I pray for speedy PPR to everyone at their respective stages.
Who miss me? I want to prophesy for one person... Who is the lucky person?
Oya check your email and shout for joy... May God reward you all. Every stumbling block is destroyed... Rejoice for it is settled!
I was about to mention you yesterday,seer. Say;I pray thee;when is my ppr coming ?grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chukwuemeka275(m): 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2019
kingkhalil:
Hello House,

I have submitted my application and minutes later received a letter to confirm that my Application was received. Is that the popular 'AOR'? What next should I be expecting?

Yep AOR

Next you are expected to pass medical (If all your body parts are sound as in 'follow come') tongue

Then they'll invite you for biometrics.

At this point you can relax as most of the heavy lifting has been done.

Then the dreaded wait...

But no worry you have lots of colleagues on naira land to give you moral support. grin

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by sandsone198: 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hi all, please who here graduated from IMSU and has successfully verified their transcripts with WES. I need to know how the process works. I also would need a contact in the exams and records that would fast track the process for me. Pleeeeaaaaaasssse!!! I'm on my knees begging ooo. Let this new part favour all of us IJN.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jemappelle1: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2019
ednut1:

That's not entirely true. I know a lot of folks from my office that got jobs in Canada from Nigeria here. Most of them was after their PPR, while a few was before. I think it depends on your profession

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 3:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
Jemappelle1:

That's not entirely true. I know a lot of folks from my office that got jobs in Canada from Nigeria here. Most of them was after their PPR, while a few was before. I think it depends on your profession
yes easy after ppr. But before ppr its hard but some are lucky depending on their profession like you said. The aipp is not that easy to get jobs from the so called designated employers was my point
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by slydog(m): 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
Seems we might not have a draw today. Sad, scores will pump up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
Be calm, there's still time.
slydog:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2019
No draw today? The wait is stressing me out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2019
Its too early to conclude, there is still time. At this point back to back draws is mostly likely to be way of reducing that crs cut-off.. that pool is too competitive.

slydog:

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.