Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333706 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
This is the period when some profiles would become ineligible because of the updated POF, as always advised previously, always make sure the amount stated in your profile is a bit above the set limit by IRCC to avoid losing your profile. tie-break rule is key in this journey.

dexla:
Proof of funds has just been increased

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Arlanda: 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kekereekun123:
no issues as long as you declare it

Okay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Itzpearlz: 5:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
Eraytee:
This is the period when some profiles would become ineligible because of the updated POF, as always advised previously, always make sure the amount stated in your profile is a bit above the set limit by IRCC to avoid losing your profile. tie-break rule is key in this journey.

If you had the previous POF limit on your profile, you can update without it affecting your ITA chances.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WiseYoungMan: 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gurus in the house, please i have a question.

I have a girlfriend i intend to get married to within this year, presently i'm in the pool with a score of 478, i tried to re-calculate my score as "married" and i got a score of 451, considering that she hasn't done ECA or IELTS.

My question is this, when is the best time to add her to my application? We don't want to go through the stress of ECA and IELTS for her.
Considering the score factor, can i safely add her Post AOR or Post PPR?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
WiseYoungMan:

I have a girlfriend i intend to get married to within this year, presently i'm in the pool with a score of 478, i tried to re-calculate my score as "married" and i got a score of 451, considering that she hasn't done ECA or IELTS.

My question is this, when is the best time to add her to my application? We don't want to go through the stress of ECA and IELTS for her.

Thanks.
Post AOR

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Suspect33(m): 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2020
Incase you're thinking of what career is more likely to get you a PR, In British Columbia, over 8500 job openings, 1800+ is in Software and Programming, 600+ healthcare, just thought you should know grin cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teemez: 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
Thanks sir/ma, sorry to bother you with this again. MY QUESTION: Can I use Certificate for ND and use Notification of Result for HND? Will WES accept Notification of Result ?? Awaiting your kind response.
Fabguen:

Post PPR - Yes via spousal sponsorship. Bear in mind that this process is renowned to be quite long. However, if you and fam are willing to accept the sacrifice, then yes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jinnyz: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
The best time to add her is post AOR, it means your wedding have to be post AOR. Then she will only do medicals, PCC and you will have to increase your POF to family of 2.

Take note: your wedding cannot be pre-AOR and you inform IRCC post AOR that will be misrepresentation.

WiseYoungMan:

Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
yes sure, but previously we have seen the instance of updating it and some lost their profiles in the process. this have known before creating mine, my POF is still above the new limit.

Itzpearlz:

If you had the previous POF limit on your profile, you can update without it affecting your ITA chances.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WiseYoungMan: 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
jinnyz:
The best time to add her is post AOR, it means your wedding have to be post AOR. Then she will only do medicals, PCC and you will have to increase your POF to family of 2.

Take note: your wedding cannot be pre-AOR and you inform IRCC post AOR that will be misrepresentation.

Ok, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Itzpearlz: 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
Eraytee:
yes sure, but previously we have seen the instance of updating it and some lost their profiles in the process. this have known before creating mine, my POF is still above the new limit.

Okay nice point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Horlaidey007: 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
Suspect33:
Incase you're thinking of what career is more likely to get you a PR, In British Columbia, over 8500 job openings, 1800+ is in Software and Programming, 600+ healthcare, just thought you should know grin cool

Please can you share links to this opening /opportunities
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Suspect33(m): 5:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
Horlaidey007:

Please can you share links to this opening /opportunities
bcjobs.ca
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Softness147: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
2020-2022 Immigration Levels Plan announcement by March
By March, Canada’s new Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, Marco Mendicino, should be in a position to table the 2019 Annual Report to Parliament on Immigration. The report is usually released by November 1 each year, but this was delayed because of the federal election on October 21.

This report is significant because it provides insight into the federal government’s immigration priorities. Perhaps its most notable aspect will be Canada’s 2020-2022 Immigration Levels Plan. We already know the federal government’s immigration targets for 2020 (341,000 newcomers) and 2021 (350,000 newcomers). As outlined in Minister Mendicino’s Mandate Letter, we should expect a modest increase to the 2022 target that, based on current trends, could be in the neighbourhood of 360,000 immigrants.

Parents and Grandparents Program changes expected by April at the latest
It is expected that the federal government will announce their intake process plans for the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) by April 2020 at the latest. While the federal government has an annual target of welcoming about 21,000 immigrants under the PGP, managing the intake process has proven challenging for many years now given demand far exceeds the supply of available immigration spots. It is likely the federal government will roll out a new process that seeks to avoid previous intake process shortcomings.

Will citizenship fees be waived in 2020?
Eliminating citizenship fees is also part of Mendicino’s Mandate Letter. The current cost of becoming a citizen is $630 per adult, which some have argued is prohibitively high for low-income individuals and families. It is unknown when the fees will be waived, but we can expect the citizenship uptake rate to temporarily stagnate or decline as eligible immigrants make the rational decision to wait for this policy to be implemented. When it does come into effect, citizenship rates could increase by about 40 per cent by 2024.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Fabguen: 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
Teemez:
Thanks sir/ma, sorry to bother you with this again. MY QUESTION: Can I use Certificate for ND and use Notification of Result for HND? Will WES accept Notification of Result ?? Awaiting your kind response.

I'm unsure if WES will accept or not. You might just get lucky. Proceed with the evaluation, they'll let you know if they require new documents.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teemez: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
Thanks. I really appreciate
Fabguen:

I'm unsure if WES will accept or not. You might just get lucky. Proceed with the evaluation, they'll let you know if they require new documents.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaGoingMaple: 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
Post AOR on the assumption that you were not married before receiving ITA as your date of marriage cannot predate ITA. Otherwise,you would have updated your marital status on you profile and accompanying status as well. I stand to be corrected.

COPR2020:

Post AOR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teemez: 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
Good evening sirs/ma, Please I can use a cousin for prove of family on Canada bearing in mind that we dont bear the same SURNAME, before she got married and now that she is also married we still cant bear the same SURNAME. Your prompt response is highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Horlaidey007: 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
Suspect33:
bcjobs.ca
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Owinifre: 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hello everyone. I am a funds transfer officer in a Bank. I'm finding it difficult to decided on the right Noc for my job experience. Any ideas please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
Teemez:
Good evening sirs/ma, Please I can use a cousin for prove of family on Canada bearing in mind that we dont bear the same SURNAME, before she got married and now that she is also married we still cant bear the same SURNAME. Your prompt response is highly appreciated

You should be able to prove that you are related. For example, same parents so the surname will be same. That is your dad/mum and her dad/mum have same parents and bear same surname.
Some other people might throw more light on this, so be open to other people's feedback
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kiari: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
Teemez:
you can't use your cousin. only your sibling, or your spouse's siblings. that's all...

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dejavu44: 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
BoazBoo:
Yes. Had the same issue too. My passport had only 4months when i submitted despite the 6months validity required on the submission letter. I went ahead to submit and got my COPR and immigrant visa in 12working days. However, my immigrant visa expires the same day my passport expires. I intend renewing in Canada tho.

Great piece of info. Thanks for the response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Markab: 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
Bros I hail ooo
Eraytee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teemez: 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
Thanks quote author=kiari post=85449393]
you can't use your cousin. only your sibling, or your spouse's siblings. that's all... [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Arlanda: 11:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
The federal skilled Express entry looks somehow complicated

Is it compulsory one must get a job offer in Canada before eligibility
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 11:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
And where did you read that? @bold is not a criteria for EE, programs like AINP or RNIP are the ones that requires a job offer. EE you dont need a job offer to be eligible for it.

Arlanda:
The federal skilled Express entry looks somehow complicated

Is it compulsory one must get a job offer in Canada before eligibility

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jancollins: 11:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
You can only use your cousin as prove of family to gain points for provincial nomination. While you can only use your direct siblings to gain points for Federal Skilled Worker, which
is the direct EE.

Teemez:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Arlanda: 12:00am On Jan 03, 2020
Eraytee:
And where did you read that? @bold is not a criteria for EE, programs like AINP or RNIP are the ones that requires a job offer. EE you dont need a job offer to be eligible for it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 1:56am On Jan 03, 2020
It is never a must, 95% of people that got PPR on this thread has no job offer. Job offer is just an additional point Go and check their PPR stories most of them didn’t have job offer.

Arlanda:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 40manlappy: 3:32am On Jan 03, 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.