Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330797 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hillony: 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
opeoyek:
Take a bus going to oshodi or ikeja inside and alight at ikeja along. Cross to the other side of the road using the pedestrian bridge and board a bus going to ojota. From ojota, take a bike to the office address

A great thanks Opeoyek. I really do appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2019
please enter the pool asap, you dont need POF to be in the pool, you have all it takes already, as regards IELTS i think it has to be valid as at the time you submit your application post-ITA. am not sure of it but people with more valid info should advice accordingly. tie-break rule is not a friendly something please endevour to submit your profile.

jamela:
Hi all,

I have all my WES documents now. And I have IELTS band score 8 which expires in December this year. The only issue is I don't have the funds to show ready yet. Can I submit to enter the pool without the money in the bank just yet? I plan to get the money immediately I am invited to apply (ITA) by the Canadian authorities.

Also would I be required to still have a valid IELTS result after I have been invited?. Example: my IELTS expires 6th December 2019, and I am invited to apply November 15th 2019, would I still need another IELTS test result?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 2loadedguy: 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2019
Is it just me, I noticed I can't access my Express entry account when I log in as the site keep returning me to the homepage. Has anyone else experienced this and what is the solution as I'm tired of login in and seeing the same thing happening.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2019
clear your browser cache, it will be all right and if not use another browser.

2loadedguy:
Is it just me, I noticed I can't access my Express entry account when I log in as the site keep returning me to the homepage. Has anyone else experienced this and what is the solution as I'm tired of login in and seeing the same thing happening.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jamela(f): 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2019
Eraytee:
please enter the pool asap, you dont need POF to be in the pool, you have all it takes already, as regards IELTS i think it has to be valid as at the time you submit your application post-ITA. am not sure of it but people with more valid info should advice accordingly. tie-break rule is not a friendly something please endevour to submit your profile.

Thanks. Do I get invited for sure if my score is higher than the cut-off? I'm currently at 449 and i see the lowest score as of 16th october was 357. What do you think are my chances? If I get ITA, won't a sudden increase in my bank statement raise eyebrows?

As for IELTS I still need help with this so please anyone help.
Also how can I get a police certificate in Nigeria? I'm currently in the UK. And how do I go about getting an alternative document for work experience as my previous work place (Nysc) people have refused to give me a letter due to God knows what's wrong with them.

Sorry for too many questions
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 6:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
oge966:

Fantastic! Thank you.

Please do have an idea if Microsoft certifications will earn me more points and if yes, how do I go about evaluating them?

I’m not sure - but I guess if you input it when making your WES application they’d be able to guide you further?

Or you can search the thread to find out if anyone has had a similar situation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 7:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
the previous draw was for FST not FSW (which is the category you belong). you need to up your score as the pool is not smiling presently with people with very high scores. As regards a sudden increase in your account, you need to provide an explaination to the lump sum, if you get it as a gift from family, you would provide a gift deed... details is on page 1.

for PCC I think that is not a problem, all you need is to get a contact person that can do the running around for you..... page 1 also has the details of PCC.

i'll advice you to rewrite that ielts because of your CRS score and the expiration on the result.

if you have email correspondence from where you did your NYSC, print it out to back your claim of not getting the reference letter. then you can get a colleague you worked with at that time to sign the reference letter and also notarize it.

others can weigh in their opinion too.
jamela:

Thanks. Do I get invited for sure if my score is higher than the cut-off? I'm currently at 449 and i see the lowest score as of 16th october was 357. What do you think are my chances? If I get ITA, won't a sudden increase in my bank statement raise eyebrows?

As for IELTS I still need help with this so please anyone help.
Also how can I get a police certificate in Nigeria? I'm currently in the UK. And how do I go about getting an alternative document for work experience as my previous work place (Nysc) people have refused to give me a letter due to God knows what's wrong with them.

Sorry for too many questions

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2019
oge966:

Thank you for the advice.

Finance is not the issue but I need more time to prepare for the exams so I can get good results except you have an idea of how I can fast track it and still achieve my goal of getting good results?

3 months is a long time - you can maybe practice for 6 weeks?

Have you tried videos on YouTube? I used Lizielts and JayE2 - go through the thread from Part 1, you’d find lots of resources to study with.

Based on personal experience I’d say; pick a date, book the exam and make sure you watch videos at least one hour daily. That’s what I did and it worked for me.

Everyone is different though, so figure out what will work for you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 7:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
2loadedguy:

It happened to me once, then I tried a different browser and I was able to log in. Have you tried that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oge966: 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
Pwinkle1:

I’m not sure - but I guess if you input it when making your WES application they’d be able to guide you further?

Or you can search the thread to find out if anyone has had a similar situation.

Thank you.

I have started my WES application after creating account but I'm having issues adding recipients that WES will send my evaluation reports to. I don't recognize the institutions on the pre-approved list or is this not necessary? My house address and IRCC has been added by default and I'm a bit confused what to enter on the recipients fields.

Secondly is it advisable to use residential address as correspondence address for WES and other applications considering the way mails that are sent to Lagos addresses get lost. If no what other alternatives should I consider?

Thank you for your support.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oge966: 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
Pwinkle1:

3 months is a long time - you can maybe practice for 6 weeks?

Have you tried videos on YouTube? I used Lizielts and JayE2 - go through the thread from Part 1, you’d find lots of resources to study with.

Based on personal experience I’d say; pick a date, book the exam and make sure you watch videos at least one hour daily. That’s what I did and it worked for me.

Everyone is different though, so figure out what will work for you.

Thank you. I will sure put your submission into consideration.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2019
oge966:

Thank you.

I have started my WES application after creating account but I'm having issues adding recipients that WES will send my evaluation reports to. I don't recognize the institutions on the pre-approved list or is this not necessary? My house address and IRCC has been added by default and I'm a bit confused what to enter on the recipients fields.

Secondly is it advisable to use residential address as correspondence address for WES and other applications considering the way mails that are sent to Lagos addresses get lost. If no what other alternatives should I consider?

Thank you for your support.

For mine, I used only IRCC and my Nigerian house address.

The physical address doesn’t matter so much, because you get sent a soft copy which you can use for your application.

If you have alternative reliable address outside of Nigeria then I guess you can use that since it’ll be faster than coming all the way to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chanceux: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
ifyonline:

Exactly what I was telling someone when Saks started dishing out PNP..
Hopefully, the conservatives can make this change against 2020 when they win the election on monday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jamela(f): 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2019
Eraytee:
the previous draw was for FST not FSW (which is the category you belong). you need to up your score as the pool is not smiling presently with people with very high scores. As regards a sudden increase in your account, you need to provide an explaination to the lump sum, if you get it as a gift from family, you would provide a gift deed... details is on page 1.

for PCC I think that is not a problem, all you need is to get a contact person that can do the running around for you..... page 1 also has the details of PCC.

i'll advice you to rewrite that ielts because of your CRS score and the expiration on the result.

if you have email correspondence from where you did your NYSC, print it out to back your claim of not getting the reference letter. then you can get a colleague you worked with at that time to sign the reference letter and also notarize it.

others can weigh in their opinion too.

Thanks alot for your insight. I've taken notes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oge966: 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
Pwinkle1:

For mine, I used only IRCC and my Nigerian house address.

The physical address doesn’t matter so much, because you get sent a soft copy which you can use for your application.

If you have alternative reliable address outside of Nigeria then I guess you can use that since it’ll be faster than coming all the way to Nigeria.

Do I get more points adding my BSc on my WES application after adding my MBA degree?

Again will I get more points if I add my MSc degree which I'm currently undergoing on my application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jenolyfavour: 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
Please has anyone gotten Alberta PNP without having ties in Alberta?

I need to be added to the Alberta PNP WhatsApp group if it is existing please. 07035785107. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Omega30(m): 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
shygunXs:

So, fast rewind to May 2019, when FST was drawn. CRS hit 470. The next set of draws done saw a shed of about 11points down to 459 over 4 draws. Notice an increase in ITA value from the then regular 3350 to 3600 then up to 3900. That was to cushion the spike in crs trend here; We can see our projected 471 dropping to 459 by December 4, if not 460 later in November 2019.

The events fuelling the influx of people will slow down soon. I hear Canadian graduates getting ITA, We see PNP rolling out a lot, Lot of people completing wes/iqas/ices/ielts and hitting the pool. Bulk of those in the pool in that 451-600 bound are below 460 but entered the pool anyways to secure their tie-breaker spot.

The dynamics of the pool doesn't really tell the true picture of what we are contending with but a whole lot is a fluke. We've seen the crs deflate irrespective of any initial spike, so we should be very optimistic.

Me I'm driving the score down with my mind and positive energy. 460 no be joke. I dont see the score sgetting sustained at a 470 or 466 sef. It will always come and kiss 459 again. At least we did 430 early this year. It's just a cycle.
I like that. Which of the LOA gurus is your mentor,?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifevictor: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
Yes,
You don't necessarily need to have any ties with Alberta, it is based on the NOC. Just tick the province when creating your express entry profile and if your NOC is in demand then you will picked
Jenolyfavour:
Please has anyone gotten Alberta PNP without having ties in Alberta?

I need to be added to the Alberta PNP WhatsApp group if it is existing please. 07035785107. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rabola1(f): 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2019
Good day, pls, I m using IQAS for my degree evaluation (BNSc, RN, RM), how do I get transcript from council, was told it only issues verification or is the transcript from school enough.
Can I get transcript from WAEC in a day, I stay far from Lagos.
Thanks, please don't ignore
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChiefDaddy1: 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
oge966:

Do I get more points adding my BSc on my WES application after adding my MBA degree?

Again will I get more points if I add my MSc degree which I'm currently undergoing on my application?

No additional points if you add BSc just use your highest qualification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChiefDaddy1: 9:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
rabola1:
Good day, pls, I m using IQAS for my degree evaluation (BNSc, RN, RM), how do I get transcript from council, was told it only issues verification or is the transcript from school enough.
Are you sure you need WAEC for your evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rabola1(f): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
Thanks for the response, I actually uploaded it, I don't know if it will be needed, should I just ignore?
ChiefDaddy1:

Are you sure you need WAEC for your evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WaleCanada: 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
TYPOP:
Please I need some clarifications.

After completing my PR application online, is it immediately I will be required to upload all the supporting documents?

Today is the last day for me to complete my application. I have intentionally not clicked on submit because I am still waiting for one more document.

If I click on submit and fail to upload all the documents required today (60th day), is the application void?

Thank you.

Why did you have to wait till this late?? Clicking on submit without uploading all supporting docs might do you great harm. Don't leave things to chance. If you can't get the supporting documents soonest, you could decline ITA.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifevictor: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2019
If you can meet up with the documents required, you have to quickly decline your ITA tonight or else your profile becomes inactive. If you decline your ITA, you go back into the pool and will be selected next draw provided your CRS score is not lower than the draw score but if you leave your ITA and not act within 60 days, you will lose your present EE profile.
-quote author=TYPOP post=83283912]Please I need some clarifications.

After completing my PR application online, is it immediately I will be required to upload all the supporting documents?

Today is the last day for me to complete my application. I have intentionally not clicked on submit because I am still waiting for one more document.

If I click on submit and fail to upload all the documents required today (60th day), is the application void?

Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by TYPOP(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
WaleCanada:

Why did you have to wait till this late?? Clicking on submit without uploading all supporting docs might do you great harm. Don't leave things to chance. If you can't get the supporting documents soonest, you could decline ITA.

Thank you so much. The delay was due to circumstances beyond my control.

I'll decline the ITA. I can only hope for another ITA in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Asetime: 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2019
rabola1:
Hi, please check closely if WAEC is needed. I doubt!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rabola1(f): 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
Just read on their page that it is not needed, unfortunately for me I have already uploaded it, how do I cancel or should I just ignore it.
Asetime:

Hi, please check closely if WAEC is needed. I doubt!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oge966: 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
ChiefDaddy1:

No additional points if you add BSc just use your highest qualification.

Thank you ChiefDaddy1.

Do I need to do a separate WES evaluation for my spouse first degree as well?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Asetime: 10:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
oge966:

Thank you for the advice.

Finance is not the issue but I need more time to prepare for the exams so I can get good results except you have an idea of how I can fast track it and still achieve my goal of getting good results?
I suggest you start practicing. Personally, I felt a month was okay. However, I found out that the more I practiced and the more I researched, my weak points gradually vanished. So pls weigh your strengths and weakness to help in the best duration for your preparation. 75k is a lot of money to gamble upon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Asetime: 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
rabola1:
Just read on their page that it is not needed, unfortunately for me I have already uploaded it, how do I cancel or should I just ignore it.
You could ask for them to have it removed. Kindly send a mail or some form of correspondence to that effect.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2019
oge966:

I can’t say for sure oh. Me I evaluated just first degree and masters. I had initially put my professional qualification, but took it out.

But to the best of my knowledge, the only certificate that might give you a higher point is a PhD. So it might not be worth going through the stress.

I would say that if your BSc is from a Nigerian Uni, maybe don’t bother - but aim to do it in the future because you might need it for work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.