Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1329253 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ayandee: 9:36pm On Feb 05, 2020
Kekereekun123:
a friend's ppr was delayed as cic could not get response from UBA for verification of reference letter
hmm. I regret having my main account with them. I sincerely regret it. I can only pray now that all goes well.

If you are reading this, please avoid UBA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
Kekereekun123:
a friend's ppr was delayed as cic could not get response from UBA for verification of reference letter

Really... We used UBA, FBN and GTB, no such issue o. I'm sure it's a one off

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
ayandee:
hmm. I regret having my main account with them. I sincerely regret it. I can only pray now that all goes well.

If you are reading this, please avoid UBA

Stop being negative. Nothing will go wrong. Your reference letter will be confirmed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ultrazone(m): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
SunshineD1:

Which bank are you using currently? No bank should deny you statement of account because they generate revenue from the issuance.

For letter of non indebtedness, why do you need it. Is it a requirement for PR journey? I'm here wondering why a bank would issue you letter of non indebtedness if you didn't obtain any loan from them, neither is your salary account domiciled with them.

My opinion is that I'd have to submit two letters from the bank Post-ITA. Is this correct or the reference letter would suffice?

- Reference letter and
- Letter of non-indebtedness.

@ayandee @ovy92 @all. Please house, I need your opinions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
Teamo2:
I served in Twon Brass island, Bayelsa in 2010. And I left the country in 2016, the AI was the only person who i still had his number.

Right now I don’t even have anybody’s contact. In my initial application, I submitted my account statement highlighting the allawee and my discharge certificate.

Now I don’t know what else to submit, than resubmit the account statement and certificate, and hope for the best.

WRITE A LETTER OF EXPLANATION. Explain you don’t live in Nigeria atm and that Bayelsa is far from you and your family and that you have tried to reach the school if you have evidence of you trying to get the reference letter pls add it then submit your posting letter and the discharge certificate and salary input and then hope for the best

OR YOU CAN TRY YOUR HARDEST GO ON FACEBOOK CHECK FOR ANYONE SERVING THERE ATM LOOK FOR SOMEONE THAT CAN GET YOU A TEACHER THAT CAN SIGN THE LETTER AND ADD ID CARD. DO NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY. THERE IS NOTHING SOCIAL MEDIA CANT DO START SEARCHING FOR SOMEONE IN BAYELSA TO HELP YOU. I served in benue and I got in touch with my state co ordinator I found him on Facebook after explaining that I couldn’t physically come there he gave me the ref letter. Nothing is impossible TRY!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2020
ultrazone:

My opinion is that I'd have to submit two letters from the bank Post-ITA. Is this correct or the reference letter would suffice?

- Reference letter and

I responded to this before.
We did not submit a letter of non indebtedness in our application. We only used references and TB certificates.
If you can obtain it, try. If not, please do not sweat it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2020
My fellow AVOrian, biko any update? @SunshineD1
SunshineD1:

I responded to this before.
We did not submit a letter of non indebtedness in our application. We only used references and TB certificates.
If you can obtain it, try. If not, please do not sweat it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by emmatrack(m): 10:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
ultrazone:

- Reference letter and

Don't stress yourself asking any bank to give you letter of non-indebtedness, just print the requirements from CIC website and take it there - 'please, I need a reference letter for visa application with these specific information'
Shikena!

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ovy92(f): 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hello,

I also got two letters from my bank (STANBIC) "Reference Letter and Letter of Non Indebtedness"

ultrazone:

- Reference letter and

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 11:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
MJKJ:
My fellow AVOrian, biko any update? @SunshineD1

No update o. I learnt people sent petitions sometime in January to Minister Mendicino and the man responded that they should be patient.
Na patience we dey so o. We don dey gather money small small for another medicals now... over 200k. It is well and it will surely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
Skilled work experience during studies OUTSIDE of Canada does count as long as it was paid and NOC 0,A,B.
This is according to IRCC and several students have got PPR this way.
It might not be common in some parts of the world, but in the western world, going to school full time and working full time is quite common.

vllar:

Yes trueBut the question was whether he or she could claim full work experience while schooling.
You can only claim full experience if your lecture days was on a weekend.

We need to be careful with the information we fill on our forms

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 11:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
carissaa:
Claim your full work experience.
Working while schooling is legal so claim that experience if you can get a reference letter for it
I can get a reference letter for it.
I'm just wondering where the person got the information that I can't claim years of working experience while engaged in full time schooling.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2020
vllar:

That might be a part time job
It all depends on the numbers of working hours/day
Are there specific working hours per day that IRCC requires?
Because you know how Nigeria is, most postgraduate students also work.

In my case, I was working full time and was also schooling full time. It was not a part time job. I can claim points for it right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
Stencil:
You can claim Foreign (outside Canada) work experience while in school.
Congratulations on your new CRS score.
Evaluating only Msc is perfect. That's what you're getting points for.
@Bolded, feel free to delete that person's contact info. undecided This thread permits you.
Makes me wonder how many others are out there in your shoes.

Thanks. That has been a concern because due to the information I was given, I was planning to use only one year experience from when I completed my last degree which was Aug 2018.

But if it's allowed to use years of working experience while on school, that's even great.

The person who gave me the information also has 3+ years working experience but finished her masters April 2019 and she's done her ECA report, so she's waiting for April 2020 to be able to claim 1 year working experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
Stencil:
I think the bone of contention is whether she could claim points for it. She can. Full or part time, she can.

So there are no time restrictions. Better then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2020
bankyh1905:
Attending all lectures isn't a requirement for the award of degrees. During my Master's program, some of us had full-time employment and shared their time between classes and work. It all depends on the arrangement with the employer, in which case the time spent attending lectures is considered time-off which doesn't compromise the full-time status of the job.
IRCC understands this right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 11:33pm On Feb 05, 2020
@bolded. wow. Direct her to this thread. @bankyh1905 in his infinite wisdom, armed with PPR, is ready to answer any questions! cheesy

winner01:

Thanks. That has been a concern because due to the information I was given, I was planning to use only one year experience from when I completed my last degree which was Aug 2018.
But if it's allowed to use years of working experience while on school, that's even great.
The person who gave me the information also has 3+ years working experience but finished her masters April 2019 and she's done her ECA report, so she's waiting for April 2020 to be able to claim 1 year working experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2020
Yes.
winner01:
IRCC understands this right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ultrazone(m): 11:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
ovy92:

emmatrack:

I'm grateful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
Stencil:
@bolded. wow. Direct her to this thread. @bankyh1905 in his infinite wisdom, armed with PPR, is ready to answer any questions! cheesy

Yes I'll definitely tell her. There are many of such people who are afraid to claim years of working experience while in school because they think it's not allowed.

Congratulations to @bankyh1905 on his PPR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
Stencil:
Yes.
But they'll ask questions right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MumofTwins2017: 11:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
This is the best advice so far. I was just about to say the same thing. Please quickly find anyone to go down there for you. No matter the cost. It’s a mere letter that can be written in 1 minute. The VO is kind enough to send you an ADR. We have seen many rejections on this kind of issue so please utilize the VO’s leniency. All the best.
SchwarzMann:
I also left Nigeria after youth service and i experienced difficulty in getting ref letter from the PPA.
This was what i did, i paid someone who travelled to the town (6hrs drive), he met a respected elder in the town who accompanied him to the school and spoke to the principal. they made video call with me asking how i wanted the letter and all.

Letter came out instantly.

Let your money do the job

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ask questions about? (please clarify)
You go about this the same way you go about a regular work reference letter. Show your employer the work experience letter requirement, located here and let them do the needful.

You don't have to mention school and all that, they can see it in your timeline. It is not out of the ordinary to go to school and work. It is very common in the western world.
winner01:
But they'll ask questions right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 06, 2020
ayandee:
Please avoid UBA like a plague on this express entry journey. They've been tossing me around for the past 2days from branch to branch over my request for letter of non-indebtedness. My patience wore off and I had to shout. Dont put your POF in UBA. Be warned!

Dear Ayandee....I would advise you not too be too worried if you are unable to get a letter of non indebtedness...my take on the requirement below (circled) is that they need to state if you have loans or credit. Where a bank has not stated this, it can be assumed that none exists.

What I would advise is:
A) do a one paragraph LOE (if it helps you sleep better) saying you do not have any loans or debt and that is why no mention of this is contained in the bank reference letter.
B) do an email to the customer care dept of the bank saying you want to confirm if you have any loans etc and scan the response with your application.
C) get your relationship manager to get one of the credit bureau print outs (I think there are 3 or 4 credit bureaux) for you showing you do not have any outstanding loans in Nigeria...careful with this though...the report is sometimes inaccurate/lagged and may show old loans that have been paid off.
D) go to the head office and ask for the branch manager, escalation often works.

You'll be alright. All the best!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bakola: 12:36am On Feb 06, 2020
Hello all,

Please has anyone been able to successfully get thier credentials evaluated by Wes for Unilag Msc.

Wes has sent my documents over a month now but unilag still claims they've not received any verification request from UNILAG.

Kindly advise on what to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 12:50am On Feb 06, 2020
Stencil:
Ask questions about? (please clarify)
You go about this the same way you go about a regular work reference letter. Show your employer the work experience letter requirement, located here and let them do the needful.

You don't have to mention school and all that, they can see it in your timeline. It is not out of the ordinary to go to school and work. It is very common in the western world.
What I meant by "ask questions" is that they might see the education timeline and think one is trying to gain work experience points just to increase crs points.
But it's good anyway since it doesn't matter, I'll use it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 1:05am On Feb 06, 2020
Bakola:
Hello all,

Please has anyone been able to successfully get thier credentials evaluated by Wes for Unilag Msc.

Wes has sent my documents over a month now but unilag still claims they've not received any verification request from UNILAG.

Kindly advise on what to do.
UNILAG is known for this. Be patient. They take about 8 weeks to get it all sorted out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nwugon(f): 2:09am On Feb 06, 2020
Can someone with this Clb result create express entry profile L7 R7 W7 S9?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nwugon(f): 2:11am On Feb 06, 2020
Please WES sent me an email that they can't accept my transcript that it wasn't in a sealed envelope. Meanwhile I paid to my school to send my transcript to WES! I have called my school and they're still speaking grammar! Please what do you advice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by xpizzy(m): 2:21am On Feb 06, 2020
Hi Guys,

If there is any single person coming to Mississauga and you need affordable accommodation, airport (YYZ) pickup and movement within Mississauga to open account, attend newcomer sessions, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifyonline(f): 2:39am On Feb 06, 2020
Let them resend again this time in a sealed envelope, stamped and sign across the flip. You can get pictorial guide or sample online

nwugon:
Please WES sent me an email that they can't accept my transcript that it wasn't in a sealed envelope. Meanwhile I paid to my school to send my transcript to WES! I have called my school and they're still speaking grammar! Please what do you advice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Saintee2009(m): 3:15am On Feb 06, 2020
SunshineD1:

GTB would not give you a letter of non indebtedness if you didn't obtain a loan or have a salary account with them, because the letter basically says you are not owing them. Why would they issue the letter if you did not have a prior loan or credit card that has been paid up? The IRCC clause would apply to those having loans especially salary account holders and credit card users.

This part is wrong as GTB issued my wife a Letter of Non-indebtedness and she doesn't have a salary account with them. She also hasn't collected any loan before.
We were charged 500naira each for both Ref letter and Indebtedness letter as shown on the transaction history on mobile banking

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.