Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1329420 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 7:48am On Feb 05, 2020
Hi there, welcome! I would try my best to answer some of your questions. Please note that Page one of this thread should be your "bible".

1. Good job on your IELTS results.
You get maximum points for your work experience.
Your bachelors degree might be an issue (points wise) [edit; see point 2]
Go here to calculate your CRS score. Quick summary of the process.
get2udex:
Hello, I just found this page today, and would appreciate if someone can offer me some detailed help.
I was able to make an 8.0 IELTS, Bachelor's degree, 4years working experience

2. I going to assume she is younger than you. You stand a better chance applying with her as the Primary applicant. You could apply as a common law partner (you have to prove this) or get married (court wedding) and apply together (less hassle).
She gets points from her siblings too!
My partner (we are doing this together not married though) has 3years experience in the UK, and a Master's degree, she has siblings in Canada.

3. Unless you are considering PNP (provincial nomination), this isn't a relevant detail.
I have experience in Software tech, Business Development and Manufacturing.

Don't worry! Get a notebook and take notes. Do some research on here and on google. If you can't find an answer, post here and someone will help out!
Honestly, I don't seem to have a low level understanding about how the process works.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Joshmuch: 7:54am On Feb 05, 2020
Fellow Canadian compatriots, please a few questions.
1. Must I state Full time and the number of hours on the Work reference letter?
2. How long does it take it to expire?, Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 8:03am On Feb 05, 2020
Joshmuch:
Fellow Canadian compatriots, please a few questions.
1. Must I state Full time and the number of hours on the Work reference letter?
2. How long does it take it to expire? Thanks
1. Yes
2. Its advised it should not be more than 6 months for current job. For previous job, no timeframe

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Collineno: 8:04am On Feb 05, 2020
I need advise on these please.

1) I tried creating my EE profile but couldn't see Electrical Engineering as part of the degrees is it okay if I select others??

2) I only evaluated my Masters degree with WES but when creating my profile I added my bachelor's degree which I didn't evaluate. Do I need to fill only my evaluated Masters degree? Are there any implications if I add my bachelor's degree??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Joshmuch: 8:07am On Feb 05, 2020
COPR2020:

1. Yes
2. Its advised it should not be more than 6 months for current job. For previous job, no timeframe
God bless u!! Also please, can I list all the work I did that I hope to get reference letters, or just one or two I am confident of getting the reference letters on the Work History section on filling EE Pre-ITA?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by urblackpearl: 8:14am On Feb 05, 2020
Wow! That means that they have increased their rate o. Unbelievable! In December I still got charged 267CAD

Saintee2009:
Guys... I paid
using sterling bank card but I was surprised at the rate. I was charged 357k+ for 1270 CAD (That's around 281/CAD)... I was confused o because I was expecting a much better rate. The stress of getting the card nko.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SurveyorD: 8:21am On Feb 05, 2020
1. Have your certificate(S) scanned.
2. Type “hellofax.com” in the browser address space
3. Fill your email address, a mail will be sent to your box to confirm you.
4. Copy the fax number of WES Canada from the contact section on their web portal.
5. Attach your certificate: with your WES reference in the first page.
5. Full it in and send,

Fiam smiley you should get an updated status in less than 10 hours.

N.B I used a PC for this process.

Metrics4tea:
Please I need someone to guide me on how to use hellofax to send my certificate to WES or through any other electronic means. Thanks

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by adeptonlin(m): 8:31am On Feb 05, 2020
How can I upload document after submission of application on CIC website?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 8:47am On Feb 05, 2020
Joshmuch:
God bless u!! Also please, can I list all the work I did that I hope to get reference letters, or just one or two I am confident of getting the reference letters on the Work History section on filling EE Pre-ITA?
Just get the ones that you are claiming points for. Others can be on the work history, no reference letter needed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mikkyboy(m): 8:47am On Feb 05, 2020
No oooooooooo!!!!!!!!
460+ we pray ooooo
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slydog:

Amen o!!!! 466 + increased draw size today.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 8:48am On Feb 05, 2020
adeptonlin:
How can I upload document after submission of application on CIC website?
You can raise a web form.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Joshmuch: 9:04am On Feb 05, 2020
COPR2020:

Just get the ones that you are claiming points for. Others can be on the work history, no reference letter needed
you are an angel. Thanks. Is NYSC accepted for IRCC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ella99: 10:00am On Feb 05, 2020
Good day everyone. I know some visa offices extend your medicals automatically once it expires.
Does anyone have an idea if Ottawa is one of those visa offices? I'm considering taking my medicals again (no remed request yet) but I want to know if people have enjoyed extensions from Ottawa before I go ahead and pay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by obynaDmob(m): 10:02am On Feb 05, 2020
baberedefined:
Hey guys, please advice. I worked at one of the state house clinics at a point and the letter head paper used for my reference only carries the name of the state house and the state capital. No specific address eg plot 1234.... and no official phone number. But my supervisor provided his personal number and email address. He said they dont need an address because there is only one state house in that state. My question is do I need to write LOE to explain this or not?

I remember when I was worried about something exactly like this. No need for LOE. You are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by baberedefined: 10:30am On Feb 05, 2020
Thank you so much!
obynaDmob:

I remember when I was worried about something exactly like this. No need for LOE. You are good to go.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Vicolak: 10:42am On Feb 05, 2020
otunoba1:
God of awesome wonders!
It’s PPR fam...
AOR- 25 OCT
FSW - O
VO - I don’t know
2 ADRs - IMM5475 and RPRF
It can only be God.....I can’t sleep again
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Vicolak: 11:03am On Feb 05, 2020
otunoba1:
RPRF was requested on January 13, though I had paid and raised CSE for same since November and got acknowledgement that receipt has been added to my application but I no fit argue so I just attached again on the placeholder that came with the request.
Stayed on ‘we are reviewing’ for 2 weeks before it changed to not applicable on Tuesday, followed by a GU immediately.
Eagle landed last night and we are so grateful to God.
AOR to PPR - 96days
Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Uchboggy(m): 11:27am On Feb 05, 2020
Gurus ,is bsc and pgd of 18 months qualified to be 2 or mor certificate and if yes, should both be evaluated by Wes or just pgd?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by elohim24: 11:33am On Feb 05, 2020
Uchboggy:
Gurus ,is bsc and pgd of 18 months qualified to be 2 or mor certificate and if yes, should both be evaluated by Wes or just pgd?
Both should be evaluated. It's only master's, professional degree and PhD that would give you maximum points that you can evaluate alone

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by LegitDiva: 11:38am On Feb 05, 2020
praying that todays draw will favour me (456)

PNP, FSW, anyone oh dear Lord

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 11:39am On Feb 05, 2020
My prayer for today is for the ITA draw to be low so as to accommodate a lot of people like @Eraytee who have selflessly helped people on this thread while waiting for ITA I truly pray that your day comes soonest in Jesus name....AMEN

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 11:40am On Feb 05, 2020
Joshmuch:
you are an angel. Thanks. Is NYSC accepted for IRCC?

Of course, as far it is under the accepted NOC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by onyexx: 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
Nkydechik:
Hello onyex, i tried sending you an email. Please can you respond to the generic email so we can talk. Its urgent please. Thank you.

Done..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Annaaa: 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hello house, please I need help with this. WES received my credentials on the 20th of January and updated on the 24th. The next and last update was on the 27th. How long does it take to go to the next stage of the evaluation? I haven’t gotten any notification about sending a verification to my school. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hello House. I've really learnt a lot more here about EE over the past few days than I've learnt anywhere else and I'm so grateful to those who make the effort. However I have a few questions.

1. I have 2 MSc degrees presently and one Professional degree. Do these 2 degrees count as one MSc or do my points increase for this? And does WES still evaluate professional degrees?

2. I had 8/8.5/7.5/6.5 in IELTS and have requested for a EOR. What are the chances of an improvement in my 6.5 speaking score?

3. And most importantly, I had my first MSc cert in 2016 and have been working since then, but I had my second MSc cert in 2018 and I have evaluated both degrees with WES. My question is, since the second MSc is dated August 2018, can I still claim 3 years working experience or do I have to start counting years of working experience from the time of the last degree which is 2018 (less than 2 years working experience). Please I really need an answer to this question because if I claim 3years working experience, my CRS will increase considerably.

4. Can I use my sister as beneficiary because I'd like her to go with me if it eventually clicks. She's 24 years old.

5. The POF is a big deal, please how does one escape this bottleneck?

6. Are there any WhatsApp or telegram groups that are creates solely for those who wish to migrate to Canada? If you know any, please I'd like to join.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Metrics4tea: 12:20pm On Feb 05, 2020
SurveyorD:
1. Have your certificate(S) scanned.
2. Type “hellofax.com” in the browser address space
3. Fill your email address, a mail will be sent to your box to confirm you.
4. Copy the fax number of WES Canada from the contact section on their web portal.
5. Attach your certificate: with your WES reference in the first page.
5. Full it in and send,

Fiam smiley you should get an updated status in less than 10 hours.

N.B I used a PC for this process.

Thanks, I used cover page to input my reference number, because i didn't see any first page
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaGoingMaple: 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2020
winner01:
Hello House. I've really learnt a lot more here about EE over the past few days than I've learnt anywhere else and I'm so grateful to those who make the effort. However I have a few questions.

1. I have 2 MSc degrees presently and one Professional degree. Do these 2 degrees count as one MSc or do my points increase for this? And does WES still evaluate professional degrees?

Only one is required, and you get the point for M.Sc only. Multiple certs make no difference to the points.

2. I had 8/8.5/7.5/6.5 in IELTS and have requested for a EOR. What are the chances of an improvement in my 6.5 speaking score?

Nobody can predict the outcome. Give it a try and it may come out positive.

3. And most importantly, I had my first MSc cert in 2016 and have been working since then, but I had my second MSc cert in 2018 and I have evaluated both degrees with WES. My question is, since the second MSc is dated August 2018, can I still claim 3 years working experience or do I have to start counting years of working experience from the time of the last degree which is 2018 (less than 2 years working experience). Please I really need an answer to this question because if I claim 3years working experience, my CRS will increase considerably.

Not relevant as your B Sc already qualified you for the current job and that's the year you will input as the year qualified for your declared job. However, 2016 cert will be preferable as IRCC even advised to evaluate only your highest qualification especially if M.Sc or PhD

4. Can I use my sister as beneficiary because I'd like her to go with me if it eventually clicks. She's 24 years old.

No, only spouses/partners and children (biological or adopted) are acceptable. Your sister can claim siblings points once you're a resident (PR) and apply on her own. You can also sponsor your parents

5. The POF is a big deal, please how does one escape this bottleneck?

Hustle for it through savings and family support. Read up gift deed.

6. Are there any WhatsApp or telegram groups that are creates solely for those who wish to migrate to Canada? If you know any, please I'd like to join.

Not encouraged here. What you have on page 1 and IRCC will be sufficient for any questions you may have.

Finally, go to page 1 and where in doubt, post your questions here and people will help out.

Thanks.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Collineno: 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2020
Collineno:
I need advise on these please.

1) I tried creating my EE profile but couldn't see Electrical Engineering as part of the degrees is it okay if I select others??

2) I only evaluated my Masters degree with WES but when creating my profile I added my bachelor's degree which I didn't evaluate. Do I need to fill only my evaluated Masters degree? Are there any implications if I add my bachelor's degree??

Awaiting advise on this please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2020
[quote author=NaijaGoingMaple post=86396976][/quote]Thank you so much for your help. But something is still unclear.

Are you saying I claim years of full time working experience even while I was doing my MSc full time?

If so, this can shoot my CRS score to 493.

I was told by someone that I have to start counting years of work experience from time of last certification (which in my case is August 2018) and that claiming years of Full-time work experience while studying Full-time will raise eyebrows.
Additionally, I did not evaluate my Bsc, only Msc so this shouldn't be a problem right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by davichido(m): 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hello everyone, can i use a Canadian address to receive my WES assessment

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
Collineno:

Awaiting advise on this please

1. Is Engineering included in the list? If not, select others

2 Don't add the Bachelor's degree because you don't have an ECA for it, you can add it in later after ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by KsMom: 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
you will have to pay more. Tax something

davichido:
Hello everyone, can i use a Canadian address to receive my WES assessment

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.