Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1329576 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by terryhill: 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
Please house what is the process to travel or prepare document for adoption with a nephew living with you, is it advicable to adopt her or she just answer your surname even if she is of age! (12 years of age)
Before preparing to relocate to Canada
Please I need response on this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Please the child shouldn't just answer your surname oooo. 12 years is definitely NOT "of age".

Please go through the legal adoption process. Go to the Ministry of Youth or Family in your state and find out the process. After the adoption is legal, you can do other things.

terryhill:
Please house what is the process to travel or prepare document for adoption with a nephew living with you, is it advicable to adopt her or she just answer your surname even if she is of age! (12 years of age)
Before preparing to relocate to Canada
Please I need response on this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Uchboggy(m): 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Eraytee:
Congratulations to you, if am in your shoes i will remark writing and speaking module. Any increase in any of the 2 would land you 471. Just my opinion.

true , valid advise.

Personally I don’t like that 468 , To me it’s just a whisker close to the popular cutoffs, it’s like a near success syndrome. We were on 468 since October with no ITA , it was traumatic for us always looking forward to the next 2 weeks and getting disappointed.

my wife had to rewrite last month for us to get ITA with 470.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Innunique: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
Metrics4tea:
Please I need a contact at the school of postgraduate studies, UNN for verification purposes. WES has sent my documents back for verification
UNN charges for verification, it's not a free process.
Check https://alumni.unn.edu.ng/iverification for how to do it and be ready to shell out 20k for your verification.
if you need additional help, send me a PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kingkhalil: 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
PPR GIST (LONG POST ALERT!!!!!)

Timeline:

NOC: 4112 (Lawyers and Quebec Notaries)
ECA:
P:A- WES (January 2019). Later Cancelled
IQAS: (Paid January 2019, Completed June 2019)
Wifey: ICES (Paid March 2019, Completed July 2019)
IELTS (3 Attempts)
BC: L 8.5, R 6.5, W 6.0, S 7:5
BC (Computer Based): L 8.5, R 8.0, W 6.5, S 8.0
MOD: L 9.0, R 8.0, W 7.0, S 7.5
Wifey’s IELTS: L 8.0, R 9.0, W 6.5, S, 7.5
CRS Score: 467
ITA: September 4, 2018
AOR: October 16, 2019
Medical Passed/BIL: November 1, 2019
CSE Raised December 2019 to know Visa Office
RPRF Request: January 16, 2020 (Paid same day)
GU: January 22, 2020
PPR: January 24, 2020
Passport Submitted: January 29, 2020
COPR: February 19, 2020
Passports collected: February 26, 2020
Visa Office: Ottawa
Days: About 100 days
Mood: Ecstatic

“If you have faith,
You’ll move mountains…”- Majek Fashek (A Little Patience)

Decision to Relocate
To be honest, I have never been the traveling type; as I have always liked the simple things of life. I liked my job (I mean, Lawyer and not earning too badly), lots of friends I hung out with time after time, all the cheap beer, the looking out for the other person, Ileya, The December Holidays waka, and so on. Still, I wanted to do my Masters in the UK. Got many admissions but one thing or the other happened and I ended up not going (My worst decision ever). I faced my job and shelved the plan.

Things were looking good until some events happened which then shook my faith in this place;

Sometime in 2015, I was robbed in traffic, my car vandalized and I almost got stabbed. Over what? A Blackberry phone. To make things worse, Bubu won and things became tighter. Money started losing value, I was becoming tired of my job and all these got me wondering if staying in this country was all worth it. Then in 2018, I was robbed on my way to work, and the ‘boys’ were going to stab me ontop iPhone 6 (Had to beg for my life with no dignity) . There and then, I knew it was time. To make it worse, one of my bestfriends who is in the US called me sometime in December telling me all about the Express Entry program, and the need to leave the ‘shithole’. December 30, 2018 was the day. By January 2, 2019 my mind was made up and I made my move without looking back.

ECA
JANUARY: So, on January 2, I woke up feeling up for it. Did a little Twitter search and saw that WES was the ECA of choice- no wahala, i immediately paid the $285 or so. Wifey wasn’t so optimistic… Next day, I was chatting up a friend who is a Lawyer in the Ontario Province and he told me I’ll be better off with IQAS due to that ‘Professional Degree thing’. Sharply, I paid another $285 ish on January 3, 2019… no be play o.

FEBRUARY: I immediately sent the application package to IQAS while I mobilized UI to send my LLB certificate. Sent my application in January 2019 while UI sent my transcript in February 2019. Omo, I felt it was going to be a walk in the park, but what did I know? Waited and waited, yet I didn’t get any update from IQAS; not even a mail acknowledging the documents sent, and I was fast running out of patience.

MARCH-MAY: Remembering I paid WES too, immediately mobilized UI and the Nigerian Law School to send my transcript. Oh, not to forget paying WAEC too (chai, I spent sha). Also in March, I paid ICES for my wife’s ECA. Got someone at Lead City University to process her transcript and it was a walk in the park (Private Universities are better sha).

[b]JUNE-JULY: [/b]Got home one Friday night drinking cold beer when I got a Mail from IQAS acknowledging receipt of my Transcript and I think I jubilated more than when I received the PPR mail. Later in June, I got my ECA (Professional/Masters Degree) and Wifey’s (Bachelor’s Degree). I should say getting the ECA reports are the hardest part of the journey.

IELTS
Showed me small pepper (even though I was thinking I’ll easily ace it as a Lawyer). Wrote the first one on March 23, 2019 at the Podium Lekki. To be fair, I only got a whiff as to how people wanted to leave this country after seeing the crowd there. Didn’t prepare well for the particular test cos I had big issues at work and it showed- Failed it badly. Not deterred, I immediately registered to write the Computer Based Test on May 25, 2019 at Workforce Group. This time around, I was so ready for the exam and actually felt I smashed it. Was watching tennis 7 days after when I got the results and I was distraught as I smashed every other part except writing. Not one to take no for an answer, I immediately registered to write with MOD on June 29, 2019. Used Liz, E2 and so on for this particular test. Felt good afterwards and went home. As expected, I got my desired 7 in writing while maxing the rest out. I was starting to become confident.

PLOT TWIST- STEP MOTHER FACTOR

I have a blood sister (Same father, different mothers) who is a Permanent Resident of Canada and I saw that adding her would take me above board and ensure my wife doesn’t write the exam. Called my Step Mum to seek her permission (She isolates her kids, so no way I could reach her) and to my shock, she said NO; I was perplexed. I wondered why people took life so seriously…

Anyways, I immediately registered my wife to write MOD Ielts asap. She didn’t prepare much and aced everything but the writing.

With CRS score at 467, I dived into the pool!

ITA
With my score at 467, I was almost certain to get ITA the next draw date and sure, it came on September 4, 2019. I celebrated so hard even while not sure how to proceed. Celebrate every little victory, uno!

Village people however reared their ugly heads when it was time to renew my International passport and it was noticed first name on my NIN slip and Expired passports were different. I had to get the NIMC people to help rectify it and it took me almost one month (no exaggeration). Last last sha, I was able to get it done and subsequently got my International passport.

PCC AND MEDICAL
The moment I got my passport by the end of September, I immediately mailed IOM and booked the nearest available date (ignored the fact that it’s more expensive than QLife). We got there by 7am and my boy co-operated like he knew we were doing all that for his sake, ended by 3pm, we went to Yellow Chillis for a nice meal and returned home.

For PCC, I called ASP Nwachukwu and booked a session. Paid 10k for my wife and I and that was a breeze!

WORK EXPERIENCE
Worked with one of Nigeria’s best Law firms for almost a decade, so this wasn’t difficult. A Partner drafted my Reference Letter and added his NBA seal. I uploaded my Employment letter, last promotion letter and last pay review letter (NO PAY STUBS). The Partner also added his NBA seal to the Reference letter.

UPLOADED:
Reference Letter, Employment Letter, Last Promotion Letter, Last Pay Review Letter.

POF
My Dad had already kept money aside for my Masters, so when I told him about Canada, he promised to provide all the funds I needed. I sent all the money to my Stanbic Mutual Fund Account. His Lawyer drafted a sweet Deed of Gift showing Dad’s earlier positions (Company Secretary of a Bank, Rotary President and Notable Legal Practitioner), as well as the fact that he had set the funds aside for my Masters. He deposed to an Affidavit at the Federal High Court while I did same. NOTE: Added his professional background so the Visa Officer wont have doubts about whether he can afford the money.

UPLOADED: Stanbic Asset Management’s Reference Letter stating that I had unfettered access to the funds, 6 months statement of Investment, Deed of Gift (With his Lawyer’s NBA Seal affixed), Affidavits, GTB Transfer slip showing the transfer to me, Stanbic IBTC slip showing the money getting to my account (Narration was “Gift”), and Stanbic IBTC slips evidencing me sending the money to my Mutual Fund. Also added a very detailed Letter of Explanation which I signed and converted into PDF.

POST AOR

The Devil: I had this stupid urge to decline my application just so to brag I submitted immediately after ITA. Heard that sweet voice and I was certain it was of the devil. Asked it to get the Bleep out and I proceeding with submitting. Would have regretted declining that invitation as my birthday was close and I certainly may never have gotten ITA again (Considering recent trends).

Submission: I submitted on October 16, 2019 and felt relieved. Decided against paying Right of Permanent Residency Fee (RPRF) as a way of gauging my application’s progress. Stayed back at work one day, went through everything over and over and over and over. Only prayer I said when hitting the ‘submit’ button was for my application not to go to Accra Visa Office.

Med Passed/BIL: Was at the Law Dinner of the Lagos Branch of the NBA (In November) when I saw I had passed medical and also got the Biometric request. Was having a good time, yet rejoiced so hard (Never forget to celebrate every little victory). Wifey and I went to VFS the following week for Biometrics.

Raising CSE: Sometime in December, someone on my October AOR Whatsapp group announced he found out the dreaded AVO was his VISA office. Sharp sharp, I raised CSE it was OTTAWA. I remember tell my wife “You can start dreaming now”.

Anxiety: To be fair, I expected one or two ADRs from Ottawa. Even read somewhere how Files get transferred to Local Visa offices after R10 (Completedness), so I was almost certain I’ll end up at Accra and wasn’t expecting PPR in at least 7 months. Nevertheless, I checked my Account every day. Like EVERY 5 HOURS lol. I was at least expecting to get the RPRF Request to be sure my file was at least moving.

On my boy’s birthday (January 16, 2020), I woke up to a mail notification from IRCC and I was sure it’s an ADR. Lo and behold, it was the RPRF request. Read the wordings and so “Your admissibility review is underway” and I was certain PPR was very close. Paid that same day.

The following week, I was checking randomly and saw the Additional Document Review thing in my GCKey read “Not Applicable” and I showed the wife. At this point, I was very positive PPR was close. I woke up the next day to a Ghost Update and showed my wife. Madam was still a bit coy (Proper Yoruba woman, lol), while I was expectant already.

PPR: For some stupid reason, I raised a CSR on January 20 and the response was bad (lol). They told me everything was just about to get started. Anyways, Friday January 24 came and I don’t know where the positivity came from. I noticed I couldn’t log in to my account from like 7PM. I got drunk that night and went to bed.

2am, our Inverter and solar system went off and everywhere was hot. Wifey woke up to check what was happening while I randomly checked my email and there it was “READY FOR VISA”. I almost wept and wifey leapt up for joy. Our boy woke up smiling that day and madam and I looked at ourselves like “What does he know”? lol.

POST PPR: I submitted our passports and all that at VFS Lekki on January 29. I was still wondering if one could get rejected after PPR (checked CanadaVisa forum and saw some Indian boys saying something like that.) I checked and checked until I saw ‘Approved’ on February 19. Ecstatic, Madam and I now started talking about booking flights. I have our passports now and words cant describe how excited I am.

We got to know we have a Canadian Baby in the Oven after PPR and our joy still know no bounds!

WORDS OF ADVICE
No one knows everything. Always ask questions when in doubt, ask for help and tell people when necessary (No one is going to jinx shit), read widely about how to go about arranging your application, check this page religiously, make your application as SIMPLE as possible.

Also, THINK POSITIVE!!!

See y’all in Canada. If you are coming to Edmonton or are in Edmonton already, holla at your boy!..

130 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChiefDaddy1: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
Stencil:
Yes it counts. I used mine and got PPR. Many have as well.

Okay thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
Amen! Way to go...you can register for all if you wish.

In my experience, SOPA counselors are easier to talk to because they reside in Ontario, which means you get to talk to them during the day. AEIP has a career program you can sign up for, where you get to watch videos on how to format a Resumé, Canadian style, write cover letters and learn tips on how to approach an interview.

PS: Pace yourself and beware of information overload. Cheers!

bekayy:
GOD bless you for your helpfulness. I have registered for one and will do for another.

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by itycyril: 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
Thank you

Venom104:

From my little understanding, POF should be directly accessible to the applicant. Even as the investment is “technically” for her, the fact that it’s not in her name means it’s not hers. After all, the investment can only be paid (I assume) to name bearer on the certificate before its transferred to her.

But who knows, she could get an ADR for updated POF . Why risk it though?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChiefDaddy1: 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
kingkhalil:

Timeline:

NOC: 4112 (Lawyers and Quebec Notaries)
ECA, holla at your boy!..

Congratulations brova......but why always drunk ehn....you go buy beer for me in canada. We sef dey come soon by Gods grace

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
kingkhalil:

Congrats on your PPR, and your baby in the oven!!! Go and prosper!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by onyexx: 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hi guys...

Please quick question (post ITA)

In the part where I upload all documents, for police certificate, it just says police certificate 1 and police certificate 2, same as employment record (1 & 2). Does it matter which one I put in which place holder? For example I’m uploading 2 police certificates- UK and Nig, does it matter which one I upload as certificate 1 and certificate 2?

Also, where do I upload my letter of explanation?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 8:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
Congrats! May Cannyland Favour you and yours

[quote author=kingkhalil post=86982461]PPR GIST (LONG POST ALERT!!!!!)

Timeline:

We got to know we have a Canadian Baby in the Oven after PPR and our joy still know no bounds!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ovy92(f): 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your testimony, Huge congratulations, I am Super happy for you and your family

The God who did your own and did not send your file to Accra but to OTTAWA will also do my own in jesus name Amen and Amen

Also congratulations on your Canadian Baby
kingkhalil:

[b]Submission:
I submitted on October 16, 2019 and felt relieved. Decided against paying Right of Permanent Residency Fee (RPRF) as a way of gauging my application’s progress. Stayed back at work one day, went through everything over and over and over and over. Only prayer I said when hitting the ‘submit’ button was for my application not to go to Accra Visa Office.

See y’all in Canada. If you are coming to Edmonton or are in Edmonton already, holla at your boy!..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
onyexx:
Hi guys...

Please quick question (post ITA)

In the part where I upload all documents, for police certificate, it just says police certificate 1 and police certificate 2, same as employment record (1 & 2). Does it matter which one I put in which place holder? For example I’m uploading 2 police certificates- UK and Nig, does it matter which one I upload as certificate 1 and certificate 2?

Also, where do I upload my letter of explanation?

Thanks

You can wait and refresh the page it would show which is which. Happened to me but after refreshing the name of the coy showed for the diff placeholders.

LOE normally has its own place holder at the end of the page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
Accra just released PPR to three families today o. One is a personal friend. Hallelujah for we AVOrians shall rejoice soon and very soon.

33 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by onyexx: 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
Erigo23:

You can wait and refresh the page it would show which is which. Happened to me but after refreshing the name of the coy showed for the diff placeholders.

LOE normally has its own place holder at the end of the page

Ok...thanks for your help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lopemidorcy: 9:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
[quote author=Stencil post=86963000]It counts.

@Stencil please I sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
SunshineD1:
Accra just released PPR to three families today o. One is a personal friend. Hallelujah for we AVOrians shall rejoice soon and very soon.
Wow nice do u know the person’s AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 9:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
Thank you so much. I appreciate you.

bankyh1905:
Amen! Way to go...you can register for all if you wish.
PS: Pace yourself and beware of information overload. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kacek: 10:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
Please am a newbie. I am a medical professional, if I get BCS diploma to boost my CRS score,will it count as two or more certificate since it's not relevant to my profession?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jbaby09: 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
Wow!! To think you and I just chatted about this yesterday..

Congratulations to them and by God’s grace it’ll get to us soonest too..

Please any idea on their AOR ?

SunshineD1:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alafefeyeye: 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
Gd evening house,please this is very urgent and I need input concerning it,I have worked about 9 years wpnysc but all d work experience I have is in Noc c except for the 1st year which is nysc(a noc b job)is it possible I use my nysc experience being a Nox B not minding the fact that it's been a long time and I have done a noc c job after then.Nysc was in 2011/2012 i served in a bank as a marketer and afterwards I got a full time employment in another bank as a customer service .is it possible I use my nysc since it was full time and was paid for up to a year.kindl help a sister please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hallelujah o

Lol

SunshineD1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
Congratulations again...

jjohndoe83:

I have come to pay my dues
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kiari: 11:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
jjohndoe83:

I have come to pay my dues
Congratulations to you and yours...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
Congratulations to you and yours...

kingkhalil:

CRS Score: 467
ITA: September 4, 2018
AOR: October 16, 2019
Medical Passed/BIL: November 1, 2019
CSE Raised December 2019 to know Visa Office
RPRF Request: January 16, 2020 (Paid same day)
GU: January 22, 2020
PPR: January 24, 2020
Passport Submitted: January 29, 2020
COPR: February 19, 2020
Passports collected: February 26, 2020
Visa Office: Ottawa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 5:55am On Feb 27, 2020
Jbaby09:
Wow!! To think you and I just chatted about this yesterday..

Congratulations to them and by God’s grace it’ll get to us soonest too..

Please any idea on their AOR ?

March and April 2019

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 5:57am On Feb 27, 2020
Erigo23:

Wow nice do u know the person’s AOR?

One is March, the other is April 2019.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bigwizzy001(m): 7:37am On Feb 27, 2020
bigwizzy001:
Please I need jjohndoe's number urgently. Please help post it if you have it.
Thanks

Please anyone to help me with my request ? We have an unfinished deal begging for completion. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeas

No one till date ? People are wicked sha... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tessie89: 7:50am On Feb 27, 2020
OnyinyeDebabe:

It’s out now. Was released at 11am

I am having same issue too, I just checked this morning again and it's saying no result found

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.