Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330696 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Geetaybeks: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good day house. Please what NOC is this for?
Is this 0114?

Planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating all business activities, ensuring they meet the organization’s goals, objectives, and regulations.
Monitoring budgets and progress for all projects and activities.
Developing, implementing, and updating procedures and policies.
Overseeing the organization’s human activity, including the training, management, and evaluation of employees.
Liaising with employees, external companies, partners, and other third parties, representing the organization or delegating representatives to act on their behalf.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by scholar: 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I just found this forum today and I have spent a little over 5 hours getting information. Thank you to everyone that has taken time to post valuable information here.
Anyway, here I am 3 years after I first heard about Canada EE (The delay was my doing). For example, I took my first IELTS General to test the water in February 2018, scored 8.586.57.5 and shelved it. Then, I created a WES account December 2018 but didn't start processing of transcript (to send to WES) till May 2019.
A major reason for the cold feet was due to my experience of the loneliness of living alone in a foreign country during my masters. Kia, I missed my family and Nigeria alot. However, as Naija don show me pepper, I am energized to face it and ready for my Canada life. cheesy So, I resumed the journey in December 2019.
As my IELTS was going to expire (plus I needed to max out), I took a second IELTS in December 2019. This time, I gave it the seriousness it deserves. I received my ITA on February 20 and I am excited to see this journey to the end. I look forward to a shared learning experience with you all on this journey.
I have some questions...
1. Where do I get the police report in Abuja?
2. Do I need to attach evidence of my current job? (I am not using this to get point in the work experience as I don't want my CEO to know I am planning to ja. The CEO will have to be informed if i request a reference letter)
3. What is the cost of the medical in IOM and what tests are done?

I have looked through the first and most recent 20 pages...kindly direct me to relevant pages if this has been discussed in the past.

Thank you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifyonline(f): 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2020
Please is it a must the ref letter should be addressed to Ircc or to whom it may concern is fine?.?

As someone saw my reference letter and said i was supposed to address to Ircc..

Which one do i do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eagles92(m): 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
Thank you very much bro

This is very kind of you.

I'll surely ask you any othe rquestions that i may have.

Thanks once again

safex:
Yes, to whom would work fine. Feel free to ask me any other question about OINP.
Wishing you all the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Josade69: 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
IRENEME:
Congratulations... these are very good resources . Exactly what I used and had pretty great scores. Just practice consistently.

Kindly send me those resources
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Uchboggy(m): 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
scholar:
Hello Everyone,

I just found this forum today and I have spent a little over 5 hours getting information. Thank you to everyone that has taken time to post valuable information here.
Anyway, here I am 3 years after I first heard about Canada EE (The delay was my doing). For example, I took my first IELTS General to test the water in February 2018, scored 8.586.57.5 and shelved it. Then, I created a WES account December 2018 but didn't start processing of transcript (to send to WES) till May 2019.
A major reason for the cold feet was due to my experience of the loneliness of living alone in a foreign country during my masters. Kia, I missed my family and Nigeria alot. However, as Naija don show me pepper, I am energized to face it and ready for my Canada life. cheesy So, I resumed the journey in December 2019.
As my IELTS was going to expire (plus I needed to max out), I took a second IELTS in December 2019. This time, I gave it the seriousness it deserves. I received my ITA on February 20 and I am excited to see this journey to the end. I look forward to a shared learning experience with you all on this journey.
I have some questions...
1. Where do I get the police report in Abuja?
2. Do I need to attach evidence of my current job? (I am not using this to get point in the work experience as I don't want my CEO to know I am planning to ja. The CEO will have to be informed if i request a reference letter)
3. What is the cost of the medical in IOM and what tests are done?

I have looked through the first and most recent 20 pages...kindly direct me to relevant pages if this has been discussed in the past.

Thank you.

Police report is gotten from police CID in area 10
If you have other experiences to give you the needed 3 years or whatever years you claimed then only put your current job in your history

The medical test Is around 40k I think, they do a series of test even HIV. Nothing to worry about though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by adejumokecares: 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good evening everyone. Please I need a clarification. Is the date on the IELTS result online the same with the report form?
I wrote exam on 13th Feb with BC and was able to check my result online on 26the Feb, I'm yet to collect the result from their office but I need to be sure if the date to fill while creating an EE profile is 26th Feb. I'll appreciate your response please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jbaby09: 10:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hello Fam;

So please I’m about 5 months AOR
I ACTUALLY NEVER REQUESTED GCMS NOTES
PLEASE IS IT LATE TO REQUEST AND ALSO WHICH OF THE REPRESENTATIVES IS BEST ??

I’ve seen a lot online

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by safex(m): 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2020
"To whom..." is fine if you're unable to get it addressed to IRCC.
ifyonline:
Please is it a must the ref letter should be addressed to Ircc or to whom it may concern is fine?.?

As someone saw my reference letter and said i was supposed to address to Ircc..

Which one do i do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by safex(m): 11:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
I think it's safer to wait for the hard copy TRF. I once experienced a little discrepancy (of one or two days or so) with BC.
adejumokecares:
Good evening everyone. Please I need a clarification. Is the date on the IELTS result online the same with the report form?
I wrote exam on 13th Feb with BC and was able to check my result online on 26the Feb, I'm yet to collect the result from their office but I need to be sure if the date to fill while creating an EE profile is 26th Feb. I'll appreciate your response please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by philips1: 2:20am On Feb 29, 2020
Good morning,

My Nigerian PCC does not carry my former names (for which I have affidavit and newspaper publication) unlike that of my UK which carries the both. DO YOU THINK THAT WILL BE AN ISSUE? As there is no such provision in the Nigerian PCC

Thanks for your much anticipated responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 4:54am On Feb 29, 2020
Jbaby09:
Hello Fam;

I’ve seen a lot online

Thanks
use gcmsbuddy. Cbsa notes i got it in 60 days while that of gcms came after 120 days.

4 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by dapo43: 6:43am On Feb 29, 2020
Hello, I am willing to apply to Canada with my fiancé, although we plan on doing the marriage registry next month in order to get the marriage certificate before we join the express entry pool. Here’s my question; do we need to be married for a certain period before we are considered? Is it better to apply as single then file for her later or go as a couple? I’m scared of being rejected.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by adejumokecares: 7:11am On Feb 29, 2020
safex:
I think it's safer to wait for the hard copy TRF. I once experienced a little discrepancy (of one or two days or so) with BC.

Thanks for the response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Debsify: 7:34am On Feb 29, 2020
ans123:
It's PPR!!!

To newbies, always read, read and read!!! This thread is a pot of GOLD!!!
Congrats to you and your family
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Debsify: 7:35am On Feb 29, 2020
etrange:

Hahaha.... that shit wasn't funny.

Thanks a lot!
You're welcome
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by scholar: 7:54am On Feb 29, 2020
Thank you... your response is apprecciated.
Uchboggy:

Police report is gotten from police CID in area 10
If you have other experiences to give you the needed 3 years or whatever years you claimed then only put your current job in your history

The medical test Is around 40k I think, they do a series of test even HIV. Nothing to worry about though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Uchboggy(m): 8:30am On Feb 29, 2020
adejumokecares:
is it even possible to enter the pool without the hard copy? I thought there is a result certificate number that has to be entered into the EE form for it to validate your ielts? Or is there another way I don’t know about yet?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by emmatrack(m): 9:02am On Feb 29, 2020
Uchboggy:
is it even possible to enter the pool without the hard copy? I thought there is a result certificate number that has to be entered into the EE form for it to validate your ielts? Or is there another way I don’t know about yet?
After two attempts, I realised the trf number could be presumed using your exam details grin
Trust Nigerians nah, we are very smart but then it's always good to be on the safer side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by emmatrack(m): 9:07am On Feb 29, 2020
dapo43:
Hello, I am willing to apply to Canada with my fiancé, although we plan on doing the marriage registry next month in order to get the marriage certificate before we join the express entry pool. Here’s my question; do we need to be married for a certain period before we are considered? Is it better to apply as single then file for her later or go as a couple? I’m scared of being rejected.
You don't necessarily need to have been married for a number of time before applying. The trick however is that if you apply as single and you marry post AOR then you can add your spouse without him/her doing ECA or ielts. So the decision is yours.

Hope that helps?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by emmatrack(m): 9:08am On Feb 29, 2020
ednut1:
use gcmsbuddy. Cbsa notes i got it in 60 days while that of gcms came after 120 days.
Chimo! That's very long o shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 9:12am On Feb 29, 2020
emmatrack:

Chimo! That's very long o shocked
too many applicants i guess. But some people still got in 30 days. If you have someone in canada that can help apply it comes in 30days. But these websites you cant tell

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jbaby09: 9:22am On Feb 29, 2020
Thank you so much ..
please what does the person in Canada need to help apply or where is the application made from ??

Thanks

ednut1:
too many applicants i guess. But some people still got in 30 days. If you have someone in canada that can help apply it comes in 30days. But these websites you cant tell
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 9:26am On Feb 29, 2020
Jbaby09:
Hello Fam;

I’ve seen a lot online

Thanks

You can call them also while u wait. the number is on this thread I posted few days back. Call them 2pm our time on Monday at least the agent will tell you about eligibility and the rest. And I believe if they say eligibility met that’s the most important thing ur mind can be at ease
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 9:29am On Feb 29, 2020
emmatrack:

You don't necessarily need to have been married for a number of time before applying. The trick however is that if you apply as single and you marry post AOR then you can add your spouse without him/her doing ECA or ielts. So the decision is yours.

Hope that helps?

But wont that risk the application landing in Accra?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 9:33am On Feb 29, 2020
Erigo23:

But wont that risk the application landing in Accra?
what if its in accra already

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.