Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1336938 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
sissyborlahdey:
BC
Okay thanks. IDP is delaying results.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nedu2144(m): 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
lasignor:
Okay thanks. IDP is delaying results.

And I sent mail to them; someone replied that they are posting batch by batch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mobenjackson(m): 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
sissyborlahdey:
Good day everyone,
I made:
L-8.5
R-8
W-7
S-6.5
Overall 7.5.
I know the speaking is poor, what’s the hope of it increasing if I remark?

Pls when (date) did u write your exam?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by michaelf284: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
You'd never know unless you request for a remark. Would you?
There's little(refundable #15,000) to nothing you stand to loose if u request for a remark...there are several persons who have requested for a remark in recent months and their band moved up by 1 self.
I advise you apply for a remark of Speaking and Writing, then pray for God's favour.
sissyborlahdey:
Good day everyone,
I made:
L-8.5
R-8
W-7
S-6.5
Overall 7.5.
I know the speaking is poor, what’s the hope of it increasing if I remark?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nedu2144(m): 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
michaelf284:
You'd never know unless you request for a remark. Would you?
There's little(refundable #15,000) to nothing you stand to loose if u request for a remark...there are several persons who have requested for a remark in recent months and their band moved up by 1 self.
I advise you apply for a remark of Speaking and Writing, then pray for God's favour.

Please can a score drop on remark; or it remains the same or goes up
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thereality19(f): 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nedu2144:

And I sent mail to them; someone replied that they are posting batch by batch

No results yet for IDP. Kinda unusual
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
wharlay07:

Hi, Yes I was able to travel and presently self isolating. Booked a short stay apartment room so I could present some form of evidence to the immigration officer if asked.

I should get the PR card in 8 weeks they said.

Cheers!

Good to know. Stay safe and all the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by michaelf284: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
From my diligent following of nairaland and an EOR thread on canadavisa...I've not seen any case of reduction in band, either same or increased. Mostly the latter.
Nedu2144:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hotmomma(f): 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
My people, thank God for me oh.

L-9
R-8
W-7
S-7

First and only attempt. It can only be God.

41 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by michaelf284: 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
BC or IDP?
hotmomma:

L-9
R-8
W-7
S-7

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nedu2144:

No, the point can't drop. Either it increases or it stays as is.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hotmomma(f): 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
michaelf284:
BC or IDP?

Idp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tolam08(m): 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Please is it advisable to start looking for jobs in Canada while one awaits the draw.
IELTS- 07/12/2019
Profile Created- 04/04/2020
CRS- 481

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rahman137(m): 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
But EE does not necessarily mean the money must follow you to Canada now, it only mean the money should be available whenever it is required during the process.
When you are cleared to travel you can withdraw and go with it in cash if you so wish. The focus here is for the money not to be kept in a form that it loses value before concluding the process and you will now be required to go find more to balance it.
jinnyz:
I just want to add that if you live in Nigeria and you buy dollar and deposit the CASH into your USD account, you cannot transfer that money abroad through electronic transfer. You can only withdraw the USD cash or use ATM abroad this is the new CBN guideline.

It's better to get someone that will transfer dollar to your account rather than depositing cash. You can always confirm this from your bank.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by omotoda(m): 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
Just checked my result.
1st attempt
L-8
R-7
W-7
S-7

Overall-7.5

Hoping for PNP cos age is against me

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rahman137(m): 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
They should transfer to your account, prepare a gift deed and sign. Attach the transfer receipt to it and can mail to you so you can also sign the gift deed.
You are good to go
legendary09:
Good morning all,

My CRS presently sits at 475 so I'm hopeful of ITA in the next round of draws.
Please, i need some advice concerning the POF. I'm presently not in Nigeria, but my parent wants to do a gift deed to my GTB account. Would a reference letter from the bank suffice? I'm reading a lot of complex POF strategies and it gets worried because it's just a family trying to do it's best. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by zellfoxx: 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blueheffner(m): 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
Been on 468, and since CRS scores have not dropped to this range since October, decided to give it another try. Now I have LRWS- 8,9,7.5,7.5. Now on 471. Look forward to the next draw

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by magd: 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2020
Congratulations
blueheffner:
Been on 468, and since CRS scores have not dropped to this range since October, decided to give it another try. Now I have LRWS- 8,9,7.5,7.5. Now on 471. Look forward to the next draw

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hybeenoni: 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
Hi everyone, and kudos to your response to various questions here.

I presently school in the US(MS Maths) and looking at moving to Canada, age is against me though, 33 already and single.

Tried CSR Calculator and was told I am not eligible presently.

What would you advise? Since I'm graduating next year, should I go through school? Thinking of a different MS program or is there something I'm don't get about the Skilled entry route?

Would appreciate your response.
Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by dCounsel: 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ye80:
Hello everyone. Good afternoon. I just submitted my application about 2hrs ago (family of 3) and got AOR almost immediately. Just few minutes ago, I got a mail, checked my profile and it was Biometrics Instruction Letter for Myself and my husband.

Is it always that fast or am I mixing things up?

Sorry, if I may ask. Are you in Nigeria? If yes, have you been able to book for the Biometrics?

Regards[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Metrics4tea: 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
mobenjackson:
Hi All, WES is really pushing my buttons here. What could be the reason for another verification to be sent again after taking more than 2 weeks to acknowledge the earlier ones sent (3 mails at 3 different times)... Now they updated my dashboard to "processing a new package/document" 2 days ago, only for them to update with "awaiting verification from your institution" again yesterday... Pls anyone who got past this stage could reach out cus i could really use a help/miracle right now.

My dear, I am in same position with you. My instution verified my documents and my status was updated to in progress and after two days, was changed to on hold, waiting for your institution to verify your documents. Is more than one week now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Oluwayeminikans: 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ye80:
Hello everyone. Good afternoon. I just submitted my application about 2hrs ago (family of 3) and got AOR almost immediately. Just few minutes ago, I got a mail, checked my profile and it was Biometrics Instruction Letter for Myself and my husband.

Hello,
Please my sister has been trying to pay for her biometric, RPRF & Application fee since 4 days ago from her gtb account but keeps showing declined. We have more than the required sum in the account to pay for it. Did you experience such while trying to make payment?

Secondly, can the payment be done from someone else's account on her behalf?

Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by magd: 10:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
I think a limit has been placed by some banks for online transactions,try contact your bank to find out what's the intl transaction limit. Yes, the transaction can be done with someone's account
Oluwayeminikans:

Hello,
Please my sister has been trying to pay for her biometric, RPRF & Application fee since 4 days ago from her gtb account but keeps showing declined. We have more than the required sum in the account to pay for it. Did you experience such while trying to make payment?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by omidan21: 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
Hello Family. Recently for Manitoba Nomination last mont ending . Glory be to God again for that. So since ITA is automatic this month with this present lock down will it be possible to get Police Report . Will Alagbon be opened cause I will love to submit PR application this April month end Once the ITA has been given.
Also this one that there is no upfront Medicals can We submit application without Medicals
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by scholar: 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
GTBank recently placed a $500USD limit. For a family of 1, 1125 CAD is about $800USD which is above the limit that is why you have failed transaction. I don't know about the limit on other banks but I believe someone with similar challenge here was able to pay with Access Visa card.

Oluwayeminikans:

Hello,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Oluwayeminikans: 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
magd:
I think a limit has been placed by some banks for online transactions,try contact your bank to find out what's the intl transaction limit. Yes, the transaction can be done with someone's account

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 12:27am On Apr 04, 2020
Ye80:

I guess you must have done the upfront medical much earlier (say one week) before you submitted your application.

If that is the case, it is not too fast as Biometrics Instruction is usually given out once one passes the medical exam. So nothing unusual as long as the information comes from cic dedicated email and it reflects on your cic account. I don't think you are in Naija too. Right? Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NEROSKY(m): 12:40am On Apr 04, 2020
hotmomma:

L-9
R-8
W-7
S-7

Jesus, where is my brain? please share your tips and tricks.. Reading f me up biko..

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.