Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1334033 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FunmilolaGold(f): 4:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
yemblaze:
send me a private mail

Hello. Please can i get a Contact too?
I mean a Lasu staff in ICT or anywhere that can aid transcript processing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FunmilolaGold(f): 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2020
MINTss:
Good morning,
Please anyone in the thread that went to LASU, please it’s urgent

Please can I get a contact too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nynah(f): 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hello, I’m new here. I don’t even know if I’m typing at the right place. But I’ll have to send this first, then I’ll know� Please ayandee, how did you achieve this. I need help. I want to write TEF by October and I don’t know much French. Please reply
ayandee:
learning french to boost your score score is very achievable. I did that from ground level 0 last year and got 45 points from TEF. I got ITA at age 38. I've seen others do that as well. Visit the TEF Nairaland thread and read from page 1. That was how I got inspired to start the journey and it paid off.

But it requires a high level of dedication, self-discipline and tremendous hardwork and optimism. The year is still quite fresh. I took my decision about this time last year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nmagna(m): 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2020
Thanks alot
Steather:

Sashafm
Send the forms to them. They will fill and fingerprint accordingly and scan back to you. You will print out the completed forms, attach passport photographs and a copy of data page of international passport of each person.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kolizomanizo: 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2020
How do you mean tie-breaking rule?
amaya21:
If you have your IELTS, you can enter the pool immediately because of the tie-breaking rule. However, we don't know when the next draw will be or how often they will do it. You should do medicals only after you've been given an ITA or if you think you may get ITA soon.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kolizomanizo: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
Supertonex I need the same please
Fast course to boost crs
supertonex:
Yeah I read that.

I'll send a message. Should have ended by august no thanks to corona but let's hope it fades out asap, before october will be feasible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ayandee: 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2020
nynah:
Hello, I’m new here. I don’t even know if I’m typing at the right place. But I’ll have to send this first, then I’ll know� Please ayandee, how did you achieve this. I need help. I want to write TEF by October and I don’t know much French. Please reply
Read through this head from page 1. After you can send me a pm
https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
supertonex:
No, not doing CIMA.

I sent an email request.

i need this too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
Lufthansa:
Thanks bro. The Access Visa Card nailed it.

You welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lufthansa: 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
For the exchange rate, I wouldn't know but was debited NGN 630000 for a family of two.

michaelf284:
Hi bros, please what was the exchange rate at which you were charged by Access bank approximately? Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2020
Lufthansa:
For the exchange rate, I wouldn't know but was debited NGN 630000 for a family of two.

That's roughly 300 Naira/ 1 CAD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by dannishcukie: 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
ok thanks bro.. please is the process suspended due to covid19? If yes, hope one can just enter the pool and wait for now until normalcy is restored.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by IceColdVeins(m): 8:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
You can. smiley
FunmilolaGold:

Please can I get a contact too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FunmilolaGold(f): 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
IceColdVeins:
You can. smiley

Thank you.
Please I sent you a private message/mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kexepet: 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
shegs637:

Which is higher than the rate on xe.com

Guys, I need to confirm, for POF, is it the rate on xe.com one would use or bank rates ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tunde36: 12:44am On Apr 02, 2020
Hello house,

Please I am post ITA. I’m gathering all my documents. As regarding POF, please can I put the money in an investment account and submit the proof that the money is in an investment account and can be liquidated at any time.

I will appreciate any prompt response. God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 02, 2020
dannishcukie:
ok thanks bro.. please is the process suspended due to covid19? If yes, hope one can just enter the pool and wait for now until normalcy is restored.

It appears applicants in CEC and PNP are the top priorities right now but there's no harm in entering the pool and watching how things play out.
In the words of C. S. Lewis, "Precisely because we cannot know the moment, we must be ready at all moments".
It will still end in praise.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 02, 2020
tunde36:
Hello house,

Please I am post ITA. I’m gathering all my documents. As regarding POF, please can I put the money in an investment account and submit the proof that the money is in an investment account and can be liquidated at any time.

I will appreciate any prompt response. God bless

I'm not a financial expert but I must question your decision to invest something as vital as your POF in these uncertain times seeing as markets are typically volatile even in the best of times. If you're an expert or acting under the guidance of one then, by all means, go ahead, invest and attach proof that your capital can be liquidated at any time..people have placed their pof in fixed deposits or mutual funds and gotten PPR on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 02, 2020
kexepet:

Guys, I need to confirm, for POF, is it the rate on xe.com one would use or bank rates ?

For POF, I've noticed from previous testimonies that oanda and xe rates are usually used. It's probably best to use the higher rate sha, make the story no come get k-leg! grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tunde36: 1:20am On Apr 02, 2020
Thanks bro

I’m not a financial expert, it’s just about the different sources I got the money from. Instead of explaining all the sources. I was advised to just put the money in an Investment account and just get a proof that the money can be liquidated at any time. I’m not really concerned about the interest rate, just to submit the proof that the money can be liquidated at any time.

I hope you get me boss.
shegs637:

I'm not a financial expert but I must question your decision to invest something as vital as your POF in these uncertain times seeing as markets are typically volatile even in the best of times. If you're an expert or acting under the guidance of one then, by all means, go ahead, invest and attach proof that your capital can be liquidated at any time..people have placed their pof in fixed deposits or mutual funds and gotten PPR on this forum.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 2:14am On Apr 02, 2020
tunde36:
Thanks bro

I’m not a financial expert, it’s just about the different sources I got the money from. Instead of explaining all the sources. I was advised to just put the money in an Investment account and just get a proof that the money can be liquidated at any time. I’m not really concerned about the interest rate, just to submit the proof that the money can be liquidated at any time.

I hope you get me boss.

OK, I understand the matter now. Please choose your investment currency wisely so that your original POF doesn't lose too much value. I bought USD at 360 Naira on the 4th of March and by the 27th it's value had jumped to 405.
Suppose an individual made a Naira investment using their POF of 3.6 million naira on that 4th, they would need an interest of 450k Naira (black market rate) in the following 23 days just to have complete POF! Even using the conservative CBN adjusted rate of 380 to 1 USD, that's still a 200k shortfall in just over 3 weeks.
Corona virus-induced currency fluctuations will not decimate our POF in Jesus's name!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SamDD: 2:21am On Apr 02, 2020
Good morning guys,

Please I need firsthand information on whether anyone has successfully evaluated UNN ONLINE DIPLOMA and CERTIFICATE PROGRAM before using WES.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by OmoyePOB(f): 2:41am On Apr 02, 2020
kexepet:

Go and make an attempt to pay for your visa on CIC.GC ( I expect you have applied for your PR online yourself) , you will see the rate to Naira on that page, that is where I got the rate I used for my app. I got my PR in 2017. Best wishes in your application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jjohndoe83: 2:55am On Apr 02, 2020
OmoyePOB:

Go and make an attempt to pay for your visa on CIC.GC ( I expect you have applied for your PR online yourself) , you will see the rate to Naira on that page, that is where I got the rate I used for my app. I got my PR in 2017. Best wishes in your application.
smiley Things have changed since 2017 o. Nothing like this.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lufthansa: 6:11am On Apr 02, 2020
Could we have a comparison of this from anyone in the house who recently paid using a dom card as to compare to know which is more economical probably for people who will be paying subsequently.[color=#990000][/color]

shegs637:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tunde36: 9:06am On Apr 02, 2020
Lol. Amen ooo.

Thanks alot bro
shegs637:

OK, I understand the matter now. Please choose your investment currency wisely so that your original POF doesn't lose too much value. I bought USD at 360 Naira on the 4th of March and by the 27th it's value had jumped to 405.
Suppose an individual made a Naira investment using their POF of 3.6 million naira on that 4th, they would need an interest of 450k Naira (black market rate) in the following 23 days just to have complete POF! Even using the conservative CBN adjusted rate of 380 to 1 USD, that's still a 200k shortfall in just over 3 weeks.
Corona virus-induced currency fluctuations will not decimate our POF in Jesus's name!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bouqielois(f): 9:45am On Apr 02, 2020
I paid my application fees using Stanbic IBTC naira debit card yesterday, I was charged 287 naira to 1 CAD. I'm still vexed angry

Lufthansa:
Could we have a comparison of this from anyone in the house who recently paid using a dom card as to compare to know which is more economical probably for people who will be paying subsequently.[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rahman137(m): 9:56am On Apr 02, 2020
Just what I was about saying, I actually liquidated my POF (/awaiting ITA though) and convert to Dollars 3weeks ago at 375, today it's 410. Imagine leaving it in the investment account, I would have lose a large sum of the money. In these times, I will advise money be kept in dom acct or better if you can find a dollar investment that meet the criteria.
shegs637:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by IceColdVeins(m): 10:19am On Apr 02, 2020
Okay I'll check
FunmilolaGold:

Thank you.
Please I sent you a private message/mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by allyb: 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lufthansa:

I used GTB’s MasterCard and the rate was 280

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lufthansa: 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
Naira or domiciliary card?
allyb:

I used GTB’s MasterCard and the rate was 280

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.