Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333529 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by allyb: 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lufthansa:
Naira or domiciliary card?

Naira MasterCard

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bouqielois(f): 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
Is there any April AOR WhatsApp group? I'll like to be added.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Unstoppableymx(m): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
Good evening house.

I'm happy to share my IELTS breakthrough with y'all. After 6 attempts of ielts (1 BC, 5 IDPs), I finally overcame, LRSW 8.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5.

Although my writing was initially 6.5 but I applied for a remark and it came back 2days ago with an increase from 6.5 to 7.5.

If you are also having similar challenges, please don't give up, your breakthrough is near.

ECA ready, IELTS ready, let the journey begin . . .

Cheers!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
Unstoppableymx:
Good evening house.

I'm happy to share my IELTS breakthrough with y'all. After 6 attempts of ielts (1 BC, 5 IDPs), I finally overcame, LRSW 8.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5.

Although my writing was initially 6.5 but I applied for a remark and it came back 2days ago with an increase from 6.5 to 7.5.

If you are also having similar challenges, please don't give up, your breakthrough is near.

Cheers!

Interesting results. That change in writing is huge. Makes one wonder whether this examiners are that objective. Your .5 shortage in reading prevented you from maxing out. Congratulations. I wish you the very best for the rest of the journey.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Unstoppableymx(m): 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2020
lasignor:
Interesting results. That change in writing is huge. Makes one wonder whether this examiners are that objective. Your .5 shortage in reading prevented you from maxing out. Congratulations. I wish you the very best for the rest of the journey.

Thanks Bro. Seriously it's almost hard to believe they aren't failing candidates on purpose with that .5. Anyways, thanks to God!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2020
shegs637:

OK, I understand the matter now. Please choose your investment currency wisely so that your original POF doesn't lose too much value. I bought USD at 360 Naira on the 4th of March and by the 27th it's value had jumped to 405.
Suppose an individual made a Naira investment using their POF of 3.6 million naira on that 4th, they would need an interest of 450k Naira (black market rate) in the following 23 days just to have complete POF! Even using the conservative CBN adjusted rate of 380 to 1 USD, that's still a 200k shortfall in just over 3 weeks.
Corona virus-induced currency fluctuations will not decimate our POF in Jesus's name!!!

What Shegs Said!!!!

People often think they need to invest their POF. We have had some disagreements here about mutual funds, equity based, money market based, how easy is it to liquidate, ADR etc.

I continue to preach my sermon....."cash" also know as "account balance" is king and foreign currency cash is king times 2!!! You can always invest in whatever asset you like when you get COPR and land.

My advise to those asking what to do with their POF is exactly what Shegs says. Open a foreign currency account in Nigeria and convert to USD or CAD or open an account in Canada straight up, that's where you'll be living in the future anyway.

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by supertonex(m): 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
Send a message

Kolizomanizo:
Supertonex I need the same please
Fast course to boost crs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by supertonex(m): 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Send an email

Nenyezz:
i need this too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by supertonex(m): 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2020
Congratulations

Unstoppableymx:
Good evening house.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Olinga(f): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2020
Please do we have any lawyer that is going through this route. I really need advise and guidance on how to begin. I searched online but haven't gotten anything concrete.

Please reply me and help a sister. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kofo123: 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
Unstoppableymx:
Good evening house.

Cheers!

How long did it take for them to remark?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Olinga:
Please do we have any lawyer that is going through this route. I really need advise and guidance on how to begin. I searched online but haven't gotten anything concrete.

write ielts and evaluate your degree. Its same process for everyone. Read page 1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Monopoly1: 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
Good evening pals, my brother is about entering the pool but the date of birth on his passport differs from that of his WES evaluation. Passport show 23/07/86 while WES evaluation show 23/07/84 on one of his credential. Which should he use in his application. Kindly advice. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by cuttiee(f): 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
Doyle0309:

Honestly, it won’t affect your profile... Just submit necessary documents relating to you change of name.
(I know this cuz my wife did same).

Hope this helps.

Thanks @doyle0309.

Please, at what point will I add the relating docs when opening my EE profile?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
cuttiee:

Please, at what point will I add the relating docs when opening my EE profile?

Thanks

After you've received ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
Olinga:

I’m a lawyer. However it’s pretty much same process for everyone. What do u need?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by wharlay07: 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
SunshineD1:

Were you able to travel? If yes, did you get a place to self isolate for two weeks?

Hi, Yes I was able to travel and presently self isolating. Booked a short stay apartment room so I could present some form of evidence to the immigration officer if asked.

I should get the PR card in 8 weeks they said.

Cheers!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by wharlay07: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2020
Venom104:

Hi Man,

How did it go? Did you eventually make the flight? I hope everything went well for you in the end.

Hi,

Yes i made the flight. Booked a short stay room online. Thanks for checking.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Venom104: 10:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
wharlay07:

All the best going forward. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EyesondPrize: 11:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
Congratulations!!!
Unstoppableymx:
Good evening house.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Monopoly1:
Good evening pals, my brother is about entering the pool but the date of birth on his passport differs from that of his WES evaluation. Passport show 23/07/86 while WES evaluation show 23/07/84 on one of his credential. Which should he use in his application. Kindly advice. Thanks
he should use his real age. Canada does not joke with things like this. Some Nigerians will never listen and thing they can get away with nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 12:22am On Apr 03, 2020
Unstoppableymx:
Good evening house.

Cheers!

This is a big breakthrough. Congratulations man. I can relate haven travelled this road myself with just .5 killing on several occasions. It was a remark that put an end to my misery. May the rest of the journey be smooth for you. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jinnyz: 2:44am On Apr 03, 2020
I just want to add that if you live in Nigeria and you buy dollar and deposit the CASH into your USD account, you cannot transfer that money abroad through electronic transfer. You can only withdraw the USD cash or use ATM abroad this is the new CBN guideline.

It's better to get someone that will transfer dollar to your account rather than depositing cash. You can always confirm this from your bank.

Mamaroon:

What Shegs Said!!!! Your calculations are so apt that if I was your maths teacher I will give you extra marks.

People often think they need to invest their POF. We have had some disagreements here about mutual funds, equity based, money market based, how easy is it to liquidate, ADR etc.

I continue to preach my sermon....."cash" also know as "account balance" is king and foreign currency cash is king times 2!!! You can always invest in whatever asset you like when you get COPR and land.

My advise to those asking what to do with their POF is exactly what Shegs says. Open a foreign currency account in Nigeria and convert to USD or CAD or open an account in Canada straight up, that's where you'll be living in the future anyway. As an aside, this also removes the need to be looking for exchange rate converters/websites up and down and deciding which is best.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kolizomanizo: 6:52am On Apr 03, 2020
Help with Email Addy asap
Thanks
supertonex:
Send a message

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kolizomanizo: 7:01am On Apr 03, 2020
Email sent. Thanks quote author=supertonex post=88034580]Send a message

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by legendary09: 7:14am On Apr 03, 2020
Good morning all,

My CRS presently sits at 475 so I'm hopeful of ITA in the next round of draws.
Please, i need some advice concerning the POF. I'm presently not in Nigeria, but my parent wants to do a gift deed to my GTB account. Would a reference letter from the bank suffice? I'm reading a lot of complex POF strategies and it gets worried because it's just a family trying to do it's best. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Unstoppableymx(m): 9:11am On Apr 03, 2020
Kofo123:

How long did it take for them to remark?

5 Days.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 10:42am On Apr 03, 2020
michaelf284:
Hello, please which of the test organisation did u write the exams with? IDP/BC?

You are asking because of results right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.