Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330236 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
mbhs139:
I read some post here and I'm obliged to advise that people should start behaving well. All these hot bloods here and there wouldn't help you when you get here, Canada.

. INCREASED NUMBER OF IMMIGRANTS UNDER EXPRESS ENTRY

On Thursday, March 12, 2020, The Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), tabled the 2020 2022 Immigration Levels Plan in the Canadian House of Commons. Canada plans on welcoming 341,000 new permanent residents in 2020, 351,000 in 2021, and 361,000 in 2022 while reducing Application processing times and improving service delivery and client services at IRCC.

Of those who will become permanent residents of Canada over the next few years, in 2020, 88,500 to 100,000 immigrants will be Express Entry applicants; in 2021, 89,300 to 100,000 immigrants will be Express Entry applicants; and, in 2022, 88,800 to 100,600 immigrants will be Express Entry applicants. These numbers are even higher than those announced by Minister Mendicino's predecessor in October 2018 when projecting Immigration levels for the same three year period.

II. HOW DOES COVID-19 AFFECT IMMIGRATION PROCESSING?

IRCC Processing Will Continue Despite COVID-19

On Sunday, March 15, 2020, IRCC also released new instructions for those affected by COVID-19. Like other countries, Canada is working diligently to halt the spread of the virus; however, IRCC is adopting new policies and procedures to minimize any disruption to Immigration processing and to help applicants who are affected in any way by COVID-19. Among the steps being taken by IRCC are:

All Applications currently in progress at IRCC offices both in Canada and abroad will continue to be processed.

If an Express Entry applicant has received an Invitation to Apply and is missing documents to complete his/her Application for Permanent Residence because of disruptions related to COVID-19, the Application can still be submitted along with a letter, explaining why the documents are missing. IRCC will hold the Application until further notice.

Once an Application for Permanent Residence has been filed, it will not be refused if an applicant is unable to comply with subsequent procedural steps/instructions because of COVID-19.

IRCC may continue to request any additional documents necessary for processing Immigration Applications. When additional documentation is required, however, Immigration officers will send a request letter allowing the applicant 90 days If a previous request for additional documents was sent, but the applicant could not meet the deadline, applicants will be given an additional 90 days to respond.

Applicants will have 90 days rather than 30 days to provide biometrics.

Those who hold confirmation of permanent residence, and permanent residence visas may be eligible for an extended deadline, as long as they inform IRCC of their situation via IRCC's web form.

​III. WHAT DO THESE CHANGES MEAN FOR YOU?

Given the information, above, now would be an excellent time for you to enter the Express Entry Pool of Candidates (if you have not already done so) with Abrams & Krochak's assistance, so that you can be one of the first applicants to benefit from possible lower CRS drawing scores and an increased number of Express Entry candidates invited to apply for Permanent Residence in Canada.

IV. HOW IS COVID-19 AFFECTING THE CANADIAN ECONOMY?

The following excerpts are taken from an article that appeared in the April 2, 2020 issue of the Toronto Star newspaper:

Canadian economists are cautiously optimistic about the country’s ability to make a quick recovery once the worst of the pandemic is over.

“It’s very likely to be a very significant rebound,” said Jean-François Perrault, senior vice-president and chief economist at Scotiabank. In fact, last week Scotia pegged the chances of resuming normal economic activity by August at 75 per cent. Assuming the virus can be sufficiently contained at some point this summer and businesses are able to reopen, it should not take long for the economy to rev up, Perrault said. With pent-up consumer demand and low interest rates, he said conditions should be ripe for a quick turnaround, likening it to flipping a switch. “Once we turn the corner there’s potential for quite strong growth.”

If this scenario occurs it would be what economists call a “V-shaped” recovery, in which a sharp, sudden downturn is quickly followed by an equally sharp correction.

“We’ve had a huge shock,” said Jack Carr, an economics professor at the University of Toronto. “It’s bad that it’s huge, but the good news is that it’s short-run and as soon as the shock ends there’s no reason why we can’t almost immediately go back to where we were.”

Carr believes the Canadian economy is poised to “snap back” once the virus is under control.

Carr believes the Canadian economy is poised to “snap back” once the virus is under control.

“Maybe, if we’re lucky, it will only hurt the economy for two or three months and that’s it.”

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Innunique: 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
lasignor:
We need the job duties/roles to be able to help. Job titles don't matter as long as Canada is concerned.
ok...
Position: Head of Operations
Tasks:
 Responsible for the development, integration and implementation of directed and agreed
business advertising and sales strategies using methods that align with the firm’s policy;
 Identified sales leads, pitched new ideas to new clients and maintained a good working
relationship with new and old contacts to ensure customer retention ;
 Oversaw expenses and budgeting to help the organization optimize costs and benefits;
 Provided reports on operational performances and provided suggestions to management when necessary
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ibukune(m): 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
niceeric:

Sure , I just went back to the online result p
age and the change had
already been made

Pls mine wasnt effected. Did u write with BC or MOD?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by omidan21: 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hope there will be a DRAW today
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eagles92(m): 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
Let us wait till wednesday

omidan21:
Hope there will be a DRAW today
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ola2j: 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
FullDepth1:

Hey bro, when did you see the Info about Upfront medicals?
I used that last month when they requested for my medicals.. . And this got me worried now.

Ircc Twitter page. I indicated that in my post already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Funky123(f): 5:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
Good evening everyone.....please we need help in picking the right noc code for my hubby....This is his JD below...we are looking at Noc 0601 and 0621 ..... Though 0621 (Corporate sales manager) mentions Territory Sales Manager which is his current role, please kindly help us look into it
*Distribution set up - identifying and appointing the prospective distributors for his / her territory.
He / She will also be responsible for designing the Beat plans for the distributors in his territory.
*Distributor Management - Track distributors’ efficiencies and follow up on necessary related actions. Alongside, ensure that all distributor related issues are timely monitored and addressed.
*Management Information System (MIS) -
The Territory Sales Manager will be required to maintain all the MIS for his / her territory and report the same to the head office & the Regional Sales Manager on regular basis.Sales Targets -
The TSM will be responsible for achieving the sales target for his / her territory and will lead the process of further breaking down the territory sales target to channels & beats.The incumbent will continuously review sales performance of all channels & beats in his territory to ensure achievement of sales targets. Both primary and secondary sales targets will be the responsibility of the TSMSales force -
Will be responsible for hiring and maintaining the territory’s distributor sales force.Team Management - Review Sales performances of the sales team and implement relevant training programs for improved performanceDesired Skills and Experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FullDepth1: 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2020
Ola2j:

Ircc Twitter page. I indicated that in my post already

I asked "When", not where.. Like when did you see the post. "When"

I uploaded mine last month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by scholar: 7:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hello,

Please can you share a contact for University of Abuja trabscript?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Palaexpress: 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kudos to WES!!!

My ECA report arrived 15days earlier than the scheduled date.
Timeline:
Application submitted - 29/01/2020
All documents arrived WES - 04/03/2020
Verification for MSc accepted - 24/03/2020
ECA - 06/04/2020

Documents - MSc (Nigeria - verification done), PhD (abroad - no verification required)

Glory to God and thank you all for the guide.

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by michaelf284: 1:14am On Apr 07, 2020
That was remarkably fast. Congrats
Which Nigerian school?
Palaexpress:
Kudos to WES!!!
My ECA report arrived 15days earlier than the scheduled date.
Timeline:
ECA - 06/04/2020

Documents - MSc (Nigeria - verification done), PhD (abroad - no verification required)

Glory to God and thank you all for the guide.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by whizqueen(f): 2:51am On Apr 07, 2020
Everything you need to know about the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot (Low IELTS, Job offer, 6 weeks work permit processing time and no proof of funds required)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90QmTrO1GD0

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BlestHanneSSG: 3:07am On Apr 07, 2020
And in addition, I think one's POF has to be 'sitting pretty' 3months before one gets a nomination. Sask and conditions!
ednut1:
manitoba but has been on hold since last year. Saskatchewan relative gives 20 points - if your noc is in demand there(check their list) and your degree matches your occupation. You can try
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BlestHanneSSG: 3:15am On Apr 07, 2020
Big Congrats! Wishing you even better speed in the rest of the journey.

Palaexpress:
Kudos to WES!!!

ECA report arrived 15days earlier.
Timeline:
ECA - 06/04/2020

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2020
BlestHanneSSG:
And in addition, I think one's POF has to be 'sitting pretty' 3months before one gets a nomination. Sask and conditions!
1 month is ok. You have 60 days to submit. By the end of the 60days 3 months don click.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chygoz3(m): 7:53am On Apr 07, 2020
For those who wrote IELTS with IDP, can anybody confirm how the number of days between the test date and the test report date?
I wrote on the 21st of March, and due to this lockdown, I won't be getting the TRF anytime soon and I'd like to submit my EE profile as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tolam08(m): 9:25am On Apr 07, 2020
Ceteris paribus, 12 days after your exam the TRF should be available.
chygoz3:
For those who wrote IELTS with IDP, can anybody confirm how the number of days between the test date and the test report date?
I wrote on the 21st of March, and due to this lockdown, I won't be getting the TRF anytime soon and I'd like to submit my EE profile as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nedu2144(m): 9:38am On Apr 07, 2020
niceeric:

Sure , I just went back to the online result p
age and the change had
already been made

Ppl confirmed theirs did not change oo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ola2j: 9:43am On Apr 07, 2020
FullDepth1:

I asked "When", not where.. Like when did you see the post. "When"

I uploaded mine last month.

Oh ok...uhm...3 weeks ago I guess. I think last week of march thereabout.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ola2j: 9:47am On Apr 07, 2020
Ye80:

i did medicals a day before ITA

Oh that's why. Your medical results are uploaded 3-5 days after you do it. So when it was uploaded, it bore your uci so it automatically registers as done that's why you got the biometrics instructions . You got your ita in the first draw of march right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Palaexpress: 9:49am On Apr 07, 2020
michaelf284:
That was remarkably fast. Congrats
Which Nigerian school?

Thank you.

University of Calabar. I had to follow the process from office to office to get it done fast! The school replied to WES verification via email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Palaexpress: 9:52am On Apr 07, 2020
BlestHanneSSG:
Big Congrats! Wishing you even better speed in the rest of the journey.

Wishing you all the best too. Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niceeric(m): 10:53am On Apr 07, 2020
Ibukune:

Pls mine wasnt effected. Did u write with BC or MOD?
Mine changed oooo....IDP...thesame day I got the successful EOR mail, I logged in and it had changed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niceeric(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2020
Nedu2144:

Ppl confirmed theirs did not change oo
I will upload screenshots as evidence. I checked the moment I got the successful EOR mail and refund docs. Mine is MOD/IDP sha

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by allyb: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2020
Hello, please can I get help on the right NOC? I’m an Audit Associate. Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chygoz3(m): 11:23am On Apr 07, 2020
tolam08:
Ceteris paribus, 12 days after your exam the TRF should be available.
Alright thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.