Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1332331 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gifty28(f): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hello, your scores are impressive. Was it Bc or Mod Heard Bc don’t give above 7 or 7.5
In speaking.

[quote author=thelma76 post=88454651]Hello, in response to your question below, I used Ieltsliz, ieltsadvantage, The IELTS Listening Test on Youtube, Career zone ielts institute Moga India also on Youtube. I also downloaded sample answer sheets from the official ielts website (this helped in preparing me for the real deal, time management and all), did the available practise tests and that was it. Total prep time took about three weeks, since I was juggling this alongside my 9-5. Results came out as L-9, S - 8.5, R- 8.5, W- 7, Overall- 8.5.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gifty28:
Hello, your scores are impressive. Was it Bc or Mod Heard Bc don’t give above 7 or 7.5
In speaking.

That speculation is not true. I had 8 in speaking and I wrote with BC. My result was LRWS 9978, overall 8.5.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gifty28(f): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
Okay Thanks

Revman:

That speculation is not true. I had 8 in speaking and I wrote with BC. My result was LRWS 9978, overall 8.5.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mirian91(f): 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2020
Good afternoon my wonderful people. Pls my former employer is asking who the reference letter should be addressed to. Is it good to use " To whom it may concern". Pls your responses are urgently needed. Also, I got married while working in that company before I left, do you think I should maintain my maiden name in the reference letter or should my employer use my married name since I got married before leaving. My married name is in my passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
I addressed all my work letters and bank letter to the centralised intake office. IRCC (in full), Nova Scotia, Sydney,Canada. I hear people used to whom it may concern (But i don't like it tho, doesn't sound personal or professional)

Mirian91:
Good afternoon my wonderful people. Pls my former employer is asking who the reference letter should be addressed to. Is it good to use " To whom it may concern". .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
Mirian91:
Good afternoon my wonderful people. Pls my former employer is asking who the reference letter should be addressed to. Is it good to use " To whom it may concern". Pls your responses are urgently needed. Also, I got married while working in that company before I left, do you think I should maintain my maiden name in the reference letter or should my employer use my married name since I got married before leaving. My married name is in my passport.
no one cares who it is addressed to just the contents. Use your name as it was during your time in the company.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by michaelf284: 2:57pm On Apr 16, 2020
(1)You can either use "To Whom" or use the IRCC address:
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC),
Centralized Intake Office,
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada
Whichever of either will make u sleep well at night.

(2)The reference letter can be in your current/passport name with your nèe in brackets e.g Mrs Jane Doe (nèe Smith)
Cheers
Mirian91:

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gifty28:
Okay Thanks

You are welcome
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Maryduke: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2020
Localboy91:

Hello, it advisable you write his LOE under yours.

Firstly, there is only one portal for additional information.

Second, you are the primary applicant and it’s your job to explain what they don’t understand to them. And not the accompanying spouse.

In short, you and your partner should sit down and write the LOE together and should be submitted under your own portal.

I hope I made sense.
Tanku
Hi, thanks for your response. I understand that there will be a placeholder in the application for him to input his documents. In the case of medicals, he doesnt have the report because hospitals are not doing upfront medicals hence he needs an LoE to explain which is what we will put in the medicals place holder. So I need to know how right it is for me to write an LoE that will be going into his place holder...... Any other person who has had to write an LoE for accompanying spouse can please advise. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ans123: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2020
CEC 455

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
ans123:
Congratulations to somebody CRS 455
CEC only oooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
I dare say that these program specific draws will be for our own good in due time. I claim my ITA with faith when the time comes for FSW draw. I have been praying for a miracle and I believe that God will do it.

I am particularly happy for the CEC applicants who have been stuck in the pool since. What a relief!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Igethope: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2020
I guess they are indirectly saying we are conducting draw till COVID-19 is over that’s the reason for continuous PNP and CEC draw. May be when things are back to normal, they will start issuing FSW again. Next draw can even go as low as 450.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChukzB007: 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
ednut1:
she got under the family stream before they paused or stopped it july 2019.

oh, ok.
I got accepted in the EOI, they said I qualify as SWO under their express entry sub stream and nothing to do with the family stream. because I've an EE profile as well.
what I've over there at Manitoba is a close friend support. My total score with then is 410.
I'm 26, NOC 0124 - 3 years, teach er NOC 1yr nysc. ielts clb8 and ECA bachelors from wes.

pls, what's a young man's way forward?
also, does it mean that SWO being issued LAA are only those in the pool as far back as last year? because i see its still those invited directly by mpnp under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.

thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
ChukzB007:

oh, ok.
I got accepted in the EOI, they said I qualify as SWO under their express entry sub stream and nothing to do with the family stream. because I've an EE profile as well.
what I've over there at Manitoba is a close friend support. My total score with then is 410.
I'm 26, NOC 0124 - 3 years, teach er NOC 1yr nysc. ielts clb8 and ECA bachelors from wes.

pls, what's a young man's way forward?
also, does it mean that SWO being issued LAA are only those in the pool as far back as last year? because i see its still those invited directly by mpnp under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.

thanks.
the strategic recruitment stuff is for people with job offer. Even if they resume family stream tomorrow you cannot get laa with friend points. You need relative points od 200 to stand a chance. You are still young so get a masters by the time you have completed it you should have had 3 years experience then go for. Express entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChukzB007: 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
Marykelly:
Hi you got Manitoba Nomination last month? But I heard it was stopped, please enlighten me. Thanks.

ok, great.
thanks for sharing all these.

so does it mean that they look at total scores of up to 570 above before nomination for EE substream?
I understand that meeting up with the recent mpnp LAA, the additional 500 from Strategic Recruitment Initiative is needed but what exactly could be criteria for getting nominated for EE, since that increases crs by 600 points?
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2020
Evening my e-fam, my people in the 450+ i hope y’all are holding up, any FSW back to back draw might land us ITA. Am losing 5points by the last day of this month.. my birthday grin but Am happy to be alive. God knows more than I do so we keep the hope alive.

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Wendyok: 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2020
Corona clear road make we write IELTS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChukzB007: 7:00pm On Apr 16, 2020
ednut1:
the strategic recruitment stuff is for people with job offer. Even if they resume family stream tomorrow you cannot get laa with friend points. You need relative points od 200 to stand a chance. You are still young so get a masters by the time you have completed it you should have had 3 years experience then go for. Express entry

ok thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ndawe(f): 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
Naija police report can be gotten via proxy. I don't live in Nigeria but my husband does; we used Inspector Moshood (last month) and within an hour, it was ready. Get someone who can do the leg work for you; you do not have to be on ground. They will send a soft copy of the fingerprint form to you; and you scan/send it back, after having fingerprinted and filled the necessary info.quote author=omidan21 post=88428235]Those that have ITA how do U plan on doing police report . They are operating cause someone I know there I called said I shld come over but with this lock down how do One get there is the problem .

I saw this online https://www.gateway.ng/Nigeria-Police-Report

Online way of getting police report anyone tried it out does it work . At least how do Nigerians doing this process from abroad get their police report . Since they can’t be physically present [/quote]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChukzB007: 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2020
ednut1:

pls can I chat you on whatsapp?
I'm a little confused about this family stream I be hearing here because I didn't apply via that.
I saw there's a renewed skilled workers overseas stream on their website.
which are basically 2:

1. Express Entry Substream pathway and
2. Human Capital pathway

and when I filled profile mpnp, the said I qualify for that no. 1.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2020
ChukzB007:

pls can I chat you on whatsapp?
I'm a little confused about this family stream I be hearing here because I didn't apply via that.
I saw there's a renewed skilled workers overseas stream on their website.
which are basically 2:

1. Express Entry Substream pathway and
2. Human Capital pathway

and when I filled profile mpnp, the said I qualify for that no. 1.
i have explained everything. There is skilled workers overseas which has strategic and the family stream. You dont qualify move on

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Unstoppableymx(m): 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hello house,

Please I need some advise on my EE profile. Currently I'm on 453 and my next birthday (31 years) is July, which means if i don't get ITA before then I will loose another 5 points. Also, my spouse will be accompanying me, even if she Evaluate her degree and max out in IELTS we are still below 470 which is the average score been used recently.

1) What short course can I do to get more points on education as an Electrical engineering graduate? ( Already used my ND & HND for 2 or more certificates). The ones I saw while going throough the thread aren't related to my field

2) Which provinve can I apply to without having any family relation or connection in Canada?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
Unstoppableymx:
Hello house,

Please I need some advise on my EE profile. Currently I'm on 453 and my next birthday (31 years) is July, which means if i don't get ITA before then I will loose another 5 points. Also, my spouse will be accompanying me, even if she Evaluate her degree and max out in IELTS we are still below 470 which is the average score been used recently.

1) What short course can I do to get more points on education as an Electrical engineering graduate? ( Already used my ND & HND for 2 or more certificates). The ones I saw while going throough the thread aren't related to my field

2) Which provinve can I apply to without having any family relation or connection in Canada?

Thanks.
only masters can give you more points. For pnp check if your occupation is in demand in Saskatchewan or else just be in the pool and pray for province invite. What is your occupation and that of spouse
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Daddybomboy: 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2020
ashiwajew:

Has anybody done ielts exam during this lockdown? Because I also want to register and I actually saw that there are free days on their website but my fear is I don’t want my money to hang in the air as a result of likely postponement due to the pandemic

All British Council exams have been suspended

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/important-update-covid-19-our-exams

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Unstoppableymx(m): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2020
Kekereekun123:
only masters can give you more points. For pnp check if your occupation is in demand in Saskatchewan or else just be in the pool and pray for province invite. What is your occupation and that of spouse

Thanks for the swift response. My occupation is Electrical technician and equipment Maintenance while my wife is just rounding up her NYSC as a class teacher

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mirian91(f): 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2020
Thank you. This is helpful
michaelf284:
(1)You can either use "To Whom" or use the IRCC address:
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC),
Centralized Intake Office,
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada
Whichever of either will make u sleep well at night.

(2)The reference letter can be in your current/passport name with your nèe in brackets e.g Mrs Jane Doe (nèe Smith)
Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ndawe(f): 10:19pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hubby and I are also in the same shoes and was going to ask this. Neither of us have been able to do medicals yet because of corona wahala but we have every other thing but are unable to submit because neither of us has any document to upload for medicals. I'm the PA for ours', we plan to write and upload LOEs' in the dropbox for medical report. I'll watch out for other responses though, incase people have better suggestions on how to go about this.
Maryduke:
Hi, thanks for your response. I understand that there will be a placeholder in the application for him to input his documents. In the case of medicals, he doesnt have the report because hospitals are not doing upfront medicals hence he needs an LoE to explain which is what we will put in the medicals place holder. So I need to know how right it is for me to write an LoE that will be going into his place holder...... Any other person who has had to write an LoE for accompanying spouse can please advise. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by damiek: 6:23am On Apr 17, 2020
Hello All, Nice job. I did MOD/IELTS on the 21 March and my results were LSRW 9896.5 so I applied for a remark immediately. IELTS then sent an email attaching a refund form and Bank Trf form. Based on the mail I was expecting an upgrade in my online result immediately however nothing has happened. Please how long does it take to put the new result online cos I really want to upgrade my EE fast from my current 467. Kindly assist seniors.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by paulcanada: 6:42am On Apr 17, 2020
hello everyone, happy quarantine grin , hope everyone is keeping safe and practicing social distancing, we shall overcome.....with everything on hold because of covid19, nobody knows what we should expect as per draws after everything. been waiting for scores to come down since may 2019, been on 450 ,nothing yet ,maxed out on ielts.. pof is complete, everything is set.tried my hands on french but been extremely hard to pass. young ladies abeg if you have a shortfall and need a partner to boost anything, lets jam up and start relationship. who says we cant find love and still go to canada together. #mycanadiandreammustnotdie

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 17, 2020
Eraytee:
Evening my e-fam, my people in the 450+ i hope y’all is holding up, any FSW back to back draw might land us ITA. Am losing 5points by the last day of this month.. my birthday grin but Am happy to be alive. God knows more than I do so we keep the hope alive.

Hi. Please keep the hope alive. Have you thought of writing BCS? Passing it will give you I think 33 points or writing French.

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.