Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,283 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333722 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by paule: 7:28am On Apr 17, 2020
Hello people, i want to know if gift deed is still necessary after investing POF into Treasure bills or Mutual funds
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tunlapapa: 7:30am On Apr 17, 2020
Dandilion:

Hi. Please keep the hope alive. Have you thought of writing BCS? Passing it will give you I think 33 points or writing French.

Sorry for jumping at your post.
You should have asked what qualifications he has before suggesting another degree. And people fail to understand that you ONLY need another qualification when you don't have at least a master's degree or OND/HND. Getting another certificate with these WON'T give extra points.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tunlapapa: 7:32am On Apr 17, 2020
paule:
Hello people, i want to know if gift deed is still necessary after investing POF into Treasure bills or Mutual funds
Yes you need it if it was a gift, you need to explain the source of funds.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 17, 2020
tunlapapa:

Sorry for jumping at your post.
You should have asked what qualifications he has before suggesting another degree. And people fail to understand that you ONLY need another qualification when you don't have at least a master's degree or OND/HND. Getting another certificate with these WON'T give extra points.

Okay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NStar: 9:23am On Apr 17, 2020
Hello house, I'm just confused right now.

I want to submit my application so as to beat the increment of application fees by April 30th. However, the only thing that is a challenge now is how to get PCC.

From my previous knowledge, I can only get this in Lagos. But right now, with this lockdown, I can't leave my state (Abia state).

I'm confused, I'm totally clueless at this point.

Please your advice and suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ashiwajew: 9:29am On Apr 17, 2020
I am thinking of writing the CBT ielts exam. Please is it advisable to do CBT?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 9:36am On Apr 17, 2020
NStar:

I want to submit my application so as to beat the increment of application fees by April 30th. However, the only thing that is a challenge now is how to get PCC.

From my previous knowledge, I can only get this in Lagos. But right now, with this lockdown, I can't leave my state (Abia state).

Hi, I believe Inspector Moshood can handle this for you. Check for his contact on this page and reach out to him. You fill the form, thumb print, scan and send to him with the data page of your passport plus the digital kolanut. I hope you understand what my last word means. He will also send back soft copy of your PCC once completed while you make arrangements to get the hard copy later. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 9:37am On Apr 17, 2020
If you didn't get the money from anywhere. No need for gift deed. You ONLY use gift deed where the money was given to you. Shalom.

paule:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bobocanny: 9:51am On Apr 17, 2020
Kolizomanizo:
It is well..check email. I sent an email. Kindly respond
I have replied you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 10:05am On Apr 17, 2020
ashiwajew:
I am thinking of writing the CBT ielts exam. Please is it advisable to do CBT?
This is really depending on how you adapt to new ideas/change. Many dread CBT for the listening part, but I can tell you there is not much typing to be done during the listening test as it is mainly section 1 and 4 that requires typing mostly. Other sections are usually MCQs that just require clicking, and other part just dragging answers. That said, you are still given pencil and paper for your use if you think it is necessary. In my view, I will suggest you use the pencil to write your answers to section 4 only because that part of the recording is usually fast and a bit tricky in most cases. So writing on paper first and transferring to the screen would allow you follow the conversation to a great extent.

On the reading part, CBT is more convenient in my view as you don't need to be turning pages of papers back and forth. The question is beside the passage. And you can use copy and paste from the question to the answer where necessary. Running your eyes through the screen would also be faster than doing same on paper I believe. Scheming things.

For writing, this is the game changer for me in IELTS CBT. Some of the reasons for this include: the system shows you the number of words you have written, you can easily cut, backspace or realign your writing without the burden of using eraser like in the PBT therefore saving you time. Typing is also much faster than writing manually which in turn will give you more time to review your work for any possible error.

The speaking test is the same for CBT and PBT. An interview session with an examiner.

Overall, the beauty of CBT for me is the 7 days turnaround time for result to be released. The 13 days waiting for PBT is hell given the high stake of the test. You don't want to keep playing the recording of the listening test in your head for 13 days and wondering if you got a spelling right or if you wrote plural when it was supposed to be singular. But in all, you still have to ask yourself if you are ready to adapt to change and test the waters of CBT.

PS: Passing IELTS is first a thing of the mind. Prepare well, understand the tricks, especially in writing and speaking; relax and don't be anxious in the test hall. You will not be caught in the web of taking the test more than once. Cheers.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NStar: 10:08am On Apr 17, 2020
obym321:

Thanks for your reply!

I have used the search button where I found Inspector Moshood 's number, I contacted him yesterday and he said its 7500 if I come to the office and 9500 if I am not coming.

I felt it was too much that's the reason I posted here.

Please how did you later sort this out?
I'm on this page now and I need to cross this bridge
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NStar: 10:10am On Apr 17, 2020
niyogeol:
Hi, I believe Inspector Moshood can handle this for you. Check for his contact on this page and reach out to him. You fill the form, thumb print, scan and send to him with the data page of your passport plus the digital kolanut. I hope you understand what my last word means. He will also send back soft copy of your PCC once completed while you make arrangements to get the hard copy later. Cheers.

Thank you so much. I just found his contact now. I pray he won't cut my neck with price
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2020
NStar:

Thank you so much. I just found his contact now. I pray he won't cut my neck with price
Bargain well. Everyone is in the hustle. Fish chop fish kinda thing to grow. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by michaelf284: 10:25am On Apr 17, 2020
Hello Ify,
Could you get the contact for Unizik transcript? If yes, kindly share.
How long did your verification take?
I sent you a PM to avoid our messages going back and forth on the thread, kindly respond. Thanks ma

ifyonline:
Good Evening All.

Please I need the contact for Unizik Trancript to wes, As well as law School. Please it's urgent.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2020
damiek:
Hello All, Nice job. I did MOD/IELTS on the 21 March and my results were LSRW 9896.5 so I applied for a remark immediately. IELTS then sent an email attaching a refund form and Bank Trf form. Based on the mail I was expecting an upgrade in my online result immediately however nothing has happened. Please how long does it take to put the new result online cos I really want to upgrade my EE fast from my current 467. Kindly assist seniors.
That's an interesting score, congratulations as I think the score has increased. You might need to chill for a little while till this whole pandemic thing subsides before you can get your TRF. The online score update is a 50-50 thing because for some, they had their scores updated online but for many, that's not the case. It's a good thing that FSW draw isn't happening at the moment as well so just chill it out till Lagos suspends the total lockdown.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nedu2144(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2020
damiek:
Hello All, Nice job. I did MOD/IELTS on the 21 March and my results were LSRW 9896.5 so I applied for a remark immediately. IELTS then sent an email attaching a refund form and Bank Trf form. Based on the mail I was expecting an upgrade in my online result immediately however nothing has happened. Please how long does it take to put the new result online cos I really want to upgrade my EE fast from my current 467. Kindly assist seniors.

Pls did u apply on same date u got ur results.
Also how many modules did u request for remark
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 10:43am On Apr 17, 2020
niyogeol:
This is really depending on how you adapt to new ideas/change. Many dread CBT for the listening part, but I can tell you there is not much typing to be done during the listening test as it is mainly section 1 and 4 that requires typing mostly. Other sections are usually MCQs that just require clicking, and other part just dragging answers. That said, you are still given pencil and paper for your use if you think it is necessary. In my view, I will suggest you use the pencil to write your answers to section 4 only because that part of the recording is usually fast and a bit tricky in most cases. So writing on paper first and transferring to the screen would allow you follow the conversation to a great extent.

On the reading part, CBT is more convenient in my view as you don't need to be turning pages of papers back and forth. The question is beside the passage. And you can use copy and paste from the question to the answer where necessary. Running your eyes through the screen would also be faster than doing same on paper I believe. Scheming things.

For writing, this is the game changer for me in IELTS CBT. Some of the reasons for this include: the system shows you the number of words you have written, you can easily cut, backspace or realign your writing without the burden of using eraser like in the PBT therefore saving you time. Typing is also much faster than writing manually which in turn will give you more time to review your work for any possible error.

The speaking test is the same for CBT and PBT. An interview session with an examiner.

Overall, the beauty of CBT for me is the 7 days turnaround time for result to be released. The 13 days waiting for PBT is hell given the high stake of the test. You don't want to keep playing the recording of the listening test in your head for 13 days and wondering if you got a spelling right or if you wrote plural when it was supposed to be singular. But in all, you still have to ask yourself if you are ready to adapt to change and test the waters of CBT.

PS: Passing IELTS is first a thing of the mind. Prepare well, understand the tricks, especially in writing and speaking; relax and don't be anxious in the test hall. You will not be caught in the web of taking the test more than once. Cheers.
The CBT test in my opinion is better. It gives ample time to finish most of the task, especially in writing (if you are proficient with the use of a keyboard).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kampack: 10:51am On Apr 17, 2020
Hello house,
Please anyone with contact for UNIBEN transcript and ready to do the running around for WES documents (if required) in UNIBEN. I'm in Lagos, and the nature of work wouldn't permit me the luxury of time to do this for my wife as she can't travel now due to some issues. I'm ready to pay for the running around. I understand that sometimes, frequent visits to the Dean's office, generation of remita, reminding them of emails from WES even through physical visits etc is required. If not, please anyone who has gotten his/her ECA through UNIBEN, should kindly provide details of how to go about it or contact details of anyone (e.g a facilitator) who could assist on behalf of an applicant and charges a fee. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kampack: 10:55am On Apr 17, 2020
lasignor:
The CBT test in my opinion is better. It gives ample time to finish most of the task, especially in writing (if you are proficient with the use of a keyboard).

Any simulation available?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chigora: 10:56am On Apr 17, 2020
Good morning everyone, I want to apply for SINP under Occupuation in Demand with this NOC code 1221. I have 7 years experience on the job which I have got promoted 2 times on the job. I am still on the job but my current rank now does not bear the job tittle in NOC(as one getting promoted, job title changes) In the Reference letter, is it necessary to state that I have been promoted to my current rank which does not bear the NOC job tittle which I want to apply. Please help me out.
Secondly, does SINP accept CIPM as additional qualifications. Please help me out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by sammirano: 11:00am On Apr 17, 2020
damiek:

Easy bro. Una too know book cool

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by michaelf284: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2020
In several previous pages, someone posted this numbers I attached below for uniben transcript. I didnt use them since my 2nd degree was from UI, I guess it doesnt hurt to call and find out if they can help out.
Cheers

Kampack:
Hello house,
Please anyone with contact for UNIBEN transcript and ready to do the running around for WES documents (if required) in UNIBEN. I'm in Lagos, and the nature of work wouldn't permit me the luxury of time to do this for my wife as she can't travel now due to some issues. I'm ready to pay for the running around. I understand that sometimes, frequent visits to the Dean's office, generation of remita, reminding them of emails from WES even through physical visits etc is required. If not, please anyone who has gotten his/her ECA through UNIBEN, should kindly provide details of how to go about it or contact details of anyone (e.g a facilitator) who could assist on behalf of an applicant and charges a fee. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kampack: 11:16am On Apr 17, 2020
michaelf284:
In several previous pages, someone posted this numbers I attached below for uniben transcript. I didnt use them since my 2nd degree was from UI, I guess it doesnt hurt to call and find out if they can help out.
Cheers

Thanks. I have been calling but they are not picking calls. Will keep trying. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2020
chigora:

Good morning everyone, I want to apply for SINP under Occupuation in Demand with this NOC code 1221. I have 7 years experience on the job which I have got promoted 2 times on the job. I am still on the job but my current rank now does not bear the job tittle in NOC(as one getting promoted, job title changes) In the Reference letter, is it necessary to state that I have been promoted to my current rank which does not bear the NOC job tittle which I want to apply. Please help me out.
Secondly, does SINP accept CIPM as additional qualifications. Please help me out
job duties is all that maters. There is no two or more degree in sinp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by GreaterDC(m): 12:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Any librarian or information professional working in canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
lasignor:
Yes. I believe it is. Just stated my view on it so the fellow could make his decision. And for the typing, nothing too critical. Anyone with fair appreciation of computer should be fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alaraa: 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
NStar:

Hi, in my own case, I wasn't able to submit one of my PCCs due to a delay in transit and submitted my profile with a Letter of Explanation stating the case. I raised a CSE some days after I had submitted my profile and was able to upload the document (no issues were raised by IRCC regarding this and my application got approved).

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by teeboi77: 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Good Afternoon house,Please who has UNILAG contact that can help fast track WES confirmation of transcript,have been on this since February,WES has sent them mail to confirm the document but no response yet,if you have contact,Kindly share with me.Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ashiwajew: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
niyogeol:

Thanks for the detailed feedback
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ogalawyer(m): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
Kampack:
Hello house,
PM me, I have a contact that helped with mine, but it may not be possible during this lockdown. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chigora: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
Kekereekun123:
job duties is all that maters. There is no two or more degree in sinp

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.