Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333901 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
niyogeol:
Relax man. Remember that CRS points can increase or reduce for several reasons. And IELTS is one reason that can lead to increased CRS point as one could retake the test while waiting in the pool. A changed IELTS scores won't come as misrepresentation in as much as the new CRS point did not go below the least point that was used in the draw that fetched the ITA.

I don't think you understand how this whole thing works. You can't put a tentative IELTS score on your application because you need to provide the TRF number as well. And, it is the IELTS that you submitted before ITA that would eventually nail you one. Any chance of improving your scores with IELTS is usually pre-ITA, not post-ITA. If a particular IELTS has gotten you ITA, what's the need of improving your scores? To gain more points when it isn't needed? Perchance you even want to upgrade it post ITA, it has to be completely different TRF number with explanations or you are a goner. So, why put yourself through the ordeal when you already have your ITA?

And IELTS result is usually verified on a closed portal of the test provider. In this case IDP or BC. So as much as what the guy submits in his final eAPR application is the same as what would be found on the site of the exam administrator, then he will be just fine. In other words, no cause for alarm. Don't create fears in people. Cheers.

If you don't understand the process, ask questions. Don't use your ignorance to put people into trouble.

Cheers.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:
that cannot warrant a ban. The result exists one can term it honest mistake if it comes back as 7.5. What vo will look at is does the current score met current crs draw or not. Even with trf at hand one can input wrong band by mistake. As long as it doesn't fall below crs score. Ban will arise if one is using oluwole ielts result
Honest mistake? Really? I will post a link of someone that was denied and slammed with a 5-year ban shortly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
Thonnydon:
Good evening people,

My application for PR was submitted on 26th of July, 2019 and the estimated completion date is 26th of January, 2020.

However, the most recent update on the status of my application is a confirmation of completed biometrics dated 9th of September, 2019. It is almost three months from the estimated date of completion.

I have filled the web form on the site and they replied that my file is located at the Canadian visa office in Accra, Ghana. I have sent a mail to the visa office in Ghana and did not get a response from them.

I'm worried about my application as it looks to be dormant without any update on it. I will appreciate any information that can be of help as the wait is becoming frustrating.
You are going to have to chill for a long while (maybe not too long, if you are lucky) because Accra VO is the slowest amongst all the VOs worldwide. New Delhi sef dey learn lesson from them now.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
lasignor:
You are going to have to chill for a long while (maybe not too long, if you are lucky) because Accra VO is the slowest amomgst all the VOs worldwide. New Delhi sef dey learn lesson from them now.
Lol..Accra has a twin or senior brother o..Montreal VO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Claudiapam: 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hello Everyone.
Pls I am interested in the NOC 6342 Taloring in order to obtain the CanadianPR.
But I don't know how to go about it or were to start.
I am 29yrs old, married with 2 kids.
My IELTS score is band 6.
I have a Barchelors degree and I have done my ECA
I am into Taloring with more than 2yrs of working experience.
I also have my Tarloring certificate.
Pls anyone dat knows the best way to go about this PR should pls help me. You can also message me. My email: claudiajames69@yahoo.com
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dulles25: 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
lasignor:
Go ahead and submit what you have as they are going to verify from the school anyway.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dulles25: 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
niyogeol:
In as much as you have not tampered with the seal or stamp on the enclosing part of the envelope, you should be fine. The date on it is not an issue as IQAS would think the courier company is responsible for the delay.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
lasignor:

If you don't understand the process, ask questions. Don't use your ignorance to put people into trouble.

Cheers.
Is the above necessary? This is a face less forum but there is need for mutual respect. Bye.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
Claudiapam:
Hello Everyone.
Pls I am interested in the NOC 6342 Taloring in order to obtain the CanadianPR.
But I don't know how to go about it or were to start.
I am 29yrs old, married with 2 kids.
My IELTS score is band 6.
I have a Barchelors degree and I have done my ECA
I am into Taloring with more than 2yrs of working experience.
I also have my Tarloring certificate.
Pls anyone dat knows the best way to go about this PR should pls help me. You can also message me. My email: claudiajames69@yahoo.com
Thank you
bsc alone is not enough. You will need an extra degree like pgd or cima or bcs. Ielts you need clb 10(l-8.5,r-8,s-7.5,w-7.5) to meet the scores these days. Read more on page 1 and also simulate scores with the crs tool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mzkomsy(f): 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
SulSah:
I’m in a Telegram group chat that can be helpful

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nedu2144:

I don't think it is applicable to all.
Pls what do you mean by " if the date has not passed"
I sent you a mail pls check. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BumyImagination(f): 1:06am On Apr 20, 2020
Please which short course can I & my spouse do to boost our scores from 395 & 375 respectively. We both have Hnds in Office Management and Elect Elect respectively. We live in Abuja.
Kekereekun123:
bsc alone is not enough. You will need an extra degree like pgd or cima or bcs. Ielts you need clb 10(l-8.5,r-8,s-7.5,w-7.5) to meet the scores these days. Read more on page 1 and also simulate scores with the crs tool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 20, 2020
BumyImagination:

Please which short course can I & my spouse do to boost our scores from 395 & 375 respectively. We both have Hnds in Office Management and Elect Elect respectively. We live in Abuja.
you have hnd which is two or more degrees already. Short course does not apply to you. Only masters can give you more points. Max your ielts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ashiwajew: 7:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Please I need your advise here. My B.Sc certificate bears 2013 but WES evaluation report states 2012 and I filled 2012 on my application profile and in the pool already. Please what’s the implication?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 8:17am On Apr 20, 2020
ashiwajew:
Please I need your advise here. My B.Sc certificate bears 2013 but WES evaluation report states 2012 and I filled 2012 on my application profile and in the pool already. Please what’s the implication?
Seems your statement of result is 2012, right? Some schools does convocation/release of certificate a year after completion of study. If your statement of result is 2012, then upload your SOR instead of the certificate. If you have just certificate, just do a LOE to explain the dates, you will be fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nedu2144(m): 8:30am On Apr 20, 2020
Sapphire11:

I sent y0ou a mail pls check. Thank you

Replied already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ashiwajew: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2020
COPR2020:

Seems your statement of result is 2012, right? Some schools does convocation/release of certificate a year after completion of study. If your statement of result is 2012, then upload your SOR instead of the certificate. If you have just certificate, just do a LOE to explain the dates, you will be fine

I am still in the pool and I am not using SOR at all, I am using my certificate and it bears 2013 but WES evaluation report says 2012 and I filled my profile based on 2012 but I just edited my profile now to 2013 since that is what is on the certificate. Is this okay?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 20, 2020
Nedu2144:

Replied already
Thank you. Please just do this for me, I need you to pls help me with the email address. I lost it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 10:18am On Apr 20, 2020
ashiwajew:

I am still in the pool and I am not using SOR at all, I am using my certificate and it bears 2013 but WES evaluation report says 2012 and I filled my profile based on 2012 but I just edited my profile now to 2013 since that is what is on the certificate. Is this okay?
Its OK. You could add LOE to explain the completion date captured by WES is wrong
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifyonline(f): 10:44am On Apr 20, 2020
This was even stated in the ITA mail self. That any changes made once it doesnt go below your draw crs is ok. I have seen people make mistake on dat thing too. U can put 7 whereas ur score is 8. It can always be edited Post ITA. This Visa officers are not like what u guys termed them to be, they are very very understanding oh. I made alot of corrections on my Post ITA too

Kekereekun123:
that cannot warrant a ban. The result exists one can term it honest mistake if it comes back as 7.5. What vo will look at is does the current score met current crs draw or not. Even with trf at hand one can input wrong band by mistake. As long as it doesn't fall below crs score. Ban will arise if one is using oluwole ielts result
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by omidan21: 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
Morning Family

Please I have a peculiar case at hand here . I am filling my Post ITA PR application. I applied to for a visit visa in 2017 but was refused

So filling the Family information now I can’t recollect if I filled my two step siblings back then in the family information form I used for visit visa in 2017. So I am just stuck in this Information part as I wld love to really add them as per this is the final chance to add any blood relations

The Laptop I used back then was stolen so all information lost.

I checked and searched on this thread and found @veritas explained how to retrieve forms and already submitted application info, that is “ replacing documentsToSubmit.do with applicationChecklist.do and hit enter.” but it’s not showing me access to download the forms . All of the sections are greyed out except the section for the visit visa form and the family info form but when I clicked at the family info form it was blank .

I am quite confused I can’t request GCMS note now as there is no time I am submitting latest tomorrow
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2020
ifyonline:
This was even stated in the ITA mail self. That any changes made once it doesnt go below your draw crs is ok. I have seen people make mistake on dat thing too. U can put 7 whereas ur score is 8. It can always be edited Post ITA. This Visa officers are not like what u guys termed them to be, they are very very understanding oh. I made alot of corrections on my Post ITA too

Some people think they are robots grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2020
omidan21:
Morning Family

Please I have a peculiar case at hand here . I am filling my Post ITA PR application. I applied to for a visit visa in 2017 but was refused

So filling the Family information now I can’t recollect if I filled my two step siblings back then in the family information form I used for visit visa in 2017. So I am just stuck in this Information part as I wld love to really add them as per this is the final chance to add any blood relations

The Laptop I used back then was stolen so all information lost.

No need to panic. Add them now. Even if you were able to go back and see your old TRV application and they were not included, would you based on that decide to leave them out now?

If you are very bothered, do an LOE about your previous application and the fact that you may have left your step siblings out of that application.

All the best.

Update: double check if the application asks for step - or half - siblings and respond accordingly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ausn: 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2020
Kekereekun123:
welcome to accra those that submitted over a year ago still no show. After this whole corona ish they should release the pprs

Yes, you're right. We all need prayers and patience. Mine is already over 13 months: AOR was March 2019. Eligibility passed, only outstanding is security not started...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifyonline(f): 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2020
Lol.

COPR2020:

Some people think they are robots grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ovielistic: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
lasignor:
It is the easiest right about now. Except you are a Doctor or a Nurse, then UK is easier.

Absolutely
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SamUnai: 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2020
SHOULD I RELOCATE OR STAY
PS: This is a personal View as a PR in Canada
I will do my best to give an honest view . LONG POST
HOW IT STARTED.
January 4th, 2016 I resumed like every other colleague, after the morning prayers and HNY wishes, i realized I could not sign-in into my system. I tried all I could but no way and as a banker with 4 years experience we all know what that means. SACK. As usual my BM called me in and I wrote my resignation letter (reason why bank do this, is what I don’t know). I gather my few things and left before leaving my BM also mentioned to me that it was not because of under performance but rather is due to the fact that I don’t have BSC but HND. I told him no wahala with my eyes filled with tears left his office. What a way to start the year.
Around 5PM that same day a senior colleague called me and asked if I was free (them don sack me what else could I be doing) I told him I was free and he asked me to meet him up at restaurant . I didn’t want to go at first cus I suspected it will be one of those sermon of you know sack is not the end of life but I sha manage to go. Before he started talking to me , he brought out his BB and showed me a picture of his passport with the Canadian VISA. In my mind hope this Benin man doesn’t want to tell me about abroad cus and not interested. Then he asked quietly have you heard about Canada express entry I said no. what of Canadian PR I said no boss. Then he said do you know you are very lucky with this your HND? Me? How?, he went further to explain the whole process to me stage by stage, how I will get more point with this my HND , At this point he has started to arouse my interest , then he went further to tell me the benefit of a Canadian PR , I was still trying to arrange everything he just said in my head when baba showed me his flight details ahh he is traveling next month oo in fact he said he want to do VAL in Canada with his family. You need to see the ginger in my body I drove home.

IELTS
Wrote once and passed LRWS 8877.5(practiced for 4weeks morning afternoon evening and night. No job so that was my work at that time.
OTHER STAGES.
It was very easy from WES-ITA-PCC-MED-AOR-PR-COPR.
It was straight forward. It took 4 months and 2weeks from AOR-PR. (Those days we don’t bother about VO just submit and leave it in the hands of God).
PR -18TH August 2016
CORP-10TH September 2016

D DAY TO TRAVEL.
I arranged my bags, mumsy don pray for me already, I woke up early that morning and prayed my rosary then cab man show as planned and it was straight to the airport.
I started feeling somehow oo while at the airport, all my enthusiasm vanished, fear began to set in if relocating was the right thing to do. But I quickly waved it off and located my gate. I landed in Toronto at exactly 11:40am on the 16th of November 2016 via ET air. Nothing really fascinating about the flight. I watched movies, ate what they gave us and slept majority of the time

ARRIVAL
On the day of arrival, we landed successfully , I asked questions on where to go and peeps over here were ready to assist with a smile (in my mind I said e be like say the place go good oo) did documentation and register for SIN, I was asked if I came with my whole POF , I told her I came with little but will wire the rest once am settled , she said ok and Welcome to Canada(in my mind again so this woman nu even reason weda I dey lie or talk true hmmmm). I got to the Air Canada desk to collect boarding pass only for them to tell me that flight to Calgary where am headed just left( in my mind I screamed MY FATHER MY FATHER) before I could say anything she said calmly ,Don’t worry we will reschedule you for the next flight to YYC.¬(WHICH ONE BE YYC AGAIN) her colleague saw my face and quickly said Calgary . Waited for 3hrs before the next flight. During this period of waiting I started thinking about my life again, the airport is so Big and clean plus free wifi(that is fast ooo). We sha left and we arrived in Calgary around 9 or 10pm can’t remember. That my colleague that told me about the process was waiting for me. We moved straight to his apartment, and the wife gave me a hot sweet pepper jollof rice and chicken . I had my bath and slept. The next day I opened account and did some few things (no big deal with does stuff)

JOB HUNTING.
I applied for all sort of job and opening this was the advice I got from that my boss. After 4days which was on a Tuesday a security firm sent me a mail for an online interview via skype , during the interview(for naija na interrogation we they do nu be interview) the man said he can see from my resume that I did some course in Health Safety and environment ( you know that HSE 1,2 and 3 Course that we did during NYSC na for those of us hoping to get oil job, ehen na that course I dey talk,) I said yes and he asked politely if I will rather like to work as a safety officer (like I get choice) I said I don’t mind and he went further to say that is 3 dollar/hr higher in pay than the security officer but I will have to undergo some training if am chosen ( at this point I know say them don collect me)Gbam the Evening of that day I got a success mail(Na so e dey fast?). From this point I moved to other job, to another job, until my current job which I have done for about a year plus. PS: When coming to Canada ehh please come with every certificate you have I beg you because you don’t know the one that will open that door for you even that SAED for NYSC come with am, those short course/training you did in your office come with the certificate abeg. You might get a lot of blue collar jobs at first please accept the once you can do and hit the ground running. The goal is not to spend more than 20% of your POF and Save the rest.

HEALTH CARE,
I have little to say here as hardly visit the Hospital except for the time my wife gave birth last year, my brother we were treated like VIPs oo had to ask and I was told our insurance covered every,I was also told that’s how everybody is treated . Hospital so Clean like 5 star hotel, smells nice, doctors and nurse smiling, I even met one naija lady self nurse Adaobi . See gifts na, from the hospital to colleagues o to my wife office people. It was amazing. Leave was close to 35weeks or so.

RENT
Cut your coat according to your material and not size. There is also nothing serious about this too, if you are prudent and know where you are coming from , you can pay for your rent and utility monthly and even have some change. We moved into our own apartment (mortgage) early this year before the Covid-19 wahala.

TRANSPORTATION.
There is a large transportation network that encompasses everywhere ranging from Buses to Trains. There is also an app for it, it contains routes and timetable of movement. Plus fare is very cheap. I think is $3 for one way or so. Haven’t uses in a while.

COST OF LIVING IN CANADA (Calgary)
The cost here is relatively fare compare to other province. the rent is also not too expensive , is usually between 1k for a condo to 2500 for a 4bedroom. Shopping is also relatively fare with 200-300 dollar you can shop for everything you need within the month. The basic thing is that irrespective of what you earn as a new comer combine with at least 50% of you POF you should be ready to hit the ground running and in no time you can return that POF back to your saving account. So as a starter as we call them in my office, $1500 should be enough to get u going (min wage in Alberta still ranges from $14-$18/hr)

SOCIAL LIFE.
Here is a bit boring sha if you are already used to the naija Lagos life. But you can make it happen it you choose to and also have the time.

CONCLUSION.
You will need to ask yourself some questions.
Is this what I want, what kind of life do I want my children to have, if am not a VERY RICH man can they attend good schools here? or even have good health care, if I don’t have connection or know people in high places after my BSC or Masters can I at least get a decent job? If for example my parents don’t have money to sent me to college\university will the government give me a grant to go to school?. If I come to work one morning and i have been sacked is there an employment insurance that can cover me before I secure another job?. With this my current job and pay can I at least get a decent car or how many years do I need to save so I can’t get a house of my own(even doh is via mortgage ). If they kidnap any member of my family, will the total money I have saved be enough for the ransom?. If anything happens to me today, what becomes of my wife and children?. If I want to iron your cloths do i need to pray to God for electricity?, If I continue on this job in this country will I ever break even if I don’t steal or go into prostitution (that is self sustainability). Some folks will tell you that you have to work for every penny you spend and I ask them how else do you intend to get a penny if you don’t work, but they fail to tell you that for everything you pay for you get 100% value or won’t you rather want to have a passport/status that allows you travel to other countries without so much fear of Visa denial
Finally it is also true that the main reason is not to come and make money but to live a sane life, Now this is me telling you that if you work diligently, going for what you need instead of what you want, be prudent especially when you just arrive, in no distant time you will drive that nice car you see on TV and move into your own house, you know why? Canada rewards hard working people.
NOTE: You are free to ask me any question and I will answer. Also pardon the typos. Once again this is my OWN experience. This is also my first post although i usually visit here when am less busy at work and I will say I love the commitment and effort you guys put just to get it right

138 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nedu2144:

Replied already
Thank you. Nairaland notified me of the email but I dont have access to the email address cos I lost it. That's why I want you to help me copy and paste the email address here. I hope you can help with that. I'd really appreciate it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Neam9: 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2020
Kekereekun123:
the normal draw everyone ia qualified if you meet cut off. E.g CEC, FSW inland, FSW outland, PNP, FST

Oh thanks.. So now they are doing the draws differently?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by supertonex(m): 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nice nice.

Congratulations.

[quote author=SamUnai post=88665705] SHOULD I RELOCATE OR STAY
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Unstoppableymx(m): 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
SamUnai:
SHOULD I RELOCATE OR STAY

Congratulations bro, what an amazing and motivating post. I pray to share my breakthrough testimony someday soon also.

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.