Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333624 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Iambowcreek: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:
raise cse to inform them.
Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
damiek:
Please advise seniors. I've not gotten the remark result but I think it will be an increase from 6.5 to 7. So I want to enter the pool even without seeing the remark result with a 7 in writing. Do I wait or go ahead. I don't think there is a possibility of getting it increased to 7.5
IELTS scores can still be changed post ITA; it shouldn't just give less CRS point than that of the ITA.

But the issue now is how do you know which component of the test result changed? If you have a 7 in the writing test, what would be your CRS point? If it is negligible and can fetch you ITA without the tie breaking rule, I will suggest you wait until you get the TRF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
damiek:
For IDP, the TRF no is on the online result. It is at the bottom. Can I be wrong? Kindly check if possible
Unfortunately I can't tell. IDP delivers TRF to one's address in my locality within 7 days of the CBT test. So I didn't have any reason to note where the number is written on the online portal.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nedu2144(m): 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:
idp updates the online record as long as the date has not passed

I don't think it is applicable to all.
Pls what do you mean by " if the date has not passed"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by damiek: 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
It was only writing I remarked so that should be the only component that will change. If I upgrade my writing to 7 then my score will be 470. You will agree that 467 to 470 is not negligible coupled with the fact that I don't want to take chances thinking scores will drop to 466 ( don't get me wrong as I pray it even drops alot lower so alot of us will get ITA). Just doing my permutations. My only fear is if I put 7.0 and the remark says 7.5 them I already would have put 7 on EE profile and ITA comes. Can I upgrade to 7.5 post ITA?
niyogeol:
IELTS scores can still be changed post ITA; it shouldn't just give less CRS point than that of the ITA.

But the issue now is how do you know which component of the test result changed? If you have a 7 in the writing test, what would be your CRS point? If it is negligible and can fetch you ITA without the tie breaking rule, I will suggest you wait until you get the TRF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
Nedu2144:

I don't think it is applicable to all.
Pls what do you mean by " if the date has not passed"
the online result is only available for. A specified amount of days. So if the remark comes after that date you cant check online. This is as at last year dont know if things have changed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
Eraytee:
Thanks bro, i have a Msc degree. French lesson is not available in my location. Its a long cut but we have other plans. It will end in praise.

Yes it definitely will. I wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
damiek:
It was only writing I remarked so that should be the only component that will change. If I upgrade my writing to 7 then my score will be 470. You will agree that 467 to 470 is not negligible coupled with the fact that I don't want to take chances thinking scores will drop to 466 ( don't get me wrong as I pray it even drops alot lower so alot of us will get ITA). Just doing my permutations. My only fear is if I put 7.0 and the remark says 7.5 them I already would have put 7 on EE profile and ITA comes. Can I upgrade to 7.5 post ITA?
risky.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by damiek: 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2020
But it's been agreed that TRF no doesn't change ( original result and remarked result have same TRf no)
Kekereekun123:
risky. Your TRF number has also changed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Maryduke: 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
Localboy91:

You can write an LOE stating why he doesn’t have his medical ( Probably due to the shut down). Place the LOE in his medical placeholder in the application. Inform IRCC that you will send his medical once you have it. Immediately he is able to do his medical, raise a CSE and send it to IRCc
Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thonnydon: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Good evening people,

My application for PR was submitted on 26th of July, 2019 and the estimated completion date is 26th of January, 2020.

However, the most recent update on the status of my application is a confirmation of completed biometrics dated 9th of September, 2019. It is almost three months from the estimated date of completion.

I have filled the web form on the site and they replied that my file is located at the Canadian visa office in Accra, Ghana. I have sent a mail to the visa office in Ghana and did not get a response from them.

I'm worried about my application as it looks to be dormant without any update on it. I will appreciate any information that can be of help as the wait is becoming frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by pwwears(m): 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
hello good evening
my name is biodun.....kuddos to them gurus here...
please have tried to browse throw the threads and i understand the procedure to take but i have one challenge here....
Am a Bsc holder since 2015 30yrs old
but have never used it to work since then, i run a company that i just registered this year but have been running it for a while now and also do printing....please how to i go about the work experience . the only work experience i can think of is 1year NYSC which am not sure can work.
please is there any entrepreneur that have done this travel process atall?,
I intend to apply as married and spouse have Bsc too serving at the moment...

any advice please kindly help thanks
for the record i have an online store of over 3years i dont know if that can work...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jagaban17: 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thanks so much. Appreciate.
thelma76:
Hello, you have some time before then to improve dear! 37 isn't bad at all! Dare I say, if you can get 37 in a practise test, you're close to 39 or 40 in the real exam. Some exercises are tougher than others so you can drop lower than usual sometimes, that's normal. Just keep practicing till there's a good average in sight!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
damiek:
But it's been agreed that TRF no doesn't change ( original result and remarked result have same TRf no)
sorry only date changes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thonnydon:
Good evening people,

My application for PR was submitted on 26th of July, 2019 and the estimated completion date is 26th of January, 2020.

However, the most recent update on the status of my application is a confirmation of completed biometrics dated 9th of September, 2019. It is almost three months from the estimated date of completion.

I have filled the web form on the site and they replied that my file is located at the Canadian visa office in Accra, Ghana. I have sent a mail to the visa office in Ghana and did not get a response from them.

I'm worried about my application as it looks to be dormant without any update on it. I will appreciate any information that can be of help as the wait is becoming frustrating.
welcome to accra those that submitted over a year ago still no show. After this whole corona ish they should release the pprs

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ovielistic: 5:26am On Apr 19, 2020
ProudBiafran:

Sorry for not being clear.

What I mean is use other means like study visas, entrepreneur visas, etc.

For instance, study in Europe or elsewhere.

I am saying do not put all your eggs into the Canada basket. Especially if you have a good job where you are.

Unless you are desperate to enter Canada.

I studied in Europe but it's not so easy..dont deceive yourself. Canada system is one of the relatively easy immigration system unlike others..particularly Europe.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dulles25: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2020
Hello everyone, I trust all is well.

I received my certified and sealed transcripts and Certificate from my school in November, however, before I got to send it to IQAS for evaluation, they put a notice indicating they would not receive any new applications until May 2020.

I still have the sealed documents with me, in the same state. Will I need to get the transcripts from my school again certified in a recent date or I can just submit this one dated November last year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 8:23am On Apr 19, 2020
Dante02:
Hello gurus, pls I need help... I am filling our express entry profile and I got confused about the education history. My wife is the PA. Her masters program was meant to be one year, 2017/2018. But she failed one first semester course And had to retake it the following session which is 2018/2019.

So what duration will I fill for her masters degree. From when to when?
Because the transcript broke it down in details i.e 2017/2018- 2018/2019 but the statement of result says 2018/2019
Please follow what's on your ECA report. Ignore the date on your certificate. There's a place on WES website where they addressed this kind of issue (check FAQ section). In your case, the program finished in 2018 but your wife didn't meet the requirements for a certificate to be issued, that's why it wasn't issued in 2018 at the completion of the program hence the 2019 end date.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 8:25am On Apr 19, 2020
Dulles25:

I received my certified and sealed transcripts and Certificate from my school in November, however, before I got to send it to IQAS for evaluation, they put a notice indicating they would not receive any new applications until May 2020.

I still have the sealed documents with me, in the same state. Will I need to get the transcripts from my school again certified in a recent date or I can just submit this one dated November last year?
Go ahead and submit what you have as they are going to verify from the school anyway.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 19, 2020
pwwears:
hello good evening
my name is biodun.....kuddos to them gurus here...
please have tried to browse throw the threads and i understand the procedure to take but i have one challenge here....
Am a Bsc holder since 2015 30yrs old
but have never used it to work since then, i run a company that i just registered this year but have been running it for a while now and also do printing....please how to i go about the work experience . the only work experience i can think of is 1year NYSC which am not sure can work.
please is there any entrepreneur that have done this travel process atall?,
I intend to apply as married and spouse have Bsc too serving at the moment...

any advice please kindly help thanks
for the record i have an online store of over 3years i dont know if that can work...
you can use your online business as experience. Search on nairaland for those tho used self employed route. You need an extra degree to stand a chance. Bsc alone wont cut it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 8:29am On Apr 19, 2020
damiek:
Please advise seniors. I've not gotten the remark result but I think it will be an increase from 6.5 to 7. So I want to enter the pool even without seeing the remark result with a 7 in writing. Do I wait or go ahead. I don't think there is a possibility of getting it increased to 7.5
Stop playing Ludo with your immigration chances. IRCC terms what you are about to do as misrepresentation and this can make them decline your PR application post ITA. You can even nail a ban of up to 5years for misrepresentation and it spans across all immigration program into Canada.

My advice? Wait for the TRF and sort when you have it. It's better to wait for two months than to get banned for 5years.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 8:31am On Apr 19, 2020
ovielistic:

I studied in Europe but it's not so easy..dont deceive yourself. Canada system is one of the relatively easy immigration system unlike others..particularly Europe.
It is the easiest right about now. Except you are a Doctor or a Nurse, then UK is easier.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 8:52am On Apr 19, 2020
Dante02:
Hello gurus, pls I need help... I am filling our express entry profile and I got confused about the education history. My wife is the PA. Her masters program was meant to be one year, 2017/2018. But she failed one first semester course And had to retake it the following session which is 2018/2019.

So what duration will I fill for her masters degree. From when to when?
Because the transcript broke it down in details i.e 2017/2018- 2018/2019 but the statement of result says 2018/2019
2017 to 2019...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PR2020(f): 8:52am On Apr 19, 2020
If you go thru the thread, you'll see that there are a few of us in the same boat.

My advice, keep busy. I'm 10 months and 4 day post AOR, still waiting. Also in Accra visa office.
As someone else said, we hope visas will be released after the lockdown/Stay at home period.

Thonnydon:
Good evening people,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lateralmaths(m): 9:15am On Apr 19, 2020
Monopoly1:
Hello, has anyone written IELTS in warri centre since it was created. How was it like in terms of how organised and coordinated. Sincere opinions please. Please can anyone reply.Thanks alot

Hello all. Please I am also interested in this. Has anyone written IELTS in Warri, is there a centre in Warri?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2020
lasignor:
Stop playing Ludo with your immigration chances. IRCC terms what you are about to do as misrepresentation and this can make them decline your PR application post ITA. You can even nail a ban of up to 5years for representation and it spans across all immigration program into Canada.

My advice? Wait for the TRF and sort when you have it. It's better to wait for two months than to get banned for 5years.
that cannot warrant a ban. The result exists one can term it honest mistake if it comes back as 7.5. What vo will look at is does the current score met current crs draw or not. Even with trf at hand one can input wrong band by mistake. As long as it doesn't fall below crs score. Ban will arise if one is using oluwole ielts result

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2020
lasignor:
Please follow what's on your ECA report. Ignore the date on your certificate. There's a place on WES website where they addressed this kind of issue (check FAQ section). In your case, the program finished in 2018 but your wife didn't meet the requirements for a certificate to be issued, that's why it wasn't issued in 2018 at the completion of the program hence the 2019 end date.
This is misleading. Graduation year is usually what the certificate bears. Extra semester in school is pushing/has pushed completion date forward.

For instance, if Mr A was to graduate with his set in February 2014 but didn't due to extra semester which the person then sat the exam again and passed say in January 2015. Would the person's certificate bear the same date as those of his/her mates who have graduated in due time? The answer to this question is what the poster needs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 10:45am On Apr 19, 2020
lasignor:
Stop playing Ludo with your immigration chances. IRCC terms what you are about to do as misrepresentation and this can make them decline your PR application post ITA. You can even nail a ban of up to 5years for representation and it spans across all immigration program into Canada.

Relax man. Remember that CRS points can increase or reduce for several reasons. And IELTS is one reason that can lead to increased CRS point as one could retake the test while waiting in the pool. A changed IELTS scores won't come as misrepresentation in as much as the new CRS point did not go below the least point that was used in the draw that fetched the ITA.

And IELTS result is usually verified on a closed portal of the test provider. In this case IDP or BC. So as much as what the guy submits in his final eAPR application is the same as what would be found on the site of the exam administrator, then he will be just fine. In other words, no cause for alarm. Don't create fears in people. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 10:50am On Apr 19, 2020
Dulles25:

In as much as you have not tampered with the seal or stamp on the enclosing part of the envelope, you should be fine. The date on it is not an issue as IQAS would think the courier company is responsible for the delay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Baratheon: 10:56am On Apr 19, 2020
niyogeol:
This is misleading. Graduation year is usually what the certificate bears. Extra semester in school is pushing/has pushed completion date forward.

For instance, if Mr A was to graduate with his set in February 2014 but didn't due to extra semester which the person then sat the exam again and passed say in January 2015. Would the person's certificate bear the same date as those of his/her mates who have graduated in due time? The answer to this question is what the poster needs.
This post caught my attention.

A friend of mine is having a similar challenge.

She finished from Uniben pharmacy in 2016 and was awarded two degrees: Bpharm and PharmD. Even though both program looks continuous, the school treats them as separate degrees and even issue two certificates, statement of result and even separate transcripts.

Both certificates/SOR carry the same date of graduation (2016), but her ECA carries 2015. When she contacted her licensing body, she was told that they evaluated only the Bpharm, as it is the minimum requirement they needed for her evaluation. They didn't consider the PharmD part at all. From their interpretation, she completed her Bpharm in 2015. That's what they're concerned with.

In essence, what should she write in her year of graduation? Any need for LOE in this scenario?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
Baratheon:
This post caught my attention.

A friend of mine is having a similar challenge.

She finished from Uniben pharmacy in 2016 and was awarded two degrees: Bpharm and PharmD. Even though both program looks continuous, the school treats them as separate degrees and even issue two certificates, statement of result and even separate transcripts.

Both certificates/SOR carry the same date of graduation (2016), but her ECA carries 2015. When she contacted her licensing body, she was told that they evaluated only the Bpharm, as it is the minimum requirement they needed for her evaluation. They didn't consider the PharmD part at all. From their interpretation, she completed her Bpharm in 2015. That's what they're concerned with.

In essence, what should she write in her year of graduation? Any need for LOE in this scenario?

She should go with the date on his Statement of Result. Date on ECA does not matter. What VO is after is the qualification and canadian equivalent. The date on the Statement of result is what they consider as that has day, month and year unlike ECA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by scholar: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
Congratulations!
Thank you for sharing you experience on job search...This is the first hearing about personal reference. I am currently working on my CV to fit Canada standards and I will start my application.

I will like to join the April 2020 AOR group. Those that have it should please share the link.
bests:
This is my Testimony…It can only be God

Timeline (6 months post AOR)
CIC Account created – 20th March 2018
IELTS 5 attempt: LRWS – 8.0,7,7.5,8.5
ECA: WES -BSC and Masters
Score: 464
ITA: 5th September 2018
AOR: 15th October 2018
Biometrics: 14 November 2019
MEP: 9 January 2019
PPR: 10 April 2019
COPR: 25 April 2019
Landed in Canada: 11 June 2019
First Job- 12th August 2019
VO: Ottawa
Single Applicant.
I started applying for jobs from Nigeria and I did my first interview on telephone though when I reached Canada the Job was gone but through friend referral, I did Job test same week I arrived in Canada- I had to choose between two(2) offers, yea, LinkedIn helped in Job search and so is personal referral (Personal referral is actually the best and can be established using LinkedIn).

Today is April 18th and I have already spent 10months of great experience in Canada...I needed to share this because I promised God to give this testimony on this platform

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.