Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1334870 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Limitlessbond: 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
mykelbrown:
Dear all, Kindly help a novice here, im a graduate with HND, am i expected to write other certification exams to claim 2 or more certificate?

If you have HND, it implies U already have ND which when combined will should give U to or more degree/certificate already. So no need for certification exam.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Timbuktu14(m): 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
ayandee:
thanks. Sorry to bother you further. Will it be the same if i'm using accompanying spouse's treasury bill?
You don't have access to your spouse's treasury bills so this won't be viable. You probably need to crash the investment and move the money to either a joint account with a signatory proof from the bank or have the money moved to your personal bank account then do a gift deed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
ayandee:
thanks. Sorry to bother you further. Will it be the same if i'm using accompanying spouse's treasury bill?
why not
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Timbuktu14:
You don't have access to your spouse's treasury bills so this won't be viable. You probably need to crash the investment and move the money to either a joint account with a signatory proof from the bank or have the money moved to your personal bank account then do a gift deed.
wrong. a simple letter of consent from the spouse is all that is required.

Citizenship and Immigrations Canada
Centralized Intake Office (CIO)
P.O Box 8500
Sydney,
Nova Scotia
BIP 0C4 – Canada

Dear Visa Officer,
LETTER OF CONSENT
I, XXXXXXXX, an accompany spouse, hereby give a consent for my wife, XXXXX , to use the funds in the account submitted for our permanent residency application.
I also will like to confirm that the fund which is held as fixed deposit with XXXX Bank of Nigeria is available and with full access to her for the settlement of our family in Canada.
I have no objection in handling these funds over to my wife for settlement in Canada.

Yours faithfully

XXXXXX XXXXXXX

32 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Timbuktu14:
With a masters degree, you need CLB 10 in atleast one module to nail 470s. I'd always advise people to aim at maxing out IELTS - as hard as it sounds. It's doable, people just have to put in the hardwork.
he wants to use two or more degrees not masters
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ochampions(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
Liispa:

Would advise you to
Please, can husband and wife use the same WES account or ref number or they do separate WES registration to have their ECA done?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MamaJoJo: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
Timbuktu14:
That is not true as long as the spouse is accompanying you all you need a letter of authority from said spouse given you the primary applicant access to the funds. You don’t need to crash or move the money
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MamaJoJo: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
ochampions:

Please, can husband and wife use the same WES account or ref number or they do separate WES registration to have their ECA done?
Thanks.
Separate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
ochampions:

Thanks.

You will create separate accounts please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iwinosajack: 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
Dennyjuff:
Good morning guys, please I really need y’alls advice. I’m about to start out on my canadian journey but given the present status of things, my score is at 430 -440 and I think that’s low compared to what’s obtainable now. My plan is to get an additional degree,study hard for d highest band in ielts and my score will be at 470 but that’d be a year from now as I intend to do a pgd...

My question is, should I just go ahead and enter d pool now and hope for a provincial nomination as an administrative assistant

Can my husband and I open two separate EE profiles hoping for provincial nomination on either of them. He’s an Engineer.

Or should we just wait till next year when scores will be higher. Please please advice . Thank you

Yeah, you & ur husband can create two separate profiles. You as principal applicant in one & ur husband as principal applicant in the other one. But you have to cancel one after you get nomination or ITA

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iwinosajack: 6:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
chukwuemeka275:

Perhaps you missed it.
I advice people to stay clear of Quebéc during this journey unless you did TEF. The rejection message I got said 'I did not have the necessary requirements to reside there'. Obviously French speaking ability!

Quebec doesn’t participate in express entry system. The province of Quebec has its own immigration system. Even if you can speak french & have TEF, ur application will be refused if you applied thru express entry & you intend to live in Quebec

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by senseilekxzy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
I don't know all the rules about this forum but I think there's something about sharing phone numbers blah blah

[quote author=kennedychinedu post=90386432]
Lwkm see how your writing the number, some spelt out and some in figures. Are you a Nigerian at all cheesy grin[/quote
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chukwuemeka275(m): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
Berle:
Hello, please I have a question on the bolded because I saw your recent posts about it and had to dig further. I'm post AOR and I selected 'all provinces' as where I would like to live in when filling out my EE profile. However Quebec wasn't on that list. Hope I wouldn't have any issues? Was it the same section where you selected Quebec or I'm missing something.

It's okay.
Quebéc is not in that list. But at a later stage in your application, you will be asked about location where you hope to reside. At that point kindly avoid Quebéc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Berle: 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
chukwuemeka275:

It's okay.
Quebéc is not in that list. But at a later stage in your application, you will be asked about location where you hope to reside. At that point kindly avoid Quebéc
thanks! I guess you mean Post ITA. I think I remember selecting just a province then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by moneybag007(m): 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hi friends,

I've got a question begging for answer for quite a while. I heard IELTS is easier to pass in Dubai. Can I go to Dubai to write IELTS and come back to naija to apply for permanent resident?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
moneybag007:
Hi friends,

I've got a question begging for answer for quite a while. I heard IELTS is easier to pass in Dubai. Can I go to Dubai to write IELTS and come back to naija to apply for permanent resident?

Doesn't matter where you take the ielts, u can apply for the Canadian PR anywhere in the world. Ielts is same globally.

However, as regards the ease to pass the ielts and location, it's quite funny cos this isn't the first time I am hearing this... Infact, a friend took it here in Naija 9 times and had issues but when he traveled to the US, he passed in his first attempt there. Are our village people affecting us here in Naija?? Lolz. Though I kinda believe it's the same standard, it's just a mind thing backed with luck and chance. Lolz

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Threemg: 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
damsel143:
Not yet.

Do you've anyone?

Yeah
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chukwuemeka275(m): 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
Berle:
thanks! I guess you mean Post ITA. I think I remember selecting just a province then.

Correct!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Oritsejimi(f): 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
MamaJoJo:

To be honest it’s a longer route but this days it better to have an option especially if your CRS is low.
Go online to Mordern page and read more and check if your NOC is on their list

Okay, thanks a bunch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Sewizzy51: 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Please o, I need help with my unilag msc transcript too. Can I send you a personal message?
ThowLou:

Have you gotten any assistance on this? Might be able to help. You can send me a personal message
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Timbuktu14(m): 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
ednut1:
he wants to use two or more degrees not masters
If he's under 30, he needs CLB 10 in at least 3 modules to be in the 470s. Maxing out IELTS if he's using two or more degrees and under 30 would give him 474.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Timbuktu14(m): 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
ednut1:
wrong. a simple letter of consent from the spouse is all that is required.

Citizenship and Immigrations Canada
Centralized Intake Office (CIO)
P.O Box 8500
Sydney,
Nova Scotia
BIP 0C4 – Canada

Dear Visa Officer,
LETTER OF CONSENT
I, XXXXXXXX, an accompany spouse, hereby give a consent for my wife, XXXXX , to use the funds in the account submitted for our permanent residency application.
I also will like to confirm that the fund which is held as fixed deposit with XXXX Bank of Nigeria is available and with full access to her for the settlement of our family in Canada.
I have no objection in handling these funds over to my wife for settlement in Canada.

Yours faithfully

XXXXXX XXXXXXX
Thanks for the insight. I wasn't sure, hence the "probably".

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dammie0904: 10:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Please is there a particular format the letter from the bank is supposed to take? Or the bank is going to know how to go about it??

Zeus04:

From my experience, I'd advice u submit both to avoid long thing. Also, if you have an existing mutual fund account, it's best you use it instead of a regular bank statement. If not, a bank statement and letter from your bank should suffice.

I have seen where ADR was raised for someone cos the account statement he submitted had transaction history from betting companies... They asked him to provide tax history cos in Canada, as a gambler, you pay tax. However, this kinda scrutiny is all dependent on your case officer

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
Please, did you Google all these and you didn't find the answer before coming here??

Theta1:
Pls can somebody help me with the following Exam fee (Either exam fee and tutorial fee where applicable):
1. ACCA
2. CIMA
3. BCS
4. TEF

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Theta1: 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
bekayy:
Please, did you Google all these and you didn't find the answer before coming here??

No vex
Mabinu

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by moneybag007(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
It's actually not the same standard as you stated. With my findings, IELTS believes Nigerians were colonised by Britain so they expect us to be vast and sound in the use of English when compared with the UAE that do not speak English pretty much. Dubai people do not understand English as much as Nigerians so their IELTS is far simpler than Nigeria's. I hope you gat the drift? I stand to be corrected my people...

I'm happy you've cleared my doubt that I can write it anywhere in the world. I would prefer going to write it in Dubai so as to ace it once and for all...

Thanks

Zeus04:

Doesn't matter where you take the ielts, u can apply for the Canadian PR anywhere in the world. Ielts is same globally.

However, as regards the ease to pass the ielts and location, it's quite funny cos this isn't the first time I am hearing this... Infact, a friend took it here in Naija 9 times and had issues but when he traveled to the US, he passed in his first attempt there. Are our village people affecting us here in Naija?? Lolz. Though I kinda believe it's the same standard, it's just a mind thing backed with luck and chance. Lolz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Timbuktu14(m): 11:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
moneybag007:
It's actually not the same standard as you stated. With my findings, IELTS believes Nigerians were colonised by Britain so they expect us to be vast and sound in the use of English when compared with the UAE that do not speak English pretty much. Dubai people do not understand English as much as Nigerians so their IELTS is far simpler than Nigeria's. I hope you gat the drift? I stand to be corrected my people...

I'm happy you've cleared my doubt that I can write it anywhere in the world. I would prefer going to write it in Dubai so as to ace it once and for all...

Thanks

Have you seen the scores of those Indians? cheesy

Do you really want to dash the dubai government more money on top the IELTS that you can easily ace here if you practice hard?

Lol. How funny.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dammie0904: 11:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
Don't mind him! You want to travel out to write IELTS exams?? The money plenty for him hand na,you no see him name?? Moneybag!! Why not go to Canada to write the IELTS exams?? Nigerians and different funny mentality. People that are passing IELTS exams here in Nigeria get 2heads?? All the best! Let's know when you pass

Timbuktu14:
Have you seen the scores of those Indians? cheesy

Do you really want to dash the dubai government more money on top the IELTS that you can easily ace here if you practice hard?

Lol. How funny.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 11:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hopefully

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 08, 2020
isaacola57:
can I private chat you cuz I and my friends are about doing it.. sent you a request check mail

I can't check my mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.