Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1329489 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kennedychinedu: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2020
The hammer wey Cipm and Cima go hammer this year ehn. See how Canada waka is making people do certification. How are we sure CIPM and CIMA dont have hidden contract with IRCC. Loooooool.

CIPM and CIMA will soon be like IELTS. By force by fire.

That was how WAEC used some people to hammer small for verification then it was cancelled chai. Loool

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olayinkareal1: 10:26am On Jun 23, 2020
Hello all, please I would appreciate your help on this;

For a family process, is it a must that the wife bears the husband's name/surname?

Lastly, if you are not the lead applicant, do you also need to submit a reference letter from your work?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alaraa: 11:02am On Jun 23, 2020
No it is not a must.

If you're able to change your passport to reflect your marital name, no problem, if not go ahead and use your name as is... No issue.

Just be ready to provide your marriage certificate and change of name as supporting documents since you are going to state that you're married in your application.

For the reference letter part, if you are claiming points for it, then yes you need to provide it. I'd suggest you get reference letters though if you are able to whether or not you're claiming points.

My opinion...

olayinkareal1:

For a family process, is it a must that the wife bears the husband's name/surname?

Lastly, if you are not the lead applicant, do you also need to submit a reference letter from your work?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2020
Only the primary applicant needs to submit reference letter and proof of employment. Spouses generally do not claim work experience pre-ITA (unless the work experience was gained in Canada and it can add points)

olayinkareal1:

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FEMINONI: 11:24am On Jun 23, 2020
Hello House, hoping I get clarity on this. Is it necessary to evaluate both bachelors and masters degree? Or only the highest level of education evaluation by WES will do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ayinke93(f): 11:29am On Jun 23, 2020
ifyonline:
Unilag msc is much faster than their B.sc as most of my friends that evaluated msc with unilag didn't have such delays

A friend of mine too, after getting verification request mail,still thinking of how to reach the school after lockdown got a mail from Wes advising her of her due date. Four days later her report was ready.[quite author=Ezra94 post=90806991]I used to hear about this unilag wahala and was super scared.
I applied for my msc transcript in February tho and on the 3rd of this month got my ECA. I still don't know what happened.
Wes sent me a mail to say unilag had verified my stuff just one week after sending me a mail saying they had emailed and post-mailed unilag for my verification.

Even tho I settled a contact to make sure my transcript was sent out in time (they hadn't started processing it even after one week of applying so I had to reach to to a contact number that was dropped here), I thought I would experience the usual 1-2 months gap between the time wes asks unilag for verification and when they eventually verify.

Hi ify. Please can you assist with the contact of the person that helped you with your Unilag Transcript? Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Innunique: 11:39am On Jun 23, 2020
tojumi18:
Please I need contact for transcript in UNN and ESUT..and do I need to still apply directly to school with this new EXTNG arrangement.
For Unn its a direct application as they don't use EXTNG but have their own self portal (itranscript) where You can do all directly.
if you need any further assistance, do send me a pm.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alaraa: 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
Highest level of education will do. That's what I did tho and my application was approved.

FEMINONI:
Hello House, hoping I get clarity on this. Is it necessary to evaluate both bachelors and masters degree? Or only the highest level of education evaluation by WES will do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
kennedychinedu:
The hammer wey Cipm and Cima go hammer this year ehn. See how Canada waka is making people do certification. How are we sure CIPM and CIMA dont have hidden contract with IRCC. Loooooool.

CIPM and CIMA will soon be like IELTS. By force by fire.

That was how WAEC used some people to hammer small for verification then it was cancelled chai. Loool
Cipm is not a quick exam one can finish in a year only those who has it before can benefit . Before express entry start wes has been evaluating cima, acca, bcs positively has nothing to do with IRCC. Icas, iqas, ices dont evaluate all these courses

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hazzaman: 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
For the CIIN, is it just the Certificate stage that’s needed? That’s just 3 papers that can be completed in one diet.
listowell:
Guys, CIIN is responding. So if you have been pursuing them for a response, keep on.

Again, ATS, ACCA, CIMA and BCS etc are all alternative. Unilag diploma and NOUN too. Anyone that has your interest based on easiness, cost and time elapse.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
hazzaman:
For the CIIN, is it just the Certificate stage that’s needed? That’s just 3 papers that can be completed in one diet.
Yep
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by JustMellow: 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2020
ucheuju:
Good day Elders in the house,
I am an ACCA member and I am currently considering processing my CPA from Nigeria while awaiting ITA in the pool.

Please, I want to confirm if the CPA canada will give me additional CRS points under question 7(Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?) of the CRS calculator?

Thank you.

Hello Ucheuju,

It won't be applicable to you. Any foreign academic credential needs to be evaluated to the Canadian equivalence or standard.

Any online course done outside Canada without a valid status as a resident (Student, PR) as at the time prior to filing your application won't count towards additional points except only for CEC. This also applies to In-land EE applicants under the CEC who studied online.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chigrad: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
Thank you. I really appreciate
crespo67:
Yeah, I wrote in Lagos. My center was Former Alliance Francaise building, Yaba.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ucheuju: 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ucheuju,

It won't be applicable to you. Any foreign academic credential needs to be evaluated to the Canadian equivalence or standard.

Any online course done outside Canada without a valid status as a resident (Student, PR) as at the time prior to filing your application won't count towards additional points except only for CEC. This also applies to In-land EE applicants under the CEC who studied online.

All the best

Thank you for your response.I am so grateful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Solidcitizen: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
This VFS office should just open na grin grin. There's also COVID in Ghana and they already opened since 2 weeks ago

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olayinkareal1: 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2020
alaraa:
No it is not a must.

If you're able to change your passport to reflect your marital name, no problem, if not go ahead and use your name as is... No issue.

Just be ready to provide your marriage certificate and change of name as supporting documents since you are going to state that you're married in your application.

For the reference letter part, if you are claiming points for it, then yes you need to provide it. I'd suggest you get reference letters though if you are able to whether or not you're claiming points.

My opinion...

Thank you, but are you saying document for change of name is still required when we are bearing different names?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
This journey has humbled people. When people be laughing at other people doing Master's and professional certifications, saying that they were wasting their money. Now the tables have turned, those same people are running up and down looking for 2 or more degrees. Life. Haha.

In the journey of life, just face your own journey. Focus on your focus regardless of what anyone says. Shalom.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olayinkareal1: 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
amaya21:
Only the primary applicant needs to submit reference letter and proof of employment. Spouses generally do not claim work experience pre-ITA (unless the work experience was gained in Canada and it can add points)

Thanks so much, this is well understood but please I still need clarity on the name issue?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tojumi18: 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
Innunique:

For Unn its a direct application as they don't use EXTNG but have their own self portal (itranscript) where You can do all directly.
if you need any further assistance, do send me a pm.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by teeboi77: 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good Evening All,i need National Open University contact for transcript anyone that have the contact should kindly drop it,the number on their website is not going through
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kennedychinedu: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
ednut1:

Cipm is not a quick exam one can finish in a year only those who has it before can benefit . Before express entry start wes has been evaluating cima, acca, bcs positively has nothing to do with IRCC. Icas, iqas, ices dont evaluate all these courses

No I know. I am talking of the patronage they are going to get this period bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2020
bekayy:
This journey has humbled people. When people be laughing at other people doing Master's and professional certifications, saying that they were wasting their money. Now the tables have turned, those same people are running up and down looking for 2 or more degrees. Life. Haha.

In the journey of life, just face your own journey. Focus on your focus regardless of what anyone says. Shalom.
some laughed at those who went to poly. They have 2 or more degree now. Someone here who has deactivated got ppr in 2018. With noun masters and nysc experience. Many told her Noun was a waste of time. Life no just balance

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alaraa: 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2020
I believe your marriage certificate should suffice. I'm only advising based on how I handled my own application, I uploaded both marriage certificate and change of name as supporting documents.

olayinkareal1:

Thank you, but are you saying document for change of name is still required when we are bearing different names?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FaithOfoh: 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
Collineno:

Woooow this is a good result. How is it possible to get a 9 in Listening?? I need tutorial I am stucked at 7.0 in listening. Do you have any materials or strategies that can help ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ovywils: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2020
I'm guessing she hasn't changed her name but in your case, you had done change of name in court but still using your maiden name on your passport.
alaraa:
I believe your marriage certificate should suffice. I'm only advising based on how I handled my own application, I uploaded both marriage certificate and change of name as supporting documents.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by newbie4c: 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good evening everyone. Please, I need a clarification. I finished my master's degree in 2016 but 2017 is on my certificate. I put 2016 on WES for evaluation and I have submitted. Will there be any issue regarding this, please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
ExpressEntry:

There is no plan to pursue a medical career immediately upon landing in Canada and really excited to be able to avoid the MCC stress for now. It really helps, thanks alot!

Sorry to be a busybody and party pooper...you may want to check this out before you make a final decision.

If you choose an NOC that is NOT 3111 or 3112 WES will work, otherwise...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/how.html

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-from-mcc.550697/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-for-medical-degree-as-secondary-applicant.601032/

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
cool

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2020
ExpressEntry:

There is no plan to pursue a medical career immediately upon landing in Canada and really excited to be able to avoid the MCC stress for now. It really helps, thanks alot!
you must evaluate mcc. It would delay your application and you have to do it o. Happened to someone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
E no balance at all, who could believe a university grad (Bsc) have lesser point compared to a poly grad in this journey... time and chance happened to both aforementioned

Kekereekun123:
some laughed at those who went to poly. They have 2 or more degree now. Someone here who has deactivated got ppr in 2018. With noun masters and nysc experience. Many told her Noun was a waste of time. Life no just balance

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Naxavi: 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2020
kexepet:
Waow! Thread at page 600. Less than 100 pages to go before part 9 ends. No ITAs since March, We haven’t read any PPR story lately, no shekere holding dancing girls... it is really part 9 to remember thanks to Covid 19.

It shall end in praise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why do you think tech device manufacturers like iPhone and Microsoft avoided the 9 series. There is no iPhone 9 nor Windows 9. Straight to 10.

We should have skipped part 9.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olamide34(m): 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good day, Everyone.
I am really in need of your advice on which province is the best to apply to as a welder.

I have a two or more diploma certificate in business administration and I have 2 years experience in welding (Apprenticeship).

I would really appreciate your response.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.