Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333630 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2020
ThowLou:
Good Afternoon Everyone. Please I need some clarifications, my birth certificate carries a different state of birth from my passport. At the time I got my passport, I got a letter from a Notary Public to explain that it was an error by immigration. In filling my personal history, what place do I put as place of birth? The state on my passport or state on birth certificate? Do I need to include this in my LOE along with the notary public letter I got in 2014? Please advise

Typically, applicants don't need to provide birth certificates unless they are claiming sibling points.

If we disregard BC and focus on passport, I believe your passport MUST be accurate, it is the ultimate confirmation of your identity. I'm not sure any letter can work if the information on the passport is incorrect. Try going to the passport office to confirm how it can be corrected.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2020
raphrulz:
Hey fam! What's happening smiley

Prof.....no scripts have been marked in almost 6 months! We miss PPR. Trust Canada is treating you well.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by elohim24: 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2020
ThowLou:
Good Afternoon Everyone. Please I need some clarifications, my birth certificate carries a different state of birth from my passport. At the time I got my passport, I got a letter from a Notary Public to explain that it was an error by immigration. In filling my personal history, what place do I put as place of birth? The state on my passport or state on birth certificate? Do I need to include this in my LOE along with the notary public letter I got in 2014? Please advise
Which Date of birth is correct? If it's the one on the passport I don't think there's need for notary public but if you have wrong information on the passport you have to correct it in immigration office. I can help with that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
Is it state of birth or date of birth?
If it is state of birth I dont think that will matter much if you dont need to claim sibling point(i.e you dont need to upload it).
But for conformity sake you can either correct it at immigration or get a new Attestation of birth from NPC (whichever is cheaper or u are comfortable with).
Date of birth though is important, the correct date of birth should be on your passport and birth certificate especially should any of your sibling need to claim points off you in the future.
Cheers

ThowLou:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ThowLou(m): 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2020
Kekereekun123:
unless you are claiming sibling points. Birth certificate is not required. Your age is the one on the passport. You can get it corrected for about 120k to 150k. Letter from notary public cannot get you out of trouble now or in future.

I did not state I had a problem with my age. The issue is the city of birth on my passport. I am not claiming siblings point, I just want to know if I go with the state on my birth certificate or the one on my passport
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ThowLou(m): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
Is it state of birth or date of birth?
If it is state of birth I dont think that will matter much if you dont need to claim sibling point(i.e you dont need to upload it).
But for conformity sake you can either correct it at immigration or get a new Attestation of birth from NPC (whichever is cheaper or u are comfortable with).
Date of birth though is important, the correct date of birth should be on your passport and birth certificate especially should any of your sibling need to claim points off you in the future.
Cheers

Thank you for your response. Correcting it at immigration is doesn’t seem possible right now. I have a birth certificate from National Population Commission. So do I choose the place of birth on my passport or birth certificate ?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2020
good evening all...am thinking of doing a three month online diploma with dexnova consulting limited, can i use that as an additional certificate as i already hold a bsc...?...replies will vbe highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
I'll advise you go with what is on your passport as that is your official/accepted means of identification as @mamaron said.
You upload International passport but not birth certificate...there should not be any discrepancy with what you upload and what you state in ur application.
Cheers

[quote author=ThowLou post=92709018][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kunnmi: 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2020
hi great people,
i need advice from gurus in the house
my story- i am in Canada , almost done with my school, but i need to bring my spouse in. shes a lawyer with years of experience. her study permit is taking time as vfs is not giving room for biometrics anymore, is it advisable to start the process for permanent residence her while the study permit is in progress? (from pr calculator she can score as much as 467)can she do the pr alone since we don't have a marriage certificate yet? or what do you suggest i do in this situation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Agbeni33: 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
Hi, please am having issue with Lasu and WES. I don't know where the problem is coming from.

Lasu said they sent my transcript to WES via postal mail on June 16. Unfortunately, WES said they have not receive anything from Lasu.

I made calls and my contact said they will send it again. They sent it again on July 28. But up till now WES said they have not receive any document from LASU.

prior to the 2nd time LASU sent it, WES gave me estimated time in which my transcript will be processed and since then nothing has been done. It was thereafter they started saying they didn't receive any document from Lasu.

Now, I told LASU to send my transcript via courier and they said I have to pay for another application fee.

LASU said they don't use ETX-NG. I don't know if there is anyone here who use ETX-NG with Lasu and was successful

I don't even know what to do again. Please any suggestion(s)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2020
TolulopeAde:
Please can you give me a contact at UI PG school, WES sent me a verification notice email since July 6th but PG school officer is claiming they didnt receive it.
PS : I sent my transcript through etx too

UI PG School, can't remember d exact timeline, etx did d magic actually, they are super fast, they dispatch to WES same day UI PG school sent to them and report came out 3 days after verification by UI PG record office. (everything happened within early June to early July)

I will advise u get someone in IB to help u go, and show them your WES ref number, so they can help search their system, I had d same issue, but was lucky because a friend who went to IB for an appointment helped me.

I don't have any contact in UI PG record office.

If truely they have searched their system and couldn't see it, then something is wrong.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nony92: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2020
Hello people,
Please I need your help with prepping for CDT IELTS.
If there’s anyone who can share the CDT material with me, I’ll be glad.
I want to use them to practice so as o familiarize with the system.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
Kunnmi:
hi great people,
my story- i am in Canada , almost done with my school, but i need to bring my spouse in. shes a lawyer with years of experience. her study permit is taking time as vfs is not giving room for biometrics anymore, is it advisable to start the process for permanent residence her while the study permit is in progress? (from pr calculator she can score as much as 467)can she do the pr alone since we don't have a marriage certificate yet? or what do you suggest i do in this situation

At bolded got me confused.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kunnmi: 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
oh my error . "my fiance". as we are only enaged not married.
Exmay02:

At bolded got me confused.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2020
Hi, u meant CBT(Computer based test) I'm sure.
So I just typed british council CBT ielts on google and discovered that there are sample CBTs to help candidates become familiar with how the real test will be.
You should check it out...pls note that you can also practice with cambridge(pdf) and ieltsonlinetests after you understand how the CBT looks/feels.
Cheers

nony92:
Hello people,
Please I need your help with prepping for CDT IELTS.
If there’s anyone who can share the CDT material with me, I’ll be glad.
I want to use them to practice so as o familiarize with the system.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Godtemi: 9:47pm On Aug 11, 2020
listowell:

They're better now. No worries.

I just use ext-ng for me and my wife transcript.
I made payment yesterday, and they called me this morning to send my passport and statement of result too.
And this afternoon when I track my status, it already showing transcript generated. I pray they are really.
Please have anyone use them to send transcript to WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Silversurfer1: 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
Localchampion:

Well, my powers are used on the right ways. I attack evil people, and bad people in the society not innocent people looking for information on social media. I don't bully people, but I fight only the evil ones
As for politicians, if ever they see my Twitter posts, they would have felt me. I fight them with how much power I have

So you were raining curses on me for pointing out how silly it was for you to ask on how to proceed for a process were information is readily available? Loool.

You are very lucky I didn't see what you wrote. It's been deleted. You tink sey you get bad mouth and crase abi? I laugh

If not that I'm refined and the fact that I'd probably be banned from this forum, when I finish telling you the story of your life, confusion would set upon you.
Power ko, power ni. I'm sure your whole application is a lie.
You think you can curse? He he! Just thank God for your life. You are very very lucky

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
Hi,
Some few pages back someone mentioned that you can have two different applications(Study visa & Express entry) pending approval. You should research on that. If true you can have both to keep your options open just in case....
But dont forget that she will experience the same biometric delay with her PR application if vfs no gree open fully as the vfs situation affects them too.
Cheers

Kunnmi:
hi great people,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 10:03pm On Aug 11, 2020
Hi,
Free her please, she has proven that she's not worth a response from u.
I'm sure she should have been banned by now with all the foul talk.
Don't reduce urself to her level, she was clearly mentally lazy/dont know how to conduct SIMPLE research and was defensive instead of being humble and learn....the information she needed could be gotten easily on google and page 1.Yet she had more strength to quarrel that than research.

Silversurfer1:

So you were raining curses on me for pointing out how silly it was for you to ask on how to proceed for a process were information is readily available? Loool.

You are very lucky I didn't see what you wrote. It's been deleted. You tink sey you get bad mouth and crase abi? I laugh

If not that I'm refined and the fact that I'd probably be banned from this forum, when I finish telling you the story of your life, confusion would set upon you.
Power ko, power ni. I'm sure your whole application is a lie.
You think you can curse? He he! Just thank God for your life. You are very very lucky

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Silversurfer1: 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
Hi,
Don't reduce urself to her level, she was clearly mentally lazy/dont know how to conduct SIMPLE research and was defensive instead of being humble and learn....the information she needed could be gotten easily on google and page 1.Yet she had more strength to quarrel that research.

Its very evident in the name sef. "Local champion" tells me all I need to know about the individual.
All you said about the person is correct. Thank you abeg.
Oil dey your head. May your application be approved quickly and your days be blessed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oginnite(m): 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
Hi,
Don't reduce urself to her level, she was clearly mentally lazy/dont know how to conduct SIMPLE research and was defensive instead of being humble and learn....the information she needed could be gotten easily on google and page 1.Yet she had more strength to quarrel that research.

Sincerely, i had to scroll up to check what angered her and found nothing. Frustrated people everywhere. I imagine how the kind of people will survive in Canada with that attitude.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Godtemi: 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
Please house, I need help with short Canadian diploma/certificate that I and my wife can do to increase our scores please. Anyone with this useful information can help me please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
Godtemi:
Please house, I need help with short Canadian diploma/certificate that I and my wife can do to increase our scores please. Anyone with this useful information can help me please

No online canadian certificate can increase your scores. Except u apply for student visa and go study in canada, then u can apply through CEC.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Godtemi: 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
Prisscindy:

Yes, I wasn't expecting it. I checked last week Thursday and I saw that completion date was 1st Sept. Just decided to check this evening whether they requested for verification so I can tell the uni records guy and I saw that it has been ready since Friday. So surprised.

Registered 25th July and paid 27th, transcript sent through ETX-NG to WES by 3rd August and report out 7th August.

Prisscindy, please did you use Etx-ng to get your transcript from your uni and send it to WES?

Because I just applied and made payment yesterday for me and my wife, and on my own status, I saw that transcript been generated just today.
Please are they realiable ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Godtemi: 11:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
Exmay02:

No online canadian certificate can increase your scores. Except u apply for student visa and go study in canada, then u can apply through CEC.

Thank you, I think now that most institution in the world are doing online courses, there might be online diploma course available.

So what else will you suggest I and my wife do?
She has her msc already
And 8.5 in IETLS
I have HND and waiting to write my IETLS

With the CRS calculator. Her score is 456
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by dkdmy: 11:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
hi guys, thanks to the seniors in the house.
i submitted my application in March 30, when my work primary work experience clocked 2 years. hoping to use the NYSC as the remaining one year experience. However, my PPA gave me a 10 months work experience reference letter. please can I add the remaining 2 months (to complete 3 years) from my primary work experience bearing in mind that I created the profile in march and received ITA in August?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 12, 2020
Godtemi:

I just use ext-ng for me and my wife transcript.
I made payment yesterday, and they called me this morning to send my passport and statement of result too.
And this afternoon when I track my status, it already showing transcript generated. I pray they are really.
Please have anyone use them to send transcript to WES?
shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 12, 2020
Godtemi:

Thank you, I think now that most institution in the world are doing online courses, there might be online diploma course available.

So what else will you suggest I and my wife do?
She has her msc already
And 8.5 in IETLS
I have HND and waiting to write my IETLS

With the CRS calculator. Her score is 456
Bros, read the thread or pay a consultant. You will do mistakes the way you are winging this thing.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 12, 2020
dkdmy:
hi guys, thanks to the seniors in the house.
i submitted my application in March 30, when my work primary work experience clocked 2 years. hoping to use the NYSC as the remaining one year experience. However, my PPA gave me a 10 months work experience reference letter. please can I add the remaining 2 months (to complete 3 years) from my primary work experience bearing in mind that I created the profile in march and received ITA in August?
sure, at the point you got ITA you were already over 3 years. so nothing to worry about. just edit accordingly i.e 8 months plus the current employment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 12, 2020
Kunnmi:
hi great people,
there is nothing you can do now, even if you apply for PR, VFS is still closed. so just wait for the study permit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 12, 2020
ericmaestro:
good evening all...am thinking of doing a three month online diploma with dexnova consulting limited, can i use that as an additional certificate as i already hold a bsc...?...replies will vbe highly appreciated
not a recognised certificate by wes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 12, 2020
ThowLou:

I did not state I had a problem with my age. The issue is the city of birth on my passport. I am not claiming siblings point, I just want to know if I go with the state on my birth certificate or the one on my passport
go with passport

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.