Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,643 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333871 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
KikiJennifer7:
Good day to the Senior colleagues here
Please I have some questions
1- PA that schooled in UK but relocated back to Nigeria, would he still need to provide PCC from UK as well? If yes, can this be done online?
Yes, he needs PCC from UK. I'll leave someone who has successfully gotten it from Nigeria recently to comment on this.
2- PA works in a private company owned by the family. Would this in any way affect the reference letter? The company is duly registered and has existed for over 18years. Although it’s a private company with few staff say about 50 in total.
Does the company have HR department or equivalent? If yes then HR should write a letter in the required format. If no, the MD should write the letter then. The important thing is that he worked at the company and did the roles outlined, good thing the company is registered. Theres no concern about who owns the company that is not his own.

CRS is 477, recently updated and we look forward to getting ITA in the next pool so we are gathering our documents

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by elohim24: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
listowell:

Who leave passport office without activation?
It is possible, ideally, an applicant is supposed to activate the passport after confirmation that all data are correctly entered. But you know most applicants get their passport either via an officer or an agent. These two categories might not be chanced to activate the passport sometimes and the applicant will not be aware of this. You can even travel with it without activation. The only problem is when you come for renewal, the system will not recognise it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by elohim24: 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
[quote author=listowell post=92733603]
���
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tonto30(f): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hey guys, please is there any UNN alumni here who used Etx to send transcript? Or how do I check if my institution is listed on the platform?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chygoz3(m): 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
KikiJennifer7:
Good day to the Senior colleagues here
Please I have some questions
1- PA that schooled in UK but relocated back to Nigeria, would he still need to provide PCC from UK as well? If yes, can this be done online?
Yes you can do it online here https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
elohim24:

It is possible, ideally, an applicant is supposed to activate the passport after confirmation that all data are correctly entered. But you know most applicants get their passport either via an officer or an agent. These two categories might not be chanced to activate the passport sometimes and the applicant will not be aware of this. You can even travel with it without activation. The only problem is when you come for renewal, the system will not recognise it
Ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stevewonder(m): 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
I PMed you as you instructed when I asked to get a contact for my Eksu Transcript but you are yet to reply me. Please help me drop the contact here so I can start asap.

Thanks

ayabemm16:

Lucky you.
I applied for Transcript from EKSU( formerly UNAD) since June, and up till now they are still looking for a course i did in 100L which was 10 years ago. I'm totally fed up. I dont even know what to do anymore.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ashmark(m): 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2020
Rifkiz:
Hint:
For the singles below 30 with MSc in the house, and planning to get married soon. Getting married after AOR, allows you add your spouse without your spouse sitting for IELTS or applying for WES.

How true is this? The info I have is that if you add your spouse after AOR. The score will be re-evaluated and it must not be below the ITA point that the PA used in getting ITA. I maybe wrong
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by elohim24: 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ashmark:

How true is this? The info I have is that if you add your spouse after AOR. The score will be re-evaluated and it must not be below the ITA point that the PA used in getting ITA. I maybe wrong
That is if you're already married and you applied with spouse unaccompanying. If you want to adjust to spouse accompanying after ITA, the crs will be recalculated and it must not be below the crs that gave you ita. But adding a newly married spouse after ita will have no effect on the crs

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Abuja2canada: 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
Prisscindy:
ETX-NG is super fast, I must confess. I helped one of my friends process her transcript from uni.

At first, the uni wasn't registered on ETX-NG, I put the records guy through, he sent them a message on their website and the uni got registered the next day. Then he sent my friend's transcript last week Monday and the report came out same week Friday, just 4 days.

Most courier services would have just arrived by that time, so it's way better to use ETX-NG o.

Thanks to @Abuja2Canada for shedding more light

I am glad it was helpful...many people who complained of etx do not realise etx isn't the problem their school is.. I almost made the same mistake of following the path those who complain took till I discovered this delivery only and started advising everyone about it, many doubted and hesitated and even felt I was a staff trying to sell the brand because of how I carried it on my head but so far over 50 people I know personally has testified to their effectiveness and started sharing the good news.

I do hope the rest of your journey is as swift as this. Thank you for sharing your experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Abuja2canada: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
Erinbola:

Hi, Kindly provide the details of the certificate here so that people with experience can testify to its validity.

check my mentions you would see details...its a university pgd program and tuition is 260k. Registration ends today. Convocation is October
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hamza05(m): 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hello guys, I’m confused if this means I can upload my degree myself please what does this mean? I’m trying to evaluate my LLB with Iqas

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Maneq: 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hamza05:
Hello guys, I’m confused if this means I can upload my degree myself please what does this mean? I’m trying to evaluate my LLB with Iqas

Having read that. What is it that you dont understand?
And what other way could they make that document any clearer?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by timmiezone: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hello,

Are there any links whatsapp or telegram links for August AOR. Any links will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oginnite(m): 4:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
ednut1:
you can use any approved court. People who use Ikoyi are using because others are doing same. Dont people who base in other states get visas using their local registries

I was even thinking my Marriage Certificate that i got from Church is useless. People doing the Ikoyi wedding thing because of Travelling make the Certificate (that has the same Coat of arm just like that of the LG marriage Registry) which I got from a licenced church (Baptist Church) look inferior.
Before my wedding, I filled for NOTIFICATION at the LGA (Oyo West LGA) which the church is domiciled and after the wedding, i returned a copy of the marriage Certificate to the same LG.
What else do you need to certify that you are legally married?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2020
oginnite:

I was even thinking my Marriage Certificate that i got from Church is useless. People doing the Ikoyi wedding thing because of Travelling make the Certificate (that has the same Coat of arm just like that of the LG marriage Registry) which I got from a licenced church (Baptist Church) look inferior.
Before my wedding, I filled for NOTIFICATION at the LGA (Oyo West LGA) which the church is domiciled and after the wedding, i returned a copy of the marriage Certificate to the same LG.
What else do you need to certify that you are legally married?
you are asking and answering at the same time. embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ayabemm16: 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
[quote author=Stevewonder post=92736530]I PMed you as you instructed when I asked to get a contact for my Eksu Transcript but you are yet to reply me. Please help me drop the contact here so I can start asap.

Thanks
I’ve replied your email since yesterday. Not sure if we’re allowed to drop contacts here. I’ve resent the mail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
Exmay02:
Paying with GTB mastercard for WES might be difficult/impossible henceforth. I just received this SMS from them.

Monthly limit is now 100 dollars
another motivation to flee this time bomb called Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Naaomi(f): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
You upload your LLB degree certificate yourself and arrange for your school to send your transcript to IQAS.
Before you get to the IQAS payment option, it will ask you to indicate if your school is sending them the transcript. Tick that box then proceed to pay. If your school isn't sending, then use etx-ng(dont know how efficient etx currently is though).

Hamza05:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stanlo88: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hi everyone, I just recently joined this platform and i have tried to read some of the previous messages.

I have over 4 years working experience as a health and safety personnel, initially started as the health and safety officer and later got promoted to the health and safety manager position in the same company.

For my NOC Code, 0112 (Human Resources Manager) has my current Job title- Health and Safety Manager but the job descriptions written there are basically in the HR line and little in Health and Safety.

However the NOC Code 2263, has more descriptions that fit into my job role but my job title (Health and Safety Manager) is not there. The options available in this NOC Code is Health and Safety Officer.

I am confused on which NOC Code to select. Do i select the NOC 2263 and use Health and Safety Officer as my Job title? Can my reference letter indicate that i am a Health and Safety Manager, after i have chosen the NOC 2263 which doesn't have options for health and safety managers only Officers.

Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mobenjackson(m): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2020
Stanlo88:
Hi everyone, I just recently joined this platform and i have tried to read some of the previous messages.

I have over 4 years working experience as a health and safety personnel, initially started as the health and safety officer and later got promoted to the health and safety manager position in the same company.

For my NOC Code, 0112 (Human Resources Manager) has my current Job title- Health and Safety Manager but the job descriptions written there are basically in the HR line and little in Health and Safety.

However the NOC Code 2263, has more descriptions that fit into my job role but my job title (Health and Safety Manager) is not there. The options available in this NOC Code is Health and Safety Officer.

I am confused on which NOC Code to select. Do i select the NOC 2263 and use Health and Safety Officer as my Job title? Can my reference letter indicate that i am a Health and Safety Manager, after i have chosen the NOC 2263 which doesn't have options for health and safety managers only Officers.

Please help
All I have for you is this... Choose NOC code by Job duties/functions and not job titles.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stanlo88: 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
OK Thank You
mobenjackson:

All I have for you is this... Choose NOC code by Job duties/functions and not job titles.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by gracechellar(f): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
[quote author=chygoz3 post=92736227][/quote]Post

How much and how long please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by aye88: 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
Stevewonder:
I PMed you as you instructed when I asked to get a contact for my Eksu Transcript but you are yet to reply me. Please help me drop the contact here so I can start asap.

Thanks

I applied for mine from the same school in july and its out already. Why not try and get someone from your department to help. Because it us the faculty that will sort our yout courses before sending it to the admin. The sub dean actually does this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by gracechellar(f): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
ednut1:
E Taya person
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chygoz3(m): 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
gracechellar:
How much and how long please
It was £55. I provided the address of a contact in the UK as the address that it was to be sent to and I got it in a week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
I think you have answered your question by yourself
Your actual job duties is NOC 2263 as you perform most/all of the requirements for that NOC.
So i think there's no much to deliberate here, if u can have HR use Officer instead of Manager in the letter good. If not, leave am like that the microscope will be on the actual duties you performed and its correlation the NOC chosen.
You no dey HR nor are u HR manager so 0112 na set up, stay woke brother.
Cheers

Stanlo88:

Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olasun4u(m): 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
Greetings all,
Please is there any Canada professional certification one can do to boost point
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Allegory(f): 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hello, please has anyone recently used gradintel for WES evaluation. I saw on the WES website that you can give them access to view your transcripts via gradintel and I did that after paying. Just want to confirm that this works or do I still have to contact my Uni to send them a hardcopy?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Limitlessbond: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2020
Good evening house,
Please does it matter if an applicant's salary is showing amount such as 9k naira as salary paid into her account by the school she teaches in? Actually she earns more than that but is involved in "ajo" (thrift) at her place of work so they deduct the money before her salary is been paid into her account, therefore the reason for such small deposit. Will this be an issue Pls? Even if her letter from place of work will state the actually amount she receives. We just worried that backing up with d statement of account may raise an eyebrow.
Your contributions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oginnite(m): 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
ednut1:
you are asking and answering at the same time. embarassed
Am actually not asking. Am just angry that some make it look like we that didn't patronise IKOYI registry are LOCAL CHAMPION
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oginnite(m): 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
ednut1:

Everything is just pointing me toward the direction of Canada

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.