Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". (2299 Views)

True Or False : Men Don't Generally Like Women With Tattoos. / Why Don't You Guys Like Women Who Look Like This / Ladies Name One Thing Men Do That Turns You Off But They Think It's A Turn On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by yazga: 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
The lie behind "Men do not like women who use (too much) make up".

I have seen this statement by men many times on social media. These men also state that men do not like unmarried women who:

- wear artificial hair;
- fix artificial nails;
- drive big and expensive cars;
- live in a rich neighborhood;
- have properties;
- have post graduate degrees;
- are ambitious;
- dress fashionably.

All of it is a lie. It's a big time lie.

First of all, if you take a look at the men who make these blanket statements you will find out that they are either poor or barely comfortable. So their reasons for making these statements have very little to do with their personal taste and everything to do with their financial status. These men have a problem with women who do all of the things in that list because they have a problem with women who are high maintenance. It doesn't matter whether the woman is doing the maintenance by herself or relying on her lover to do it. They just don't like it because they cannot afford it.

Also, In Nigeria, once a woman looks good, drives a nice car and lives in a nice apartment, men start labelling her a runsgirl. I posted a picture of myself in an ordinary bedroom and some men started asking who paid for the hotel room. Just like every other man Nigeria, poor or struggling men believe that they should have any woman they want. Nevertheless they cannot stand the idea that people might wonder why a particular type of woman is with them, since their status is lower than hers. A rich or wealthy man will never ever say that he has problems with his woman wearing make up or fixing her nails. Because if need be, he can comfortably fund her lifestyle.

Ned is not the kind of man people expected Regina to end up with. Regina is young, beautiful and is doing well for herself. She could have easily found a young and dashing young man to date or marry, if she so desired. But she chose Ned, and people started wondering why, even though they knew already.

Ned also knows why Regina is with him, but he also knows that Regina might never find another man who can give her what he is giving her. He's in the 0.1%, against Regina who's in the 20%. Billionaires like him are scarce, while young, beautiful and high maintenance women like Regina are many.

Unfortunately the reality of the average Nigerian man is not the same as Ned's. The average Nigerian man is poor. Then right above the average, we have a majority that is barely comfortable. The average Nigerian man is in the 95%. Men like them abound, while high maintenance women like Regina are a lot less in comparison.

Why don't these leave the women in the 20% alone then, and find one among the 80%? Well, for starters they don't find the women in the 80% desirable. Secondly, the women in the 80% want a man that is at least in the 5%. It would seem like a contradiction that poor men like high maintenance women, but they also want these high maintenance women to look like low maintenance women.

First of all, everybody wants the finest things in life, including those people who cannot afford those things.

Secondly, there is the thrill that comes with acquiring a priced possession. There is no satisfaction in dating low maintenance women. She's either low maintenance because she's poor or because she's trying to bag a man. Easy thing.

On the other hand, there is a lot of satisfaction that comes from being able to successfully woo and date a high maintenance woman. And even more satisfaction from being able to mould this high maintenance woman to reflect his own status.

So when next you come across a man who says "Men don't like women who [are high maintenance]", take it as a big red flag, and flee. No matter how cute he is, do not ignore the red flag.

If you are a high maintenance woman, date and marry men who are comfortable with being with a high maintenance woman.

If you are a low maintenance woman who is working to upgrade herself, avoid dating men who are not comfortable with high maintenance women.

Have a lovely week.

8 Likes

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by Filmewell(f): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
Very true.

3 Likes

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by Heroclitus(m): 2:09pm On Oct 14, 2019
Now I knw how wrong one could be if one tried to conclude or assume for the other gender

Males aren't females and vice versa...Psychological studies will only give out a theory based on researches whose result could be used to ascertain the probability of something being what it really is...This probability could range from 50-95% but never 100

Yours doesn't even have anything to do with a research,just your solely-compounded false assumptions

You Are Very Wrong

4 Likes

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by yazga: 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
Heroclitus:
Now I knw how wrong one could be if one tried to conclude or assume for the other gender

Males aren't females and vice versa...Psychological studies will only give out a theory based on researches whose result could be used to ascertain the probability of something being what it really is...This probability could range from 50-95% but never 100

Yours doesn't even have anything to do with a research,just your solely-compounded false assumptions

You Are Very Wrong
How?
Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by Skyfornia(m): 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
But honestly I'm a guy and I detest heavy make up on ladies... especially artificial eyelashes, that one can make me throw up.

8 Likes

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by nlPoster: 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Epistle, won ti fi obinrin se yin nibi.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2019
Im a lady and i hardly use makeup. I personally think lashes, fnundations and all that are unappealing. Its individual choice.

7 Likes

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by Angy55(f): 2:28pm On Oct 14, 2019
Crazyemberr:
Im a lady and i hardly use makeup. I personally think lashes, fnundations and all that are unappealing. Its individual choice.

A he-she male? Are you gay?

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by perousd: 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2019
BULL...
Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by BlueAir: 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2019
U should have read his message and focused less on the final sentence undecided
yazga:
How?

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2019
Angy55:

A he-she male? Are you gay?
No! I changed my gender at intervals in my previous account and i will do the same with this. If that makes me gay, because you believe everything put before you, then i gay.

2 Likes

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by cooooooks(m): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2019
Generalizing, as you do here, is the mistake.

Have you gone to RCCG or Deeper Life? You will see megamillionaires and billionaires (in Naira) who detest makeup and flashy appearance.

Personally, my SO can dress however she wants, wear as much bling as she wants and makeup as heavily as she wants. She knows that's not what made me be with her. Furthermore, just as I am not turned on by these things, I won't be turned on by another girl's makeup, weavon, etc.

4 Likes

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by yazga: 7:43am On Oct 15, 2019
cooooooks:
Generalizing, as you do here, is the mistake.

Have you gone to RCCG or Deeper Life? You will see megamillionaires and billionaires (in Naira) who detest makeup and flashy appearance.

Personally, my SO can dress however she wants, wear as much bling as she wants and makeup as heavily as she wants. She knows that's not what made me be with her. Furthermore, just as I am not turned on by these things, I won't be turned on by another girl's makeup, weavon, etc.
Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by Magnoliaa(f): 10:33am On Oct 15, 2019
Being 'low maintenance' or whatever can be a personal preference, but I agree with some of your points.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by yazga: 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
cheesy
Magnoliaa:
Being 'low maintenance' or whatever can be a personal preference, but I agree with some of your points.
Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by derrydinny: 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
I agree with you, some experiences i have seen made me do. I have seen poor people boast about being beautiful without make up and jewellery but begin to use it when they can afford it, i have met many people who detested iphones until they made enough money to afford one same way i have also met many people who saw having more than 2 cars as a family as being wasteful(my mom is one) but now want at least 3 cars.

Many people tend to hate things they can't afford, someone that can't afford a benz will say it is shit, same wsy someone that can't afford an airpod will say it useless and overpriced. The reason is usually psychological, since they can't afford, they have to find a way to make themselves feel good about not owning it hence they label it bad and stupid, just to feel good.

That is why many pastors and christians leave their S.U wives to run after slay queens who use makeup and jewellery after convincing their wives not to use it

3 Likes

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by crismark(m): 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
Think what u want to think its ur thinking.

My own is dat if u re claiming high maintenance, make sure u av ur own money to spend. If u think u can sit at home all day nd claim high maintenance woman with my money, SORRY is ur name.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by crismark(m): 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2019
derrydinny:
I agree with you, some experiences i have seen made me do. I have seen poor people boast about being beautiful without make up and jewellery but begin to use it when they can afford it, i have met many people who detested iphones until they made enough money to afford one same way i have also met many people who saw having more than 2 cars as a family as being wasteful(my mom is one) but now want at least 3 cars.

Many people tend to hate things they can't afford, someone that can't afford a benz will say it is shit, same wsy someone that can't afford an airpod will say it useless and overpriced. The reason is usually psychological, since they can't afford, they have to find a way to make themselves feel good about not owning it hence they label it bad and stupid, just to feel good.

That is why many pastors and christians leave their S.U wives to run after slay queens who use makeup and jewellery after convincing their wives not to use it
I knw young millionaires who detest iPhone nd dnt use it till nw.. so ur opinion is null
Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by kurupt1: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
Mehn.....why are some people dull like this?How old is Ned Nwoko?So you expect a 30yr old to have money like a 59yr old?
How many 30yrs olds are billionaires? Don't you know success is progressive?So you expect a young man to just have money like that , without putting in the years?
Well......what do you expect from a female that doesn't have to wake up at night to scheme on how to make money, instead she is glossing over magazines, looking for a rich man to hook up with.
Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2019
D O A
Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by Geminita1(f): 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
True that is why i pity all those women forming miss natural, miss no make up all the time. Last position.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by yazga: 5:11am On Oct 20, 2019
biGDhAp:
D O A
meaning
Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by anochuko01(m): 7:01am On Oct 20, 2019
Geminita1:
True that is why i pity all those women forming miss natural, miss no make up all the time. Last position.
pity your bf thats keeping you bcoz of makeup and not the content of ur head.
light makeup is okay, before yall start looking like finecoat ambassadors

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 20, 2019
yazga:
meaning

dead on arrival
Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by olabrinks(f): 10:58am On Oct 20, 2019
Even at 59 most men will never get to his level of success, 90% of men.
kurupt1:
Mehn.....why are some people dull like this?How old is Ned Nwoko?So you expect a 30yr old to have money like a 59yr old?
How many 30yrs olds are billionaires? Don't you know success is progressive?So you expect a young man to just have money like that , without putting in the years?
Well......what do you expect from a female that doesn't have to wake up at night to scheme on how to make money, instead she is glossing over magazines, looking for a rich man to hook up with.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
On point.....

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by UnclePrincipal(m): 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
olabrinks:
Even at 59 most men will never get to his level of success, 90% of men.

Lol, why are you emphasizing on men?

Even though regina didn't work for the money she's spending now other than being a wife of a billionaire.
Most of y'all women will never get to her level of success.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by midnighter(f): 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
Great! More grease to your fingertips
Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by SonOfUbunja: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
I don't really know If there's a thing like "high maintenance", but if I am not spending my money on her then someone else is doing so, and "he who pays the piper dictates the tune" for this reason, I urge my girlfriend to be comfortable spending my money without feeling like she's high maintenance.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by olabrinks(f): 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
But it doesn’t matter because beauty is a woman’s currency. Men are normally valued by how much money they have but then it’s all subjective and different opinions for different people.
UnclePrincipal:

Lol, why are you emphasizing on men?

Even though regina didn't work for the money she's spending now other than being a wife of a billionaire.
Most of y'all women will never get to her level of success.

Re: The Lie Behind "Men Do Not Like Women Who Use (too Much) Make Up". by yazga: 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
grin grin
SonOfUbunja:
I don't really know If there's a thing like "high maintenance", but if I am not spending my money on her then someone else is doing so, and "he who pays the piper dictates the tune" for this reason, I urge my girlfriend to be comfortable spending my money without feeling like she's high maintenance.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Sex Enhancer / Ladies Whats The Worst Shot A Guy Has Attempted To Shoot At You? / I'm In Love With A Foreigner Older Than Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.