Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports (45170 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 5:09am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

Yea we have lots of cheaper places 2 hours away from Atlanta but most people working 8 to 12 hours per day, don't want to commute that long. Especially when main Atlanta traffic can be brutal at times. I have one of my subordinates that commutes from Douglasvile, she go leave house at 4am just to get to office by 7am. She go leave office by 4pm just to get home by 7pm, I keep saying in Yoruba language, man was not born to suffer grin grin grin

I couldn’t believe my eyes when my friend took me across state lines to Auburn, Alabama.

You could get a two bedroom house for $450/Month.

The only downside is the city is a countryside so most times it’s really boring except there’s a Football Match going on in town like Auburn vs Georgia & Auburn vs Alabama.

Plus there’s isn’t a enough jobs to go around & it’s a predominantly white state.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 5:14am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

Yea we kuku don accept am like that. Lots of Nigerians are doing great here but we also have lots of shady people and the community is not united at all. Nigerians would rather patronize Mexicans than to support their own. There's a Nigerian restaurant here that almost went bankrupt because it was strictly Nigerian, the owner had to change it to African/Carribean in order to be successful. I guess no matter the continent, Nigerians never change, may God help us all grin grin grin grin

Nigerians & Dramas are like 5 & 6.

I usually attend their Owambe Parties on Saturdays & Sundays so I can be able to Eat Nigerian Food.

But I always stay clear of joining their Associations like Members Abroad Association & Brothers United Association because it always breeds envy, power tussle & in house fighting.

I also attend Redeemed Christian Church of God but tend to leave the church immediately after service.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 5:16am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

So why can’t Atlanta expand MARTA?

I used it the last time I was in Atlanta & it was really nice.

It’s takes you from the Airport to Midtown, Fourpoints, Downtown, Roswell, Dunwoody and even Buckhead.

When I was living in New York City, I didn’t need to own a car because the Subway could take you to wherever you want & most of the busy ones run 24/7.

But in Atlanta, you definitely need a car to go from point A to B.

This is the age long question most of us have been asking.....lol. The short answer is that the rich or affluent neighborhoods belive Marta would bring less desirable people or crime to their neighborhood. This is why they've voted against a 1 to 2% tax increase for the last decade.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 5:17am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

I usually attend their Owambe Parties on Saturdays & Sundays so I can be able to Eat Nigerian Food.

But I always stay clear of joining their Associations like Members Abroad Association & Brothers United Association because it always breeds envy, power tussle & in house fighting.

I also attend Redeemed Christian Church of God but tend to leave the church immediately after service.

This is the best philosophy.....The less they know the better!
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 5:18am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

Yea we have lots of cheaper places 2 hours away from Atlanta but most people working 8 to 12 hours per day, don't want to commute that long. Especially when main Atlanta traffic can be brutal at times. I have one of my subordinates that commutes from Douglasvile, she go leave house at 4am just to get to office by 7am. She go leave office by 4pm just to get home by 7pm, I keep saying in Yoruba language, man was not born to suffer grin grin grin

The traffic is the only problem but overall Atlanta is a nice city.

I also have a friend that lives in Decatur & commutes from Decatur to Atlanta every morning for work.

He was able to buy a brand new home on Mortgage in Decatur for about $350,000.

You wouldn’t get that kind of deal in Atlanta right now because everything seems to be going up & up.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 5:20am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

This is the age long question most of us have been asking.....lol. The short answer is that the rich or affluent neighborhoods belive Marta would bring less desirable people or crime to their neighborhood. This is why they've voted against a 1 to 2% tax increase for the last decade.

The Haves & The Have Not.

Old Money doesn’t want New Money in their Neighborhood.

Maybe if you guys vote a Democrat into office as a Governor things might change.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 5:21am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

This is the best philosophy.....The less they know the better!

Exactly, You always have to watch your back.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 5:30am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

Maybe if you guys vote a Democrat into office as a Governor things might change.

I laugh in Swahili grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 5:32am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

The traffic is the only problem but overall Atlanta is a nice city.

I also have a friend that lives in Decatur & commutes from Decatur to Atlanta every morning for work.

He was able to buy a brand new home on Mortgage in Decatur for about $350,000.

You wouldn’t get that kind of deal in Atlanta right now because everything seems to be going up & up.

$350k in Decatur? Is it North decatur? Because most of decatur is ghetto and high crime area. Fro that price it better be North Decatur specifically downtown.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 5:33am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

$350k in Decatur? Is it North decatur? Because most of decatur is ghetto and high crime area. Fro that price it better be North Decatur specifically downtown.

It’s very close to downtown Decatur.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 5:36am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

It’s very close to downtown Decatur.

Nice!
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 5:37am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

I laugh in Swahili grin grin grin

The countryside will always vote Republican no matter what since most of them are really really very conservative.

But the Atlanta Metro Area is overwhelmingly Democrats due to transplant from other Liberal Cities like New York City & Washington DC.

Isn’t the Mayor of Atlanta Keisha Lance Bottoms a Democrat?
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 5:53am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

The countryside will always vote Republican no matter what since most of them are really really very conservative.

But the Atlanta Metro Area is overwhelmingly Democrats due to transplant from other Liberal Cities like New York City & Washington DC.

Isn’t the Mayor of Atlanta Keisha Lance Bottoms a Democrat?

The thing is that even the metro votes would be split, 60 to 70% Democrats and 30 to 40% Republican. When you add in the fact that the Southern Counties vote rEpublican 70 to 80%, it is unfairly skewed in favor of Republican candidate. Funny enough in the history of Georgia, there's only been about 5 Republican Governors....lol. The last Democrat(Roy Barnes) from 1999 to 2003 almost sunk the state.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

The thing is that even the metro votes would be split, 60 to 70% Democrats and 30 to 40% Republican. When you add in the fact that the Southern Counties vote rEpublican 70 to 80%, it is unfairly skewed in favor of Republican candidate. Funny enough in the history of Georgia, there's only been about 5 Republican Governors....lol. The last Democrat(Roy Barnes) from 1999 to 2003 almost sunk the state.

Maybe that explain why rural Georgia is stagnating while Metro Atlanta & surrounding Areas are booming lol...
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 15, 2019
DaddyGngeess:

That shouldn't be the solution, running from your country to another because u want a good life and your children to have a good life bla bla, what is the guarantee that your children will have a good life? Base on what is happening in those countries now, some might end up regretting it believe me.

So what’s the solution?? People’s vote don’t even count which is probably the only power we have to effect some change..the last real election in this country was in 1993 ..
People don’t even feel safe, no one is exempted these days, people leave their homes and get kidnapped for rituals or for ransom..
Don’t people migrate from imo to lagos, from the north to the south....so because it’s across countries or continent now makes migration wrong...people have been migrating since the beginning of time...90% of Americans claiming Americans now were all immigrants...
U are even asking me what’s the guarantee the these people’s children will have a good life.. won’t people survive first before they can even think of having a good life....nothing is actually guaranteed in life...but it doesn’t take rocket science to know that a child who grows in a better working system has a better chance than one who grow up in a third world country... ddnt you see the video of the Nigerian-Canadian who came home with her family and was kidnapped the husband killed and 9year old daughter rapped repeatedly..?? Go and tell her migration isn’t the solution...it’s like because you have peace and food around u, you don’t know we are not at peace in this country...people are actually running from their homes...many Hausas are now refugees in the US and Uk...

staying and fighting for Nigeria is patriotic and good...but I won’t blame anyone leaving either..so I ask u again..what is the solution...how are u fighting for a better Nigeria...??
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Hotzone(m): 7:39am On Oct 15, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Guy!!
Ndukwe E! E, ndi ishi akwukwo!
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by bolayei: 7:56am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

Empty drum....With all your greatness dem no know your papa for UK grin grin grin Omo Ale Jati Jati grin grin grin grin
Atleast I don't have to be stuck in traffic for hours or catch the trains anymore or live in one town Monday to Friday and another over the weekend. Please what's the difference between that and living in Nigeria? Look some people don leave that life behind. Abeg who knows Adeleke in Atlanta with all his billions?

You are the bastard that can not see any good you can bring to your fatherland.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by bolayei: 7:59am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

Oh no, the places you are mentioning are luxury living. They're almost comparable to some places in LA and Beverly Hills but Alpharetta/Roswell? Those houses were going for 150 to 250k after the 2008 financial crisis, it's a shame man never hammer back then....lol.
So Na slum you still de?
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by bolayei: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

Keep it like that bro. Once you join their associations you won't integrate into the system and eat out of the big apple
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2019
djon78:

Story story...... True its not easy here in Nigeria, but that doesn't mean it will remain like that.
The room for improvement, potential for growth favours Nigeria more than Canada and UK. In fact the potential is very vast if we get our acts right. I am not a pessimist but an optimist and I believe with time, Nigeria will get so much better!!

U are just speaking grammar....improvement, potential...we all know Nigeria has potential Abeg ..none of us are pessimists, of course there’s no place like home...but look around u..it’s not even about being rich anymore..people don’t feel safe in their own mother land anymore ..:
Incase u don’t know, we are at war, people getting displaced from their homes, before it was just the north, now cases of random violence exist in the east....the leaders have advanced from looting treasuries to sponsoring violence so as to get regular foreign aid.. our vote doesn’t even count anymore, when elections come our government still employ thugs and law enforcement against us...the last real elections was 1993..see be patriotic all u want but don’t blame those that are leaving or want to leave....cos there’s enuf reason to do so
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by soleexx(m): 8:57am On Oct 15, 2019
so you guys trying to say if you still based in Nigeria... you are not moving forward ....

Thank you Harlem for accepting me to your neighborhoo grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by nlPoster: 10:26am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

I don’t really want another financial crisis to occur but that might only be the way for people like us to cash in on the falling real estate & become home owners.

The Prices of houses right now all need to come down to previous lows in order to enable people to buy in

From New York City to Washington D.C. to Los Angeles to Miami to Atlanta most Middle Class Americans have been slowly but surely priced out ever owning a nice house.

Not really.

Why do you think so?
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by GoodFaith: 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

Yea, knowing Americans, we'll see another housing bubble sooner than later. The country just loves buying buying buying and credit/mortgage is king grin grin grin grin

we are waiting
it will not be that bad likely 15% discount
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by GoodFaith: 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
ajl:

Bent mouth? That's Chrietien or something close to that?
correct
what about the dude with the long jaw? and the lady her name start with C
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by GoodFaith: 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
salford1:

Lived/worked in or just visited? There is a big difference between the two.
I have live(d) and work(ed) in both. No one is better than the other. Both have advantages and disadvantages
story stop it
There is a great differences between UK and Canada
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Beautyaddy: 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

grin grin grin

I’m low key praying for a mild recession so everything can crash so poor men like us can be able to buy lol...

Hmmm...Unless you have a lot of saved cash hidden somewhere I wouldn't advise you to beckon on that...and the reason is because that's when most of those Banks start withholding from lending money because the interest rate is very low during that time and to them it does not favour them.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Beautyaddy: 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

And what will that Democrat do?

If you notice that it's the States or Cities that are predominately Democrats are where the very high cost of living is rampant.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
Beautyaddy:

And what will that Democrat do?

If you notice that it's the States or Cities that are predominately Democrats are where the very high cost of living is rampant.

Well, those places also have the best paying jobs.

Cities controlled by Democrats like New York City, Washington D.C., Boston, Philadelphia & Seattle have the highest paying jobs.

OR would you rather move to the Republican controlled states of Alabama, Mississippi & Arkansas which are currently tied as the poorest states in America.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...Unless you have a lot of saved cash hidden somewhere I wouldn't advise you to beckon on that...and the reason is because that's when most of those Banks start withholding from lending money because the interest rate is very low during that time and to them it does not favour them.

They should be able to lend as long as you have Good Credit plus a Good Job.

Home Prices are so high right now that the Government needs to take action to curb the High Cost of buying a New Home.

I don’t think a recession is a good thing but that’s one way I think the market can be forced to self correct due to the effect of a mild recession & the forces of supply & demand.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by GoodFaith: 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

If you sat in traffic for 2 hours in Atlanta, you go know say e good make person use money buy convenience grin grin grin grin
Like the City of preach tree
I want one of the golf car
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
Beautyaddy:

I also heard some parts of Europe have negative interest rates but I don’t know how well negative interest rates will play at large in the Economy of the United States.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

Maybe that explain why rural Georgia is stagnating while Metro Atlanta & surrounding Areas are booming lol...

Don't tell me you're one of those that believes democrats bring prosperity and Republicans brings chaos? Lol...they're all the same! Atlanta is the capital so naturally it has to develop much faster than the Southern areas but places like Macon, Savannah and others are equally developed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See Photos Of The New Look Of Abuja Airport Reopened Today / Photos: Transport Ideas That Can Reduce Traffic/Accidents In Lagos. / Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.