Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend (24227 Views)

Security Guard Sets Master’s House On Fire After Disagreement / 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition / JSS 3 Student Commits Suicide Over Love Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by tushbobo(m): 9:43am On Nov 14, 2010
End of discussion
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Ifedisky(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2010
Sad tale for such a young girl. Too many questions; if homicide was it accidental or premeditated? If the former why should a Law student do such in his own room?
Who can vouch for this orphan's psychological health? Was she being coerced into stylized prostitution by the sister? Was she resentful of this state given that she's in a "good" relationship yet cannot stop because of a lack of benefactor and the sister's insistence?
The lil girl must have lived a traumatised life yet nobody was there to give her sop, not even her boyfriend, a classic case of suffering and smiling.
As dire as this case is, it is a microcosm of what happens in the larger society: young adult male defiling young impressionable girls because they cannot survive the "Aristo" culture in our society that gives "love" to the highest bidder; young girls being forced into prostitution by relatives whose moral stand is weakened by an unforgiving society that doesn't recognise nor encourage piety. Even our young men looking for the "perfect" girl yet oblivious or insensitive to how she survives her peculiar situ. Contributing nada to her upkeep and only after extracting sexual gratification for the "love" they think they give yet would be aggrieved if the girl falls for the slightest temptation.
Until the society is such that everybody is empowered economically and until our young people recognise that therez nothing like a perfect relationship and start attending to people on their individual situs things like this will continue. Such a sad waste.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2010
i live in shasha too@moshalasi b.stop wat i kn for sure is dat she was found naked hang to a fan, cn she do dat alone?
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by redsun(m): 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
Of course she can do that alone.With the exploit of the web and easily accessible informations,more young nigerians are becoming more daring and suicidal,no longer tied down in that placid of suffering and smiling and waiting for god to make things it better that will never come.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Blazay(m): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2010
What is a 17 year-old girl doing out of school 4king round Lagos compus?
Just wondering. Where are her parents? undecided
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by redsun(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2010
Blazay:

What is a 17 year-old girl doing out of school 4king round Lagos compus?
Just wondering. Where are her parents? undecided

Ask the nigerian senators what the age of consent is in nigeria.The last i heard from them,it was 13years.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by IGBOboyy(m): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2010
Of course she can do that alone.With the exploit of the web and easily accessible informations,more young nigerians are becoming more daring and suicidal,no longer tied down in that placid of suffering and smiling and waiting for god to make things it better that will never come.

I bet she committed suicide cos that guy was the nicest guy she has and will ever meet right? IMO she fine pass that guy 100% one and two Naked and hanging?I just feel something ain't right here!
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Blazay(m): 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
redsun:

Ask the nigerian senators what the age of consent is in nigeria.The last i heard from them,it was 13years.

At least Yerima's 13 year-old bride is still alive and enjoying her matrimonial home. If the Peace girl wanted a ticket out of a  life of misery and poverty, how did she reckon she would get that from a broke, Yorubascious, 21 year-old law student. Obviously, the 13 year-old bride of Senator Yerima is more intelligent than this baby 'ashawo' of Akwa-Ibom State. When I tell you Southerners are dumb, you guys will think I am joking. Look at this born loser of a girl? Her parents should have sold her to one Senator in the North for $100,000 dollars and she would be breathing as we write all these. See how she died for nothing? Then again, who would want those 13 year-olds from Southern Nigeria? They prolly all have STDs fking around town from age the age of 2.

Don't you see their photographs on Nairaland? Some half-nake-d wth sagging bosoms looking for online husbands, after being defiled in their homestead and becoming ethnic sacrileges. I pity men who marry them. But then again, the men have fathers as craddle-robbers, so they deserve these defiled online brides.grin
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by IGBOboyy(m): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2010
At least Yerima's 13 year-old bride is still alive and enjoying her matrimonial home

Did you say Enjoy, Oh i forgot pedo-philia is part of the culture up North, Your Grandpa fit the time you 13 yrs old brothers babe as we speak.

Then again, who want those 13 year-olds from Southern Nigeria? They prolly all have STDs fking around town from age the age of 2.

Your emphasis on the number 13 makes me irks at the thought that i am having a convo with an actual pedo! and secondly I have dated and bedded 2 "GROWN UP" Hausa girls in the past so don't be deceived dude, that virgin might not be a virgin after all.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Blazay(m): 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2010
IGBOboyy:

Did you say Enjoy, Oh i forgot pedo-philia is part of the culture up North, Your Grandpa fit the time you 13 yrs old brothers babe as we speak.

Your emphasis on the number 13 makes me irks at the thought that i am having a convo with an actual pedo! and secondly I have dated and bedded 2 "GROWN UP" Hausa girls in the past so don't be deceived dude, that virgin might not be a virgin after all.

Of course Senator Yerima's teenage bride is enjoying marital bliss. Did you see her on the news like your Peace Asukwo?
I did not make the emphasis on the number 13. I was only responding to another poster who brought it up first.
If you have dated and bedded 2 Hausa girls in the past, were they 13 year-old virgins? No. You admitted they were "Grown Ups".

Virginity has nothing to do with this topic.
We are talking of wayward teenagers of the Southern parts of Nigeria.

If this Peace Asukwo girl died at 17, she must have been defiled serially by all the men in her family to want to end it all. We know those Calabar men do not discriminate. wink

No properly-brought up young lady will commit suicide or be placed in a position of homicide by passion like we have in this story. This story reeks of the origins grounded in pedophilia and serial defilement from fathers, brothers and uncles. Too bad it had to end with the 21 year-old law student.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by IGBOboyy(m): 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2010
were they 13 year-old virgins?

Ummm, Can you read? I said grown ups and secondly i said virgins because of your constant mention of fking around

If this Peace Asukwo girl died at 17, she must have been defiled serially by all the men in her family to want to end it all. We know those Calabar men do not discriminate. Wink

Thats not a nice thing to say about a tribe, as a matter of fact that would be tribal profiling at its finest, that's very bad man.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Blazay(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2010
IGBOboyy:

Ummm, Can you read? I said grown ups and secondly i said virgins because of your constant mention of fking around

Thats not a nice thing to say about a tribe, as a matter of fact that would be tribal profiling at its finest, that's very bad man.

I edited my post to ask you what bearing your knacking 2 Hausa grown-up babes have to do with this topic. Consenting adults? No problem.
A 17 year-old by any given standards is a child, unless the laws of whatever lands practicing 'legalized pedophilia' have no problems with it. If grown men and women decide to give their under-aged daughters to older grooms as sacrificial lambs, that should not be our headache.

So, what has your life as a philanderer got to do with this topic since your philandering partners were not minors at the time?

Tribal profilng like racial profiling is very legitimate if there is a pattern. If the shoe fits. There is more.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-461134.0.html

http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2010/06/40-years-old-akwa-ibom-man-impregnates.html

40 years old Akwa Ibom Man Impregnates his 12 year old Daughter

40 years old Akwa Ibom Man Impregnates his 12 year old Daughter

Philip Ben a 40 years old father from Itam in Akwa Ibom is facing criminal charges of child abuse and despoiling his 12 year old daughter in Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria.

The daughter alleged that her father drugged her and despoiled her. But the father claimed that his daughter lured him into the abominable act of incest.

"One day I came back from work and I met my daughter unclothed. As I was looking and admiring her, my manhood erected and I could not control myself anymore. I started caressing her, but she did not resist me, so we started the act,” Philip Ben shamelessly confessed to the Criminal Investigations Dept of the Panti - Yaba office of the Nigerian Police Force in Lagos state.

The daughter said her father had been sleeping with her since she was 10 and had sexual intercourse with her daily for two years and the last time was in March this year.

For the complete news report, see page 8 of the Daily Sun newspaper of Nigeria on Friday June 11, 2010.
ar old Daughter

More on the story.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/%e2%80%9ci-am-ready-to-face-the-consequences/

“I am ready to face the consequences”

Crime Guard Jun 12, 2010 says man who impregnated own daughter

By Evelyn Usman

Mkpondik! (meaning abomination in Akwa-Ibom dialect), exclaimed a man who had both hands on his head as he ran out of the gate of the police barracks where the Lagos State Police Public Relations Office is located in Oduduwa, Ikeja area of Lagos.

His exclamation followed the confessional statement of a 12-year -old girl who said she was impregnated by her biological father in Ikorodu area of  the state.

The suspect , 37-year-old Philip Ben, is an indigene of Itam in Akwa-Ibom state . Ben is a private driver to a Managing Director of a company in Victoria Island and occupies a two room apartment in Ikorodu.

His sacrilegious indulgence brought him to the fore after his 12 year-old daughter confessed to her school authority that she had been abused sexually by her biological father for over two years until it culminated into pregnancy.

A look at the frail- looking expectant mother as she sat watching her father whom she claimed, first had carnal knowledge of her, glaringly showed that she was deeply traumatized.  In her  narration of how she had suffered severe inflammation from the act which, she unfortunately claimed she had no option than to do her father’s bidding, the 12-year-old girl in an inaudible tone had this shocking experience to share.

My first experience
I can not tell how many times my father had slept with me. But he has been doing it for long. The first time it started, he came to the parlour where I was fast asleep with my two siblings and woke me up, saying I should come to the room. I went and he said I should start fanning him with local fan which I did until I slept off. I did not know what happened thereafter but I woke up feeling weak and found myself unclothed and messy.

The suspect, Philip Ben,”I did it twice
At first I did not know what it all meant until the second and many other times. Whenever he did it , he would instruct me not to shout so as not to wake up my siblings who are five years old.

Most times he would give me hot drink(alcohol) and when he finished, he would  give me some more with some tablets. Sometimes,  he would come to where I am sleeping with my brothers to ‘have it’ and at other times, he would call me to the bedroom”

….and the threats
“On one of the occasions, I told him I was not going to allow him and he said he would beat me. He also said he would not give me food if I did not allow him”

Asked why he never bothered to tell her mother or any grown up, it was revealed that her mother was once married to her father but abandoned her and her younger brother for another man in their Akwa-Ibom home town.  Her father, as gathered, later got married about four years later . But unfortunately, the woman died, leaving behind a set of twins.

Aside this, was the threat from her father, who according to her,  warned that she must never tell anyone.  “ He said if I did, he would injure me and would never give me food again. Once he threatened to kill me.  He told me also to let him know whenever I missed my monthly flow so that he could give me some drugs”

At last pregnacy!
The clandestine atrocity came to the open following changes in the girl’s physical appearance.  First, was her unusual weight and enlarged bosoms. It was initially mistaken as part of growth until some experienced mothers around the area started insinuating the obvious. Teachers in her school also took closer look at her and one of the curious ones, reportedly invited her for discussion where she confessed to have only slept with her father.

To further confirm their doubt, Crime Guard gathered that she was taken to general hospital, Ikorodu, where a pregnancy test conducted on her proved positive.

Asked why she did not confide in her dad when she noticed she was pregnant, she responded ignorantly, “ I did not know I was pregnant. All I knew is that I was always feeling weak and tired , until people started telling me my tummy was coming out”, stated the primary six pupil.

Father Arrested
Coming home Monday, on his motorcycle which he used to pick passengers on his way from work, Mr Philip was accosted by three men in plain clothes who later identified themselves as policemen. Apparently thinking they were about extorting money from him, he volunteered to follow them to the station as insisted, where to his amazement , he was told his offence.

Shivering like a lily- livered fellow, he told Crime Guard that “ this is the devil’s handiwork. I do not know what came over me”

The temptation
Asked how he felt having carnal knowledge of his own daughter, he kept mute and later bent his head in shame . When he raised it up, he shook it repeatedly in self pity and said, “ I do not know.

But all I have to say is that she tempted me.
The first day it started , I came home late and met her stark unclothed. I was so tired that I just laid on the bed where I met her. And when I woke up again, I did not know what came over me but before I knew it, I was already done”

Asked why he did not stop after the first attempt , he said “ she was always tempting me. At times even if I did not feel like it, she would come and start playing with me and that way I would be excited. Even when I cautioned her, she kept coming to me at night”

While his daughter said she could not count the number of times her father had carnal knowledge of her, Philip on his part, said he only did it twice. Asked  whether he used condom , he said, “ I only used condom once but never used at other times”, he said, apparently forgotten he had earlier denied doing it  several times.

Also asked how he felt like having it with his own daughter, he said off handedly, “even though I am feeling bad now, I used to feel like any other man”.

At this point, he got agitated at the numerous questions posed at him and flared up, “ I know I have done a wrong thing but she is instrumental to it all , after all, she always came to sleep on my bed instead of being with her brothers and when I asked , she would say she did not feel like sleeping alone. She enjoyed it while it lasted. Even when I slept with her the first time, she was not a virgin.

I went to bring her from the village after the death of my second wife. Her mother was my first wife but  left and got married to another man . Since then, the two children she had for me had been in the village.  I was told to come and take my daughter because she had started moving with men and I did, purposely for her to take care of the twins left by my second wife.  And she had never said no to my advances”.

Father and possessive lover
Preliminary investigations by the police after  his arrest,  revealed that he resigned from his first place of work which usually took him away from home for a day or two, to keep an eye on his teenage daughter whom people reportedly feared was been wooed by boys in the neighbourhood. Aside this, was his effort to engage her and her siblings in evening classes, with a view to shielding her from prying eyes of men. Unknown to many , he was only keeping her for himself.

But in defence he explained his intention , “ I just did not want a situation whereby she would be going out with men around . This is because I was told that she had been sleeping with a particular boy some compounds away.  I had to even change my job in order to keep an eye on her. I did it to protect her”

I am ready to accept the baby
His next statement took everyone by surprise when he said he would not want the pregnancy tampered with.

“The deed has been done and there is nothing I can do. She still remains my daughter . When I come out of this , I will still receive her back and plan to get a serious relationship with a lady, even though I have concluded not to . I  promise to treat her better than before. I am ready to face the consequences of my act because I know what I have done is an abomination.

After this, I will go to the village and do the necessary sacrifice to avert any evil from her. I am also ready to accept  her and the baby , if only for the sake of her siblings whom she has been taking care of”.

Crime Guard gathered that already, Lagos State Police Command has concluded plans to invite a Women Rights group called ‘Project alert’.   The group, it was learnt,  has signified interest to re-condition the victims’s psychological state with a view to alleviating her traumatic experience.    Meanwhile, Police said her father would soon be charged to court for defilement.

[size=18pt]Mkpondik![/size]

This Peace Asukwo of a girl must have been despoiled by her father. Her death is a culmination of the miseries she had endured in the hands of her father and uncles.
Akwa Ibom is famous for sexual and physical abuse against children. Do the math.

My point? This Peace Asukwo girl must have gone through the same thing to get her to the point of suicide. No well brought up teenager with confidence and self-esteem from a nuturing biological father or step-father will commit suicide or die in the hands of a broke, law-student, expecting she had found her knight in shinning armor because of a few fuks. Obviously, the only thing she knew in her life was fuking around the whole place. She has met her just rewards. Poor thing.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by IGBOboyy(m): 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2010
Philanderer? Haha far from that. Only said that because, I can tell you are a northerner and sounded as though you thought the gals from your geo region where the holiest.

If grown men  and women decide to give their under-aged daughters to older grooms as sacrificial lambs, that should not be our headache.

Kids should never be given as "sacrificial lambs" as you put it not even adults.

BTW dont you think we are delving away from the actual topic here.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Blazay(m): 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2010
IGBOboyy:

Philanderer? Haha far from that. Only said that because, I can tell you are a northerner and sounded as though you thought the gals from your geo region where the holiest.

Kids should never be given as "sacrificial lambs" as you put it not even adults.

BTW dont you think we are delving away from the actual topic here.

I never claimed the gals of the North were holier than those from the South.
I repeat, if the women who gave birth to these 'kids' are not complaining, who am I to complain?
You better allow them to indulge in their fantasies or they may be coming after your's for lack of availability.
But we do not want those from the South do we? We know they have been 4king since the age 2.

We are not deviating from the topic. A 17 year-old girl dies in a romantic adventure of a life time with a 21 year old law student.
Boy. Southern pedophiles do start young not so? cheesy

What is a 21 year old man doing with a 17 year old girl who has not even learned how to wipe her butt properly?
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by IGBOboyy(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2010
Blazay:

I never claimed the gals of the North were holier than those from the South.
I repeat, if the women who gave birth to these 'kids' are not complaining, who am I to complain?
You better allow them to indulge in their fantasies or they may be coming after your's for lack of availability.
But we do not want those from the South do we? We know they have been 4king since the age 2.

We are not deviating from the topic. A 17 year-old girl dies in a romantic adventure of a life time with a 21 year old law student.
Boy. Southern craddle-robbers do start young not so? cheesy

What is a 21 year old man doing with a 17 year old girl who has not even learned how to wipe her butt properly?

21 - 17 =4

Although not quite up to the age of consent, there's not much of an age difference if you compare sixty something to "13 years old" and i doubt a 13 yrs old can wipe her butt properly either! wink
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Blazay(m): 8:16pm On Nov 14, 2010
IGBOboyy:

21 - 17 =4

Although not quite up to the age of consent, there's not much of an age difference if you compare sixty something to "13 years old" and i doubt a 13 yrs old can wipe her butt properly either! wink

But 13 year-old girls of the North do not die from low self-esteem inflicted on them by their Southern Christian fathers, uncles and brothers in the Southern parts of Nigeria. The Northern teenage brides may die from VVF while trying to give birth as married teenage brides which I find disgusting and terrible like you do. But such 13 year-olds have the permission of their parents and the women who give birth to these young girls expect the same tradition of legalized pedophilia as sanctioned by the culture, religion and tradition. Now, if anyone should change that, it should be them. Not you or I. Most of the 60-something year-old male also give their own daughters out in marriage to other 60-something year old men. Exchange is no robbery right? Furthermore, the women are always more than willing to submit their daughters to the same treatment they were previously subjected to without complaining.

21-17=4 grin

A young pedo-philly can be excused I see.  Please, you men out there should start at the age of 21 and make your pedo-phillic adventures legal and acceptable. That age is closer to that of the victims you molest. Don't wait till you are in your 60s. cheesy

Young pedo-philly of the South ok.
Old pedo-philly of the North, taboo.

Good one there.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by IGBOboyy(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2010

Young pedo-philly of the South ok.
Old pedo-philly of the North, taboo.

Good one there.

Haha a peedo is a peedo geo location doesn't matter in this situation. grin
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Blazay(m): 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2010
IGBOboyy:

Haha a peedo is a peedo geo location doesn't matter in this situation. grin

Thank you. cheesy
I am happy you get my point.
The 21 year-old man in this story is a peedo for Yorubaland.
Cased closed. cool
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by nic121: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2010
this is murder how many girls will commit sucide just because the boyfriend broke up with her cmon the guy killed her simple
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by IGBOboyy(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2010
Blazay:

I edited my post to ask you what bearing your knacking 2 Hausa grown-up babes have to do with this topic. Consenting adults? No problem.
A 17 year-old by any given standards is a child, unless the laws of whatever lands practicing 'legalized pedophilia' have no problems with it. If grown men  and women decide to give their under-aged daughters to older grooms as sacrificial lambs, that should not be our headache.

So, what has your life as a philanderer got to do with this topic since your philandering partners were not minors at the time?

Tribal profilng like racial profiling is very legitimate if there is a pattern. If the shoe fits. There is more.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-461134.0.html

http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2010/06/40-years-old-akwa-ibom-man-impregnates.html

More on the story.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/%e2%80%9ci-am-ready-to-face-the-consequences/

[size=18pt]Mkpondik![/size]

This Peace Asukwo of a girl must have been despoiled by her father. Her death is a culmination of the miseries she had endured in the hands of her father and uncles.
Akwa Ibom is famous for sexual and physical abuse against children. Do the math.

My point? This Peace Asukwo girl must have gone through the same thing to get her to the point of suicide. No well brought up teenager with confidence and self-esteem from a nuturing biological father or step-father will commit suicide or die in the hands of a broke law student, expecting she had found her knight in shinning armor because of a few fuks. Obviously, the only thing she knew in her life was fuking around the whole place. She has met her just rewards. Poor thing.

Its still tribal profiling. They aren't the only ones doing it check the links below, sadly enough they are both from the south, the southwest to be specific. cry

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-531518.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527236.0.html

See my point?
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by maedan(f): 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2010
Gosh what a thread, reading so much esp about the fathers sleeping/impregnating their child-daughters. I mean like, seriously?? It's very very common but I never understood it except some men have no control at all esp when it comes to innocent young girls.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Ivynwa(f): 1:15am On Nov 15, 2010
Here comes soft-hearted Maedan sweetie! Girlfriend it seems you grew up in heaven or your parents shielded and closed your eyes from the anomalies and imperfections of our world. Now come down to earth. People do stuffs you know, where did someone get the heart to lock up his daughter in a basement underneath his feet for good 24 long years, made babies with her and had the heart to watch those babies stoop and walk bent (when they overgrew the height of the basement). People do stuffs dear!
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Blazay(m): 1:50am On Nov 15, 2010
IGBOboyy:

Its still tribal profiling.
They aren't the only ones doing it check the links below, sadly enough they are both from the south, the southwest to be specific. cry

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-531518.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527236.0.html

See my point?

And my point too. That is one of the reasons I found that Senator Yerima story funny. Hypocrites from the Southern parts of Nigeria were blaring their traps all over the cyber airways. Pedo-phillia is bad no matter what part of the world it is practiced. I am glad more of these stories are being published so we can know for a fact how to address them in ALL ethnic groups. Including the non-Sharia holier-than-thou ones. Nothing wrong with tribal or racial profiling. It may save your life and those of your loved ones when in contact with other ethnic groups or races. Certain things become the 'cultural elements" perculiar to certain group/s of people.

Shine your eyes bro.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Blazay(m): 1:57am On Nov 15, 2010
nic121:

this is murder how many girls will commit sucide just because the boyfriend broke up with her cmon the guy killed her simple

This is very possible. But what was she doing out of her parents' home, assuming she had parents? Prolly one of these hot-headed girls that do not listen to their parents. Is that the pure water her parents sent her to sell? undecided Now, we shall never find out. She was found in her room and not the boyfriend's room.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Ivynwa(f): 2:39am On Nov 15, 2010
Ifedisky:

Sad tale for such a young girl. Too many questions; if homicide was it accidental or premeditated? If the former why should a Law student do such in his own room?Who can vouch for this orphan's psychological health? Was she being coerced into stylized prostitution by the sister? Was she resentful of this state given that she's in a "good" relationship yet cannot stop because of a lack of benefactor and the sister's insistence?
The lil girl must have lived a traumatised life yet nobody was there to give her sop, not even her boyfriend, a classic case of suffering and smiling.
As dire as this case is, it is a microcosm of what happens in the larger society: young adult male defiling young impressionable girls because they cannot survive the "Aristo" culture in our society that gives "love" to the highest bidder; young girls being forced into prostitution by relatives whose moral stand is weakened by an unforgiving society that doesn't recognise nor encourage piety. Even our young men looking for the "perfect" girl yet oblivious or insensitive to how she survives her peculiar situ. Contributing nada to her upkeep and only after extracting sexual gratification for the "love" they think they give yet would be aggrieved if the girl falls for the slightest temptation.
Until the society is such that everybody is empowered economically and until our young people recognise that therez nothing like a perfect relationship and start attending to people on their individual situs things like this will continue. Such a sad waste.
Ifedisky are you a woman? How come you feel the ugly things some innocent young girls undergo in our society this much? I am touched that you placed it right my brother.
Some young girls are going through hell in in the hands of some adults in our society. I once saw once in the television how a certain Nigerian woman went to a village and confused some parents of some young girls to allow their young daughters come and work in her food eatery place only to bring them down to Lagos and force them into prostitution. Some of them that refused to be subdued were disvirgined with bottles by that wicked woman.
The evil that some of us do to the girl child in our society are are unimaginable, ranging from the people that use-them-and-dump-them to the ones that tell them lies and capitalize on their youth, innocence and yearning for love and deceive them into fake relationships, still ranging to some that take young girls out of the country and force them into all kinds of ugly things.
If she is not well guarded at the tender age, she can fall into the hands of those that have the heart to despoil a tender kid of 2 or 3 years.
She gets into her teenage age and if her parents are not advising, loving and caring for her well enough she might get deceived into teenage pregnancy. If she has the baby she gets ostracized by a society that considers her wild and men that considers her dirty and used whereas in some countries single mothers are well sought after.
If she was coolheaded enough and avoided deceivers and stood on keeping her chastity, she stands a chance of being overstepped by some men and suitors.
If she remains adamant and unmarried at her thirties, the society and sometimes even family and even her fellow women will begin to look down on her and mock her.
If she gets into her forties and fifties and did not marry nor have children, she gets called a witch and wicked and bad woman. This is the attitude some in our Nigerian society mete out to the girl child.

This poor girl is gone, I believe 90% that she unhappily killed herself but I am not perfect and may not be right. May the truth about it all be found so that they can give her closure as none of us can give her back life. Please may the society let up on helpless young ones, do young girls have to go through many ugly things while growing up just because they are young and helpless?
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by softgirl1: 8:34am On Nov 15, 2010
so sad i so much feel for the girl that is wat hapens when parient die and leave thier children dat girl must have taken the relatioship as her life and most have seen the guy as the only reason to leave eya poor girl
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Ranoscky(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2010
Dumb founded.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by chuqudy(m): 10:08am On Nov 15, 2010
See what South west has done to south-south. Next it might be the north. Remember the zoning arrangement. That's too bad. That is why I do not blame girls who make two or more boy friends. If one disappoints her she clings on the other.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Ifedisky(m): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2010
author=Ivynwa link=topic=547269.msg7145362#msg7145362 date=1289785171]
Ifedisky are you a woman? How come you feel the ugly things some innocent young girls undergo in our society this much? I am touched that you placed it right my brother.
[quote][/quote]
I am male. Itz just that I have the priviledge of being acquainted with women who have gone through things in this our society. It was mixed emotion reading your story; happy that you escaped despoil but sad at what our men have turned to. Personally, i think our superficial puritanism and economic downturn have turned relationship and se-x into an underground vortex of illicit debauchery. People that are ordinarily respectable members of society have turned into closet se-x predators because the holier-than- thou society places a premuim, not on values but on appearances. Our value system is so degraded that so far you appear good in public, it does not matter if your conscience is seared by iniquity in private. Until we face FACTS, excreta will continue to be the norm
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by SALady(f): 10:47am On Nov 15, 2010
Ranoscky:

Dumb founded.

What shall we say about the young and the restless. Being young is the toughest ish! This is really sad.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by oluwamykel(m): 11:42am On Nov 15, 2010
R.I.P, >>>
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Orikinla(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2010
Her killer(s) made it look like suicide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial / Lady Who Was Hit By A Stray Bullet In Ibadan, Dies. Photos / Oyo Police Arrest Fraudsters Who Raped A Girl And Collected 1.4m From Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.