Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat (14695 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Actually Came To The Earth / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Emusan(m): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
wirinet:
Darkness surrounds a spherical earth because spaces itself is black.

You can tell that to your 1year old kid.

Space is black because light needs to reflect on something before it gets to your eyes to see it.

The lie you've been sold to

Are you then saying since space is black then space is EMPTY?

So the only things you see are those that reflect the sun's lights. If nothing is reflected then you only see pitch blackness.

Is space empty?
The same scientists say space is not empty....how come all the particles can't create reflection?

The same thing with heat, the sun's rays create heat only when it hits something. If the sun's rays does not hit anything, then the sun's rays travel in almost absolute zero space. This explains why the higher you go the colder it becomes. The sun's rays hit the Earth's surface and heats it up, so the atmosphere is getting most of its heat from the ground and not directly from the sun's rays. The only exceptions are gasses in the outermost later of the atmosphere that gets heated directly by the sun's rays.

Out of it....

At least I'm happy you could see the lies of darkness around the supposed spherical earth when the supposed called huge Sun could dwarf.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Truthwords: 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
you have been a a serious joke since this thread started. I don't care about my followers on nairaland my aim here is to spread the message to those who can think for themselves. I have been here since 2009 with very few post. The flat earth thread I created is my most viewed thread since I registered here So why do you expect my following to be much. I have challenged you before now to try and disprove my assertions only for you to cowardly dodge. I know you are here as a troll to creat distraction and make the whole flat earth thing look like a joke and that's why I have been ignoring you and you know that.
If your cowardice will let you, pls come at me with your rebuttal to any of the flat earth clams I have made. That is how we will differenciate from who is serious and making sense from who is a joke
Ignore such people , a good population of the world is asleep

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Truthwords: 4:26pm On Nov 28, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27PvDtwqSA No one can keep us asleep anymore
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Truthwords: 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2019
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2019
smh

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 12:55am On Nov 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 12:56am On Nov 29, 2019
Horlufemi:
smh
They all flat of course! Lol
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by MuttleyLaff: 4:34am On Nov 29, 2019
Truthwords:
h t tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp7xotUQLdQ

budaatum:
https://www.livescience.com/14754-ingenious-flat-earth-theory-revealed-map.html
Thinking out loud. How come virtually everyone who is anyone, in the block, had a sun god to worship, but the Yoruba and/or Ibo seemingly never had any sun god to worship?

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 7:30am On Nov 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Thinking out loud. How come virtually everyone who is anyone, in the block, had a sun god to worship, but the Yoruba and/or Ibo seemingly never had any sun god to worship?
There's a lot of people who never had a sun god, I think, and would love some data if you got any.

The quoted says "sky"; Olorun is God of everything.
https://www.windows2universe.org/mythology/olorun_sky.html&edu=high

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by MuttleyLaff: 9:33am On Nov 29, 2019
Truthwords:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp7xotUQLdQ

budaatum:
There's a lot of people who never had a sun god, I think, and would love some data if you got any.
Fill your boots, sink and get your teeth into the video data above, that I got, courtesy of Truthwords.

budaatum:
The quoted says "sky"; Olorun is God of everything.
https://www.windows2universe.org/mythology/olorun_sky.html&edu=high
I know all that. I get all that, but I am talking, specificallyof the sun god. Yoruba and/or Ibo worship rivers, trees, rocks etcetera but why does it seem that the sun slipped through their net of worshipping it, like some others widely did or do? FOLYKAZE, I think your valued expertise on indigenous mythology and/or pantheon, is requested and/or need here about this, lol.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by kkins25(m): 9:49am On Nov 29, 2019
Horlufemi:
smh
this is what baffles me my brother....

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by kkins25(m): 9:57am On Nov 29, 2019
[quote author=EMILO2STAY post=84284399][/quote]I am a relativity enthusiasts, kindly tell me what you know corncerning relativity.. you also habe dodge my questions. Why?

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2019
kkins25:
I am a relativity enthusiasts, kindly tell me what you know corncerning relativity.. you also habe dodge my questions. Why?
what the hell are you talking about which of your questions have I dogged? You are the one dodging my questions when I asked you about the earths tilt and gravity, you promised to answer but never did.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Fill your boots, sink and get your teeth into the video data above, that I got, courtesy of Truthwords.

I know all that. I get all that, but I am talking, specificallyof the sun god. Yoruba and/or Ibo worship rivers, trees, rocks etcetera but why does it seem that the sun slipped through their net of worshipping it, like some others widely did or do? FOLYKAZE, I think your valued expertise on indigenous mythology and/or pantheon, is requested and/or need here about this, lol.
Yoruba religion did not rely on going directly to Olorun (Lord of Heaven and all that's in it)), as we had more immediate practical things to take to our practical earth living (sub-)gods to solve. The sun will not stop lions eating you, though it was recognized for putting food in your belly if properly 'worshipped'. Ultimate glory for everything however was to Olorun who is the God of everything, including the sun, even when you went through gods of iron or smallpox to acknowledge that fact. Its like going through a pastor today to get to God. Some things just remain the same.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
Horlufemi:
smh
to believe the flat earth cosmology, you have to disbelieve the globe earth cosmology. In the flat earth cosmology there is no space. The earth is the center of the universe.

There are so many problems with the globe earth cosmology, and that is because it is all a lie. Like I said before the problem with lying too much is the fact that you do Not know when you contradict your self.

It is often said by heliocentrist that venus and Mercury can be seen at night with a telescope. But they forget that these two so called planets orbit the inner most circle of the solar system which faces the sun so therefore they cannot be see at night because the earth will be facing the dark side of the the solar system at night. Guess they forgot about that because heliocentrism is not just a lie but it is a big lie.

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wirinet(m): 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
to believe the flat earth cosmology, you have to disbelieve the globe earth cosmology. In the flat earth cosmology there is no space. The earth is the center of the universe.

There are so many problems with the globe earth cosmology, and that is because it is all a lie. Like I said before the problem with lying too much is the fact that you do Not know when you contradict your self.

It is often said by heliocentrist that venus and Mercury can be seen at night with a telescope. But they forget that these two so called planets orbit the inner most circle of the solar system which faces the sun so therefore they cannot be see at night because the earth will be facing the dark side of the the solar system at night. Guess they forgot about that because heliocentrism is not just a lie but it is a big lie.
Still advertising your ignorance. All these questions had been answered again and again, but of course, you are never interested in learning, only mindlessly pushing a religious dogma.

If you were interested in really learning why we see venus and Mercury even as they are in the inner orbits, read some information here - https://astronomy.stackexchange.com/questions/21941/how-can-we-see-venus-at-night
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
wirinet:

Still advertising your ignorance. All these questions had been answered again and again, but of course, you are never interested in learning, only mindlessly pushing a religious dogma.

If you were interested in really learning why we see venus and Mercury even as they are in the inner orbits, read some information here - https://astronomy.stackexchange.com/questions/21941/how-can-we-see-venus-at-night

so you've found your voice again, I am not going to any site post it hear for all to see. Remember I told you that you don't have the right to call any one ignorant because you have displayed first class ignorance hear I see that you have no shame only replying when you think you've found a fault.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wirinet(m): 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
so you've found your voice again, I am not going to any site post it hear for all to see. Remember I told you that you don't have the right to call any one ignorant because you have displayed first class ignorance hear I see that you have no shame only replying when you think you've found a fault.
You are not going to any site to learn real astronomy, but you went to pseudo science sites to post stupid inaccurate graphics showing venus and Mercury cannot be seen from earth.

I have achieved my aim of countering your Crazy flat earth theology. Most people don't take you serious and only one or two fellow ignorant religious fundamentalists support you.

I decided to reply your post about venus and Mercury not being visible from earth to inform others who are truly interested in learning how and why they are visible from earth.

You are already a lost cause, you believe flat earth as a religion. Even if Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos or Richard Branson takes you to space to see the round earth in one of their proposed space tourism programmes expected to start operating within the next few years, you mind would still not be able to process it. You will still find more ridiculous theories on how they are deceiving your eyes to see round earth. Imagine the craziness of saying videos of space were filmed inside water.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

I know all that. I get all that, but I am talking, specificallyof the sun god. Yoruba and/or Ibo worship rivers, trees, rocks etcetera but why does it seem that the sun slipped through their net of worshipping it, like some others widely did or do? FOLY, I think your valued expertise on indigenous mythology and/or pantheon, is requested and/or need here about this, lol.

Muttley, Obatala is the deity of light, that covers everything that illuminate, including the sun.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by kkins25(m): 1:24am On Nov 30, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
what the hell are you talking about which of your questions have I dogged? You are the one dodging my questions when I asked you about the earths tilt and gravity, you promised to answer but never did.
my friends have answered those questions repeatedly..,, you and your alternate moniker emusan dodge my questions.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by MuttleyLaff: 3:57am On Nov 30, 2019
budaatum:
Yoruba religion did not rely on going directly to Olorun (Lord of Heaven and all that's in it)), as we had more immediate practical things to take to our practical earth living (sub-)gods to solve. The sun will not stop lions eating you, though it was recognized for putting food in your belly if properly 'worshipped'. Ultimate glory for everything however was to Olorun who is the God of everything, including the sun, even when you went through gods of iron or smallpox to acknowledge that fact. Its like going through a pastor today to get to God. Some things just remain the same.
Again budaatum, I get all that, I get that God, is the God of everything, including the God over the river others worshiped, the rocks they worshiped, the cave they worshiped, the trees they worshiped, but my observation is that from the Egyptians, to the Greeks, the Hindu Indians, the Mayas of Mexico and Central America, the Incas or South American Indians of the Andes region, the Japanese, these lot worshipped the Sun directly but I am not aware the sun ever being directly worshiped in SW, SS SE SSE Naija

FOLYKAZE:
Muttley, Obatala is the deity of light, that covers everything that illuminate, including the sun.
I get that Obatala is the deity of light, that covers everything that illuminate, including the sun, but I am talking of the sun being the object of worship as done by others like the he Egyptians, to the Greeks, the Hindu Indians, the Mayas of Mexico and Central America, the Incas or South American Indians of the Andes region, the Japanese, etcetera. The Yoruba or Ibo, must have known something for not joining the bandwagon that took fancy to worshiping an object of creation, the Sun, so I thought.

Then, my interest, concerning an apparent absence of Africans taking the sun, a created object to be worshiped, I stumbled upon the Fon people, the west african ethnic group from Dahomey, who worshiped Mawu-Lisa, an androgynous deity made up of Mawu, that's female and Lisa, that's male. Mawu-Lisa is told of as one person with two faces. One face, the face of Mawu, is that of a woman whose eyes are the Moon while the other face, the face of Lisa, is that of a man whose eyes are the Sun. The Fon people have affiliation with the Yoruba, they are somehow connected with the Yoruba, as apparently where Mawu means god, Lisa is a derivative word taken from the Yoruba orisa

FOLYKAZE, it might interest you to know that the name Lisa among the Fon appears to have been derived from us, their neighbour, nearby Yoruba people, who use the word oriṣa to refer to lesser deities. The Fon people, apparently see Lisa, as an analogue, of the Yoruba god or oriṣa, Ọbatala, who is at various times, described as the twin brother, husband or son of Mawu. Interesting eh? lol. So I guess that satisfies my curiosity. The Yoruba and/or Ibo, didnt miss the boat, the sun is directly worshiped as an object by them, they accomplished this through the Fon people, with their worship of Mawu-Lisa, the lunar-aligned creatrix sun god.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:11am On Nov 30, 2019
kkins25:
my friends have answered those questions repeatedly..,, you and your alternate moniker emusan dodge my questions.
post a screen shot of their answer pls
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2019
wirinet:

You are not going to any site to learn real astronomy, but you went to pseudo science sites to post stupid inaccurate graphics showing venus and Mercury cannot be seen from earth.

I have achieved my aim of countering your Crazy flat earth theology. Most people don't take you serious and only one or two fellow ignorant religious fundamentalists support you.

I decided to reply your post about venus and Mercury not being visible from earth to inform others who are truly interested in learning how and why they are visible from earth.

You are already a lost cause, you believe flat earth as a religion. Even if Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos or Richard Branson takes you to space to see the round earth in one of their proposed space tourism programmes expected to start operating within the next few years, you mind would still not be able to process it. You will still find more ridiculous theories on how they are deceiving your eyes to see round earth. Imagine the craziness of saying videos of space were filmed inside water.

these are the rants of a mentally exhausted and frustrated atheist.
There is no single explanation for seeing venus and mercury at night when they orbit the inner most part of the solar system.

Your only achievement here is exposing your ignorance and disgracing yourself. You could not even counter just a single one of my flat earth claims but you shamelessly claim to have countered every thing, sorry for you.

There is a video of buzz aldrin admitting they never went to the moon, There is a video of an amateur rocket attached with a camera to it, when it was launched it climbed several altitude high up,.. suddenly hit something and stopped. A clear evidence the earth is closed system.
But sheeple atheist like you believe Elon musk, Jeff bezos and Richard Brandon can go to space.

NASA admitted they have never been beyond low earth orbit that they are building and testing orion which will allow for explorations beyond low earth orbit, but the same NASA went to the moon which over 200,000 miles away in 1969.

severally bubbles can be seen rising up in many of the so called videos of the ISS. Like I said an astronaut nearly drowned in space while aboard the ISS, what will make an astronaut drown in space?.

They have fooled you and you have bought every thing they feed you with because of your willingness to believe and desire to accept their falsehood to keep your atheistic false hope alive.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by OpenYourEyes1: 8:21am On Nov 30, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

There is no single explanation for seeing venus and mercury at night when they orbit the inner most part of the solar system.

Your only achievement here is exposing your ignorance and disgracing yourself. You could not even counter just a single one of my flat earth claims but you shamelessly claim to have countered every thing, sorry for you.

There is a video of buzz aldrin admitting they never went to the moon, There is a video of an amateur rocket attached with a camera to it, when it was launched it climbed several altitude high up,.. suddenly hit something and stopped. A clear evidence the earth is closed system.
But sheeple atheist like you believe Elon musk, Jeff bezos and Richard Brandon can go to space.

NASA admitted they have never been beyond low earth orbit that they are building and testing orion which will allow for explorations beyond low earth orbit, but the same NASA went to the moon which over 200,000 miles away in 1969.

severally bubbles can be seen rising up in many of the so called videos of the ISS. Like I said an astronaut nearly drowned in space while aboard the ISS, what will make an astronaut drown in space?.

They have fooled you and you have bought every thing they feed you with because of your willingness to believe and desire to accept their falsehood to keep your atheistic false hope alive.

They are probably trying to breach the shield.. and will continue to do so. In their blindness they hope to conquer GOD after the breach.
I suspect that's the purpose of obelisk or phallus symbol. *obelisk could also represent the rockets use for the breach*
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by MuttleyLaff: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2019
budaatum, FOLYKAZE and other interrested parties, please dont click on my post above to quote it because it might cause you to get banned if you do. Copy out whatever in it, you want to comment and paste it into a fresh or new post. Dont quote.

I hope you guys know why I was interested in the Yoruba and/or Ibo worshiping the object, the creation, the sun, as a god. It is because of the seemingly apparent relationship of flat-earthers with sun worshiping. FOLYKAZE, I wonder if in the Yorubas and/or Igbo mythology, they are flat-earthers. Have you anything on this?
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 8:57am On Nov 30, 2019
kkins25:
I am a relativity enthusiasts, kindly tell me what you know corncerning relativity.. you also habe dodge my questions. Why?

He likes to dodge questions and use references if retards to answer questions.

I fell for the same crap until I did my research and with my own eyes I inferred that the Earth is not only a globe but it revolves round the sun.

Tell them to do the southern cross constellation experiment and they cower and ignore. It's the best direct proof of globe Earth.

The worst thing is that they don't even have an agreed model of the flat Earth and they will never attempt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
budaa, FOLYK and other interrested parties, please dont click on my post above to quote it because it might cause you to get banned if you do. Copy whatever in it, you want to comment on into a fresh or new post

I saw that the anti spam bot shot at your previous post, that bot don get craze for head.

MuttleyLaff:
I hope you guys know I was interested in the Yoruba and/or Ibo worshiping the the object, the creation, the sun as a god. It is because of the seemingly apparent relationship of flat-earthers with sun worshiping.

MuttleyLaff:
but I am talking of the sun being the object of worship as done by others like the he Egyptians, to the Greeks, the Hindu Indians, the Mayas of Mexico and Central America, the Incas or South American Indians of the Andes region, the Japanese, etcetera. The Yoruba or Ibo, must have known something for not joining the bandwagon that took fancy to worshiping an object of creation, the Sun, so I thought.

I will like to inform you that there are 401 deities in the Yoruba spirituality system. 200 dwell and reign in Orun, while the other 200 dwell in Aiye. The Supreme singularity that reign across Orun and Aiye is the Olodumare.

From my observation, Yoruba people focus on the 200 deities which are at reach and easily accessible to them. These are the deities that impacted there personal life and which they can interrelate with.

Even at that, the 200 deities which are with us on earth are only recognised base on importance and value. Take for example, Ifa has a lot of importance to the Yoruba existence and spirituality as a whole. Osun is important to them in Osogbo but have lesser value among the Ondo people who value Ogun more. Yemoja and Olokun is valued around the coastline while Ayelala is valued among the Ikale people. I think the influence of these Orisha and acceptance is based on the value such Orisha have on the people.

Orunmila, Sango, Ogun, Esu, Egungun, and Oro are the most influenced deities among the Yoruba people. These are not up to 16, and we have 200 deities. So, only an initiate can give you a comprehensive list of these 200 deities reigning on Earth.

Now think about it, Eledumare that reigns over both realms is worshipped less. Infact, there is no dedicated shrine for Eledumare. Why, because there are deities that are closer to us and those deities should get our attention instead of running to deities who are million miles away from us.

Therefore, with limited information about the 200 deities that reign in Orun, only an initiate can affirm if Sun as an entity and deity is among them. However, Sun as a God do not have influence on the general existence of Yoruba people. And maybe they don't see value in it.

Obalata I know represent light and everything that illuminates.

MuttleyLaff:
FOLYK, I wonder if in the Yorubas and/or Igbo mythology, they are flat-earthers.

Obi ri-aiye - spherical earth
Ibi aye n yi lo - where the earth is rotating to
Eda aye kan kan n o mo - no living being knows.

The Yoruba people believe the earth is spherical and it is rotating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 9:14am On Nov 30, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

I don't know where you got your information from but I can bet it with you that you no one ever said you can only see Venus and Mercury at night. I've seen both Venus and Mercury in the evening way before the sun sets or after the sun rises depending on where they are. You didn't perform actual experiments, you were told by FErs and you just believed.

For your informate on a clear morning check tomorrow 5:30 am in the east you'll see Mercury. You might thing it's a star but it's a planet. Planet: To the unaided eye, these planets appear starlike. However, the planets moved relative to the stars. For this reason they were called wandering stars. Our word "planet" comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning "wanderer." because in a few months it won't be there anymore and after a few months it will change to been seen before and after sunset from before and after sunset. Time to see Mercury is shorter than Venus. You'll see Venus setting with the sun till at most 7:30pm. Today.

Do the experiment yourself or you can decide to shout "It's a lie"

You have the freedom to believe whatever you believe.

You will never see these planet after those times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:21am On Nov 30, 2019
Horlufemi:

I don't know where you got your information from but I can bet it with you that you no one ever said you can only see Venus and Mercury at night. I've seen both Venus and Mercury in the evening way before the sun sets or after the sun rises depending on where they are. You didn't perform actual experiments, you were told by FErs and you just believed.

For your informate on a clear morning check tomorrow 5:30 am in the east you'll see Mercury. You might thing it's a star but it's a planet. Planet: To the unaided eye, these planets appear starlike. However, the planets moved relative to the stars. For this reason they were called wandering stars. Our word "planet" comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning "wanderer." because in a few months it won't be there anymore and after a few months it will change to been seen before and after sunset from before and after sunset. Time to see Mercury is shorter than Venus. You'll see Venus setting with the sun till at most 7:30pm. Today.

Do the experiment yourself or you can decide to shout "It's a lie"

You have the freedom to believe whatever you believe.

You will never see these planet after those times.

Can this observation be carried out in our obodo Nigeria?

I will like to see those planets.

How and when can I see venus and Mercury pls?
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 9:54am On Nov 30, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Can this observation be carried out in our obodo Nigeria?

I will like to see those planets.

How and when can I see venus and Mercury pls?

If you don't know you can already see them here then you have no no knowledge on this subject matter flat Earth and co.

Yes you can I've already stated there you can see them

Tomorrow morning if it's clear wake up 5 am start watching the east, you'll see Mercury, it looks like a star. I won't vex if you say it's a lie but every week keep checking it after months you won see it again.

This evening from 5 pm look the west you'll see one bright star that's Venus.

Both planets either rise before or sets after the sun.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.stardroid

Use this app for guidance. Sky map by Google. GPS and Data are the key requirements. Use better phone with good GPS o.

I used to enjoy start gazing but Lagos pollution and light pollution is killing the show to only the brightest stars. Still planets are bright enough.

I don't know if portharcourt sky isn't as polluted as Lagos but I beg you look for the Big Dipper constellation watch it all night (I honestly don't know if it's moved to day time or night time) I pray it's in night time. Or the little Dipper they don't rise and set they rotate. It's more easier to understand if you are in countries like Russia.

Look for the southern cross constellation too. I hope it's in night time. The movement action the sky is like following a curve. Make friends in South America, South Africa and Australia.

If they can see it at night at the same time South of them the Earth is not flat.

EMILO2STAY
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:02am On Nov 30, 2019
Horlufemi:

If you don't know you can already see them here then you have no no knowledge on this subject matter flat Earth and co.

Yes you can I've already stated there you can see them

Tomorrow morning if it's clear wake up 5 am start watching the east, you'll see Mercury, it looks like a star. I won't vex if you say it's a lie but every week keep checking it after months you won see it again.

This evening from 5 pm look the west you'll see one bright star that's Venus.

Both planets either rise before or sets after the sun.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.stardroid

Use this app for guidance. Sky map by Google. GPS and Data are the key requirements. Use better phone with good GPS o.

I used to enjoy start gazing but Lagos pollution and light pollution is killing the show to only the brightest stars. Still planets are bright enough.

I don't know if portharcourt sky isn't as polluted as Lagos but I beg you look for the Big Dipper constellation watch it all night (I honestly don't know if it's moved to day time or night time) I pray it's in night time. Or the little Dipper they don't rise and set they rotate. It's more easier to understand if you are in countries like Russia.

Look for the southern cross constellation too. I hope it's in night time. The movement action the sky is like following a curve. Make friends in South America, South Africa and Australia.

If they can see it at night at the same time South of them the Earth is not flat.

EMILO2

I have been trying to find it but can't identify it among the million of stars.

Is there any specific feature that one can use to identify this is venus and this mercury, not stars?
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wirinet(m): 11:02am On Nov 30, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

Arguing senselessly like you are arguing with an ignorant 6 year old can be mentally exhaustinb and frustrating. Very few people are still interested in stupid arguments with flat earthers, even on facebook and other online platforms.

Venus that was seen by ancient Babylonians, venus that was seen and worshiped as a god by the ancient Romans, venus that is the third brightest object in the night sky, after the moon and sun, is an object someone living in the 21st century cannot be seen from the earth. Is there a better definition of insanity?

Your only achievement here is expo sing your ignorance and disgracing yourself. You could not even counter just a single one of my flat earth claims but you shamelessly claim to have countered every thing, sorry for you.
How can anyone counter a single flat earth claim, when you guys are yet to provide just one single evidence of the claims.

Why not present the video of the amateur rocket hitting an invisible barrier. It would me almost impossible for an amateur to build a rocket powerful enough to reach earth's orbit. It's takes a rocket that can travel at 11km/s to break the Earth's gravitational field. NASA, Spaces and co spend millions of dollars to send rockets into orbit.

Link where NASA admitted they have never been beyond low earth orbit. So NASA admitted that all the space programmes that they had been carrying out since the early 60s are fake. So NASA admitted that viking 1 &2 missions that landed and explored Mars, voyager 1 & 2, that has left our solar system and entered the heliosphere, and all the other numerous interplanetary missions are fake. Grand delusion.

You are big on stupendous claims but little on evidence. Where are the so called videos of the ISS showing several bubbles? Besides, liquids form round bubbles in weightless environment. So maybe that's what you are talking about.
Let's see the videos you have seen of an astronaut in space nearly drowning, or are you the only one permitted to see it.

See quixotic arrogance. They fooled 99% of the world population, from all governments of the world, to all universities and all academics. Only a few minuscule religious bigots are wise enough not to be fooled.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Rapture, Are You Prepared? / Pastor Benny Hinn Seriously Ill And Needs Our Prayers / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.