Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User (51786 Views)

Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project / Smuggling Booms At Nigeria, Niger Border, Despite Border Closure / Rivers Governorship Election Updates By Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lexy2014: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2019
kollinz1234:
This is a good thing, but for many it is bad because it is Buhari that has done it

Y is closing d borders a good thing?
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lexy2014: 11:54am On Oct 19, 2019
Starboytwo:
I knew after the xenophobic experience with south Africa when they disrespected us, something must be done... Something must be corrected asap... Imagine telling NIGERIANS to go home(cuz house no good) now all hands must be on deck to redeem the image of the country...

Let's close the border to achieve self sufficiency, most of the things we import can be produced locally.. food products etc...

One man yesterday said "na stone full naija rice", I challenged him, and told him maybe his wife did a mistake or something... I have yet to eat any "stoney rice" since... So that was obviously a lie.... Besides i prefer to eat my own stone rice, than have all these countries disrespect us anyhow, yet they depend on us for one thing or the other....

In Africa we should relate like the USA... No more "agbaya BIG BROTHER anything, now we Don see all of them for what they are, all na wash, eye service.... They can't do without us, yet openly loathe us, who does that....

Naija shall be great... Just watch..

U mentioned d US. Is d US self sufficient?
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lexy2014: 11:55am On Oct 19, 2019
ayampissed:
We really need to wake up in this country. Same thing happening at the benin- Nigeria border. All sort of items waiting to come in.

As for me the borders should remain closed until we get our act together.

D borders don't need to b closed b4 Nigeria gets its act together.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonroxyII: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
Viking007:
The next bold step should be exiting ECOWAS. Let's do a brexit NigExit.
grin ... I am even wondering what we are gaining from ECOWAS .. it is French dominated and the Francophones listen to French not us !!
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonroxyII: 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
Neptu2 is a female?! Who would’a thunk it
I don't think so ...

Naptu2 can't be a she
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2019
Augiiee:

US-Mexico border

Why are u people stressing this na. There are lots of entry points between us and Mexico and not all look like this. They only let u see what they want u to see. The image below is also us-mexico border.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonroxyII: 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Y is closing d borders a good thing?
So Proliferation of Arms and ammunition via land border is a good thing ... abi the Unhealthy goods that every Nigerian consumes helplessly.....

Nigeria only closed the land border !

Our seas and Airspace are still open for International trade ......... Most bad things and people enter this country from land .... we are not in trade war this is just a measure to combat Terrorism!!

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Ngirima: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
Commentor:

You've turned it to midnight now.

Would you die if you don't lie?

Before you saboteurs claimed the northern borders were free and accessible to traffic and trade but now that you've been shown pictures, you've started with the night theory.

Again I ask, would it kill you to tell the truth?
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
Just30:
funny grin grin grin grin grin

when Ghana retaliate
you will cry louder

hope you know what it means to lose 2 billion dollars
Equatorial Guinea will be soo happy when Ghana retaliate

We have already lived with the worst of Ghana bad behavior. They can only rehash them.

We can keep the border close and in months, body go tell them.

It is less than two months and they are already jumping over the heads of our close border neighbors to engage in high level diplomatic talks over the closure.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonroxyII: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2019
jaido09:
You know where Ghana dey for map? You’ll go through Benin Republic then Togo before crossing into Ghana. So I no think this boarder closure get any direct effect on Ghana.
It does! Ghanaian products are stucked in Beninoinse -Nigerian border ... Ghana can not export into Nigeria via Land so it do Affect them too !!
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonBenny77(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Which revenge? Does Nigeria share border with Ghana?
My brother go and do research abeg, if naija sneeze Ghana go catch cold border no border.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DTC2(m): 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
ednut1:
Rope as demarcator Chai

My brother, me sef tire grin

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonBenny77(m): 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Which revenge? Does Nigeria share border with Ghana?
You think you know more that the people liking the post, so countries need to share border? Go and do small economics or commerce abeg. You must not quote everything.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lexy2014: 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonroxyII:
So Proliferation of Arms and ammunition via land border is a good thing ... abi the Unhealthy goods that every Nigerian consumes helplessly.....

Nigeria only closed the land border !

Our seas and Airspace are still open for International trade ......... Most bad things and people enter this country from land .... we are not in trade war this is just a measure to combat Terrorism!!

What exactly is d job of d Nigerian custom service? According to u

DonroxyII:

we are not in trade war this is just a measure to combat Terrorism!!

But yet u are saying
DonroxyII:
abi the Unhealthy goods that every Nigerian consumes helplessly.....

How is preventing d entrance of unhealthy goods into d country now constitute fighting corruption?

Now after d border is eventually opened, will all d bad people who u talk about take a vacation & avoid d Nigerian border and their nefarious activities?
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lexy2014: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:

My brother go and do research abeg, if naija sneeze Ghana go catch cold border no border.

U who has done research, what is d evidence of ur research? Pls
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lexy2014: 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:

You think you know more that the people liking the post, so countries need to share border? Go and do small economics or commerce abeg. You must not quote everything.

If I quote everything how's that ur business & how does affect d question I asked?

Since u have done economics & commerce, then u should b able to explain how d closure of d Nigerian border is a revenge on Ghana. Is that too difficult 4u?

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonBenny77(m): 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

If I quote everything how's that ur business & how does affect d question I asked?

Since u have done economics & commerce, then u should b able to explain how d closure of d Nigerian border is a revenge on Ghana. Is that too difficult 4u?
Your question is to dumb abeg, sorry are you in primary school?
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lexy2014: 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:

Your question is to dumb abeg, sorry are you in primary school?

Yet with all ur so called knowledge u can't answer primary school questions. What does that say of u?

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonroxyII: 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

What exactly is d job of d Nigerian custom service? According to u

But yet u are saying

How is preventing d entrance of unhealthy goods into d country now constitute fighting corruption?

Now after d border is eventually opened, will all d bad people who u talk about take a vacation & avoid d Nigerian border and their nefarious activities?
Their Job is to man the border against any form of illicit item entering or going out of our country and if closing the border is necessary for them to restrategise their Operations then so be it !!

Chairman I am not here to argue Nigerian Governance but I know the essence is to combat Terrorism meanwhile if there are other benefit accruable from the Border closing it's all good ... It will eventually be Opened, it may achieve the desired objective and it may not... This is Nigeria but at least it is a good step in the right direction in my own Opinion !!

I pin pointedly told you Nigeria only closed the land border, the airspace and seas are still open for International trade .... This is our country, our government can do all what they like within the law(National/International) to protect this territory and if it include closing the entire border (Land, Air and sea) so be it !!

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lexy2014: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonroxyII:
Their Job is to man the border against any form of illicit item entering or going out of our country and if closing the border is necessary for them to restrategise their Operations then so be it !!

Chairman I am not here to argue Nigerian Governance but I know the essence is to combat Terrorism meanwhile if there are other benefit accruable from the Border closing it's all good ... It will eventually be Opened, it may achieve the desired objective and it may not... This is Nigeria but at least it is a good step in the right direction in my own Opinion !!

I pin pointedly told you Nigeria only closed the land border, the airspace and seas are still open for International trade .... This is our country, our government can do all what they like within the law(National/International) to protect this territory and if it include closing the entire border (Land, Air and sea) so be it !!

Do u need to close d border b4 u can restrategise ur operations? If d job of NCS is to ensure that illicit goods don't come into d country& those goods come in, is that d fault of d border or that of d NCS?

D point u made was that d major reason 4 closing d border is to combat terrorism. How is closing d Nigerian/Benin border instance meant to achieve that objective? What are d other benefits of closing d border that u mentioned?

Can every trader or business person use air or sea? If u can't properly justify d closure of d borders, how can u then say it is within d law or that it is meant to make life better for Nigerians?

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Swanzi(m): 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:
Oya go Aflao border go see wetin dey happen there next go Tudu(Accra) ask the aboki them wey dey change dollar there say how market then enter kantamanto go ask the traders how far?
The lady I get my shoes from buys from Togo and Ghana and transports down to PH her goods have been stuck for about 2 months now. So whose going to buy when border is closed. Ask the transporters how market these days. Then go to Vienna city circle go ask the hustlers how far.
Finally Nigerians are affected as well but we be giant na them go feel am pass.

You must be joker how does this affect the average Ghanaian?
Those affected would be those aboki n Igbo traders who buy n sell in Ghana.
Nigeria is a giant only to those small small countries like Togo Benin and niger not Ghana get this in your thick skull bros..!

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonBenny77(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
Swanzi:

You must be joker how does this affect the average Ghanaian?
Those affected would be those aboki n Igbo traders who buy n sell in Ghana.
Nigeria is a giant only to those small small countries like Togo Benin and niger not Ghana get this in your thick skull bros..!
Don't worry charlie I understand your painment . grin
Hope you are not blind and can read well

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Swanzi(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:

This is the second time am quoting you on this thread and am sorry to say this but you are a f.ool.

Why don’t you harvest your likes and withdraw them at the nearest bank.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by stagger: 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
Starboytwo:
I knew after the xenophobic experience with south Africa when they disrespected us, something must be done... Something must be corrected asap... Imagine telling NIGERIANS to go home(cuz house no good) now all hands must be on deck to redeem the image of the country...

Let's close the border to achieve self sufficiency, most of the things we import can be produced locally.. food products etc...

One man yesterday said "na stone full naija rice", I challenged him, and told him maybe his wife did a mistake or something... I have yet to eat any "stoney rice" since... So that was obviously a lie.... Besides i prefer to eat my own stone rice, than have all these countries disrespect us anyhow, yet they depend on us for one thing or the other....

In Africa we should relate like the USA... No more "agbaya BIG BROTHER anything, now we Don see all of them for what they are, all na wash, eye service.... They can't do without us, yet openly loathe us, who does that....

Naija shall be great... Just watch..

Don't mind the man. My mum has been eating local rice for 4 years now. Not one stone inside which I can attest to. The grains are also fuller.

I am now eating it. On this one, I support Buhari 10,000%.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by pobosky20(m): 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2019
Wow. Border closure is really good.
We will get there.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonBenny77(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2019
Swanzi:

This is the second time am quoting you on this thread and am sorry to say this but you are a f.ool.

Why don’t you harvest your likes and withdraw them at the nearest bank.

Quote my last post with photos quasia!
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Swanzi(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:

Don't worry charlie I understand your painment . grin
Hope you are not blind and can read well

Bros don’t worry urself is just normal politics nothing more, she’s doing what she’s been pain to do...
As I said those affected are ur bothers here the abokis who trade in dollars wen Ghana closes its borders then we will begin to see the real giant in Africa grin
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by iswallker(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2019
able20:

Yeye boy even with high tech border the Mexicans still flood the US with drugs, must everywhere be like that border.

Yeye boy.. Must your border with Niger look like the road to my village - this is a border admitting haulage trucks and aliens into this country on a hourly basis - if our leaders were not illitrates, at least two wide lanes, cctv cameras, entry control systems and so on would be on that border..
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Swanzi(m): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:

Quote my last post with photos [b][/b]quasia!

See spelling wagyimii rough grin grin
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonBenny77(m): 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
Swanzi:

See spelling wagyimii rough grin grin
Smh grin
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by femolii: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
Just30:
funny grin grin grin grin grin

when Ghana retaliate
you will cry louder

hope you know what it means to lose 2 billion dollars
Equatorial Guinea will be soo happy when Ghana retaliate
Oga Ghana is feeling the heat badly and you are here saying rubbish.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Swanzi(m): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

We have already lived with the worst of Ghana bad behavior. They can only rehash them.

We can keep the border close and in months, body go tell them.

It is less than two months and they are already jumping over the heads of our close border neighbors to engage in high level diplomatic talks over the closure.

It’s a lie u’ve not seen the worse from Ghana and in fact Ghana has never retaliated against Nigeria even wen some Nigerians went on a kidnapping and robbery spree Ghanaian have always been calm about it ...
wen the southis were slaughtering u in ur numbers Ghana equally sympathized with u.

What happend in Kumasi where some shops were closed were minimal and uncoordinated now multiply that by just a hundred and see the commotion that will erupt mind you there are more Nigerians in Ghana than vice versa..

Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report / Atiku Wins Okrika LGA In Rivers, Despite Wike’s Opposition / Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52