Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User (51804 Views)

Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project / Smuggling Booms At Nigeria, Niger Border, Despite Border Closure / Rivers Governorship Election Updates By Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Just30: 8:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

Please mention some of the things that would happen negatively ,to the Nigerian economy , if Ghana should close her border to us.
for a start
3-5 million Nigerians in Ghana with family extensions in Nigeria will go hungry

It will cause a recession in Nigeria when Ghana blocks Nigeria to it 2 billion dollars gas and fuel market.

mind you 2 billion is a lot to a 30-35 billion export economy
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Okoroawusa: 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
slimfit1:
Look at that filthy sheet whole country border who is going to take us serious.
You are underrating it abi?

Oya, come cross nah...
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by nku5: 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ghana Trade Union votes to ban all Nigerian made goods in retaliation to Buhari's brainless border closure. Buhari who thought West Germany still exists is under the impression that Nigeria is still important to Africa or anybody for that matter in 2019.

Trump dey do trade war, Buhari wey no get WAEC sef dey do trade war grin Olodo rabata

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/ghana-trade-union-votes-to-ban-made-in-nigeria-products-following-border-closure/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

5 Likes

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
Just30:
for a start

It will cause a recession in Nigeria when Ghana blocks Nigeria to it 2 billion dollars gas and fuel market.

The bulk of fuel consumed in the entire west Africa comes from Nigeria and majority through illegal smuggling from which Nigeria loses much more than that your paltry 2 billion dollars.

Mr. , we keep our border closed and fuel of more than 3 billion dollars for which we pay subsidy is saved from getting to ghana and other west African countries... We therefore save more than your patronage and if we keep the illegal supply off your reach, your government will very soon increase the local price of those petroleum products

Nigeria custom has announced a revenue increase since the closure whereas the reverse is the case with all the rest of west African nations... In just a day, the Nigerian custom generated over 9billion naira.

For your information migrants are migrants. They follow opportunities and add value to the local environment. Send 3.5 economically profitable persons out of Ghana and watch both your housing, educational, transport, health and every other sector take a dive of death.

We can keep the border close for as long as it takes to whip sense into all of west African countries including Ghana. The loss is mitigated d by the increase revenue from the custom service

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
Just30:
do you know that just the electricity sector in Ghana is worth more than your refinery and your incoming city?

Mr. This is not an empty chest-beating contest.

Lagos is bigger than Ghana including the electricity you have mentioned

2 Likes

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2019
Just30:
hahah dumb

lagos does not have a nominal gdp to compare to Ghana
even it purchacing power parity in lower than Ghana

dont be a clown reciting that dumb thing the every nigerian say.

80m is nothing to a 17 billion export economy

2 billion will be worth a lot to a 35 billion export economy especially your gas sector.

Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by JaruJaru890: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2019
Just30:
Your kainji dam light doesnt even reach Abuja

you are here making noise
charley, be there and be running your mouth in kumasi, we will soon place u in permanent darkness

3 Likes

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by ba7man(m): 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
Just30:
for a start

You just talk like an ignorant Ghanian child. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by slimfit1(m): 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2019
Okoroawusa:

You are underrating it abi?

Oya, come cross nah...

I don't cross filthy borders. When are we actually going to do something nice that other people can emulate?
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Just30: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
ba7man:
You just talk like an ignorant Ghanian child. undecided

im not a Nigerian to be ignorant

next time know who you are talking to

facts are just facts
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Just30: 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge.

keep following nigerian bloggers and be a fool forever

grin grin grin grin grin

youre so silly

Lagos does not have a nominal gdp let alone compare it 91 billion ppp to Ghana 190 billion ppp

1 Like

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by SamOyovwi: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2019
A Nigeria that is self sufficient like a country like China is better than inter trade. A developing country should be able to feed her self
engrchykae:
what billions are you talking about that is better than better inter trade among African countries?
The British and french are more interested in maintaining their areas of influence since 1845.
The French are using red Cross to fund boko Haram.
Boko Haram recruits who happen to be Muslims think they are fighting for Islamic state not knowing that the French and Americans are using them to destabilize Africa so that African governments will be too weak and hence too loyal to the demands of these wicked Western governments.
I don't blame the west though.
Since 1800s Africans have assisted the Europeans in exploiting Africa.
The footsoldiers of boko Haram are Africans.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Just30: 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

Mr. This is not an empty chest-beating contest.

Lagos is bigger than Ghana including the electricity you have mentioned
keep letting bloggers fool you

grin grin grin grin grin

it nice when you guys keep exposing your ignorance

lagos with morethan 2/3 the population of Ghana cannot even raise 2 billion dollars in revenue yet want to compare to Ghana.

hahaha laughable.

1 Like

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Just30: 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

The bulk of fuel consumed in the entire west Africa comes from Nigeria and majority through illegal smuggling from which Nigeria loses much more than that your paltry 2 billion dollars.

Mr. , we keep our border closed and fuel of more than 3 billion dollars for which we pay subsidy is saved from getting to ghana and other west African countries... We therefore save more than your patronage and if we keep the illegal supply off your reach, your government will very soon increase the local price of those petroleum products

Nigeria custom has announced a revenue increase since the closure whereas the reverse is the case with all the rest of west African nations... In just a day, the Nigerian custom generated over 9billion naira.

For your information migrants are migrants. They follow opportunities and add value to the local environment. Send 3.5 economically profitable persons out of Ghana and watch both your housing, educational, transport, health and every other sector take a dive of death.

We can keep the border close for as long as it takes to whip sense into all of west African countries including Ghana. The loss is mitigated d by the increase revenue from the custom service
all those are your own problems

just like every country have their own problems with plugging leaking revenues .

Its your government personal decision to subsidise fuel for you because if they dont
You wont be able to afford it and the will be a political uprising in Nigeria.

anyway, Ghana buy natural gas from NNPC
i guess they are also smugglers

and crude oil from your oil owners
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:
Few months ago Ghanaian authorities locked up shops and businesses owned by Nigerians in gh. That aside Ghanaian have bullied us enough. Revenge is served.
We have them by their balls now.
As this one tey consign Ghana?
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Just30: 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

the migrants we get from Nigeria are poor starving good for nothing people excaping the horrors of nigeria .

they are a burden to us and our health care systems

1 Like

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Swanzi(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

Lagos economy is the fifth-largest economy in Africa. It is bigger than Ghana’s economy as a country. You can check with Google

Yet the average Ghanaian is better off than an average Nigerian where has ur giant of Africa largest economy taken you lolz...

My salary as an average Ghanaian can feed ur entire village for a month grin grin

Convert GH3k to naira
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by ba7man(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
Just30:
im not a Nigerian to be ignorant

next time know who you are talking to

facts are just facts
You can't just call any trash you pull out of your butth0le "Facts".

Who am i talking to? We'll do the research and we'll find out you're one broke student.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by CanadaOrBust: 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
DonroxyII:
I don't think so ...

Naptu2 can't be a she

Whaddyamean, her pic is right there
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonroxyII: 11:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

That ain't Naptu2 but the twitter reporter whom Naptu2 posted on Nairaland!!
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by naptu2: 4:26am On Oct 20, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
Neptu2 is a female?! Who would’a thunk it

DonroxyII:
I don't think so ...

Naptu2 can't be a she

CanadaOrBust:

DonroxyII:
That ain't Naptu2 but the twitter reporter whom Naptu2 posted on Nairaland!!

From my previous post:

I didn't write it (that's why it's in quotes. When you see a Nairaland post that's highlighted in this way:
like this
, know that it is a quotation). These are tweets by the Twitter user and they are posted exactly the same way that the Twitter user tweeted them (I never ever alter quotes).

naptu2:
Apparently a lot of people do not know how Nairaland works.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by CanadaOrBust: 11:51am On Oct 20, 2019
naptu2:

From my previous post:

I didn't write it (that's why it's in quotes. When you see a Nairaland post that's highlighted in this way: , know that it is a quotation). These are tweets by the Twitter user and they are posted exactly the same way that the Twitter user tweeted them (I never ever alter quotes).

With due respect I think it’s you who doesn’t quite grasp how Nairaland works. OP’s also use that quote thing to prevent the many people who would be quoting them from repeating their entire long write-up. That’s what it looks like in your case.
Anyway it’s tooo late. The vast majority of Nlanders won’t read any of this. Find a way to accept that most Nairalanders now believe u r a female and that this is your pic:

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by naptu2: 12:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

With due respect I think it’s you who doesn’t quite grasp how Nairaland works. OP’s also use that quote thing to prevent the many people who would be quoting them from repeating their entire long write-up. That’s what it looks like in your case.
Anyway it’s tooo late. The vast majority of Nlanders won’t read any of this. Find a way to accept that most Nairalanders now believe u r a female and that this is your pic:

I couldn't give a rat's ass whether you think I'm a man, woman, cow or sheep. That's your personal problem.

That particular function is called the "quote function" ( [quote] ) and it means that the words that it contains are the words of other people. This is even more so when there is a link to the original article, tweet or post and if you don't know that, then it's (again) your personal problem.

This is the last time that I will attempt to assist you. I will not read any further replies from you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by CanadaOrBust: 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
naptu2:

I couldn't give a rats ass whether you think I'm a man, woman, cow or sheep. That's your personal problem.

That particular function is called the "quote function" (

U r actually not that bad-looking. Not exactly my type but...
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by dabossman(m): 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
alphaNomega:

Who trimms the lawn on the other half?

Border police. grin grin
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
Swanzi:

Yet the average Ghanaian is better off than an average Nigerian where has ur giant of Africa largest economy taken you lolz...

My salary as an average Ghanaian can feed ur entire village for a month grin grin

Convert GH3k to naira

https://www.nairaland.com/5483554/lekki-free-trade-zone-deep
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
[quote author=Just30 post=83289781] the migrants we get from Nigeria are poor starving good for nothing people excaping the horrors of nigeria .

they are a burden to us and our health care systems [/https://www.nairaland.com/5483554/lekki-free-trade-zone-deep

1 Like

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
Swanzi:

Convert GH3k to naira

https://www.nairaland.com/5487395/border-closure-kasapreko-company-limited
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2019
Just30:
keep letting bloggers fool you

grin grin grin grin grin

it nice when you guys keep exposing your ignorance

lagos with morethan 2/3 the population of Ghana cannot even raise 2 billion dollars in revenue yet want to compare to Ghana.

hahaha laughable.

https://www.nairaland.com/5487395/border-closure-kasapreko-company-limited
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
Swanzi:

Convert GH3k to naira

https://www.nairaland.com/5532853/border-closure-ghana-businesses-may

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Female Senators In Nigeria’s 8th National Assembly (photos) / Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially / Edo North Youths Reject Ize-Iyamu, As Gani Audu, His Running Mate Escapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.