Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,214 members, 7,957,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:28 PM

EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) (22914 Views)

EFCC Arrests 26 Internet Fraud Suspects In Delta (Photos) / Couple Arrested In Enugu For Stealing & Swapping Beverages With Adulterated Ones / Miscreants Attack Mourners In Gombe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Rolex66: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
whizpa:

Lol. Why should I feel pained?
I'm actually happier than you think. You know, One way or the Other this criminals would Negatively affect my life. If I'm not unknowingly buying the products, someone I know will. Even if that's not the case, many lives would have been ruined.

But I'm a thinker.. When I see something out of place, I ponder. That's how I'm built. Just like I will be happy when A kidnapper or armed robber is caught.. I'll still be pondering why the EFCC, The Army or anyone outside the police force made the arrest. It doesn't mean I'm pained they were caught. It just means I have a working brain. And if someone comes here to explain the logic behind it to me, Then I've learnt something New.
Just because it is right does not mean it makes sense.

Ok, it would interest you to know that, beyond the health implications of consuming toxic materials in place of Palm oil, this is also an economic crime in a sense. This is so because citizens are being ripped off and they aren't getting value for their money.

Also, in the security landscape, there's some sort of covert interagency collaboration that exists between the different apparati of security agencies.

So, they can make arrests and handover to the responsible agency.
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by udumosam23(m): 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2019
Luckysbab:
Anybody wey get business sense now go start to dey import better palm oil go Gombe, to fill in the gap. And I get connect for that state o.

You feel me?

I dey cross river, we dey produce better oil this area. We fit collabo pull this biz.
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by whizpa(m): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
isahsalee:

So, selling adulterated products is not a financial crime to you?.

Though, I can't blame you because, I don't know your level of your......... Please, fill in the correct adjective in the gap you wish.

Read what you wrote twice.. And Knock yourself. Adulterated goods are in whose jurisdiction? Some of you are just intelligent illetrates.
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by chubinwa(m): 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
Deducing from some persons assertion as not of there job to clampdown these fraudsters is totally baseless. they can't fold their arms and watch things go out of hand. they can help themselves to restore normalcy to the country since their common goal is to curb crime in the state
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by whizpa(m): 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
Rolex66:

Ok, it would interest you to know that, beyond the health implications of consuming toxic materials in place of Palm oil, this is also an economic crime in a sense. This is so because citizens are being ripped off and they aren't getting value for their money.

Also, in the security landscape, there's some sort of covert interagency collaboration that exists between the different apparati of security agencies.

So, they can make arrests and handover to the responsible agency.

I get all you are saying.. But it should be NAFDAC headlining the arrest. Don't you get it? They are the commission in charge of control and enforcement of Food and Drug related crimes. So, because A chemist sells fake drugs then EFCC should arrest him for committing an economic crime. Does that sound sensible to you?
It should be NAFDAC arresting and investigating him, then handing him over to other appropriate authorities to investigate.. The NPF, most likely. The EFCC can then say "Oh. he also committed a financial crime, and then they'll join in the investigation ".. That's how it is supposed to be.
But still.. you made some very good points.
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by whizpa(m): 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
chubinwa:
Deducing from some persons assertion as not of there job to clampdown these fraudsters is totally baseless. they can't fold their arms and watch things go out of hand. they can help themselves to restore normalcy to the country since their common goal is to curb crime in the state

I'll give you an example. If a crime was committed at Sabo, Yaba and Surulere police Station are aware of the said crime. They can't go and arrest anyone at Sabo. They would have to inform Sabo police station, since it's their jurisdiction.. That is the point I'm trying to make. I'm not against agencies acting on their own. DEA(In the USA) will never arrest anyone outside their jurisdiction, which is enforcing drug crimes.
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by frowland(m): 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
Wallade:

Oh please, be realistic: EFCC is not established to prosecute food adulteration or counterfeiting crimes. That is NAFDAC's job

You are getting it wrong. All the offence he committed falls under the purview of the EFCC and NAFDAC (fake oil, and illegal profits).
NAFDAC will prosecute him, but who will charge him for profiting illegally?
Okay let me tell you a life experience. EFCC blocked one of my friends account and he was worried why such will happen as he have not done anything wrong financial wise.
A month earlier his truck was seized by Customs for engaging in illegal rice smuggling.
So, customs will be prosecuting him and afterwards hand over the financial matters to EFCC. This was the reason his account was frozen.
He was actually committing economic & financial crimes. Same as oil bunkering and rice smuggling. All this fall under the purview of Customs and EFCC.
In the court, this palm oil dealer will be joined in court by both EFCC and NAFDAC.
Strange that Nigerians don't know the ACTS setting up agencies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Wallade(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
frowland:

You are getting it wrong. All the offence he committed falls under the purview of the EFCC and NAFDAC (fake oil, and illegal profits).
NAFDAC will prosecute him, but who will charge him for profiting illegally?
Okay let me tell you a life experience. EFCC blocked one of my friends account and he was worried why such will happen as he have not done anything wrong financial wise.
A month earlier his truck was seized by Customs for engaging in illegal rice smuggling.
So, customs will be prosecuting him and afterwards hand over the financial matters to EFCC. This was the reason his account was frozen.
He was actually committing economic & financial crimes. Same as oil bunkering and rice smuggling. All this fall under the purview of Customs and EFCC.
In the court, this palm oil dealer will be joined in court by both EFCC and NAFDAC.
Strange that Nigerians don't know the ACTS setting up agencies.

The challenge in Nigeria is that government agencies duplicate effort and that amount to waste of resources.

If I assume that EFCC can prosecute the accused for illegal profiting, the primary offence is that the accused runs a business of adulteration of palm oil, the illegal profitearing is sequel to that primary offence which ordinarily will result to forfeiting income generated from the business upon confirmation of guilty verdict by competent court of law.

So why should EFCC waste resources and effort when NAFDAC can effectively prosecute the accused. They could simply have notified NAFDAC on the allegation or their findings and followup with NAFDAC to ensure action is taken.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by TUANKU(m): 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
gaetano:
This is not the job for the EFCC. Dem no Sabi their job description ni

in Nigeria, we find the ICPC doing the job of the EFCC, the EFCC doing the job of the police,
the police doing the job of the NSCDC, the army doing the job of the police, army doing the job of the customs. It's a clash of responsibilities

The E in EFCC stands for economic, this is an economic crime so it's rightly their job sir.
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Legendguru: 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
Oh
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Solorrman(m): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ezemarcel:
Aboki
How does indibuisi became Aboki ?
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Solorrman(m): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
kulobyno:
Aboki
So even indibuisi is now Aboki,abi u are blind ?
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Billyanger(m): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
omoadeleye:

So how they arrest them is bad now? They should keep mute because is not their area of jurisdiction ba? Always tap sense before you comment

Insult is not necessary tho

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Ezemarcel(m): 6:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
Solorrman:
How does indibuisi became Aboki ?
wat is the meaning of aboki.......it means friend.....so dont let ur instinct mislead u
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Luckysbab: 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
maxiuc:
my bro operate a Palm oil business

So what do you think?
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Luckysbab: 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
udumosam23:

I dey cross river, we dey produce better oil this area. We fit collabo pull this biz.
Sure, let's talk.
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Luckysbab: 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
namiji2598:
am form gombe(kaltungo) but live in kano and u

I have a few friends in Gombe and I have some of my business partners who took a trip there.
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by namiji2598: 2:06am On Oct 21, 2019
Luckysbab:

I have a few friends in Gombe and I have some of my business partners who took a trip there.
wow interesting
which kind of business are u into??
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by Luckysbab: 2:18am On Oct 21, 2019
namiji2598:
wow interesting
which kind of business are u into??

Livestock
Re: EFCC Arrests 26 Adulterated Palm Oil Producers In Gombe (Photos) by barry4rizzle: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
What happened to their Conscience?

Well for those that want 100% Pure UNADULTERATED PALM OIL
Call/WhatsApp 08023495402

Order Online at
Promo Order #500 #1000
https://www.bynadafoods.com/products.php

Free Delivery within PortHarcourt

Hurry Before Promo Ends

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder / Kenyan Woman Defiles Her Four Year-Old Daughter With Toothbrush, Arrested (Pic) / Fake Blind Beggar Arrested In Ondo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.