Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) (59483 Views)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Man Slumps And Dies On The Road During Early Morning Jogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Juliearth(f): 2:00am On Oct 21, 2019
Taiwo20:
This is the second jogging related death that I know of. I would advise brisk walking instead of jogging.

Yes, brisk walking is a lot better and just as effective as jogging. Slow-paced jogging too may be less harmful. Its also important that people get certified fit before engaging in strenuous workouts.

3 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Juliearth(f): 2:02am On Oct 21, 2019
fairfora:
Nigerians please always ensure you have your bp checked before you engage in any physical exercise. This is very important. This is so sad undecided

Exercising is actually a useful tool to normalize your BP. It just shouldnt be too strenuous.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Juliearth(f): 2:06am On Oct 21, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Nigerian have the worst first aid culture in the world , they declare people dead withing seconds of a collapse ..I remember once somewhere in Lagos a neatly dressed guy rushing on the street just collapsed his breathing stopped prompting the crowd to declare him dead , all I could hear was " this one done go " e no breath ", I almost accepted their verdict for the young man but I looked at him and realised he had loved ones waiting for him to return home so I quickly opened his shirt even though the crowd told me to leave him because he was dead and then I pumped his his heart like I see in the movies and within two minutes of pumping he was back to life and foaming then after some more minutes he could seat up and open his phone fro me to call his sister which I did , we dropped him at the nearest hospital gave her the address and they called me the next day to thanks me for saving his life .. that guy might even be alive when the pic was taken

Wow! You couldn't have said it better. Nigerians need to be trained on basic first aid practices. Our general hospitals can organize such awareness.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by 1972xy: 2:30am On Oct 21, 2019
Early morning jogging is dangerous.
He must have come across a sacrifice "Ebo" on the road. Pigin head sacrifice is instant death when one encounter it on the road as the first person to see it: sorry ooo. Rip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by aspiring44: 2:37am On Oct 21, 2019
Fuckthamods:
I happy with my pot belly biko... See this one now have die because he wants six packs.

Team pot bellies let's gather here.

Its not a question of pot bellies , rather than a good healthy life style. The pot bellies are more than a greater risk of having cardiac arrest , from myocardia ischemia, arteriosclerosis and all CAD - coronary heart diseases.

Eat good and you are better of it .

Nobody wey no go die. , but prevention , precaution is always better than cure .

Regular check up matters a lot .

Our body, our diamond

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by overseasnbeyond: 2:46am On Oct 21, 2019
Wtf, call 911
GistUpdates:
An unidentified man has slumped and died in Ogba area of Lagos State.

The man, pictured in Chelsea jersey was said to be out jogging when he slumped around Wemco road in Ogba this morning. (Oct.20)

According to online reports, the lifeless body of the man is still at the scene.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/unidentified-man-slumps-and-dies-during-early-morning-jogging-in-lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 21, 2019
probably heart failure,dehydration or hypoglycemia.lots of nigerians are suffering from heart related diseases all thanks mostly to the stress in naija and partly from unhealthy lifestyles.may he rip.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 21, 2019
Fuckthamods:
I happy with my pot belly biko... See this one now have die because he wants six packs.

jogging no dey give sixpacks grin grin.it only tones your legs and gluteal region plus it improves on your cardio system. but then person wey dey find am hard to eat three square meals a day is not advised to stress his body doing strenious exercise and ppl already with heart condition should see a doctor first b4 they start any cardio exercise.having said that your big tummy also puts u at a risk of developing heart related issues.hope u dey check ur blood pressure o.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 21, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:
Any form of exercise is dangerous if one does not know the status of his or her health. A lot of people have high blood pressure without knowing it and the dangers inherent in it.

You can't just start jogging or engaging yourself in any kind of exercise without submitting yourself first for medical examinations. It is dangerous ,especially for adults in late 30s and above.

The young man in this thread might have suffered a cardiac arrest.
even early 20s are now having high blood pressure sef

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 3:06am On Oct 21, 2019
hatchy:
Very sad situation....

Nigeria is fvcked up country with no emergency services to cater for the citizens. This man could have been rushed to the hospital emergency unit and his life saved.

God will punish all those who conspired to deny us these basic amenities we ought to enjoy as a nation.

RIP to the departed soul.

How do you know? Were you there?
How do you know if anyone was around? Or have you done the post-mortem and know what killed him?

Some low-esteemed Nigerians always looking to slag the country off...
As if people do not die while jogging in advanced nations. Even a fitness guru died jogging in the US! SMH
>

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Iziquiel(m): 3:57am On Oct 21, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
He must have been running from his problems gringrin

And and I'm guessing they caught up with him grin
Just read yourself and tell me if you are not plain stupeed. You're worse than animals because animals have feelings, they grieve when one of their own dies.
Fooooool!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by HacheNoire: 4:00am On Oct 21, 2019
handsomeyinka:
Everything about Chelsea is always collapsing..

I wish buhari was a Chelsea fan, BABA for don collapse .

Don't tell me you attempted to be funny.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by taiyeayodeji: 4:11am On Oct 21, 2019
you are right .not all sport are good for everybody and some people with certain illness can't do some rigourous excercise that involve serious heart beat.possibly a light jogging excercise of short distance on a low speed cud be ok.And most times people with heart problem may be advised to use a heart monitor wrist watch when jogging .it alert them when there is a high heart beat and they need to stop

quote author=boolet post=83318998]
I'm not a doctor, but I know you need to be medically fit to exercise or do any sport.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by thunderbabs: 4:16am On Oct 21, 2019
??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by dallyemmy: 4:24am On Oct 21, 2019
No Emergency System to call. Are we not gradually losing our humanity?

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by uuzba(m): 4:51am On Oct 21, 2019
Thegoodone13:
Its common things nowadays. God save us. Doctor in the house, what may cause it?
Maybe he over exercised.
For one who has not exercised for long, better to start with small exercises till your body gets used to it than to just engage in one big exercise ... Heart can't cope with load.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by uuzba(m): 4:52am On Oct 21, 2019
thunderbabs:
You live and work in Lagos?

Don't stress yourselves with exercises. Monday to Friday Lagos stress is enuf exercise.
Stress is not exercise.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Slimdada(m): 4:58am On Oct 21, 2019
As a real gee Its advised to go for medical check up once once and know your status
Most people are dying because of their inability to discover a particular ailment troubling them for long
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by showafrica(m): 5:24am On Oct 21, 2019
Fuckthamods:

Suddenly, every body is preaching exercise. Excersice is not for everybody, there are other ways to lose weight.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by showafrica(m): 5:34am On Oct 21, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Nigerian have the worst first aid culture in the world , they declare people dead withing seconds of a collapse ..I remember once somewhere in Lagos a neatly dressed guy rushing on the street just collapsed his breathing stopped prompting the crowd to declare him dead , all I could hear was " this one done go " e no breath ", I almost accepted their verdict for the young man but I looked at him and realised he had loved ones waiting for him to return home so I quickly opened his shirt even though the crowd told me to leave him because he was dead and then I pumped his his heart like I see in the movies and within two minutes of pumping he was back to life and foaming then after some more minutes he could seat up and open his phone fro me to call his sister which I did , we dropped him at the nearest hospital gave her the address and they called me the next day to thanks me for saving his life .. that guy might even be alive when the pic was taken

Wow, people like you still dey Nigeria? I think say they don travel finish. May be you are the last reasonable person still remaining on this soil. The way i see it, you will soon travel, leaving only idiots on the land.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Isnow: 6:35am On Oct 21, 2019
hatchy:
Very sad situation....

Nigeria is fvcked up country with no emergency services to cater for the citizens. This man could have been rushed to the hospital emergency unit and his life saved.

God will punish all those who conspired to deny us these basic amenities we ought to enjoy as a nation.

RIP to the departed soul.

very true brotherly...some cases does not warrant death at all.. this is one if the cases... May God evacuate all the bad leaders in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by bizzibodi(m): 6:41am On Oct 21, 2019
When ever u exercise as a beginner make sure yur heart rate dnt exceed 70bpm.....u can build it up gradually to 120bpm over a month....by then a can Sprint like a ashafa Powell or a cheetar.....if not u are looking for death.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by mercyviv(f): 6:57am On Oct 21, 2019
RIP! God help us
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Pavarottii(m): 7:05am On Oct 21, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

U laugh at anything... Hope it does not happen to ur loved ones

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Pavarottii(m): 7:07am On Oct 21, 2019
uuzba:

Stress is not exercise.
So after the week stress, u will advise the person to still go jogging during d weekend or have a good rest?
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by uuzba(m): 7:41am On Oct 21, 2019
Pavarottii:

So after the week stress, u will advise the person to still go jogging during d weekend or have a good rest?
Pilates.... That stretching thing that Chinese people do.
That type helps blood flow round your body without you straining yourself in jogging.

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by wonder233: 7:44am On Oct 21, 2019
Men, stop allowing these ladies put you undue pressure. They put you under pressure to make money, same time put you under pressure to have 6-packs. You spend your money, you use up your energy just to pleasure a woman. What is in it for you? What do you get in return? fake moans and worthless flattery.
Men, concentrate on your own pleasure, not theirs, you should be the one calling the shots.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by OyinO: 7:47am On Oct 21, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

The big teeth you're flashing doesn't make your comment funny but rather it's crystal clear you're the one running from your problems, and they'll soon catch up with you.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by uuzba(m): 7:47am On Oct 21, 2019
wonder233:
Men, stop allowing these ladies put you undue pressure. They put you under pressure to make money, same time put you under pressure to have 6-packs. You spend your money, you use up your energy just to pleasure a woman. What is in it for you? What do you get in return? fake moans and worthless flattery.
Men, concentrate on your own pleasure, not theirs, you should be the one calling the shots.
If you enter any prison, 11 out of 10 men are there because they were caught hustling to please a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:54am On Oct 21, 2019
midnighter:

Yeah! I hate these headlines like "slump". Slumping is not the name of a disease. Why not get a coroner to determine the cause of death

Being unfit and jogging in a polluted city in harsh weather is a recipe for disaster. Plus when you fall down they will just be screaming "shocked Heiiiiiiiiiii" instead of performing basic first aid which will render your case useless

High BP, exercise-induced asthma, heart attack... maybe he even fainted because of low blood sugar but once he the ground people just concluded what was still an open case.

Its better to go for a scenic stroll in the late afternoon when the sun is not too bad or exercise inside

Spot on.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by 3kay945(m): 8:05am On Oct 21, 2019
1972xy:
Early morning jogging is dangerous.
He must have come across a sacrifice "Ebo" on the road. Pigin head sacrifice is instant death when one encounter it on the road as the first person to see it: sorry ooo. Rip

No be only pigin head, vulture own nko? grin
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by tot(f): 8:13am On Oct 21, 2019
wonder233:

Not everything in this world is about sex. There is something called a healthy lifestyle which includes a balanced diet, sufficient sleep and physical activities such as exercises. Let's stop being ignorant, this is 2019.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Looses All His Limbs After Getting Licked By A Dog. Photos / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) / Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.