Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) (59476 Views)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Man Slumps And Dies On The Road During Early Morning Jogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Goldenheart(m): 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
Oga o
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
hatchy:
Very sad situation....

Nigeria is fvcked up country with no emergency services to cater for the citizens. This man could have been rushed to the hospital emergency unit and his life saved.

God will punish all those who conspired to deny us these basic amenities we ought to enjoy as a nation.

RIP to the departed soul.
and to those who are still praising their oppressors may it not end well with them. AMEN....

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nigerians please always ensure you have your bp checked before you engage in any physical exercise. This is very important. This is so sad undecided

4 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by midnighter(f): 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
soke02:
Y cover his face? His family may identify him without the cover

Why would you show a dead mans face online when hes not alive to consent to the photo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Risingblue008(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ema need problem
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by bigtt76(f): 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
All would be fitfam people should go first for a medical checkup before embarking on strenuous exercises. You don't know the state of your heart without thorough examination � RIP to the dead.

GistUpdates:
An unidentified man has slumped and died in Ogba area of Lagos State.

The man, pictured in Chelsea jersey was said to be out jogging when he slumped around Wemco road in Ogba this morning. (Oct.20)

According to online reports, the lifeless body of the man is still at the scene.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/unidentified-man-slumps-and-dies-during-early-morning-jogging-in-lagos
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Jarus(m): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
This is the 3rd or 4th case I'm seeing.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by mechanics(m): 10:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
He must have been running from his problems gringrin

And and I'm guessing they caught up with him grin
hmmm, that's not true, it maybe high BP.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by koolaid87: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

You're grinning as though it's funny

Dumb Nigga

5 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Chummynoni(m): 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
mtschew. a good way to die. bye
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by dave4rella(m): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2019
shocked
I advise people to always go with a food flask filled with pounded yam and egusi soup while jogging
RIP to the dead
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by SarkinYarki: 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
hatchy:
Very sad situation....

Nigeria is fvcked up country with no emergency services to cater for the citizens. This man could have been rushed to the hospital emergency unit and his life saved.

God will punish all those who conspired to deny us these basic amenities we ought to enjoy as a nation.

Nigerian have the worst first aid culture in the world , they declare people dead withing seconds of a collapse ..I remember once somewhere in Lagos a neatly dressed guy rushing on the street just collapsed his breathing stopped prompting the crowd to declare him dead , all I could hear was " this one done go " e no breath ", I almost accepted their verdict for the young man but I looked at him and realised he had loved ones waiting for him to return home so I quickly opened his shirt even though the crowd told me to leave him because he was dead and then I pumped his his heart like I see in the movies and within two minutes of pumping he was back to life and foaming then after some more minutes he could seat up and open his phone fro me to call his sister which I did , we dropped him at the nearest hospital gave her the address and they called me the next day to thanks me for saving his life .. that guy might even be alive when the pic was taken

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by arodavoo(m): 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
Thegoodone13:
Its common things nowadays. God save us. Doctor in the house, what may cause it?

Lagos wàhálà alone is enough to cause all this... God should preserve the rest of us

Check my profile to learn importation from Turkey, China, Malaysia, UK And USA
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
it could be malaria thay thing is dangerous , some people have it without knowing,
treat yourself of malaria every 3 4 months if you stay in lagos, mosquito is too much
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by DonroxyII: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
Alot of people are suffering from Pneumonia and they don't take cognisance of it because the symptoms may not be that severe. We all just wanna burn the fat and stay fit without knowing whether our lungs is receiving adequate Oxygen to make our organs function appropriately!!

May God have Mercy on us !!
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by kingreign(m): 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
Taiwo20:
This is the second jogging related death that I know of. I would advise brisk walking instead of jogging.
same here

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by DonroxyII: 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Nigerian have the worst first aid culture in the world , they declare people dead withing seconds of a collapse ..I remember once somewhere in Lagos a neatly dressed guy rushing on the street just collapsed his breathing stopped prompting the crowd to declare him dead , all I could hear was " this one done go " e no breath ", I almost accepted their verdict for the young man but I looked at him and realised he had loved ones waiting for him to return home so I quickly opened his shirt even though the crowd told me to leave him because he was dead and then I pumped his his heart like I see in the movies and within two minutes of pumping he was back to life and foaming then after some more minutes he could seat up and open his phone fro me to call his sister which I did , we dropped him at the nearest hospital gave her the address and they called me the next day to thanks me for saving his life .. that guy might even be alive when the pic was taken
This country sha ... Thank you again and God will replenish you !!

10 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by excel101(m): 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
hatchy:
Very sad situation....

A nation that doesn't have steady power supply, where senators receive #40m as take home, but the Govt. are negotiating #30k monthly minimum wage and a nation that lacks maintenance culture is never a serious as nation. So I was surprised when you said " Nigeria is fvcked up country with no emergency service " (where the road the emergency vehicle wan pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Rolex66: 11:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

Subscribe to National Geographic or the Discovery Channel and see how lower animals react when they lost one of their kinds.

It's a cultural shock to see someone getting excited or making light the dead of another person in the his kind of circumstance.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by redsun(m): 11:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Thegoodone13:
Its common things nowadays. God save us. Doctor in the house, what may cause it?

Pollution and toxic environment. You can taste it in the air in mega slums like Lagos, even down to small slums like Asaba.

There nothing in place to measure or check the level of pollution on the streets and in the foods that people consume in that rogue country

4 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Guestlander: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2019
Thegoodone13:

Bad diets and highly stressful lifestyle.

3 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by bewla(m): 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
GistUpdates:
An unidentified man has slumped and died in Ogba area of Lagos State.

The man, pictured in Chelsea jersey was said to be out jogging when he slumped around Wemco road in Ogba this morning. (Oct.20)

According to online reports, the lifeless body of the man is still at the scene.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/unidentified-man-slumps-and-dies-during-early-morning-jogging-in-lagos
When u cover is face how are supposed to no or identify him should the need be in case

Nai9ja and over sabi

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
soke02:
Y cover his face? His family may identify him without the cover
You get sense sir

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by notoriousbabe: 11:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
The exercise I do on bed every evening is enough for me, I no wan die jare
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by useurkidney3121: 12:01am On Oct 21, 2019
handsomeyinka:
Everything about Chelsea is always collapsing..

I wish buhari was a Chelsea fan, BABA for don collapse .
Stupid talk from stupid fellow. Get a life bro

3 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Burgerlomo: 12:11am On Oct 21, 2019
So sad cool
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:20am On Oct 21, 2019
Na wa o... Man jog, village people jog follow am
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:52am On Oct 21, 2019
Any form of exercise is dangerous if one does not know the status of his or her health. A lot of people have high blood pressure without knowing it and the dangers inherent in it.

You can't just start jogging or engaging yourself in any kind of exercise without submitting yourself first for medical examinations. It is dangerous ,especially for adults in late 30s and above.

The young man in this thread might have suffered a cardiac arrest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by tot(f): 12:53am On Oct 21, 2019
The kind of insensitive comments on this post shows a lot of people here are not okay.

How can you make a joke about someone's death?

5 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by midnighter(f): 1:00am On Oct 21, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:
Any form of exercise is dangerous if one does not know the status of his or her health. A lot of people have high blood pressure without knowing it and the dangers inherent in it.

You can't just start jogging or engaging yourself in any kind of exercise without submitting yourself first for medical examinations. It is dangerous ,especially for adults in late 30s and above.

The young man in this thread might have suffered a cardiac arrest.

Yeah! I hate these headlines like "slump". Slumping is not the name of a disease. Why not get a coroner to determine the cause of death

Being unfit and jogging in a polluted city in harsh weather is a recipe for disaster. Plus when you fall down they will just be screaming "shocked Heiiiiiiiiiii" instead of performing basic first aid which will render your case useless

High BP, exercise-induced asthma, heart attack... maybe he even fainted because of low blood sugar but once he hit the ground people just concluded what was still an open case.

Its better to go for a scenic stroll in the late afternoon when the sun is not too bad or exercise inside

4 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by stieyven(m): 1:26am On Oct 21, 2019
hatchy:
Very sad situation....

Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by opribo(m): 1:34am On Oct 21, 2019
It is normal...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) / Please Help: I Get Stung By A Fire Ant On My Lips And The Swell Is Much? Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.