Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,708 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) (59494 Views)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Man Slumps And Dies On The Road During Early Morning Jogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by wonder233: 8:27am On Oct 21, 2019
Oga, stop trying to be politically correct. From the Jersey you can deduce this man is no CEO in one thriving business nor a top executive in a blue chip company. A person like this, his normal everyday hustle should be more than adequate for physical activity. So, what is he jogging for if not to impress a woman?
tot:

Not everything in this world is about sex. There is something called a healthy lifestyle which includes a balanced diet, sufficient sleep and physical activities such as exercises. Let's stop being ignorant, this is 2019.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by sundayoluwatimi(m): 8:31am On Oct 21, 2019
Some comments here only show how insensitive we can be at times.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by ronyman(m): 8:34am On Oct 21, 2019
Fact! Stress hormones cortisol and co are inflammatory and release cytokines that lead to Myocardial infarction when prolonged
KingAzubuike:

Weytin this one dey talk like this .

How can fatigue cause heart failure
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by tot(f): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2019
wonder233:
Oga, stop trying to be politically correct. From the Jersey you can deduce this man is no CEO in one thriving business nor a top executive in a blue chip company. A person like this, his normal everyday hustle should be more than adequate for physical activity. So, what is he jogging for if not to impress a woman?

So you can deduce a CEO from their jersey AND everyday hustle = fitness shocked

Hopefully one day you will be more enlightened than you currently are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by joyakhilome(m): 9:01am On Oct 21, 2019
cool minute of silence for the departed soul
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by hatchy(f): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2019
9jaRealist:

How do you know? Were you there?
How do you know if anyone was around? Or have you done the post-mortem and know what killed him?

Some low-esteemed Nigerians always looking to slag the country off...
As if people do not die while jogging in advanced nations. Even a fitness guru died jogging in the US! SMH
>
Your foolishness and stupidity won't allow you reason like a moderate human with conscience.

You are a disgrace to your family for spending money on your education that ought to be used for feeding agric fowl.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by midnighter(f): 9:52am On Oct 21, 2019
showafrica:

Suddenly, every body is preaching exercise. Excersice is not for everybody, there are other ways to lose weight.

Lol, anybody losing weight without exercise must be experiencing some kind of personal catastrophe

Eating less and light exercise is what leads to healthy weight loss. If you dont exercise your body will lack tone and you will be at risk of some illnesses
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by midnighter(f): 9:57am On Oct 21, 2019
uuzba:

Pilates.... That stretching thing that Chinese people do.
That type helps blood flow round your body without you straining yourself in jogging.

Yes cool its good for muscle toning
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by midnighter(f): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2019
tot:

Lol i tire

Some comments here are unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Impregnablefolk: 10:07am On Oct 21, 2019
soke02:
Y cover his face? His family may identify him without the cover
Besides, it's not a crime scene.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by showafrica(m): 10:24am On Oct 21, 2019
midnighter:

Lol, anybody losing weight without exercise must be experiencing some kind of personal catastrophe

Eating less and light exercise is what leads to healthy weight loss. If you dont exercise your body will lack tone and you will be at risk of some illnesses

30 mins walk is good enough. Again, if you do any job that sweats you out for 30 mins is also good enough.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by midnighter(f): 10:33am On Oct 21, 2019
showafrica:

30 mins walk is good enough. Again, if you do any job that sweats you out for 30 mins is also good enough.

Yeah, those are still exercise
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by showafrica(m): 10:39am On Oct 21, 2019
midnighter:

Yeah, those are still exercise

Yeah, i wonder why a man above 30 will be running up and down in the name of exercise as if he is preparing for Olympics. Others should just take note unless you are medically fit.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by midnighter(f): 10:44am On Oct 21, 2019
showafrica:

Yeah, i wonder why a man above 30 will be running up and down in the name of exercise as if he is preparing for Olympics. Others should just take note unless you are medically fit.

Well up to 35 years old its okay

Even at 35+ the running is not the problem, he just over-exerted himself. He should have started with some gentle exercise

Plus the air in Lagos is poisonous
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by tot(f): 11:56am On Oct 21, 2019
midnighter:

Lol i tire

Some comments here are unbelievable

Honestly
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Gbengageorge: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nigerians are just tooooo dumb, what happens to first aid, somebody could have given him first aid and he will still be alive today. They are snapping their life away. If anything happens to the poster, that's how somebody will be snapping too, without any attempt to save him.

GistUpdates:
An unidentified man has slumped and died in Ogba area of Lagos State.

The man, pictured in Chelsea jersey was said to be out jogging when he slumped around Wemco road in Ogba this morning. (Oct.20)

According to online reports, the lifeless body of the man is still at the scene.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/unidentified-man-slumps-and-dies-during-early-morning-jogging-in-lagos
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by sharpwriter(m): 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
uuzba:

If you enter any prison, 11 out of 10 men are there because they were caught hustling to please a woman.

10 out of 11 men not 11 out of 10 men ... lol
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by wonder233: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
Aunty, leave that "Mark Zuckerberg wears simple shirts despite he is a billionaire" talk. It doesn't apply here.
tot:

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by thunderbabs: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
uuzba:

Stress is not exercise.

English teacher, I do not need your correctness, okay? Stress is not exercise, a ti gbo undecided
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by uuzba(m): 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2019
thunderbabs:

English teacher, I do not need your correctness, okay? Stress is not exercise, a ti gbo undecided
Stress is not Exercise
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
Juliearth:

Exercising is actually a useful tool to normalize your BP. It just shouldnt be too strenuous.
Yes but some already have a tendency of a CRA or ventricular tachycardia without them knowing, though they could have been seeing signs but decided not to listen to their body signals. If such a person now engages in anything that would stress the heart, the end result could be disastrous.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by toluwa1(f): 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
Hmmmmm....theres underline condition

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
hatchy:
Your foolishness and stupidity won't allow you reason like a moderate human with conscience.

You are a disgrace to your family for spending money on your education that ought to be used for feeding agric fowl.

Your childish personal insults do not substitute for substance, but betrays a crude and uncouth upbringing...smh undecided
>
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2019
Juliearth:

Exercising is actually a useful tool to normalize your BP. It just shouldnt be too strenuous.
Are you a nurse or a paramedic ? Which part of Kaduna are u? I was in zonkwa of recent for a community health outreach
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by armyofone(m): 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
I was just watching the agege bread docu last night and just shaking my head at the dirty bread people are happy to consume! How that alone won't kill person?
Ecoli, salmonella, germs all over the place--- what a country!!

redsun:

Pollution and toxic environment. You can taste it in the air in mega slums like Lagos, even down to small slums like Asaba.

There nothing in place to measure or check the level of pollution on the streets and in the foods that people consume in that rogue country
Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Juliearth(f): 3:58am On Oct 22, 2019
fairfora:
Are you a nurse or a paramedic ? Which part of Kaduna are u? I was in zonkwa of recent for a community health outreach

I am not a health worker, I am an information professional. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Zonkwa?

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Juliearth(f): 4:00am On Oct 22, 2019
fairfora:
Yes but some already have a tendency of a CRA or ventricular tachycardia without them knowing, though they could have been seeing signs but decided not to listen to their body signals. If such a person now engages in anything that would stress the heart, the end result could be disastrous.

You are absolutely right, that is why I didn't rule out the option of going for medical checkup to ascertain one's fitness before engaging in exercise.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2019
Juliearth:

I am not a health worker, I am an information professional. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Zonkwa?
Yes grin. I ate their local meal with ground nut soup. I also ate one fruit like that called atili( pls pardon my spelling error). I learnt castor oil is also extracted from it's seed. The weather too was quite friendly, a replica of Jos or western weather experienced at the beginning of winter. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) by Juliearth(f): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2019
fairfora:
Yes grin. I ate their local meal with ground nut soup. I also ate one fruit like that called atili( pls pardon my spelling error). I learnt castor oil is also extracted from it's seed. The weather too was quite friendly, a replica of Jos or western weather experienced at the beginning of winter. Cheers

Glad you were treated well, cheers!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) / Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Ly-mphshamei Broad-spectrum Antibiotics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.