Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,525 members, 7,958,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:42 PM

The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. (52866 Views)

Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) / $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion / Abia State First FLYOVER Taking Shape- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 21, 2019
Laminaped:

Carry the developments to Abia and anambra. Na by force to develop Lagos?

You are really talking childish here. We are all adults here and this kind of statement from you leaves much to be desired.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Ugosample(m): 9:02am On Oct 21, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
grin Lagos that is already suffering from overpopulation?
Some of you are really funny.

True that Lagos os crowded

But Lagos is unique

no other state can be like Lagos in terms of opportunity, tolerance and openness
Ogun state is next door
But is a shithole

ph is becoming something else

the other 35 states need to sit uo

that will help decongest Lagos a little
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Ugosample(m): 9:03am On Oct 21, 2019
Laminaped:

Carry the developments to Abia and anambra. Na by force to develop Lagos?

Abia state is a write off

But Anambra is pretty much developed
It's like the muster point for the SE
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Ugosample(m): 9:07am On Oct 21, 2019
BarrElChapo:
New York is also so over populated that people have to walk long hauls to work daily. it is streaming with dirt, bad roads, sewage etc ? No ? You see population shouldn't be the excuse here cos with it comes revenue. These revenues if properly channelled is enough to provide basic facilities that would in turn make for more revenue. Let's not hide under that over population story pls

Tokyo population is almost double Lagos own
yet Tokyo is clean and sharp to a large extent
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Ugosample(m): 9:08am On Oct 21, 2019
naijacentric:
same here broda abroad really opens our eyes its now i know naija is under serious bondage some demons don't want this country to progress because of their businesses

True that

a trip abroad opens the eyes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by tayebest(m): 9:19am On Oct 21, 2019
BarrElChapo:
Which almost all states have airports ? are you for real ? pls reply with facts and not exaggerated BSs

Nigeria has 31 Airports which include the international, local, airstrip, and military airports.

And yes! half of the states in Nigeria own an airport!
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Laminaped: 9:23am On Oct 21, 2019
Ugosample:

Abia state is a write off

But Anambra is pretty much developed
It's like the muster point for the SE
Yea that’s true
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Laminaped: 9:23am On Oct 21, 2019
obynzo:

You are really talking childish here. We are all adults here and this kind of statement from you leaves much to be desired.
Truth is bitter
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by tollyboy5(m): 9:48am On Oct 21, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:

I am only pained that I was born into a country where folks like you are comfortable with mediocrity, a country where citizens like you perceive necessities as luxury and would always welcome the crumbs thrown at him by his oppressors.
I am pained, sad and bittered that Nigeria will never witness a paradigm shift with folks like you at the helm of our country.
I pained that Nigerians have resigned to their fate and hence you are attacking those who do not align with your sentiments.
If craving the advancement of Nigeria makes me an IPOB, I would love to be an IPOB member forever.
please don't mind that guy. I'm from Epe. whenever we are travelling home for salah I knw how bad the road is.

1 Like

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by mofedamijo(m): 10:29am On Oct 21, 2019
BarrElChapo:
New York is also so over populated that people have to walk long hauls to work daily. it is streaming with dirt, bad roads, sewage etc ? No ? You see population shouldn't be the excuse here cos with it comes revenue. These revenues if properly channelled is enough to provide basic facilities that would in turn make for more revenue. Let's not hide under that over population story pls

Have you been to Newyork before??...did you say Newyork is not dirty, stop focusing on Braodway, wallstreet, canal street and the likes, secondly, how many Lagosians pay tax?? if Newyorkers were to pay taxes like Lagosians, Newyork will be worse of Lagos, yes....Newyork city smells and stink horribly in summer, like i said, corruption is also a factor.

New York metropolitan area generated a gross metropolitan product (GMP) of over US$1.33 trillion with a population of 20.3 million people

Lagos state total generated revenue in 2017 was around ₦334 billion (equivalent to US$920 million) with a GDP of $91 billion and about 20 million population.
Can you see the massive gap between both Economies, don't ever compare Newyork to Lagos, Never.

Swap the same revenue and let Newyork receive the same amount as Lagos, and let us see if Newyork won't be in a total shutdown in 2 months.

SO tell me what magic can Lagos state produce from the figures above?, if you think there is no corruption in Newyork state, then you better think again, they have so much revenue that's why the corruption isn't showing that much.

Secondly, have you asked why states like Bayelsa and the likes with less than 3million people still perform horribly in all sectors despite the allocations? Lagos isn't doing its best, yes i agree, but what then can we say of Bayelsa, Nassarawa and the likes with no population, yet their states are so dilapidated like Ja rules career.

4 Likes

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 11:53am On Oct 21, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
This is small compared to what my governor is doing in Abia state
$12,000,000,000 street lights investment, know ur mate sir

lol... almighty abia... grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Ugosample(m): 11:53am On Oct 21, 2019
mofedamijo:

Have you been to Newyork before??...did you say Newyork is not dirty, stop focusing on Braodway, wallstreet, canal street and the likes, secondly, how many Lagosians pay tax?? if Newyorkers were to pay taxes like Lagosians, Newyork will be worse of Lagos, yes....Newyork city smells and stink horribly in summer, like i said, corruption is also a factor.

New York metropolitan area generated a gross metropolitan product (GMP) of over US$1.33 trillion with a population of 20.3 million people

Lagos state total generated revenue in 2017 was around ₦334 billion (equivalent to US$920 million) with a GDP of $91 billion and about 20 million population.
Can you see the massive gap between both Economies, don't ever compare Newyork to Lagos, Never.

Swap the same revenue and let Newyork receive the same amount as Lagos, and let us see if Newyork won't be in a total shutdown in 2 months.

SO tell me what magic can Lagos state produce from the figures above?, if you think there is no corruption in Newyork state, then you better think again, they have so much revenue that's why the corruption isn't showing that much.

Secondly, have you asked why states like Bayelsa and the likes with less than 3million people still perform horribly in all sectors despite the allocations? Lagos isn't doing its best, yes i agree, but what then can we say of Bayelsa, Nassarawa and the likes with no population, yet their states are so dilapidated like Ja rules career.

N.Y. is in a far better shape than Lagos

Lagos is being mismanaged
that is a fact
no excuse

with the huge revenues and huge debt
Lagos should have done much better

that goes for baywlsa and Rivers too
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2019
Laminaped:

Carry the developments to Abia and anambra. Naaa force to develop Lagos?

They have so much to say about governance and development in other places and never their own states where development is decades backwards. The way they talk, you'd think their region is Dubai and not one of the most underdeveloped places in Nigeria.

Better to just laugh at them.

1 Like

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
mofedamijo:

You're right, but Kigali has a population of about 1.1million, Lagos is about 16million, the problem with Lagos is the population and congestion, look at Lagos in the 60s........Lagos used to be clean and orderly, but today, the facilities are over stretched, yes corruption is also a factor, but the population is alarming.

Kigali population is actually less than 1 million, it's 700,000.
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Laminaped: 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
NGpatriot:

They have so much to say about governance and development in other places and never their own states where development is decades backwards. The way they talk, you'd think their region is Dubai and not one of the most underdeveloped places in Nigeria.

Better to just laugh at them.
I tire ooo
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
mapet:

By what indicators?

By internet pictures from Kigali.
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2019
naijacentric:
shut up the guy is right u be enemy of lagos so u like as lagos is not moving forward. Rubbish and buhari

Lagos is not moving forward? In the same topic where they are talking about the largest single investment in any state from the largest single refinery I'm the world, largest petrochemical plant in Africa, largest fertilizer plant in Africa, largest gas plant in Africa, largest free trade zone in Africa, largest deep seaport in Nigeria?

Some of you shouldn't be allowed to roam around the internet aimlessly.

2 Likes

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by planetx: 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2019
All I see is meat for the Chinese workers
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by sulaak(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2019
thundafire:
Calabar free trade zone killed cs of the Lagos Zone,still don't know y country cnt spread it's net everywhere,just praying let tsunami never happen then government will have sense

Nothing is stopping the Calabar authorities inviting private investment to develop Calabar deepsea port.

Donald Duke wasted close to $600 million on Tinapa Resort, when a deepsea port, railway line or power plant seems like a more appropriate investment. Akpabio built a five-star hotel, golf course and a football stadium that should have been invested in an FTZ and deepsea port.

The Igbo states are still waiting for the federal government to transform Onitsha River Port into an industrial zone, what is stopping the state governors from taking over the river ports and inviting investors to transform that port into an FTZ. we need to hold our political leaders to account.

1 Like

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by tck2000(m): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
It's beautiful
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Arizonaguy(m): 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
zombieHUNTER:

Are you aware that Lagos IGR is greater than that of Rwanda... While Kigali is more developed than Lagos..

My point.. Stop celebrating mediocrity
Lagos is not where it's supposed to be

where the hell did you get that bullcrap
kigali is more developed than lagos
My point....Don't be too cynical
Learn to appreciate your own a bit
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2019
sulaak:

Nothing is stopping the Calabar authorities inviting private investment to develop Calabar deepsea port.

Donald Duke wasted close to $600 million on Tinapa Resort, when a deepsea port, railway line or power plant seems like a more appropriate investment. Akpabio built a five-star hotel, golf course and a football stadium that should have been invested in an FTZ and deepsea port.

The Igbo states are still waiting for the federal government to transform Onitsha River Port into an industrial zone, what is stopping the state governors from taking over the river ports and inviting investors to transform that port into an FTZ. we need to hold our political leaders to account.

I don't know why they worry so much about development and accountability in other places and never from their own states and governors. The don't blame their governors for anything, it's always other people faults.

1 Like

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:

I am only pained that I was born into a country where folks like you are comfortable with mediocrity, a country where citizens like you perceive necessities as luxury and would always welcome the crumbs thrown at him by his oppressors.
I am pained, sad and bittered that Nigeria will never witness a paradigm shift with folks like you at the helm of our country.
I pained that Nigerians have resigned to their fate and hence you are attacking those who do not align with your sentiments.
If craving the advancement of Nigeria makes me an IPOB, I would love to be an IPOB member forever.

The only time you worry about Nigeria is when you see development and progress in Lagos and other places outside your region, there is no progress and development in your own state, but you care less, it doesn't concern you and you don't say anything about your own governors.

How are Lagosians being oppressed because they have $15 billion, the largest single investment in any state, the largest single refinery I'm the world, largest petrochemical plant in Africa, largest fertilizer plant in Africa, largest gas plant in Africa, largest free trade zone in Africa, largest deep seaport in Nigeria?

Is it going to be mediocrity when this refinery complex, the FTZ, the deep seaport create hundreds of thousand of jobs for Lagosians and Nigerians in general?

Is it going to be mediocrity when Lagos state start generating massive IGR from this industrial zone alone?

Is it going to be mediocrity when this refinery wean us off fuel and petroleum products importation and sending off our crude for other countries to refine and send back to us with extra charges?

Is it going to be mediocrity when we start exporting petroleum products to generate foreign currencies?

It's really insane to label this massive investment and great economic diversification mediocrity, says a lot about people like you, you just rant and rant illogically and without sense.

We'll take you seriously when you start worrying about your own states where absolutely nothing is going on.

You just sound bitter, jealous and pained.

1 Like

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by thundafire: 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
sulaak:

u got it wrong dey powers dat be never supported dey idea and after Duke did it,dey paid him back by ignoring it dat was when dredging of dey port was to start and it delayed with excuses till these day
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
zombieHUNTER:

Are you aware that Lagos IGR is greater than that of Rwanda... While Kigali is more developed than Lagos..

My point.. Stop celebrating mediocrity
Lagos is not where it's supposed to be

dont disturb yourself. Nigerians are dammed and are used to suffering and mediocrity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by ScotMisile: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
valarmorghulis:
Other states are waiting for fed govt to dev their state, well done lag

This is just a part of Lagos, don't let me remind you of how dirty the busstops are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by mofedamijo(m): 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ugosample:

N.Y. is in a far better shape than Lagos
Lagos is being mismanaged that is a fact no excuse
with the huge revenues and huge debt Lagos should have done much better

that goes for baywlsa and Rivers too
seems you don't get the point.....enjoy your day biko.
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Ugosample(m): 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2019
mofedamijo:

seems you don't get the point.....enjoy your day biko.
I get what you are saying

but still
no excuses for Lagos

the people should pay more taxes
and the govt should utilize the one they have better
Abidjan is better taken care of than Lagos with a far leaner budget.
that is the point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by sulaak(m): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
thundafire:
u got it wrong dey powers dat be never supported dey idea and after Duke did it,dey paid him back by ignoring it dat was when dredging of dey port was to start and it delayed with excuses till these day

Donald Duke Tinapa business strategy was wrong, outside Lagos, there is no market for that level of investment. Nigerian are too poor to think of leisure, a deepsea would have been a better investment as it would have attracted private industrial development.
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
thundafire:

Speaking in an interview with The Nation recently, the NPA boss recounted that, “hitherto, I inherited a Joint Venture for the Calabar Channel Management Dredge and that was a big issue that we had to cancel. It’s an ongoing investigation about an unverifiable dredging works. So we have started another process. But it translated into huge volumes to the extent that we are looking at spending about N45-50billion on dredging of Calabar Port.”

Expatiating, she said, “When you look at the volumes of cargo that can come to that region, it’s very high so there is no justification in terms of revenues coming into the port to justify that volume of investment. But indeed, even if you dredge, you will only dredge to 10 metres. And right now, the global trend for shipping is deep seaports. So spending that amount of money will not attract the current trend of vessels being made. So those vessels that are being made now require deep seaports, about 17 metres draft and you cannot dredge 6-17 metres. So what we are doing now is we are encouraging bringing in flat bottom vessels to Calabar and we are encouraging having deep seaports in that area so that it would address the issue in totality. It’s like you want to do something but that thing you want to do has been overtaken by events.

“Even if we spend N50billion, we will only dredge it up to 10metres and now vessels of 10metres are not the vessels that are in trend. The vessels that require 17metre are the trend so it’s of no value for the Nigerian government to invest in that. So we are working on having flat bottom vessels as well as encouraging deep seaports.”

http://dredgewire.com/article/11450/why-npa-cancelled-n50b-calabar-seaport-dredging-project

Nigeria approves $2bn Bakassi seaport: now it needs investors

The government of Nigeria has officially approved the outline business case for the Bakassi Deep Seaport, to be located in Cross River State near the border with Cameroon.

However, the project, which is planned near the city of Calabar, cannot begin until investors are found, Cross River State procurement officials said.

Bakassi would be Nigeria’s second port after Apapa at Lagos, and would become the maritime gateway for the country’s landlocked northeast.

With a depth of 20m, the port would be able to handle much larger vessels than any other in the country.

Officials are presently looking for investors for a build, operate, transfer deal.

It is expected to cost between $1.7bn and $2bn, according to Cross River State’s Debt Review and Project Development Commission.

http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/nigeria-approves-2bn-bakassi-seaport-now-it-needs-/

It is unproductive and very uneconomical to spend money on what you can not use, what they need in that state is a deep seaport, not a shallow depth port that ships of today can not visit so why waste money.

The state recognized the issue with Calabar port and decided to build a deep sea port which the FG approved right away.

Before criticizing and making false allegations, study the issue first.
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by Kennyswagz1(m): 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
thundafire:
Calabar free trade zone killed cs of the Lagos Zone,still don't know y country cnt spread it's net everywhere,just praying let tsunami never happen then government will have sense
lekki free trade zonr is a private inveatmet
Re: The Lekki Free Trade Zone And Deep Sea Port Gradually Taking Shape.. Pictures. by mapet: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2019
NGpatriot:

By internet pictures from Kigali.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ben Ayade Kept Vigil At Calabar-Itu Boundary Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River / Mc Oluomo: Let Me Lose All I Worked For If I Sent Thugs To Beat Up Protesters / Dorathy Yohanna: Greenfield University Student Killed By Kidnappers In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.