Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market (25072 Views)

Dear Corp Member, Prepared For Labour Market? A Must Read!!! / What Is Your Fate In The Labour Market Ngerian Corper? / Is Professional Course Really Beneficial In The Labour Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Giantfarmer(m): 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2020
Good day sir intelligent dude pls I need your counsel, i studied microbiology and iam currently serving I need advice on the career path to choose pls help
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 10:35am On Feb 01, 2020
Giantfarmer:
Good day sir intelligent dude pls I need your counsel, i studied microbiology and iam currently serving I need advice on the career path to choose pls help
Hello,how are you doing today? First I would like to know the area you have passion for. This would help me give a succinct counsel. Cheers
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Joiceee(f): 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
Intelligentdude:
You are always welcome. I understand that it is possible to apply for Chinese Scholarship even with H.N.D. That is a good opportunity to convert the H.N.D to Master's degree.
Wow! How do I go about it please?
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2020
Joiceee:
Wow! How do I go about it please?
You can prepare for 2021 session. You need to prepare your documents for it.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Joiceee(f): 7:10am On Feb 03, 2020
Intelligentdude:
OK sir! But hope it won't backfire later, I intend to do my PhD after masters because I want to go the lecturing line.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Giantfarmer(m): 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Hello,how are you doing today? First I would like to know the area you have passion for. This would help me give a succinct counsel. Cheers
I have interest in public health and industrial microbiology am contemplating public health
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 9:24am On Feb 04, 2020
Giantfarmer:
I have interest in public health and industrial microbiology am contemplating public health
Great choice then. Are you volunteering with any NGO?
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Giantfarmer(m): 10:35am On Feb 04, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Great choice then. Are you volunteering with any NGO?
no sir iam not .your counsel needed
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2020
Giantfarmer:
no sir iam not .your counsel needed
You should start building your experience by volunteering in Public Health related NGOs.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Giantfarmer(m): 7:17am On Feb 05, 2020
Intelligentdude:
You should start building your experience by volunteering in Public Health related NGOs.
alright thank you sir
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Joiceee(f): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
Intelligentdude:
ok
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 6:47am On Feb 17, 2020
Joiceee:
ok
You can send me a message on whatsapp if you want to be added to my scholarship group (we post scholarship updates) : 08134657689
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Joiceee(f): 8:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
Intelligentdude:
You can send me a message on whatsapp if you want to be added to my scholarship group (we post scholarship updates) : 08134657689
alright.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by SimeonOTC(m): 3:41am On Feb 29, 2020
am inn;

am a graduate of computer science and specialize in web development and graphic design but am LOOSING MY PASSION and its very worrisome.
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 12:01am On Mar 01, 2020
SimeonOTC:
am inn;

am a graduate of computer science and specialize in web development and graphic design but am LOOSING MY PASSION and its very worrisome.
Hello,what could be wrong? Why are you losing your passion?
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by SimeonOTC(m): 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Hello,what could be wrong? Why are you losing your passion?

my work under someone and it's a very stressful job that keeps me from 7am to 8pm..no time to learn and improve my skill..
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by OLAWALEISHOLA46(m): 12:32am On Mar 02, 2020
I study hospitality management in yabatech.i finish ds year..what advice can u gv me?
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 7:14am On Mar 02, 2020
SimeonOTC:

my work under someone and it's a very stressful job that keeps me from 7am to 8pm..no time to learn and improve my skill..
You work on weekends too?
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by SimeonOTC(m): 7:55am On Mar 02, 2020
Intelligentdude:
You work on weekends too?
yes except Sundays...
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2020
Congrats to all 2019 Batch A corp members who passed out yesterday. Welcome to the favour Market.

Things you should note if you want a smooth career journey

1)Upskill yourself: While job hunting, ensure you acquire relevant skills in your proposed career path or chosen field. We are in an era of sabificate complimenting certificate.

2)Take Professional Courses: The importance of building your capacity and portfolio cannot be overemphasized. Enroll for Professional training online (you can find free online professional training on my other thread). Employers love to see applicants who are intentional in building their capacity.

3)Network: This is the time to be more committed to whatever Social group you belong to. Be committed even in your church, mosque and other groups. Attend Seminars/Workshops and make friends. Link up with professionals in your field and network with them.

4)Find a Mentor: Your heart desire is someone's present reality hence the need to link up with those who are ahead of you in your career path. Connect with them on LinkedIn platform or other channels, communicate your desire to be their protegee, be submissive and the sky will be your starting point.

5)Never give up: Be mindful of the people you hang out with this period. Follow those who see positivity even in a negative situation. Keep on keeping on despite the feedbacks you get from recruiters and HR personnel. You will achieve your desire if you faint not.

For your Professional Career Counseling, Job Search Strategy, CV and Cover Letter rewrite,Linkedln Profile Optimization, Call/Whatsapp Intelligentdude on : 08134657689. Feel free to send us a mail with your present CV for review: careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com
Re: Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market by Intelligentdude(m): 8:57am On Mar 10, 2020
Common questions job seekers ask

1)What’s the best format for a CV: PDF, MS Word, or txt?
Ans: PDF is generally best because there is less risk the formatting of the document will change. The hiring manager may have a different version of Word than you, and this can make the information on the page look odd. However, pay attention to any special requests in the job listing. If the hiring manager asks for a Word document, then send one.

2) .How do you write about hobbies on your CV?

Ans: *First, consider whether your hobbies will help with the job you want. Our cv sample does not include them, but if your hobbies demonstrate leadership or proficiency with certain software, then you should mention them.

It may be preferable to save a discussion about your hobbies until the interview.

3) Does my freelance experience count while drafting my CV?
Ans: Label your consulting and freelance experience as "professional experience" on your CV. Even if you did pro bono work-it's still shows you have stayed active working in your field. This is one of the reasons you need a professional CV writer to rewrite your CV. There are some experiences you have which you probably feel are not relevant but in the real sense, there are.

4) Is it compulsory I send a Cover Letter along with my CV?
Ans: Emphatic Yes. Your Cover Letter should give the recruiting personnel a reason to go through your CV.

A cover letter needs to show some of your experience and achievements, but should also communicate how your expertise can impact a company.

For your Professional career counselling,application tips, CV/Cover Letter writing,Linkedln Profile Optimization,Executive Bio, Call/Chat(whatsapp) Intelligentdude: 08134657689.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do You Know An Authentic Nysc Certificate? / Corpers' Lodge In Bori, Rivers Attacked By Armed Men, One Injured / Titilola Adeleke: Osun First Lady Inspires NYSC Corps Members At Ede Camp

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.