Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son (38465 Views)

Gmaqueena Frank: Artus Frank Celebrates His Daughter's Birthday, Shares Photos / Lola Rae Celebrates Her Birthday, Shares Cute Photos With Daughter / Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by dheespectre: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2019
R
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Lawbaron: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2019
Is it that your ooni that walks behind a mere commissioner in osun state?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by dederocs(m): 8:06am On Oct 21, 2019
Greatness can relate smiley
Happy birthday to the great Oba of Benin, over 5000years of history is no joke, from the Ogiso dynasty- Igodomigodo down to the Oba dynasty, the culture and traditions of this great kingdom has never been halted or stopped, not even the criminal British punitive expedition could halt it, they could not resist the great arts and crafts, they had to loot and flee, dem no born dem well to stay, the ground go swallow them.
Let's respect our history and tradition,this is a great export we have to offer the world.

6 Likes

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Onyi90(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2019
Please what makes the Oba of beinin king the highest throne in the history of Niger-area op.

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by eternityk: 8:09am On Oct 21, 2019
perryy:

If not for oyinbo, by now now all you Yaribas would have still remind in servitude . Go to Brasil and the carribeans and see the number of Yoruba slaves there. Who captured and sold them as slaves ? Na we now.
Hmm
Ok
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Astark: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2019
Onyi90:
Please what makes the Oba of beinin king the highest throne in the history of Niger-area op.
Because tinubu was the one that put ooni of Ife on the throne and he can remove him anytime

10 Likes

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by kobosmart(m): 8:16am On Oct 21, 2019
Why do I have a feeling that the baby is either ugly or dead? Davido isn't putting up the child's picture and he keeps trying to distract us by acting like its his first baby
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by MetaPhysical: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2019
GISTBL0G:

Recall Davido was invited by the Oba to perform during his coronation as the 40th Oba of Benin Empire. The oba of Benin kingdom is the greatest king of all kings in the history of Nigeria.

Really

grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Upton: 8:24am On Oct 21, 2019
emmasege:
OP made sense until when he said Oba of Benin is the greatest of all kings in Nigeria. Your Oba is the greatest in Edo State, not even in Southern Nigeria.

For the records, the two most prominent kings in Nigeria are the Sultan and the Ooni of Ife. Ask your Oba, he will tell you that Ooni is rated above him both locally and internationally.

Hope you saw the sitting arrangement of the five most prominent traditional rulers in Nigeria when Prince Charles last came to Nigeria? Ooni and Sultan both sat in the front, while Emir of Kano, Obi of Onitsha and Oba of Benin sat at the back. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING.

As per your O'ODUA ancestry, I will not engage u in needless argument since you guys have chosen to deny your root. We all know who does that. I respect your Oba though, because he hasn't and will not deny Ife as the SOURCE.

Senseless post

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Lekison(m): 8:25am On Oct 21, 2019
proudly Oct. 20th born....we are a blessing to this world
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Caseless: 8:25am On Oct 21, 2019
His son's name is ifeanyi? Chioma is strong. I like ibo names cos some of them can be short and meaningful. An ibo girl gave me chisimdi, I think I could name my child with that.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by lollybizzu(m): 8:25am On Oct 21, 2019
kobosmart:
Why do I have a feeling that the baby is either ugly or dead? Davido isn't putting up the child's picture and he keeps trying to distract us by acting like its his first baby

Security reasons grin

If you know you know grin.

Let the child be christened first.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:28am On Oct 21, 2019
Astark:
Because tinubu was the one that put ooni of Ife on the throne and he can remove him anytime

How sure are u about this??
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by kobosmart(m): 8:29am On Oct 21, 2019
lollybizzu:

Security reasons grin

If you know you know grin.

Let the child be christened first.
angry person wey don broadcast to everybody say e wife don born,come to think of it I've not even seen the chioma sef maybe she is crying

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by GMbuharii: 8:29am On Oct 21, 2019
Oba gha to'pere
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Dareal90s(m): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2019
perryy:

If not for oyinbo, by now now all you Yaribas would have still remind in servitude . Go to Brasil and the carribeans and see the number of Yoruba slaves there. Who captured and sold them as slaves ? Na we now.
U wey na ordinary Ijaw wey be ur brother dey sell u to slave trade, u no even knw where u come from, today u ar Nigerian, tomorrow Biafran next tomorrow Israeli, guy na from Egypt unna come from. U were sold to d Egyptians by the Yoruba's nd d Ijaws, ur ancestors built d pyramid.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by ZikZikZik: 9:02am On Oct 21, 2019
serosa:

His mum
Udonminit? lipsrsealed
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by lilytender: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2019
GISTBL0G:
Ewuare II (born October 20, 1953) was crowned the Oba of Benin on 20 October 2016. He is the 40th Oba, a title created for the Head of State (Emperor) of the Benin Empire at some time between 1180 and 1300.

Proud father Davido, celebrates Ewuare II the crowned the Oba of Benin kingdom, sharing same birthday with his newborn son, Ifeanyi David Adeleke.

Recall Davido was invited by the Oba to perform during his coronation as the 40th Oba of Benin Empire. The oba of Benin kingdom is the greatest king of all kings in the history of Nigeria.

Davido quickly took to social media to celebrate the great king of Oba himself with caption;

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/davido-celebrates-oba-of-benin-kingdom-on-his-birthday-shares-same-date-with-his-newborn-son

Who told you this yahoo story? There is no greatest king in Nigeria.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by dederocs(m): 9:07am On Oct 21, 2019
emmasege:
OP made sense until when he said Oba of Benin is the greatest of all kings in Nigeria. Your Oba is the greatest in Edo State, not even in Southern Nigeria.

For the records, the two most prominent kings in Nigeria are the Sultan and the Ooni of Ife. Ask your Oba, he will tell you that Ooni is rated above him both locally and internationally.

Hope you saw the sitting arrangement of the five most prominent traditional rulers in Nigeria when Prince Charles last came to Nigeria? Ooni and Sultan both sat in the front, while Emir of Kano, Obi of Onitsha and Oba of Benin sat at the back. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING.

As per your O'ODUA ancestry, I will not engage u in needless argument since you guys have chosen to deny your root. We all know who does that. I respect your Oba though, because he hasn't and will not deny Ife as the SOURCE.

Everyone knows your kind just like peddling rumours,well this is an interview the Oba of Lagos did- https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/lagos-oba-traces-origin-to-benin/amp

Show me where the Oba of Benin said the nonsense you typed?
Benin/Edo people are not boastful, the Oba is not one to argue over what is known by everyone, it will be senseless.

How many years ago was Ile Ife discovered as a thriving city?...not more than 2000years...the Benin dynasty has existed for more than 5000years, the Kingdom itself has existed for as long as human memory can trace...tell me how can your Ile Ife less than 2000 years claim to precede the great Benin Empire.

Let me tell you something you don't know today, most of the prominent 'Aworis' that settled in Lagos, with the Benin's are actually Benin people that moved with the Benin Prince that settled in Ille-Ife, who became ruler- Oduduwa to the Ille- Ife people.

The exiled Benin Prince Izoduwa, known to Yoruba as Ooduwa (Oduduwa), was made ruler of the Ife people due to his powers and followers from the great Benin Kingdom.

“Izoduwa (Ooduwa) was made the first king of Ile-Ife in 1230 AD. His followers from his father’s Kingdom in Benin are today’s Awori people, who settled in Eko now called Lagos.

Stop embarrassing your people here, let's make sense...it's not a thing of pride, it's history. Go do deep research, there are a lot of learned people online,don't expose your ignorance here.

6 Likes

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Chummynoni(m): 9:14am On Oct 21, 2019
na wa oo. this baby that hasnt even opened eyes yet is richer than me*cries
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Chummynoni(m): 9:19am On Oct 21, 2019
kobosmart:
ahnahn, brother why naa?. yu shud have said he did that cos d child resembles chioma's ex boyfriend not what u wrote up dear. d little boy wont die ijn
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by MostBlessedOne: 9:21am On Oct 21, 2019
Nice one for Omo omo baba olowo..Ifeanyi David Adeleke sharing the same birthday with a very great man..

Check my signature below
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Afonja007: 9:25am On Oct 21, 2019
If nigeria know what is empire they will not abuse the word like some people are calling them selves most sophisticated people in the planet,how can you call Benin empire when their king was banished to calabar and he died there,there no country you will visit without presence of Roman empire
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 21, 2019
ZikZikZik:
Udonminit? lipsrsealed

Yeah
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2019
eternityk:

See your stupid chest beating
The greatest king in d universe
U people and those chest beaters eat contaminated food a lot
and ironically those who don't consume contaminated foods have been repeatedly crowned as the most dubious and daft species in the universe...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by dederocs(m): 9:38am On Oct 21, 2019
Afonja007:
If nigeria know what is empire they will not abuse the word like some people are calling them selves most sophisticated people in the planet,how can you call Benin empire when their king was banished to calabar and he died there,there no country you will visit without presence of Roman empire
How many empires in history are still existing today?
Timbuktu, Kush, Babylonian empire, Alexander the Great of Macedonia/Greek empire, nok culture, Mayans etc...how many are still surviving?

What is surviving and only legacy of the Roman empire is Rome, as great as it was, and Rome is surviving due to the papacy, they were able to align politics with religion to enable them perpetuate their power...

Only the British empire has survived till now, so your argument is baseless, cos empires come and go...what we are celebrating in the Benin Kingdom is the preservation of the dynasty, people, heritage and rich history.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by kobosmart(m): 10:04am On Oct 21, 2019
Chummynoni:

ahnahn, brother why naa?. yu shud have said he did that cos d child resembles chioma's ex boyfriend not what u wrote up dear. d little boy wont die ijn
angry ewwwww! nigga did you just call me dear?
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by correctguy2010: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2019
kobosmart:

U get sense at all? na question o
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by correctguy2010: 10:17am On Oct 21, 2019
Afonja007:

Wetin this one dey talk abeg? You have successfully succeeded in saying nothing o
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by sooperrescue(m): 10:22am On Oct 21, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Really

grin
From the photo you posted. Prince Charles is not a king. He is a prince and heir to the throne. For the sultan and the ooni who are political monarch to sit down in the front row means that they have no pedigree. The Oba of Benin had to sit away from them. Ooni's son can never take the place of his father ditto the sultan and they are sitting first row with a prince who is not sure if he will ever be king even though he was born as a heir to the throne. Levels dey. If you understand the principles of the kingdom of Judah and the kingdom of Israel, you will understand that the Judah king is known on the day he is born while the Israeli king is by Nairabet. That's the same stuff with the kingdom of Benin and other tribal kings

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chidinma Okeke To Receive Divas Award Despite Her Video Scandal / Mocheddah Is Getting Married To Prince ‘BK’ Bukunyi Olateru-Olagbegi / Mompha, His Wife And Children Fly First Class To India (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.