Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son (38469 Views)

Gmaqueena Frank: Artus Frank Celebrates His Daughter's Birthday, Shares Photos / Lola Rae Celebrates Her Birthday, Shares Cute Photos With Daughter / Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by MetaPhysical: 10:37am On Oct 21, 2019
sooperrescue:

From the photo you posted. Prince Charles is not a king. He is a prince and heir to the throne. For the sultan and the ooni who are political monarch to sit down in the front row means that they have no pedigree. The Oba of Benin had to sit away from them. Ooni's son can never take the place of his father ditto the sultan and they are sitting first row with a prince who is not sure if he will ever be king even though he was born as a heir to the throne. Levels dey. If you understand the principles of the kingdom of Judah and the kingdom of Israel, you will understand that the Judah king is known on the day he is born while the Israeli king is by Nairabet. That's the same stuff with the kingdom of Benin and other tribal kings

Picture speaks louder than words!

2 Likes

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by kobosmart(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2019
correctguy2010:

U get sense at all? na question o
grin i get sense pass your popsy
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by correctguy2010: 11:12am On Oct 21, 2019
kobosmart:

grin i get sense pass your popsy

If you get sense u nor 4 type that rubbish.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by sooperrescue(m): 11:13am On Oct 21, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Picture speaks louder than words!
My Oba will not make any mistakes that the Sultan and the ooni made. Charles is not a king, if his mom sent him on an errand, he should meet with his peers and not his mother contemporaries. Our Oba realized that and he allowed the political obas to stay with the prince.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Innovate07: 11:30am On Oct 21, 2019
Afonja007:
If nigeria know what is empire they will not abuse the word like some people are calling them selves most sophisticated people in the planet,how can you call Benin empire when their king was banished to calabar and he died there,there no country you will visit without presence of Roman empire

Your ignorance is deep. All those empires you listed, which one of them us still existing till date? The only empire that predates the bini empire us the Japanese empire. Black people are their worse enemies. They celebrate others and look down on their own. Before whatever place you came from knew what royalty meant, the bini empire was already great. The British empire learned royalty from us. Yes they defeated us at war and that remains the only war we have lost, still we are still standing. As long as Nigeria is concerned know this, the bini empire stands taller than any other and their seed is the ones sitting on most of the the thrones in the southern state. Jealousy has blinded your eyes from facts and that makes you a hater of truth and knowledge.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by MetaPhysical: 11:39am On Oct 21, 2019
sooperrescue:

My Oba will not make any mistakes that the Sultan and the ooni made. Charles is not a king, if his mom sent him on an errand, he should meet with his peers and not his mother contemporaries. Our Oba realized that and he allowed the political obas to stay with the prince.

See as you dey fight dis picture for past three hours. Na wah o.
Let it go, wetin de picture do you? grin

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by TOMYPE: 11:45am On Oct 21, 2019
Congratulations Davido.....We welcome O.B.O Jnr.

Happy birthday to Oba Ewuare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by anonymousghost2(m): 11:47am On Oct 21, 2019
emmasege:
OP made sense until when he said Oba of Benin is the greatest of all kings in Nigeria. Your Oba is the greatest in Edo State, not even in Southern Nigeria.

For the records, the two most prominent kings in Nigeria are the Sultan and the Ooni of Ife. Ask your Oba, he will tell you that Ooni is rated above him both locally and internationally.

Hope you saw the sitting arrangement of the five most prominent traditional rulers in Nigeria when Prince Charles last came to Nigeria? Ooni and Sultan both sat in the front, while Emir of Kano, Obi of Onitsha and Oba of Benin sat at the back. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING.

As per your O'ODUA ancestry, I will not engage u in needless argument since you guys have chosen to deny your root. We all know who does that. I respect your Oba though, because he hasn't and will not deny Ife as the SOURCE.

hw much is oni paying u?oba of the benin is the greatest.... go n dieeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by anonymousghost2(m): 11:48am On Oct 21, 2019
eternityk:

See your stupid chest beating
The greatest king in d universe
U people and those chest beaters eat contaminated food a lot

mumu...
u can do your own chest beating now.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by farem: 11:49am On Oct 21, 2019
GISTBL0G:
Ewuare II (born October 20, 1953) was crowned the Oba of Benin on 20 October 2016. He is the 40th Oba, a title created for the Head of State (Emperor) of the Benin Empire at some time between 1180 and 1300.

Proud father Davido, celebrates Ewuare II the crowned the Oba of Benin kingdom, sharing same birthday with his newborn son, Ifeanyi David Adeleke.

Recall Davido was invited by the Oba to perform during his coronation as the 40th Oba of Benin Empire. The oba of Benin kingdom is the greatest king of all kings in the history of Nigeria.

Davido quickly took to social media to celebrate the great king of Oba himself with caption;

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/davido-celebrates-oba-of-benin-kingdom-on-his-birthday-shares-same-date-with-his-newborn-son

At the bolded, the writer Should substantiate the claim or else, he will have the dumbest writer's award!
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by notoriousbabe: 11:50am On Oct 21, 2019
vincent10:
Greetings to the great Oba
is that boy your sun?he resembles you a lot
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by anonymousghost2(m): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2019
lilytender:

Who told you this yahoo story? There is no greatest king in Nigeria.

there is and he is the oba of benin. cry o

2 Likes

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by badman007(m): 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Really

grin

It is called leading from behind. You know nothing. Your perspective is messed up, no imagination.. look again
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by badman007(m): 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2019
Afonja007:
If nigeria know what is empire they will not abuse the word like some people are calling them selves most sophisticated people in the planet,how can you call Benin empire when their king was banished to calabar and he died there,there no country you will visit without presence of Roman empire

Benin Empire artifacts dey every real museum... E FULL British museum for instance. Empires fight, kings die, talk another thing.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by MetaPhysical: 6:17pm On Oct 21, 2019
badman007:

It is called leading from behind. You know nothing. Your perspective is messed up, no imagination.. look again

grin grin grin
You Edo people like to write nonsense that have no facts but filled with myths.

When you are confronted with facts you loose your orientation and panic.

Just an ordinary picture fa....a fact of your political position and hereditary lineage....and for over seven hours now youve shared about four contradicting versions of what your kingdom represents. Its a pity!

I love pictures. They speak volumes!
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by badman007(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin grin
You Edo people like to write nonsense that have no facts but filled with myths.

When you are confronted with facts you loose your orientation and panic.

Just an ordinary picture fa....a fact of your political position and hereditary lineage....and for over seven hours now youve shared about four contradicting versions of what your kingdom represents. Its a pity!

I love pictures. They speak volumes!

Look at the picture, It’s no myth or mistake that only one royalty had his aid and staff behind him. You can’t read between the lines. I’d explain when I’m less busy, if you are a good boy.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Londonboy123: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
emmasege:
OP made sense until when he said Oba of Benin is the greatest of all kings in Nigeria. Your Oba is the greatest in Edo State, not even in Southern Nigeria.

For the records, the two most prominent kings in Nigeria are the Sultan and the Ooni of Ife. Ask your Oba, he will tell you that Ooni is rated above him both locally and internationally.

Hope you saw the sitting arrangement of the five most prominent traditional rulers in Nigeria when Prince Charles last came to Nigeria? Ooni and Sultan both sat in the front, while Emir of Kano, Obi of Onitsha and Oba of Benin sat at the back. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING.

As per your O'ODUA ancestry, I will not engage u in needless argument since you guys have chosen to deny your root. We all know who does that. I respect your Oba though, because he hasn't and will not deny Ife as the SOURCE.

I tire oooo.
the greatest king in nigeria , even the whole world.
have it made our economy robust.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by vincent10(m): 11:38am On Oct 22, 2019
notoriousbabe:
is that bwoy your sun?he resembles you a lot

Not my son but a fan.
Please subscribe to our channel.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Really

grin
So your proof of superiority of your ooni is a photo taken in the british embassy ? A Photo of royal fathers sitting down on chairs waiting for the photograph to take a photo of them ? The display was most likely done by the photograph himself. Well yoruba and double speak is a common thing.

When everybody thought only the Oba of Benin was invited to the british embassy, I remember all the insults flowing from the yoruba who were saying it wasn't dignifying that the Oba of Benin would grace the prince of wales by going to the british embassy. As soon as it was clear that the ooni of ife was also invited, the yoruba changed their tune and it was now about sitting arrangements for the group photo. Whomever was sitting closest to prince charles was the highest according to the same yoruba.

When people call you guys hypocrits, it is not an insult, that is what you are. Every now and then, your ooni of ife would come out to make an incredibly foolish statement and you will all jump to defend it: he has claimed that an ooni of ife lived 500 years, that the igbos migrated from ife, that Benin Kingdom was withing Edo-state and part of yoruba territory, that a prince from ife founded Lagos, 80 million yoruba living in Brazil... The list goes on.

So we can ask ourselves how greatness of precolonial Kings who no longer have executive power should be measured. I dare say it is not by sitting arrangements on a photo.

Some plausible ways to measure the greatness of a precolonial African King:

1) The greatness of the precolonial Kingdom he ruled.
2) The status of his father
3) What was named after his kingdom (perharps a postcolonial country and/or a bight ?)
4) Artefacts
5) Architecture
6) How did he lose his executive power ? Did he fight or did he give up without a fight ?
7) This one is closely linked to point (1): how old is the oldest text talking about his kingdom and what does it say about his kingdom.
8 ) precolonial maps.
9) Organisation of the monarchy (you know a monarchy is fake when it has no capital and the lowest title is that of king)

All the yorubas do is bring up a fairytale of "oduduwa" to "justify" their ooni being the "source".
In reality, ife was not developped when the british arrived contrary to Benin City which is the capital of Benin Kingdom (like abuja is the capital of nigeria and paris is the capital of france). Many cities withing Benin Kingdom (including Onitsha, Auchi, Warri, Lagos, Asaba) were way more developped than ife. In all the points above, Benin Kingdom beats ife village hands down.

Also, I would like to know why the ooni of ife wears a d.i.ldo on his head as crown ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8flCwvoAU

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
That statue you guys keep referring to as oduduwa is that of a dwarf. And the thing he is wearing on his head as a crown is most likely a representation of a d.i.ck. To me that surely means the statue was that of some sort of "god of fertility" or that of a person who was made a chief due to his fertility rate, but certainly not that of a king, perharps the person depicted is actually a male prostitue. Anyways, the joke is on the ooni of ife who now wears a d.i.ck as crown in order to immitate the statue. Ever heard of the expression "d.i.ck head" ?

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by sooperrescue(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
justnairalande:

So your proof of superiority of your ooni is a photo taken in the british embassy ? A Photo of royal fathers sitting down on chairs waiting for the photograph to take a photo of them ? The display was most likely done by the photograph himself. Well yoruba and double speak is a common thing.

When everybody thought only the Oba of Benin was invited to the british embassy, I remember all the insults flowing from the yoruba who were saying it wasn't dignifying that the Oba of Benin would grace the prince of wales by going to the british embassy. As soon as it was clear that the ooni of ife was also invited, the yoruba changed their tune and it was now about sitting arrangements for the group photo. Whomever was sitting closest to prince charles was the highest according to the same yoruba.

When people call you guys hypocrits, it is not an insult, that is what you are. Every now and then, your ooni of ife would come out to make an incredibly foolish statement and you will all jump to defend it: he has claimed that an ooni of ife lived 500 years, that the igbos migrated from ife, that Benin Kingdom was withing Edo-state and part of yoruba territory, that a prince from ife founded Lagos, 80 million yoruba living in Brazil... The list goes on.

So we can ask ourselves how greatness of precolonial Kings who no longer have executive power should be measured. I dare say it is not by sitting arrangements on a photo.

3) What was named after his kingdom (perharps a postcolonial country and/or a bight ?)
4) Artefacts
5) Architecture
6) How did he lose his executive power ? Did he fight or did he give up without a fight ?
7) This one is closely linked to point (1): how old is the oldest text talking about his kingdom and what does it say about his kingdom.
8 ) precolonial maps.
9) Organisation of the monarchy (you know a monarchy is fake when it has no capital and the lowest title is that of king)

All the yorubas do is bring up a fairytale of "oduduwa" to "justify" their ooni being the "source".
In reality, ife was not developped when the british arrived contrary to Benin City which is the capital of Benin Kingdom (like abuja is the capital of nigeria and paris is the capital of france). Many cities withing Benin Kingdom (including Onitsha, Auchi, Warri, Lagos, Asaba) were way more developped than ife. In all the points above, Benin Kingdom beats ife village hands down.

Also, I would like to know why the ooni of ife wears a d.i.ldo on his head as crown ?

I am enjoying this narrative. Thanks for the information. I have never seen anywhere in the world where a king is in power and his father is alive. Abominable.

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by MetaPhysical: 4:40am On Oct 23, 2019
justnairalande:

4) Artefacts
5) Architecture
8 ) precolonial maps.

I didnt know a single picture can bring Edos this much agony. Since yesterday una dey wail over picture. Mttcccchhheeww
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Favor99(m): 7:10am On Oct 24, 2019
Afonja007:
All empires eventually come in defeat. Britain got defeated, Rome got defeated by the barbarians, Egypt got defeated. Just because the Bini king got defeated doesn’t make it any different then any other empire that had defeat.

In fact every African empire and tribe and many Asian and Sputh American empires and nations lost to the same British.
But you already knew that, your just trolling
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
The ooni of Ife is famous for claiming 13000 year old artifacts (lies), 80 million Yoruba in Brazil (lies), an ooni lived 500 years (lies), Ife taught Egypt momification (lies), igbo migrated from ife (lies)...the Yoruba do nothing but lie and of course they accuse others of lying when they object to yoruba lies.
Re: Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son by Afonja007: 7:37am On Nov 02, 2019
Innovate07:

Your ignorance is deep. All those empires you listed, which one of them us still existing till date? The only empire that predates the bini empire us the Japanese empire. Black people are their worse enemies. They celebrate others and look down on their own. Before whatever place you came from knew what royalty meant, the bini empire was already great. The British empire learned royalty from us. Yes they defeated us at war and that remains the only war we have lost, still we are still standing. As long as Nigeria is concerned know this, the bini empire stands taller than any other and their seed is the ones sitting on most of the the thrones in the southern state. Jealousy has blinded your eyes from facts and that makes you a hater of truth and knowledge.
Benin don't 've any empire, empire is when you rule others countries as king ,so tell me which other country oba of benin was their head then ?even agbor closets to Benin was colonised by igbo by giving them obi of agbor instead of oba ,do you know how many countries king of Spain in their head till today ?do you know how many countries queen of England is their head till today ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burna Boy Plays With Condom In Makurdi While On Stage (Photos) / 2face Idibia At Zion And Nino's School Cultural Day (Photos) / Mompha, His Wife And Children Fly First Class To India (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.