Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (332009 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Farmguy: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
What's your take on taking Google data nalypc certificate programs on coursera
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by calmnquiet(m): 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2021
Good evening House

Can a system with screen resolution 1366*768 run powerbi effectively
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ebixy(m): 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
calmnquiet:
Good evening House

Can a system with screen resolution 1366*768 run powerbi effectively

Yes. That's what I'm currently using.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
Konquest:

@Ejiod
Deep insights!

What did you study at the
MSc and Phd levels?

Nice thread.

Cheers.
Apologies on late response. Was scrolling and saw this.
MSc was Cell Biology &Genetics with specialty in bioinformatics.
PhD ….. nahhhhh
If I’m to advise anyone now! Never run any masters of science or Art or Engineering. Just take a professional masters..
MBA!!!!!!! or any professional masters. Or focus on professional certification

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by LadeeE: 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
Please which site can you suggest for excel training? Thanks for all you are doing here.
Ejiod:

Apologies on late response. Was scrolling and saw this.
MSc was Cell Biology &Genetics with specialty in bioinformatics.
PhD ….. nahhhhh
If I’m to advise anyone now! Never run any masters of science or Art or Engineering. Just take a professional masters..
MBA!!!!!!! or any professional masters. Or focus on professional certification
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by calmnquiet(m): 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
ebixy:

Yes. That's what I'm currently using.

Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Headlaw(m): 11:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
Eromzi:
hello special greetings to you all, stubbled across this tread while searching for more info on this topic......it's seems the west, Lagos in particular got most of the data analyst and scientist. I am based in pH. if you are in pH with relavant material to share let's connect. the journey has just began for me.

I’m in Port Harcourt too...
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 4:23am On Nov 25, 2021
LadeeE:
Please which site can you suggest for excel training? Thanks for all you are doing here.
Hmmmmm it depends.
YouTube now is the best university right now.
My advice is to click on the search bar and type “ Excel for beginners “ you will get tones of good classes there.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by wman(m): 8:42am On Nov 25, 2021
Great thread Ejiod.

Well done.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Homeboiy: 11:19am On Nov 25, 2021
I’m just confused

I got a diploma on Information technology and cyber law from SIIT an online school

But the practical part from the lecture videos is making me confused

I think I have to switch to Data science because I studied statistics
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lovelybobo: 11:52am On Nov 25, 2021
Homeboiy:
I’m just confused

I got a diploma on Information technology and cyber law from SIIT an online school

But the practical part from the lecture videos is making me confused

I think I have to switch to Data science because I studied statistics

Please don't be confused. Data Analytics is a very broad field and still growing, decide on your area of specialization and select your domain to move faster.
Example 1
If you studied health related courses, your domain should be health and available job titles are Health Data analyst, Health Record Analyst etc.
Decide on a domain or area of specialization to make study easy and progress faster.
Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by LadeeE: 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ejiod:

Hmmmmm it depends.
YouTube now is the best university right now.
My advice is to click on the search bar and type “ Excel for beginners “ you will get tones of good classes there.
Thank you. I will start from there.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Homeboiy: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2021
lovelybobo:

Please don't be confused. Data Analytics is a very broad field and still growing, decide on your area of specialization and select your domain to move faster.
Example 1
If you studied health related courses, your domain should be health and available job titles are Health Data analyst, Health Record Analyst etc.
Decide on a domain or area of specialization to make study easy and progress faster.
Shalom

I studied statistics
Do you think I should go for the Data science or stick to cyber security?

Ethical hacking
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lovelybobo: 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
Homeboiy:

I studied statistics
Do you think I should go for the Data science or stick to cyber security?

Ethical hacking

It is not about what you studied.
Why did you study Statistics and not Engineering or Computer Science.
It's about your personality build up.
Both Courses will require deep Programming skills and many soft skills.
Networking skills across different platforms is a most for Cyber Security etc.

Please do a little research on the requirement for each and compare it with your personality build up.
Any one you choose will require time to master the content and receive the rewards.

Shalom
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by shedo4sure: 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good evening house. I'm self learning machine learning with python but I recently got a scholarship to study cyber security at a computer training institute. Before now, I've seen someone who claims to be an ML Engineer + a pentester. He talked about how he was able to build ML models to carry out pentesting. I'm willing to follow his footsteps, but I don't really know how to go about it. Is there anyway I can balance learning Cyber security(Ethical Hacking) and Machine learning?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Homeboiy: 6:16am On Nov 26, 2021
lovelybobo:

It is not about what you studied.
Why did you study Statistics and not Engineering or Computer Science.
It's about your personality build up.
Both Courses will require deep Programming skills and many soft skills.
Networking skills across different platforms is a most for Cyber Security etc.

Please do a little research on the requirement for each and compare it with your personality build up.
Any one you choose will require time to master the content and receive the rewards.

Shalom

Thanks for your guidelines
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Scholar212(m): 8:10am On Nov 26, 2021
LadeeE:
Which site did you use for your excel training? I want to start with learning excel.
. I registered for Sidehustleng training, so it is like a boot camp. FROM Excel to PowerBI. You can check out YouTube for video tutorials, there are tons of Excel channels

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by LadeeE: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2021
Thank you.

Scholar212:
. I registered for Sidehustleng training, so it is like a boot camp. FROM Excel to PowerBI. You can check out YouTube for video tutorials, there are tons of Excel channels
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2021
Lot of changes have been happening within this industry. Both on my end and within tech space. Will update you all on this changes.
Thinking of creating a thread. Let me know your suggestions ladies and gentlemen

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ShadowWalker00(m): 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
Ejiod:
Lot of changes have been happening within this industry. Both on my end and within tech space. Will update you all on this changes.
Thinking of creating a thread. Let me know your suggestions ladies and gentlemen
pls create a thread, and update us. cheesy
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by movado19: 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2021
Ejiod:

Hello Ejiod!
Are the changes a great departure from things already in this thread?
if yes, then a new thread may be great; and if not, then may I suggest that you just make it a continuation of this already awesome thread?
Whatever you decide on will be anticipated with excitement, no doubt.
We eagerly await!

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hello Ejiod please is there a way I can directly get in contact with you for guidance in my path on being a data scientist I have been taking some courses but would like to know if I am on track
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by temiyato(m): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2021
davidhalo89:
Hello Ejiod please is there a way I can directly get in contact with you for guidance in my path on being a data scientist I have been taking some courses but would like to know if I am on track
I will advice u to check on youtube what u need to be a data scientists. The professional courses u must study and other relevant things too. U will need to download tons of videos from youtube and also take courses on udemy , edx , etc .
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by temiyato(m): 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2021
davidhalo89:

IBM data science professional course is a good one . u will learn how to use python , sql , data visualisation using power bi / tableau etc.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 27, 2021
temiyato:

Thanks temitayo please can we link up on WhatsApp if you don't mind my number 08141246409
IBM data science professional course is a good one . u will learn how to use python , sql , data visualisation using power bi / tableau etc.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 8:53am On Nov 27, 2021
Forgot to mention. For anyone trying to dive deep into using Tableau but tucked with the public version that is limited. There is work around this.
Currently, Tableau gives out professional versions to students for free. We all know the professional version is $850 but as a student whether masters or undergraduate you get it free.
Make use of this link and fill it out.
https://www.tableau.com/university-students

You must use your student email!

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ebixy(m): 10:10am On Nov 27, 2021
davidhalo89:

Check Turing College, Udacity, DataCamp, and Lambda School Data Science curriculum.

It will guide you on what you need to learn to be a data analyst or scientist.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by AnthCunny(m): 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ejiod:

A-Z Machine learning with Pyrhon and R by Krill Emerenko
2. Python for data science bootcamp by Jose portila
3.Cant remember the courses on SQL.
4. Python for financial analysis

Please where can I get the online course for number 1 and number 2 (for free, if possible)?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Eromzi(m): 7:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kenny242:

pls sir can you help me with materials for the following

Introduction to data analysis
excel
sql
ML
muhammedabdulhadi06@gmail.com
oga just join the telegram group Udemy king you go tire for materials. GIDI CARS YOU HAVE DONE WELL. YOUR BRAIN GET OIL
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Eromzi(m): 7:32am On Nov 28, 2021
pls how do I download Udemy videos straight to my Android phone, any app please.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by QueTeddy: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ejiod:
Forgot to mention. For anyone trying to dive deep into using Tableau but tucked with the public version that is limited. There is work around this.
Currently, Tableau gives out professional versions to students for free. We all know the professional version is $850 but as a student whether masters or undergraduate you get it free.
Make use of this link and fill it out.
https://www.tableau.com/university-students

You must use your student email!

Most Nigerian schools don't have school emails.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.