Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (331348 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Lasisieniola77(m): 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2021
I am also in the same dilemma and i need the reviews too. I am also considering APTECH
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Lasisieniola77(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2021
I need the reviews too
Kpokpoogri:
Hello Folks,

Please I need your inputs .
I'm planning to enroll for a 6 months Data Science training with NIIT in Lagos...Costs 350k.. I'll be learning SQL, R mining, python.

Please I need your reviews on NIIT, are they worth it?? For those who has got any experience with them.
OR, if you can suggest an alternative tuition providers that are better.

I'll be expecting your inputs.

Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by olasunky15(m): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2021
Raalsalghul:

So Google has a Data Analysis certification? Interesting! I'll definitely check it out.

Combining preparation for DA100 exam and work has been tasking.

And yes, I think there's so much buzz about learning the stacks than actually knowing some of the concepts behind them which are equally if not more important.

From my findings, one can still take da100 for USD15 before Dec 31st if you claim that you re furloughed or impacted by covid 19
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
olasunky15:

From my findings, one can still take da100 for USD15 before Dec 31st if you claim that you re furloughed or impacted by covid 19

Oh I see.

But between work, study and other activities, I've not yet had the time to prepare for it.

The exam is somewhat technical.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mdan(m): 3:35am On Dec 23, 2021
[quote author=Ejiod post=87495659]

Good morning sir.
I need your advice.
I'm a student studying radiography and I seek to add and IT Knowledge to it.
What do you think is the possibility of me merging my job in the future as a radiographer and a data scientist?

Then, how long do you think is enough to study this package in a day?

What do you think should be the minimum budget to learn this on my own?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mdan(m): 3:37am On Dec 23, 2021
Pls another scientist can say something pertaining to the above post.

I want to be guided.
Thanks y'all.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by coolshegs1: 9:37am On Dec 23, 2021
God bless the OP for this post.

I'm presently following the Data Science hierarchy, hoping to become a Database Engineer (a long way indeed, but I no get choice).

Now my question is, can a Database Engineer be regarded as a Software Developer?

Because it seems the demand and pay for software developers is higher than other fields. If not, I'd like to focus on Data Analytics/Science.

Thanks boss.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Felixitie(m): 7:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
coolshegs1:
God bless the OP for this post.

I'm presently following the Data Science hierarchy, hoping to become a Database Engineer (a long way indeed, but I no get choice).

Now my question is, can a Database Engineer be regarded as a Software Developer?

Because it seems the demand and pay for software developers is higher than other fields. If not, I'd like to focus on Data Analytics/Science.

Thanks boss.

Big No. No correlation between the two.. Different path entirely.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by olasunky15(m): 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Oh I see.

But between work, study and other activities, I've not yet had the time to prepare for it.

The exam is somewhat technical.

If you must take that exam, you need to create time a preparation. Its very important. I cannot over-emphasize that. Its not a 2-star exam for nothing
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
olasunky15:

If you must take that exam, you need to create time a preparation. Its very important. I cannot over-emphasize that. Its not a 2-star exam for nothing

Exactly, the exam has too many extraneous details for each question which can be confusing.

Short term, I'll focus on the Google Analytics Certification: long term DA-100.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by coolshegs1: 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
Felixitie:

Big No. No correlation between the two.. Different path entirely.

Oh really? So bad sha embarassed
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Felixitie(m): 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
coolshegs1:

Oh really? So bad sha embarassed

LOL. Why so bad? Both is cool.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by coolshegs1: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2021
Felixitie:

LOL. Why so bad? Both is cool.

I've been seeing a lot of Data Science guys switch to Software.. And the pay is somehow higher than DS except for Database Engineers.

I no wan enter tech cos of passion o. cheesy
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by T4kbaba(m): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2021
in this video, you will learn how to use Lookup function instead of Nested If. Most Microsoft Excel users often make use of Vlookup and Hlookup but not conversant with their mother called Lookup. This video explained how to attach information to a given condition in a range of data. Watch this video and add to your pool of knowledge. Do not forget to subscribe to the channel, click on like and comments on the video. I remain your humble Excel Guru guy, Ibraheem Babatunde, ACA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbT05dRcROs

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Felixitie(m): 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2021
coolshegs1:

I've been seeing a lot of Data Science guys switch to Software.. And the pay is somehow higher than DS except for Database Engineers.

I no wan enter tech cos of passion o. cheesy

Do you mean naija guys? If so, I think there is no readily available market for data scientist in Nigeria yet, unlike software developers. One of the Reasons why those guys switched.

Your last sentence got me laughing. You too like money oo., however you need to be passionate about it as well. It is a tough calling.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Johnnyessence(m): 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
Felixitie:

Do you mean naija guys? If so, I think there is no readily available market for data scientist in Nigeria yet, unlike software developers. One of the Reasons why those guys switched.

Your last sentence got me laughing. You too like money oo., however you need to be passionate about it as well. It is a tough calling.
you are very right here. The demand for software developers especially front end aspect are of great demand in Nigeria and Africa as a whole unlike data scientists in Nigeria aren’t highly demanding. It’s very low in Nigeria. It’s better to have basic practical knowledge in Web development before venturing into python before you become backend developers. I’m on GUI already but by January, I will be switching to web design and web development too. For you to applied for LinkedIn jobs in Areas of python developers(which are practically data science aspects), you have to have basic practical knowledge of web development.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by coolshegs1: 8:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Felixitie:

No, not even Nigeria. I'm not even focusing on the Nigerian market ($$ is important).

Guys I follow on YT, Twitter, etc. such as Joma Tech, and one other lady, all made the switch last year.

That's just by the way tho.. Make i enter DS fully first.

I understand sir. The $$ will drive the passion.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by The5DME(m): 10:21am On Dec 24, 2021
Can one use libre calc in place of Ms excel? Are there any disadvantages?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 3:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
Lasisieniola77:

I am also in the same dilemma and i need the reviews too. I am also considering APTECH
Hope you haven’t paid…
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaydon001: 3:06pm On Dec 24, 2021
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
[quote author=mdan post=108738159][/quote]
This may strain your energy.
I believe you can if you put in the focus. But to be sincere it’s never gonna be an easy journey.
This boils down to time management
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Felixitie(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2021
coolshegs1:

No, not even Nigeria. I'm not even focusing on the Nigerian market ($$ is important).

Guys I follow on YT, Twitter, etc. such as Joma Tech, and one other lady, all made the switch last year.

That's just by the way tho.. Make i enter DS fully first.

I understand sir. The $$ will drive the passion.

This road is going to be a long one, you might not see the $$ flowing in for years as expected and hope you will not be frustrated to quit. Because you have to dedicate years to learn the stuff and become a pro.,

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Lasisieniola77(m): 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
No, i have not. Any reason please
Ejiod:

Hope you haven’t paid…
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
Lasisieniola77:
No, i have not. Any reason please
Sincerely it would be waste of fund. Was there like 8yrs ago and I’m extremely certain what they will bring to you can easily be sourced right from the internet.
We are already in a digital age. For IT related it’s practice and practice that makes better improvement. Go through the 1st to 5th pages of this thread
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by coolshegs1: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2021
Felixitie:

This road is going to be a long one, you might not see the $$ flowing in for years as expected and hope you will not be frustrated to quit. Because you have to dedicate years to learn the stuff and become a pro.,

Yes sir, I'm very comfortable with that sir. I'm trying to automate other sources of income while I keep on learning.

Despite it been a long-term journey, the benefits are immeasurable.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Felixitie(m): 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
coolshegs1:

Yes sir, I'm very comfortable with that sir. I'm trying to automate other sources of income while I keep on learning.

Despite it been a long-term journey, the benefits are immeasurable.

You are absolutely good to go. You already have a map of your plans. No worries. I wish you good luck chief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by coolshegs1: 7:50am On Dec 25, 2021
Felixitie:

You are absolutely good to do. You already have a map our plans. No worries. I wish you good luck chief.

Thanks very much boss.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Excallibur(m): 10:46am On Dec 25, 2021
Who else is learning today on Christmas day
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
Excallibur:
Who else is learning today on Christmas day

Hands up here: want to get familiar with Tableau.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 6:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
Season greetings everyone. This Christmas is kinda boring. Had to play some video games today to the keep brain active.
To cut this boring story short, I will be hosting a clubhouse session tomorrow by 6pm.
You can ask me any question as I will be eager to answer all. I understand some Entusiast or new comers are confused on either taking data science/analytics against software/app development. This will be be addressed too. The link to room is below here.
https://www.clubhouse.com/join/just-data-defi/99sS0Jec/PQ19q28b

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by morgang(m): 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
Ufranxo:

Nice one...What stage are you in now.

Bro, due to tight school schedules here, I am currently at the beginners level (starting with Excel). I am not sure if there’s any group I can join?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ay92(m): 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
Will a 4gb ram laptop do or it's COMPULSORY to get 8gb ram laptop if I want to learn programming?

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.