Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work (23973 Views)

Just In: APC, Stone Us If We Fail. Nigerians, It's Time, Get Your Stones (Photos / They Are Begging Imams To Stop Praying While Arresting And Flogging Pastors. / Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Imstrong2(m): 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
Faith without works is dead

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Chummynoni(m): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
mtschew. foolish leaders. like they even provide jobs.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by drhammed: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
Although they may not be mutually exclusive, but the point from the man (Which to greater extent, TRUE) is that we should work when we're supposed to, and PRAY as needed. He didn't say you should stop prayers, but using that to justify what's not is the ish.
thesicilian:
Praying and going to work are not exclusive of each other. Only a man who doesn't really believe in God will tell you to "stop praying and go to work", since praying does not prevent you from going to work and vice versa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
God help us ooooo cry cry cry
Average Nigerian response to any problem
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by bigcasava1(m): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
As far am concern no Nigeria is lazy. Nigerians are ready to work if there is. So there's no sense in his comment
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Supernatural28(m): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Olamilekxy(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
Esseite:
Typical Nigerians, they have divided them already, just small inspirational quote everyone is shouting nice, apt, kudos, fact blah blah blah...

Where is the work?... you have 25m unemployed graduates in a country, only God know the percentage of underemployed... just yesterday, it was on front page a 31year old graduate was complaining of chest pain and rib shift from carrying cement after 5years of job search.

It's best if he had said we caution birth control so the limited available jobs with time can circulate as death rate naturaly aligns with birth rate as practised during Chinese population explosion.

If Nigerians were lazy, we would have been rubbing mind with Syria and afganistan.. the religion he is talking about is vital cause it renews hope weekly for the average Nigerian..

see the way you list everything as if is easy like that.

ordinary sug president for school youth dey loot.

see the way you criticise him as if you can do better.

smh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Chicastle: 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
Okay, I just finished reading the comments from this oloshos. but this one loud ooo... Well I know it's coming from the minister without power supply. but, I totally agreed on this point. Instead of Nigerians to join hands to the mechanical engineers in thinking and researching on how we can invent at least our own Technology, they would be jnside their room. Causing nuisance and noise pollution everyday.
But wait oo would the government even support my move? They only support RUGANIZATION
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by henryadex(m): 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
Work + honesty is far more than Marathon prayer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by inspitation: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
Where is the work? i dont believe any one is lazy just that they dont have the opportunity
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Bbbwings: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
You see
Anything to distract us from seeing that he failed woefully in giving us power
Stupid minister of darkness

Esseite:
Typical Nigerians, they have divided them already, just small inspirational quote everyone is shouting nice, apt, kudos, fact blah blah blah...

Where is the work?... you have 25m unemployed graduates in a country, only God know the percentage of underemployed... just yesterday, it was on front page a 31year old graduate was complaining of chest pain and rib shift from carrying cement after 5years of job search.

It's best if he had said we caution birth control so the limited available jobs with time can circulate as death rate naturaly aligns with birth rate as practised during Chinese population explosion.

If Nigerians were lazy, we would have been rubbing mind with Syria and afganistan.. the religion he is talking about is vital cause it renews hope weekly for the average Nigerian..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by fowlyansh181(m): 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
thesicilian:
Praying and going to work are not exclusive of each other. Only a man who doesn't really believe in God will tell you to "stop praying and go to work", since praying does not prevent you from going to work and vice versa.
nigerians emphasizes a lot on prayer and leaves work.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
Useless fool that call himself politician,the other day they told us to pray so that God can stop insecurity and now this

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by jokotus: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
Good talk. We are too religious and some people neglected their work they're in the prayer house 24/7. And Faith without work is death. Miracle of getting Richer.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Commentor: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
slimfit1:
If he had solved rocket science electricity when he was minister of power we surely will be working.

If he had finished the light railway we won't be spending 5 hours to get home every day.

If he was repairing our roads and building social housing maybe most of us would have been working.

If his boss was managing our economy properly most of us would be working surely.

If this government was creating a good environment for investors to invest we all would have been working.

Those investing billions of dollars in the LFTZ aren't complaining.

They must be living in a different world.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Femicomputer(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
Esseite:

You are right jawe, when the work is not available.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Femicomputer(m): 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
I tire ooo.
Chummynoni:
mtschew. foolish leaders. like they even provide jobs.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by HacheNoire: 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
slimfit1:
If he had solved rocket science electricity when he was minister of power we surely will be working.

If he had finished the light railway we won't be spending 5 hours to get home every day.

If he was repairing our roads and building social housing maybe most of us would have been working.

If his boss was managing our economy properly most of us would be working surely.

If this government was creating a good environment for investors to invest we all would have been working.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Commentor: 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
bigcasava1:
As far am concern no Nigeria is lazy. Nigerians are ready to work if there is. So there's no sense in his comment

Leave that thing.

I have met Nigerians abroad who wouldn't work.

They prefer cheating the state or going all out for fraud.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Femicomputer(m): 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
inspitation:
Where is the work? i dont believe any one is lazy just that they dont have the opportunity

Yes nah, to even get the job is the problem, Nigeria re not lazy at all.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by 7pages(m): 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
these held my parents down. their faith I don't know where they got it from most especially my dad, he's a chronic religion chauvinist. I'm glad I escaped from that mentality

God won't give you pounded yam, he gives yam through your effort and with your effort you will grind/or pound it into pounded yam

this is just common sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by kokoA(m): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
Politicians don't pray, don't work hard and they have everything.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by DCmonster: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
Bloody ripper and dishonourable minister of darkness. So I shouldn't pray again right? No wonder you have left nigerians in total darkness so that you can continue to perpetrate evil with your cohorts. As for me i will always pray and hustle. Praying and hustling is why I ain't broke and will never be. Only fools will take your words like a guy said up there. #Meekmill

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by everyevery: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
They will go to church very early in the morning for seven days stretch, while others were busy with work and they believe God is stupid like them not to reward hardwork at the expense of laziness under the guises of hard prayers . Foolish people everywhere in Nigeria reason why we are backward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by 7pages(m): 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
Commentor:

Leave that thing.

I have met Nigerians abroad who wouldn't work.

They prefer cheating the state or going all out for fraud.

bruh I'm a Nigerian that's ready to work. please can you fix a brother up with any of your friends or around you please
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hian! I wonder why some lazy people were busy attacking this man, instead of them pondering on his message. The bible even confirmed what he said in the book of James 2:14-26. Any doubting thomases should read.

I was in US recently and a friend narrated his colleague's good behaviour to me. He said each time he saw this guy, well-behaved and of good manners he always thought he's worker in a church. One day, he asked him of the name of his church and he said he hardly goes to church in fact, he has not been to church in a long while though he bears a Christian name. You could imagine how much more amazing his life could have been if he attends church. Same happens to our Muslim brothers and sisters. We should stop being over religious in this country and be serious for once. Practice your religion to please God and not man, love one another and be holy without which anyone would see God.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Happyguy201: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
which work ? the one you people created abi
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
A woman has in stock in her kiosk, 3 small bottles of Alamo bitter, 7 seeds of bitter kola, 1 pod of alligator pepper, 2 packets of cigarettes, 6 kola nuts.
Every morning she starts a 40 minutes of prayer session asking God to do for her what he did for her neighbors, that as he exalted Dangote, may he exalt her
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by djon78(m): 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
fowlyansh181:
nigerians emphasizes a lot on prayer and leaves work.

A very big fat lie. Expose the same Nigerians to US, UK, Canada etc and you see them work there socks off

The main problem is that government are not helping at all. Politicians have failed us. Where is the work?
Over 25million Nigerians are jobless. They want job but none.

I

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by wickedtuna: 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2019
sapele914:
How many factories does your father have?Bob Marley best said it “Most foolish people think Great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high, but if you know what life is worth, you would look for yours on earth, now we see the light.
lol i know what your problem is sir. grin
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by franudi: 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2019
Where is the work? Lazy leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Kills WAEC Students And Principal In Borno / Security Operatives Seal Plateau House Of Assembly Complex / Nicholas Felix Steps Down For Osinbajo (APC Presidential Primary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.