Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work (23974 Views)

Just In: APC, Stone Us If We Fail. Nigerians, It's Time, Get Your Stones (Photos / They Are Begging Imams To Stop Praying While Arresting And Flogging Pastors. / Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by mozona(m): 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
where is the work?

nonsenseness
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by IDnoble1: 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
Let the government first remove poverty and insecurity and create jobs and see if people will not pray less
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Okoroawusa: 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
supported
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by kotv: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
Religion makes people lazy n a nation less productive n more corrupt

The idea of expecting a helper has made many people lazy

True. Nigerians pray more than the people that introduced us to both the western and eastern religion but, they growing more than we do. Religion destroyed Africa but, shamefully, our people refuse to see it.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by femi4: 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

In Nigeria, there is little or no reward for hardwork. Stop blaming our problems on religion. Religion was with us in the 70s and early 80s when the Country was making sense
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by mrvitalis(m): 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
femi4:
In Nigeria, there is little or no reward for hardwork. Stop blaming our problems on religion. Religion was with us in the 70s and early 80s when the Country was making sense
70s 80s whites still ran the economy as they left amd religious people took over we collapsed
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by femi4: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

70s 80s whites still ran the economy as they left amd religious people took over we collapsed
White? In the 80s....you must be part of indomie generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by mechanics(m): 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
They go together, we already know that.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by chubinwa(m): 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
It is written, Faith without practical demonstration is death. Work and pray
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Lawmak: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
genii96:
Praying and hard-working aren't mutually exclusive. Anyone who just prays and doesn't work is just lazy.
It's not even easy to pray.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by BuhariAdvocate: 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
I concur.
Esseite:
Typical Nigerians, they have divided them already, just small inspirational quote everyone is shouting nice, apt, kudos, fact blah blah blah...

Where is the work?... you have 25m unemployed graduates in a country, only God knows the percentage of underemployed... just yesterday, it was on front page a 31year old graduate was complaining of chest pain and rib shift from carrying cement after 5years of job search without result..

It's best if he had said we caution birth control so the limited available jobs with time can circulate as death rate naturally aligns with birth rate as practised during China population explosion, since its undeniable we have run out of ideas.

If Nigerians were lazy, we would have been rubbing mind with Syria and afganistan.. the religion he is talking about is vital, cause it renews hope weekly for the average Nigerian..

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by blackboy(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
Now you are saying Nigerians are lazy ehh? I dont blame you. Nigerians are complaining more than praying.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Phobia1: 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
thesicilian:
Praying and going to work are not exclusive of each other. Only a man who doesn't really believe in God will tell you to "stop praying and go to work", since praying does not prevent you from going to work and vice versa.
Ask a real deperlife member. They only have like 2 to 3 days for not going to church in 7days.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Charly68: 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
When you guys ran everything down for Nigerians and all they do are not working won't they resort to prayer? These men are fools
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by shineeye1: 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2019
praizblog:
Federal Minister of works and housing Babtunde Raji Fashola has urges Nigerians to stop being too religious rather than working. In his words he reveals Nigerians pray often and neglect working. He urges Nigerians to get work and stop praying all time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B36Ub6ZgSZO/?igshid=1tei6vn2adygr

Meanwhile some Nigerians have agreed to what the ministers said. What is your take on this ??

Report From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/stop-praying-all-the-time-get-to-work-fashola-urges-nigerians/

If all i would achieve after working is what fashola achieved after "working" for five years, i would rather go praying!
STFU
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by kayjay69(m): 12:37am On Oct 23, 2019
As much as I understand the message he was trying to pass across, he and his ilk should please shut it. The political class have nothing to teach the people of this country. There goes a man who has been in government in one form or another since 1999, coming to tell Nigerians about Hardwork and Prayer. Same man who while he was governor was busy awarding street roads of less than 10km at 200m to 500m naira. Lekki-Epe Expressway, a 50km road awarded at 1 billion naira per kilometre, just for expansion and rehabilitation, yet the job was never even completed 30%. Same man who promised severally to have the Lagos Metro Train project ready before his tenure ends, same project does not even look like it will be completed anytime soon. This was someone, who whilst campaigning for Ambode was going around Alimosho LG sharing Noodles and Sweets. I can go on and on. Fashola as a lawyer, for all of his emotional intelligence, should atleast know what to say and what not to say. These are trying times for most Nigerians and it is clear that the power and money he has is getting to his head.

Nigerians in truth tend to be quite religious and often call God on matters they can handle themselves. This may be true but I think it is fair that we go a step further and look at the issue deeply. It is a general fact that people from 3rd world countries who are challenged economically and otherwise tend to be more religious, this is not peculiar to Nigeria alone it is a global phenomena. Why are we still in a pitiable s**thole state? Well, perhaps we can ask men like him and his godfather who are skilled in the art of siphoning funds meant for our collective development and relocating it outside the shores of this country. The major reason why we are so religious is because of our underdevelopment.

If he wishes that Nigerians become less religious, then he should do his part. Atleast he has the capacity being that he is in a position of power and privilege. He should do his job with all sincerity and then let's see if people will not have jobs, earn a decent living and gradually dump this veil of religiosity while being able to think for themselves and make logical decisions.

I do not say he started the issues I listed above however I can confidently say he has done little or nothing to solve them.

KingGBsky:
Only if you were working like you supposed to the federal roads across the federation will not be as bad as it is right now in the history of Nigeria. Congratulations Mr worker. You have gone from minister of darkness to minister of bad roads. I can see your “work” Ewu.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Sonny454: 1:00am On Oct 23, 2019
Their children dont work half as hard as the Nigerian population mtchewww
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Sonny454: 1:01am On Oct 23, 2019
Him too he shld get to work
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by IjebuWarrior: 1:37am On Oct 23, 2019
Commentor:

Leave that thing.

I have met Nigerians abroad who wouldn't work.

They prefer cheating the state or going all out for fraud.

I agree... they'll now claim to be 'smart' till they're caught where they'll start blaming enemies or village pple.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by CodeTemplar: 2:57am On Oct 23, 2019
Fashola has confirmed his small mindedness today. The man is a great disappointment.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by deadBBQ: 4:26am On Oct 23, 2019
[s]
IjebuWarrior:

I agree... they'll now claim to be 'smart' till they're caught where they'll start blaming enemies or village pple.
[/s]
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Khaleell001(m): 7:57am On Oct 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

sorry oh,dis.you think before typing that?

where do you place Dubai,Saudi Arabia even Iran (even though i dont agree with their doctrine) who are also better than us though religious.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by mrvitalis(m): 8:05am On Oct 23, 2019
Khaleell001:

sorry oh,dis.you think before typing that?

where do you place Dubai,Saudi Arabia even Iran (even though i dont agree with their doctrine) who are also better than us though religious.
There is exception to every rule

Look at the names u called ...Iran is not overly religious tho and not really developed

They have large oil n small population ...so just luck ...none religious people Still built the place for them
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Khaleell001(m): 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

There is exception to every rule

Look at the names u called ...Iran is not overly religious tho and not really developed

They have large oil n small population ...so just luck ...none religious people Still built the place for them

one. mistake Nairalanders here make with me is that they think I take assumptions as facts.
Do. you have good facts and even statistics to show that none religious people did it for them?
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by bigcasava1(m): 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2019
Commentor:

Leave that thing.

I have met Nigerians abroad who wouldn't work.

They prefer cheating the state or going all out for fraud.
nonsense and u did not bother to see the hard working. I know u are not a Nigerian with the way u sound. Just carry ur frustration and defeated mentality to ur country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Kills WAEC Students And Principal In Borno / Security Operatives Seal Plateau House Of Assembly Complex / Nicholas Felix Steps Down For Osinbajo (APC Presidential Primary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.