Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work (23970 Views)

Just In: APC, Stone Us If We Fail. Nigerians, It's Time, Get Your Stones (Photos / They Are Begging Imams To Stop Praying While Arresting And Flogging Pastors. / Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Karleb(m): 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
How about we stop praying and start working? undecided
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by IbukunSangotola(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
thesicilian:
Praying and going to work are not exclusive of each other. Only a man who doesn't really believe in God will tell you to "stop praying and go to work", since praying does not prevent you from going to work and vice versa.
And he never said you should stop praying
Work more for the money
No be God create money
Na man like us do the money, if you want get something from a man, you gaz work to get am. I repeat WORK.
God no dey help idle man
Take it or leave it!!
WORK AND PRAY AND SMOKE SOME KPOLI... I'm out here ma niqqas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by egopersonified(f): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
Religion makes people lazy n a nation less productive n more corrupt

The idea of expecting a helper has made many people lazy

It really surprises me when people say Nigerians are lazy. I don't agree. Everyone around me is hustling. The proper word might be that we are not creative or dont have visions or plans or even think things through before acting. But lazy we are not.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by seunmsg(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
We pray over everything in Nigeria and it is just silly. If prayer truly works, we would all be billionaires right now. Hustling is the key to success with some measure of luck.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by kazeem74: 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
What are their own problem if we pray 24hours? They are failing in carrying out their own duties and delivering duties we elected for and beating around the bush
If we don't pray do they think all things that they are chaeting poor masses upon they can go freely just with power of prayer we accepted that God shall intervene rather than making unrest in the Nation-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by STENON(f): 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
... And you keep wondering why some of these religious bigots are devilish than the devil... Practicing the opposite of what they preach with their dark thought and evil mind towards life.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Seyijoe: 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Fashola whom i Respect so much just fall my hand, where's the job ìn nigeria, how many job have they create since the reign of this government, you said wẹ should work and stop praying, he who have no man to get a job, will surely have God to pray to... ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Zimbola7: 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Leave that thing.

I have met Nigerians abroad who wouldn't work.

They prefer cheating the state or going all out for fraud.
[/s]
bullcrap
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Zimbola7: 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Those investing billions of dollars in the LFTZ aren't complaining.

They must be living in a different world.
[/s]
Balderdash
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Two Economies

There are basically two economies in the world and every nation on the face of the earth fall under either of them.

These are:

* The Knowledge Economy

* The Religion Economy

The rich and prosperous nations of the world belong to the Knowledge Economy while the the poorest and poverty stricken nations of the world belong to the Religion Economy.

The Knowledge Economy is one that engages the brain, asks relevant questions, and proffer solutions to problems.

The Religion Economy is one that blackmails God and dumps every responsibilities on Him.

The Knowledge Economy tasks the brain, the Religion Economy numbs the brain.

Japan, for example, is a Knowledge Economy. It has no natural resources but it is a prosperous nation, one of the richest on the planet.

At least six of every ten cars on Nigeria's roads today are Japanese cars.

Japan is not a religious country, but it is one of the most corruption-free nations.

China is not a religious country, but nations that ignore China today do so to their own peril.

Nigeria falls under Religion Economy, everything depends on God.

Nigeria is one of the most endowed nations with natural resources on the face of the earth, yet also among the poorest.

Nigeria wears proudly the badge of the "poverty capital of the world" and is one of the most corrupt nations on the face of the earth.

It is also one of the most religious countries on the planet.

It is a nation where everything depends on God, and God watches in disgust as we mortgage our brains.

Even security agencies that are constitutionally funded from budgets look up to God to carry out their duties.

But here is the irony.

The two major religions of the world, Christianity and Islam, emanated from Israel and Saudi Arabia respectively.

But none of those two nations fall under Religion Economy.

None!

One of the evidences of their subscription to Knowledge Economy is the yearly pilgrimages that generate for them revenues in billions of dollars.

But hypocritically stupid nations like Nigeria are comfortable disseminating nuisance to humanity with their glamorization of the Religion Economy.

People elected and empowered to do a job will turn around and ask those who elected them to pray.

God is disgusted with Religion Economy.

There's a reason He gave man brain and instructed him to subdue the earth.

If you're a Christian or a Muslim who does not commit yourself to the pursuit of knowledge, your life will become a perfect reflection of Nigeria.

That's a fact!

It is an illusion to anticipate wisdom where people do not pay attention to Knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Nigerians arent lazy, its our elected officials who need to stop sleeping and start working.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Zimbola7: 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
IjebuWarrior:
Dem no go hear ooo. All dem Daddy G.Os slaves go begin dey curse pesin now grin
[/s]
trash
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Matrixoba: 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
HONESTLY, IS FASHOLA ACTUALLY WORKING AS A MINISTER? DID HE EVER WORK IN THE FIRST TERM AS MINISTER?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by nick50(m): 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
As early as 3 am in the morning there is already a heavy traffic on 3rd mainland bridge n i use to wonder where all those people are going maybe they are going to church/mosque..stupid man...Listening to Mr babatunde darkness one will think he meant well for the masses..stupid man with d heart of the devil.. Don't worry on d last day Satan will admit u where u will work forever and ever ..amen
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Irore: 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
thesicilian:
Praying and going to work are not exclusive of each other. Only a man who doesn't really believe in God will tell you to "stop praying and go to work", since praying does not prevent you from going to work and vice versa.

A perfect comment that should reverberate in everyone's mind. But how come you posted before me.Pray and Work. Work and Pray.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2019
DCmonster:
Bloody ripper and dishonourable minister of darkness. So I shouldn't pray again right? No wonder you have left nigerians in total darkness so that you can continue to perpetrate evil with your cohorts. As for me i will always pray and hustle. Praying and hustling is why I ain't broke and will never be. Only fools will take your words like a guy said up there. #Meekmill
If Fashola's message were a comprehensive passage in waec from which you were asked to draw a summary in 2 sentences, you'd simply have failed woefully. It amazes me most times, when a supposedly future of Nigeria posts such a comment as this, bereft of reason. Fashola said we should stop praying to much and get to work instead( not that we should not pray at all). Read the book of James. I leave the chapter and verse as an assignment for you, in which the bible said exactly what fashola said. Lazy youth like you.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by mrvitalis(m): 5:13pm On Oct 22, 2019
egopersonified:

It really surprises me when people say Nigerians are lazy. I don't agree. Everyone around me is hustling. The proper word might be that we are not creative or dont have visions or plans or even think things through before acting. But lazy we are not.
When they say Nigerians are lazy we mean intellectually lazy ...they work hard not smart

This is 2019 smart rules
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Jman06(m): 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
It's annoying how this administration is shifting the blames of their failure to poor Nigerians!

Buhari started it by saying that Nigerian youths are lazy! Now, all the politicians have been taking turns to blame us for their failures!

The truth remains that Nigerians ARE NOT LAZY no matter what our silly politicians want the world to believe.

From the US to Europe, Canada, Australia down to South Africa, Ghana, Cameroon etc, Nigerians are there working hard and growing their economies! Even back home in Nigeria, people are working their assez off in the nooks and crannies of the country.

Personally, I know the kind of odd jobs my humble self has done right from teenage years to this age in a bid to make ends meet. Yet, just because I have not made it big, some people feeding fat from our national treasury and those who got their breads buttered by mum and/or dad would still call me and my fellow hustling guys lazy! Talk about insult upon injury!
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by kikake: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
Fashola has led the three most important departments of infrastructural development of Nigeria for about four-and-half years.

No electricity, no housing, no good roads.

Does Fashola not understand that Nigerians now resort to praying to God to deliver them from bad leadership?

Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by djon78(m): 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
Karleb:
How about we stop praying and start working? undecided

Where is the work?
Have you not heard latest data, Nigeria has 25million jobless citizens. These are those that willingly want to work but no job.
So where is the job?
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by DCmonster: 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
fairfora:
If Fashola's message were a comprehensive passage in waec from which you were asked to draw a summary in 2 sentences, you'd simply have failed woefully. It amazes me most times, when a supposedly future of Nigeria posts such a comment as this, bereft of reason. Fashola said we should stop praying to much and get to work instead( not that we should not pray at all). Read the book of James. I leave the chapter and verse as an assignment for you, in which the bible said exactly what fashola said. Lazy youth like you.
Mumu! Tell me the chapter and verse. Read what you wrote again and see how stupid you sound. Don't quote me again you useless broke ass.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by djon78(m): 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

When they say Nigerians are lazy we mean intellectually lazy ...they work hard not smart

This is 2019 smart rules

And does the system create avenue for creativity, innovation and outside the box system.

If you don't know, present day Nigeria is at the level of development the developed world were in the early 1990s. When ordinary basic electricity we can't have basic steady light when other developing Nations have 100s of thousands of megawatts generation of power.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
DCmonster:
Mumu! Tell me the chapter and verse. Read what you wrote again and see how stupid you sound. Don't quote me again you useless broke ass.
insults...that's all you know. Grow up, lazy youth like you. If you don't have a bible, google is your friend. I won't help you on this , sorry
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by mrvitalis(m): 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
djon78:

And does the system create avenue for creativity, innovation and outside the box system.

If you don't know, present day Nigeria is at the level of development the developed world were in the early 1990s. When ordinary basic electricity we can't have basic steady light when other developing Nations have 100s of thousands of megawatts generation of power.
Problem creates innovation for those who are smart enough

With the problems that abound in Nigeria of the average Nigerian is innovative u would know

We have few innovative people ...Nigerians are good at doing what they are told to do ...nothing more

If u are an employer of labour u would know this
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by djon78(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Problem creates innovation for those who are smart enough

With the problems that abound in Nigeria of the average Nigerian is innovative u would know

We have few innovative people ...Nigerians are good at doing what they are told to do ...nothing more

If u are an employer of labour u would know this

Nigerians are innovative
When exposed to the factor conditions that will breed innovation
That's why they do well in developed advanced countries where the tools are available
But here, the environment is programmed to kill innovation
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by mrvitalis(m): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
djon78:

Nigerians are innovative
When exposed to the factor conditions that will breed innovation
That's why they do well in developed advanced countries where the tools are available
But here, the environment is programmed to kill innovation
We have all the condition that breeds innovation ...which is problems what else do u need u want to be innovation when u are relaxed ?

Necessity is the mother of inventions
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by JonDon12: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
Another hypocritical Nigerian Politician blaming Nigerians for their problems. Go to work ? Where are the jobs? Where are the schools? Where is the road to go to work. Where is the electricity to run your business? Where is the police to stop your property being stolen or destroyed. Minister of Olodo.
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by djon78(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

We have all the condition that breeds innovation ...which is problems what else do u need u want to be innovation when u are relaxed ?

Necessity is the mother of inventions

First of all quality education goes a long way in creating the mindset for innovation.
Nigeria's quality of education doesn't breed those kind of mindset

You were talking being an employer of labour
Its not about being relaxed
It starts from a mindset

You talked about problems
All the problems bedeviling this Nation which tangible solutions have been created?
Give me examples of solutions created
I mentioned basic electricity
Or basic refinery and petroleum problem that even backward Nations have solved
And you are talking of being relaxed
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by nedekid: 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
slimfit1:
If he had solved rocket science electricity when he was minister of power we surely will be working.

If he had finished the light railway we won't be spending 5 hours to get home every day.

If he was repairing our roads and building social housing maybe most of us would have been working.

If his boss was managing our economy properly most of us would be working surely.

If this government was creating a good environment for investors to invest we all would have been working.
Thank you jare
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by webngnews: 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2019
Og
Re: Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work by nedekid: 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
Another stupid government official. Baby lawyer that was given San via man know man and made governor of Lagos by his God father.
So oga Nigerians are not working abi? Just praying? This people will not just kill us despite all the suffering they have put us through.
If you have fixed the roads, if you had fixed electricity we will understand.
Living in Nigeria is work on its own. Waking up in Nigeria is work oga.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: General Abubakar Kicks Against Zoning, Defends 1999 Constitution / Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest / Oil Marketers To Shut Down ALL Loading Operations By Midnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.