Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

My Experience Teaching In Zaria - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience Teaching In Zaria (24515 Views)

A Teacher Narrated His Experience Teaching In the classroom the UK / Teachers In The House, How's It Like Teaching In A Secondary School / Instagram Slay Queen Spotted Teaching In A Secondary School In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by ArticleBeast: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Mynd44 lalasticlala

Justice should be serve
grin grin grin
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by tarboshi(m): 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2019
You are either an LGBT advocate or one of these half- baked graduates who do not know the purpose of a syllable. Those parents were really well-behaved . In the east, you would have been disengaged from your job by now.
Get yourself acquainted with the law of Nigeria and stop dragging the names of your kingsmen to the mud.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by carinmom(f): 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
ArticleBeast:

It is clear you haven't lived in the North. I currently live in Zaria. They will lynch you for urinating close to their prayer ground. For the 4 years I have lived here, I have watched 3 thieves beaten to death, two thieves hands caught off based on sharia judgment, and I have seen a child rapist walk free. You think you know this people, then you are joking.
. You are a LIER and a hypocrite. Where precisely did it happen in Zaria, I repeat you are a lier ,

1 Like

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Yankee101: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
Same sex marriage is illegal in Nigeria and it's not in your text books; so why teach it?
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by abduljabbar4(m): 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
ArticleBeast:

It is clear you haven't lived in the North. I currently live in Zaria. They will lynch you for urinating close to their prayer ground. For the 4 years I have lived here, I have watched 3 thieves beaten to death, two thieves hands caught off based on sharia judgment, and I have seen a child rapist walk free. You think you know this people, then you are joking.

You are nothing but an amateur liar. Of course, we beat thieves in the north but it never gets to the point where someone gets killed or permanently incapacitated unlike in the south. You will never find someone rubbing pepper on a thief's private part. The get caught, beaten and handed out to the police.

Secondly, our Sharia courts don't handle criminal cases. They only handle things like marriage and inheritance but criminal cases are addressed by the common law which is popular knowledge. Try to use common sense before lying on a forum like this

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by danot1030: 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2019
Op your write is excellent but i must say that Nigeria law only recognize one marriage and you should have stick to that except though if you are a homo try to spread the idea to the innocent children.
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by abeggnow: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
mu2sa2:
Good. Keep improving on your fiction writing.
lol I tire o. Looks like good fiction to me. Does it sound normal to teach jss1 students about gay marriages?? Besides marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Not consenting same gender adults. Why must we copy negative western values?? There is no culture on earth that allows promote same gender marriages cos is an abomination. Also Jonathan did not loose the election because this fiction writers reason, he lost because he was incompetent and he had no balls.
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by abduljabbar4(m): 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Why would a sane man urinate close to someone prayer ground Do you even think before you type.
No religious person would take it lightly with you. it's animals that can do such.

The thieves that are killed rarely in the North are those that steal bikes. And it's because they always kill the bike riders to carry their bike

I grew up in Zaria. In my whole life I have never heard someone hand was cut off. Not even in Zaria but in the entire North.

One of the greatest past time in Nigeria is blame game. We always want to blame something for our problems, especially things we don't understand, things we despise and whatever our clique for the moment swings towards for the blame game.

If the North is that bad as you are trying to paint it, why haven't you gone back to your homelandgrin

My brother they do that a lot on this forum. Everyone will be cooking up stories just to paint the north black but alhamdulillah, Nairalanders are getting more reasonable. Northerners don't kill or torture thieves.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by DonId(m): 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Bro tread carefully in the North.

This your experience reminded me of a similar experience of a fellow Corper had during our NYSC days in Maiduguri. Topic was religion and went ahead and overboard to talk about religious tolerance in an Islamic school. He spoke about tolerance that will make a Muslim visit a church and vice versa. He had to run from that school with his life alone just for mentioning the word church.

There are still a lot of taboo topics in the north. Be careful wherever you. If you will heed my advice , look for another school and end your time with the present school. You are already marked and any small religious tension will prove it to you.

Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by jelel6: 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2019
I'm so disgusted reading this post. Moreover, it's not difficult to read the personality of the writer from his inference that the northern environment is not ready for his 21st century knowledge.

Whereas, his lack of sensibilities is to blame and quiet frankly, you're not ready and matured enough to teach teenagers anywhere in Nigeria because you lack wisdom.

I mean, look at this man! Bothering teens with LGBTQ and Goodluck Jonathan refusal to support a western culture and ideology!

OP, how many Nigerians do you think you can find on the street with sufficient knowledge to have a civil conversation about Homosexuality? Do the west actually teach same sex marriages in their schools?

I can remember the first time I saw two men kissing. It was unbelievable and I still cringe when I see such on TV to this day.

Mr Man. That young girls definition was right and yours was not.

Marriage is a union between two consenting adults, a man and a woman as per the Nigerian Constitution. And that's valid For the North and South. Any other definition is not OURS. How you don't know that a thing mean different things to different people is Baffling to me.

You ought to get the sack. Thank your stars that the director pitied your naivety.

We learn everyday.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Offpoint: 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
Imagine this one teaching homosexuality in Nigeria school and jss for that matter... if my kids happened to be in that I'll be the first parent to treat your fück up.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by charlesELIKIBA: 11:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
grin
careytommy37:
It seems you have a deathwish.
Continue, last last you go dey alright
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by charlesELIKIBA: 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
Such boldness at the expense of your comfort and stay
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Canme4u(m): 11:22pm On Oct 23, 2019
ugonology:
On all grounds and from every perception...you were wrong!
1)You went overboard in teaching outside the syllabus (although slightly) on a topic that is both socio-culturally and constitutionally illegal in Nigeria.

2) You raped the minds of those kid by exposing them to dark knowledge that they should never have been exposed to at this stage of their lifes. kids always want to try and experiment on new things, they are easily swayed by new concepts and ideologies (its like teaching them about abortion and its benefits or teaching a primary 6 pupil the uses of a condom and how to get one) they are too young and will most likely abuse such information.

3) it's not about religion or region, any responsible parent will be concerned that their young kids are being exposed to such sensitive topics as same sex marriage at a tender and fragile age, it's only important(if necessary) for them to know these things at the senior secondary levels or within the concrete walls of a higher institution.

Lastly, Am Igbo and a Christian, born and breed in Zaria...i will not tolerate such from any teacher myself because this is what has plunged the western world into identity crisis! You find a man telling you he thinks he ought to have been a woman or how his sex organs do not define his sexuality. It all starts from an early intimacy with these dark and absurd ideologies...and in no distant time their minds become impregnated with strange foreign vices! It's awkward and against all our religious and cultural norms and values.

Well, Am running a masters degree in ABU too, zaria is not as extremist as you are painting it. Hit me up, maybe I will show you around, and wash away your zunubi' with a few holy bottles grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by hasyak(m): 11:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
ugonology:
1)You went overboard in teaching outside the syllabus (although slightly) on a topic that is both socio-culturally and constitutionally illegal in Nigeria.

2) You raped the minds of those kid by exposing them to dark knowledge that they should never have been exposed to at this stage of their lifes. kids always want to try and experiment on new things, they are easily swayed by new concepts and ideologies (its like teaching them about abortion and its benefits or teaching a primary 6 pupil the uses of a condom and how to get one) they are too young and will most likely abuse such information.

3) it's not about religion or region, any responsible parent will be concerned that their young kids are being exposed to such sensitive topics as same sex marriage at a tender and fragile age, it's only important(if necessary) for them to know these things at the senior secondary levels or within the concrete walls of a higher institution.

Lastly, Am Igbo and a Christian, born and breed in Zaria...i will not tolerate such from any teacher myself because this is what has plunged the western world into identity crisis! You find a man telling you he thinks he ought to have been a woman or how his sex organs do not define his sexuality. It all starts from an early intimacy with these dark and absurd ideologies...and in no distant time their minds become impregnated with strange foreign vices! It's awkward and against all our religious and cultural norms and values.

Well, Am running a masters degree in ABU too, zaria is not as extremist as you are painting it. Hit me up, maybe I will show you around, and wash away your zunubi' with a few holy bottles grin grin
+6.7

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Fallenhunter: 11:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
Lee29:
I think you should be in jail for teaching homosexuality to children. Homosexuality still attracts 14 years jail time according to Nigerian law

Not paying taxes, doing scams and writing hate speech is also against Nigerian law. Which of those should you be jailed for ?
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Advancedman(m): 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
adekunle0000:
I was born and raised in the southern part of Nigeria; Lagos to be precised. I had my first degree in eastern Nigeria. The National Youth Service Corp program offered me my first ever opportunity to visit the North.

I served in Taraba State. A very beautiful state that I will love to visit again someday. Infact, my pleasant experience in Taraba was a principal factor in my decision to pursue my Master's degree in a Northern University. I finally settled for the Prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

To help cushion the cost of a second degree, I undertook the job of a teacher in one of the many "secular" secondary schools (Name withheld) in Zaira. I was assigned to teach "Social Studies" to the Junior classes from Jss1-3. Then "English" and on not-too-frequent occasions "Government", to the Senior classes from Ss1-3.

I had my very first lesson with the Jss 3 on Monday; considering that I was taking over from a teacher who had started with them from Week One. The topic i treated was "Harmful Cultural Practices". We have "Female Genital Mutilation" as a subtopic; which was actually what I taught.
I took time to explain to the students what "Female Genital Mutilation" also known as "Female Circumcision" was all about. I explained the underlying reasons why the natives had to introduce it, what they had hoped to achieve and the resulting problems they created. In other to be better understood, I drew a mock diagram of a female anatomy on the blackboard. This was geared towards a proper understanding of the differences between Partial Circumcision (Scarification) and Complete Mutilation.

In the course of the lesson, the students exhibited some form of childish repulsions, which I attributed to the very nature of the subject-matter. On my part, I tried as much as possible to stick to the topic without cracking jokes or even laugh at jokes from them. Many even asked inquisitive and probing questions. I only answered those that I considered relevant to the issue of discuss. I left the class with some of the students still showing signs of repulsion.
My next lesson was with the Jss 1. The topic was "Marriage". I tested the class previous knowledge by asking them what they understand by the word "Marriage". A female student stood up to defined marriage as a "union between a man and a woman". I asked the entire class to clap for her, given her very bold attempt. But to their bewilderment, I told the class that she was wrong after they were done clapping. Some of them even protested; inquiring why I adjuged her to be wrong.

I told the class that her definition was wrong because it did not sufficiently capture the very essence of the concept as it applies to our contemporary times. I told them that marriage is rather "a legal union between two consenting adults", "....it could either be between two people of the same gender or two opposing genders".
At this point, I had their undivided attention. They were all hushed and concentrated. I told them about the LGBTQ community and their persistent struggle for acceptance.

I made them understand that is a global community with a global agenda. To drive home my point, I made them understand that the last dispensation of Goodluck Jonathan, had infact blamed this global phenomenon to be principally responsible for his failure at the polls as result of his refusal to give consent. I equally put in the same energy to explain the more common types of marriage (Christian, Islamic, Traditional, and Court). I left my class feeling every earned sense of fulfillment; having done my job to the best of my ability.

THE NEXT DAY.

I was in my office, when I got a message that the Director wants to see me. It was not my first time of receiving such a call from the Director. Staff meetings were almost becoming as frequent as one going to make use of the Convenience. Well... I took it like "Nwa it's nothing" ( in Phyno's voice). I stood up from my chair, adjusted my belt and then, swaggered away towards the Director's Office.

Before the office of the Director is the office of his secretary. The population of parents I saw there was quite more than what we normally receive on a daily bases. But considering that for the past week, we have been emphatic on the need for school fees debtors to come effect their payment, I didn't give their presence much thought. I was infact glad that at least, Madam will no longer hold us responsible for the poor response of parents to this obligation.

My indifference soon started giving way to some form of anxiety; more like fear, when I began to notice the "sea of eyes" looking my way with every step I took towards the Director's Office. As I got closer to the door, I discovered that the population in the Director's Office was even more that the spillover outside. I could feel the suppressed tension in the air. The faces were not bright or even welcoming to say the least. They did not appear to me like those who came to pay school fees.

I was able to excuse my way into the Secretary's Office. The Director motioned for me to come into his office at once, as soon as he saw me making my way in. He wasn't sitting on his chair. Standing with him as I was latter told is the School PTA chairman. A very respectable man judging by his outward disposition. He was an elderly man; infact the oldest among the lot.
As soon as the Director motioned me in, the crowd standing between me and the Director's Office just parted in two like the Red Sea to make way for me. I felt my heart sink into my stomach. My legs instantly felt heavy. But I had myself under strict comportment. My face were without emotions. Afterall, I was guilty of nothing (or so I thought).

As I walked into the office, the elder man (PTA chairman) was looking almost piercingly at me. As if sizing me up. My presence caught him in the middle of his address to the gathering.
My Director asked me to take a seat; which I did. I infact, sat at the edge of my seat, still wondering why I was the only teacher that was called to such a gathering of not-so-happy-looking parents. My Director (also an elderly Muslim man) sensing my apprehension, asked me to relax with what I considered to be a mischievous grim on his face. Well...I knew better than to do as instructed. I was on guard.
The first question I was asked was "How long have you been in the North?".

"About 15 months Sir" I replied as loud enough as my dried throat will permit me. "The first 12 months was at Jalingo and just 3 months in Zaria." i quickly added emphatically.

"Where were you born?"
"Lagos but I did my first degree in the East. My family is still based in Lagos"
"Are you Igbo?"
"Yes Sir"
There was a little thoughtful pause after that answer. Then he continued..
"What brought you to Zaira?"
"I'm a student of ABU and I'm here for my Master's degree program Sir"
"That's good" he said thoughtfully as he continued to gaze at me as if studying my disposition.
The others just continue to look as us without saying a word. A few of them (matured men) were occupying the few seats in the office. The rest (mostly the hijab wearing women and young fathers) were standing.
"Our Children came home to complain that you are teaching them bad things. That you are saying negative things that they don't like in class. What is it that you are teaching them?"
At this moment, I almost felt like bursting out in laughter. I had to pinch myself to remain composed.

Well...to cut the story short, I took time to explain to the parents what it was that I taught. The Director even sent for my textbooks without allowing me to go get them myself. I don't know if they were nursing the impression that I might escape. Funny them! Escape for what? Mtcheeeu!

When my textbooks came, it was confirmed that I had actually taught in accordance to the dictates of the textbook for the case of the Jss3. As for the Jss1, the topic was actually confirmed to be on marriage too, but the textbook (which was an old textbook of course) was silent on the issue of same sex marriage.

I was given a very strict warning to stick only to the content of the textbook. In the course of all of the admonishment, the PTA Chairman was smiling, but I knew better than to take the smiles for their face value. This people were dead serious!

I have since swore to myself, that I shall never try to "do pass myself". if I teach and you understand....fine! if you don't.... that's your cup of tea! I can't come and kill myself.
This was my experience! I felt compelled to write it down in order to help save someone somewhere from falling into my kind of situation. That is wasn't attacked by the parents is infact a miracle that I thank God and the respectable PTA chairman for. My intentions were pure. But here in the North, intentions can easily be misinterpreted especially when coming from a non-muslim and worst still, from a Nyamiri.
I personally think there is still a need for mass sensitisation of the Northerner on the usefulness of Western Education. The illiteracy rate is high. Those that even manage to go to school are just doing it with the impression that it is merely to fulfill all righteousness. Little wonder why we keep discovering "torture houses" on a daily bases. If the University community of Zaria could be this timid, how much more the Northern interiors.
Thank you.

[
ARE YOU GAY
1, You confirm its western education in your own word so I say you are wrong It's simply education and for the people of Nigeria and north this is a greater battle with the government to come up with strictly Naija syllabus.
2, As a Nation LGBT is out of point here and marriage here is not just between to adult family influence is great you can't teach western culture as ours, mind you Marriage is strictly about people, race, culture not just human.
So what you did in the north is blasphemous and sacrilegious.
I am a Christian but anglophobic.
Listen to Fela, Bob Marley and many other freedom fighters.
Think deep people who have common language don't speak English to solve science and technology issues German, Dutch etc
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by atapheeda(m): 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
Thanks for speaking my mind. Pls, kindly do take him out to watch his Zunubi, the Bills is on me.

Thanks
ugonology:

1 Like

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by atapheeda(m): 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2019
Learn to read along the line pls,.
Thanks

Boringdraw1:
Fabricated lies. Can someone run nysc and masters concurrently? NO
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Comanche(f): 1:41am On Oct 24, 2019
Wagasigiungu:

What do you want to enquire about? Some of us can still be very objective.

Ok.

I'm gonna send you a DM now.

Thanks.
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by ogbevireo(m): 2:46am On Oct 24, 2019
Op is simply planning his perfect exit from the country on the basis of religious and sexual harassment while living in the northern part of Nigeria.

His post here today is to have online evidence to buttress his points when he is applying for a visa on the basis of gross intolerance.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 24, 2019
adekunle0000:
I was born and raised in the southern part of Nigeria; Lagos to be precised. I had my first degree in eastern Nigeria. The National Youth Service Corp program offered me my first ever opportunity to visit the North.

I served in Taraba State. A very beautiful state that I will love to visit again someday. Infact, my pleasant experience in Taraba was a principal factor in my decision to pursue my Master's degree in a Northern University. I finally settled for the Prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

To help cushion the cost of a second degree, I undertook the job of a teacher in one of the many "secular" secondary schools (Name withheld) in Zaira. I was assigned to teach "Social Studies" to the Junior classes from Jss1-3. Then "English" and on not-too-frequent occasions "Government", to the Senior classes from Ss1-3.

I had my very first lesson with the Jss 3 on Monday; considering that I was taking over from a teacher who had started with them from Week One. The topic i treated was "Harmful Cultural Practices". We have "Female Genital Mutilation" as a subtopic; which was actually what I taught.
I took time to explain to the students what "Female Genital Mutilation" also known as "Female Circumcision" was all about. I explained the underlying reasons why the natives had to introduce it, what they had hoped to achieve and the resulting problems they created. In other to be better understood, I drew a mock diagram of a female anatomy on the blackboard. This was geared towards a proper understanding of the differences between Partial Circumcision (Scarification) and Complete Mutilation.

In the course of the lesson, the students exhibited some form of childish repulsions, which I attributed to the very nature of the subject-matter. On my part, I tried as much as possible to stick to the topic without cracking jokes or even laugh at jokes from them. Many even asked inquisitive and probing questions. I only answered those that I considered relevant to the issue of discuss. I left the class with some of the students still showing signs of repulsion.
My next lesson was with the Jss 1. The topic was "Marriage". I tested the class previous knowledge by asking them what they understand by the word "Marriage". A female student stood up to defined marriage as a "union between a man and a woman". I asked the entire class to clap for her, given her very bold attempt. But to their bewilderment, I told the class that she was wrong after they were done clapping. Some of them even protested; inquiring why I adjuged her to be wrong.

I told the class that her definition was wrong because it did not sufficiently capture the very essence of the concept as it applies to our contemporary times. I told them that marriage is rather "a legal union between two consenting adults", "....it could either be between two people of the same gender or two opposing genders".
At this point, I had their undivided attention. They were all hushed and concentrated. I told them about the LGBTQ community and their persistent struggle for acceptance.

I made them understand that is a global community with a global agenda. To drive home my point, I made them understand that the last dispensation of Goodluck Jonathan, had infact blamed this global phenomenon to be principally responsible for his failure at the polls as result of his refusal to give consent. I equally put in the same energy to explain the more common types of marriage (Christian, Islamic, Traditional, and Court). I left my class feeling every earned sense of fulfillment; having done my job to the best of my ability.

THE NEXT DAY.

I was in my office, when I got a message that the Director wants to see me. It was not my first time of receiving such a call from the Director. Staff meetings were almost becoming as frequent as one going to make use of the Convenience. Well... I took it like "Nwa it's nothing" ( in Phyno's voice). I stood up from my chair, adjusted my belt and then, swaggered away towards the Director's Office.

Before the office of the Director is the office of his secretary. The population of parents I saw there was quite more than what we normally receive on a daily bases. But considering that for the past week, we have been emphatic on the need for school fees debtors to come effect their payment, I didn't give their presence much thought. I was infact glad that at least, Madam will no longer hold us responsible for the poor response of parents to this obligation.

My indifference soon started giving way to some form of anxiety; more like fear, when I began to notice the "sea of eyes" looking my way with every step I took towards the Director's Office. As I got closer to the door, I discovered that the population in the Director's Office was even more that the spillover outside. I could feel the suppressed tension in the air. The faces were not bright or even welcoming to say the least. They did not appear to me like those who came to pay school fees.

I was able to excuse my way into the Secretary's Office. The Director motioned for me to come into his office at once, as soon as he saw me making my way in. He wasn't sitting on his chair. Standing with him as I was latter told is the School PTA chairman. A very respectable man judging by his outward disposition. He was an elderly man; infact the oldest among the lot.
As soon as the Director motioned me in, the crowd standing between me and the Director's Office just parted in two like the Red Sea to make way for me. I felt my heart sink into my stomach. My legs instantly felt heavy. But I had myself under strict comportment. My face were without emotions. Afterall, I was guilty of nothing (or so I thought).

As I walked into the office, the elder man (PTA chairman) was looking almost piercingly at me. As if sizing me up. My presence caught him in the middle of his address to the gathering.
My Director asked me to take a seat; which I did. I infact, sat at the edge of my seat, still wondering why I was the only teacher that was called to such a gathering of not-so-happy-looking parents. My Director (also an elderly Muslim man) sensing my apprehension, asked me to relax with what I considered to be a mischievous grim on his face. Well...I knew better than to do as instructed. I was on guard.

"About 15 months Sir" I replied as loud enough as my dried throat will permit me. "The first 12 months was at Jalingo and just 3 months in Zaria." i quickly added emphatically.

"Where were you born?"
"Lagos but I did my first degree in the East. My family is still based in Lagos"
"Are you Igbo?"
"Yes Sir"
"That's good" he said thoughtfully as he continued to gaze at me as if studying my disposition.
The others just continue to look as us without saying a word. A few of them (matured men) were occupying the few seats in the office. The rest (mostly the hijab wearing women and young fathers) were standing.
"Our Children came home to complain that you are teaching them bad things. That you are saying negative things that they don't like in class. What is it that you are teaching them?"
At this moment, I almost felt like bursting out in laughter. I had to pinch myself to remain composed.

Well...to cut the story short, I took time to explain to the parents what it was that I taught. The Director even sent for my textbooks without allowing me to go get them myself. I don't know if they were nursing the impression that I might escape. Funny them! Escape for what? Mtcheeeu!

When my textbooks came, it was confirmed that I had actually taught in accordance to the dictates of the textbook for the case of the Jss3. As for the Jss1, the topic was actually confirmed to be on marriage too, but the textbook (which was an old textbook of course) was silent on the issue of same sex marriage.

I was given a very strict warning to stick only to the content of the textbook. In the course of all of the admonishment, the PTA Chairman was smiling, but I knew better than to take the smiles for their face value. This people were dead serious!

I have since swore to myself, that I shall never try to "do pass myself". if I teach and you understand....fine! if you don't.... that's your cup of tea! I can't come and kill myself.
This was my experience! I felt compelled to write it down in order to help save someone somewhere from falling into my kind of situation. That is wasn't attacked by the parents is infact a miracle that I thank God and the respectable PTA chairman for. My intentions were pure. But here in the North, intentions can easily be misinterpreted especially when coming from a non-muslim and worst still, from a Nyamiri.
I personally think there is still a need for mass sensitisation of the Northerner on the usefulness of Western Education. The illiteracy rate is high. Those that even manage to go to school are just doing it with the impression that it is merely to fulfill all righteousness. Little wonder why we keep discovering "torture houses" on a daily bases. If the University community of Zaria could be this timid, how much more the Northern interiors.

Thank you.

You are a mischievous person. I would say you got away lightly though I blame the PTA for not making sure you were sanctioned as appropriate.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by target100: 5:44am On Oct 24, 2019
You are just a bad patriot, if it is against the Nigerian constitution then why are you bringing it into teaching then about LGBT? This is how you ferment trouble in place or are you gay ? What forms of marriages do we recognise in Nigeria? You are self delusional cos if your papa na guy you wouldn't even be an option to teach, nonsense
adekunle0000:

THE NEXT DAY.

"Where were you born?"
"Are you Igbo?"
"Yes Sir"

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by otokx(m): 5:55am On Oct 24, 2019
Hope Musa is at the gate seeing this?
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by tayebest(m): 5:59am On Oct 24, 2019
ArticleBeast:

No energy for idiots.. Keep walking

FOOOL, keep deceiving the weak minds!

oponu angry sad
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by BackToLife: 6:02am On Oct 24, 2019
finalboss:
imagine the guy even get mind to post am here
He's a Satanists. They masquerade as good people, finding all means to ram evil into the minds of innocent People. You can see that many gullible people here have been brainwashed by him already. They rape innocent children, boys as little as months old. There is a popular foreign Video of one of them in the Satanic act. Unless good People rise up to crush them, Children are no more safe.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Stricklybidness(m): 6:44am On Oct 24, 2019
ugonology:

Nice
Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Winking: 7:11am On Oct 24, 2019
OP na homo, period. You are doing that to know if any of the student will consent to your evil plan so after school or classes una go start una nonsense for one corner. You get luck say my people no dey that school or no be for Port Harcourt you try that nonsense even your so-called director(abi principal) will not save you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by LadySarah: 7:40am On Oct 24, 2019
He should even pray this thread wont be seen by one of the elites and fanatics of the north .

Watch your back from now on.ITK

1 Like

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Lee29: 7:45am On Oct 24, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Not paying taxes, doing scams and writing hate speech is also against Nigerian law. Which of those should you be jailed for ?

The tax I pay per month can feed your entire family!

Fagg0ts must be jailed

1 Like

Re: My Experience Teaching In Zaria by Menzy86(m): 7:52am On Oct 24, 2019
I probably would mention same sex marriage BUT would condemn it TOTALLY and clearly state the consequences in line with Nigerian law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2016/2017 OAU Predegree Admission / Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? / Kebbi School Has No New Mattresses Despite Receiving ₦5.6M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.