Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) (3458 Views)

Nigerian Gay Journalist, Chisom Peter, Goes Public With His Partner (Photos) / School Father Marries His School Daughter Years After They Met In Secondary. PIX / SHOCKER! Pregnant Girl Resurrects At Her Funeral In Warri - See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by GistTeller: 7:57am On Oct 23, 2019
A Chinese man has married his partner's corpse during her funeral to show his devotion to her after she died from breast cancer in China.

35-year-old Xu Shinan lost his wife Yang on October 14 at the age of 34 after her battle with cancer for five and a half years. The heart-broken groom, said he decided to marry his late fiancée's corpse to help her fulfill her dream of being a bride.

Xu's deceased partner of 12 years, Yang Liu, was dressed in a white bridal gown and surrounded by 169 bouquets pink roses when Xu read his wedding vows to her, according to a local report.

The ceremony took place on Saturday morning ( Oct.19) in the funeral parlour of Dalian in eastern China. It was attended by the families and friends of the couple.

Speaking on his wife's death, Xu said: 'My wife used to say that nobody was allowed to cry should she die. I was holding back my tears on the day, but when [her body] was sent for cremation, I couldn't fight it anymore.'

Xu and Yang who were university classmate, registered their marriage in August 2013, and started to prepare for their wedding.

But the wedding plans had to be put on hold three months later when Yang began to experience pain in her chest. In March 2014, she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Xu said Yang went through surgery and multiple rounds of chemotherapy, but she never cried and was always smiling, He added that she even documented her treatment through her account on Twitter-like Weibo, hoping to inspire other cancer patients.

In 2017, Yang's condition improved and the couple started to save money for a flat and prepare for their wedding again. Only for the cancer to return a year later before they could tie the knot.

'We went across the nation, seeking medical advice while travelling. It was a happy year after all,' Xu said.

In May 2019, Yang's health deteriorated and had to be hospitalised in Dalian for months before she was knocked into a coma on October 6 and pronounced dead a week later.

She couldn't even recognise me in the end and we didn't bid farewell,' the devastated man said.

He also disclosed that after Yang died, he discovered from her online shopping cart that she had been choosing wedding gowns before she was hospitalised.

'I promised to buy her the most beautiful wedding gown,' said Xu who went to a bridal store a day after her death to organise the wedding.

Speaking at the wedding-cum-funeral ceremony, an emotional Xu said: 'Although today's wedding is late, it has realised Yang Liu's dream.' He added: 'All that I can do is to fulfill your wish and letting you wear a wedding dress fulfills my wish.'

The groom broke down in tears after the speech.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/heart-broken-fiance-marries-his-partners-corpse-during-her-funeral-photos

Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by GistTeller: 7:57am On Oct 23, 2019

Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by GistTeller: 8:07am On Oct 23, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by greatmarshall(m): 8:10am On Oct 23, 2019
Na wa
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by marvelous000: 8:21am On Oct 23, 2019
this is why loyalty is better than love.

He is loyal to the end. a person proffesing love most promiscuously, would've called it quit in the wake of her death. he or she will say; after all, it is death do us partcheesy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by bunnae(f): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2019
Pretty lady. Kind of weird marrying her now. Based on the nature of her illness you should have married her before now. When you live with someone who has a terminal illness, you try to maximize every chance you get with them. At least her dream of being a bride would have been realized with her as an actual bride, and there would have been a smile on her face. Of what use is the marriage now? Just bury her and let her rest. Sorry she left without a goodbye. I know it hurts.

9 Likes

Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by bunnae(f): 8:32am On Oct 23, 2019
marvelous000:
this is why loyalty is better than love.

He is loyal to the end. a person proffesing love most promiscuously, would've could it quit in the wake of her death. he or she will say; after all is death do us partcheesy
Person marry corpse, you call am loyalty. It's crazy jare. He should be loyal in other ways please.
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 23, 2019
chenzen is gutted

Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Onyi22(f): 8:42am On Oct 23, 2019
It's can't happened in Nigeria
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by marvelous000: 8:51am On Oct 23, 2019
bunnae:

Person marry corpse, you call am loyalty. It's crazy jare. He should be loyal in other ways please.
Nah! he is just fulfilling her dream and desire, regardless of the circumstance and her condition(that is where loyalty comes in).
you're not privy of the setbacks that impinged his ability to marry her. so, stop being prejudicial. BTW, didn't you see where it was stated that she was in coma. isn't her being in coma tantamount to her being dead as regards consciousness.

You never know if he was waiting for her to regain consciousness to make the marriage more worthwhile, before her demise.

Conversely, it will be obscene and crass to subject her to the rigmarole of marriage in her death throes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 23, 2019
Beautiful in an extremely sad way.
RIP to the pretty lady though.

1 Like

Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Kendumazy(m): 11:42am On Oct 23, 2019
Mheen! The guy is pained. The last picture says it all. Really sorry for him.
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Lamanii22(f): 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
Loyalty is indeed greater than love...

1 Like

Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
Loyalty, when a man or woman is loyal to you, it means you have it all; love, trust, friendship, name it, you have it all,

What a sad tale, I pray he heals cry

2 Likes

Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Biglittlelois(f): 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Loyalty, when a man or woman is loyal to you, it means you have it all; love, trust, friendship, name it, you have it all,

What a sad tale, I pray he heals cry

1 Like

Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Yes to loyalty and love.

No to marrying a corpse... That's bizarre!

The living have nothing in common with the dead. You have only succeeded in tying her spirit down here. You thought you were fulfilling her dream rather she had become a prisoner of that dream.

There are better ways to have kept her memory alive. What happens when you find another living lady and decide to move on? Then the real horror movie begins, the 'corpse bride' has every right with you still no matter what.

She couldn't even recognise you in the end, so what was the point? This is plain sad...

Goodluck to you sir.
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Pepperoniq(m): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
What a love story.
Typical Naija man go run away.
Chai
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by wiseone28: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
[s]
Pepperoniq:
What a love story.
Typical Naija man go run away.
Chai
[/s] Typical Naija lady will not even stand with you while on sick bed
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Clinghton: 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
After the marriage he would still cheat
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by PapiGentle(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
What is the point of the marriage when the marriage vow says "till death do we path".

Death paths a marriage, so how can there be a marriage at death and what will be the vow?
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
This is a one-of-a-kind, out-of-this-world love and loyalty.
It's obvious he showed her the same love and loyalty when she was alive.

Although it's not going to be an easy process, I pray he finds
the healing he needs to face reality and move on w| his life.
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:07pm On Oct 23, 2019
They will have money for plastic surgery but be looking for money to rent flat\wedding

It's well

RIP
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Joystark(f): 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Damn!

Think I just shed a tear embarassed
Re: Heart-broken Fiance Marries His Partner's Corpse During Her Funeral (photos) by Gosj01(m): 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
More like Romeo and Juliet.

I sell cheap and super neat laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on signature.

(1) (Reply)

My Attempted Rape Experience And Why I Think All Rapists Are Mentally Sick / Any Hope On This My Lady!!! / Do You Want To Marry Me Or Sleep With Me And Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.