Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking (31791 Views)

'If My Wife Does Everything I Tell Her To Do, Then She's My Child, Not My Wife' / She Ran And Left Me With Our 1-Year-Old Child / My 18-Year-Old Maid And Her Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Bbbwings: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
kmcutez:
Sometimes the vaccines given to them affects their brains/bodies.
Are you being serious or being mischievous
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Bbbwings: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
kmcutez:
TSpayne:

Yes my friend.
Let's hope you are wrong though.
The Measles mumps rubella vaccine normally given at 12 months has been implicated by some researchers to trigger autism spectrum disorder.

In Europe it's given even earlier.

I pray with the OP that the little one begins normal speech soon
In the meantime, other steps can be taken to stimulate his brain to make him talk. Enrollment in a crèche with other children is a great decision .
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Gben5: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
Don't b fraid there's nothing wrong with him he will we b fine...its just that children grows in ddifferent pace
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by mojysiola(f): 10:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
kmcutez:
Listen to yourself.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
Bbbwings:

Very serious. There is a lady that was interviewed regarding this same issue. All her children, three of them, developed autism after being vaccinated. I can’t remember the news channel that aired it.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by TSpayne: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
Bbbwings:

The Autism/MMR controversy has caused a lot of squabbles in the medical and pharmaceutical sector.
It's a worldwide health debate.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
mojysiola:

Listen to yourself.

How do you mean? Have you bothered to find out the ingredients that are in the vaccines?
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by IamCharles123: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
Cumtroller:
Take the Child for a Cognitive Function Test.

Hard as this statement might sound, your child may be mentally retarded. Possibly Down's syndrome

While you might be right, i don't quite agree with you, because i started talking very late according to my mom, while i was 3 to 4 yrs my words were still not clear.
Turns out am abit anti-social and quiet person but i can be funny n loud when i want to be.
am all good, was even among the top student in my class.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Cumtroller: 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
IamCharles123:

And am all good, was even among the top student in my class.

Top Student indeed.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Delonn(m): 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
That child ought to be in school already. There, it will be easier, because other children are there to play and communicate with. But, a 18 months old child should be able to say something already, even though not clear words.
But you don't have anything to worry about, just yet.
Oooops:
Hello Guys,

Kindly assist. I have an 18months old child (1year 6months) but he is yet to talk.

He only makes sounds and gesticulates. He also hum when baby sings are being played or atleast tries to blab along but that’s all.

He has not said any real thing like daddy or mummy or anything at all.

I have met children who are not up to 1yr or even 1yr and some months already talking. This is getting me worried. Should I be worried

Parents pls I need your opinion on what I should do.

Mods kindly assist for broader suggestions. Beginning to get desperate.

Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by zombader(m): 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
His hearing might not be that perfect. Take him to the clinic so as to have a scan of his ear
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by IamCharles123: 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2019
Cumtroller:

Top Student indeed.
I guess u never made mistake when typing. Mr perfect.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by midnighter(f): 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
TSpayne:

Yes my friend.
Let's hope you are wrong though.
The Measles mumps rubella vaccine normally given at 12 months has been implicated by some researchers to trigger autism spectrum disorder.

In Europe it's given even earlier.

The person who started (and falsified) that research was disgraced and stripped of his medical credentials almost 10 years ago!

It has side effects and it affects some children badly but theres no evidence yet for a link

This rumour is what the Russians are using to undermine public health and epidemiology in the western world, now UK has lost its measles-free status because everybody there is panicking
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Bbbwings: 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
TSpayne:

The Autism/MMR controversy has caused a lot of squabbles in the medical and pharmaceutical sector.
It's a worldwide health debate.
Vaccine saves lives
There is no debate
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by omamokta: 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
[quote author=Oooops post=83397374]
He has started school. Pre-nursery precisely!!![/quote
Don’t get bothered, he’s a guy, guys take time to talk, especially when they don’t have elder siblings. Is a trait of a man.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by omamokta: 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
Oooops:

He has started school. Pre-nursery precisely!!!
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Bbbwings: 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
kmcutez:

Very serious. There is a lady that was interviewed regarding this same issue. All her children, three of them, developed autism after being vaccinated. I can’t remember the news channel that aired it.
Stop listening to conspiracy theories.
Vaccines save lives.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Nickshrapnel: 10:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
May you come back here to tell us that your baby is hyperactive and talks too much

1 Like

Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by dnawah(m): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2019
Oooops:
Hello Guys,

Kindly assist. I have an 18months old child (1year 6months) but he is yet to talk.

He only makes sounds and gesticulates. He also hum when baby sings are being played or atleast tries to blab along but that’s all.

I have met children who are not up to 1yr or even 1yr and some months already talking. This is getting me worried. Should I be worried

cool down,he will talk.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
They usually become parrots
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by dnawah(m): 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2019
Oooops:
Hello Guys,

cool down,he will talk.my daughter started talking too early.but now we have to beg her to keep quiet.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by charlesELIKIBA: 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2019
Oooops:
Hello Guys,

Young lad is protesting, i think u stopped the breast milk too early. The male child loves breast... give him breast to clear that his throat.

On another note, follow the child up. Such kids are usually geniuses or badboys.

Shalom
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2019
Bbbwings:

Stop listening to conspiracy theories.
Vaccines save lives.

Conspiracy theories??
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by lavendae(m): 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
Bonatheripper:
Maybe he's not a talkative or there's nothing to talk about
Bros you funny die

1 Like

Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Unrated900(m): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
Don’t get worried

Your child is just a slow learner

Nothing is wrong with your child continue to give him some
Essential minerals to Aid the growth

Even some child gets scared to walk at first later they can walk From Lagos to Benin

1 Like

Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
zeb04:
Is he in day care? Since i sent my child to daycare,10months old) all she does is say dada, mama and blabs away.
very true, daycare helps a lot. My son of 20months old read state and capital and 1-50...thanks to daycare

1 Like

Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Kripsy: 11:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
You need to take your child to see a pediatrician for further examination to rule out any fears.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Natudu: 11:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
You most likely have nothing to worry about. Mine did about 24 months without talking. She picked up real good afterwards. Need I say she now tops her primary 6 class. They just don’t follow same growth and development pattern. Relax and expose her to visuals and other talking kids.
Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by delishpot: 11:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
Don't fret. My child talked at age 3yrs.I k ow another that talked at that age too. When they start talking, you will plug your ears with cotton wool. This types of kids can talk

1 Like

Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by ume(m): 11:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
Oooops:
Hello Guys,

is a problem please that's what everyon e said until my son got to. 5yrs without talking

2 Likes

Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Okwyjesus(m): 1:53am On Oct 24, 2019
Cumtroller:
Take the Child for a Cognitive Function Test.

Hard as this statement might sound, your child may be mentally retarded. Possibly Down's syndrome

Mentally slow may be correct. Down Syndrome is a no no.

Boys delays in speech learning process except the very smart ones.
No need to worry Ma. My neighbour's kid is almost the same but he was okay.

1 Like

Re: My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 24, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Signs Of An Irresponsible Man / 24 Things A Mum Teaches Her Daughter Before Marriage!! / 4-year-old South African Girl Destroys The Dance Floor, Trends Online. Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.