Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department (21065 Views)

Can You Guess The Department? / Class Of .94 Pharmacy Uniben Gives Back To The Department 25years Later. / Meet The Overall Best Graduating Student In The Department Of Nursing Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by femi4: 5:40am On Oct 24, 2019
deltateam:
This is insane. I must say if true. This has to stop. Op I hope you didn't insult the lecturer in any way?
Even if he insult the lecturer, wiping out his record from the school wasn't the right punishment

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Came4amod: 5:40am On Oct 24, 2019
BarrElChapo:
OP pls if you can articulate all your facts and evidence right pls head straight to Twitter that's your best bet for it to go viral and heat up that school and department.. Goodluck
Mr tweeter..�

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 5:58am On Oct 24, 2019
Alvin212:
I get

Sniper
Incase you want to commit
Ori ee ti buru!

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by deltateam: 6:03am On Oct 24, 2019
femi4:
Even if he insult the lecturer, wiping out his record from the school wasn't the right punishment

I didn't say it was. Just wondering if he went overboard.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Lukgaf(m): 6:23am On Oct 24, 2019
shogsman:
Na oversabi kill you,as a human being you ought to adapt to any situation you find yourself,your supervisor asked for money you said no because you think you’re brilliant and can earn good grades without greasing palms.now you have yourself to blame,the only solution is to go and beg that supervisor and see how it goes from there,seems your result were tampered with by someone in the department.

You are disgrace to Nigerian youth with this your comment.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by TGM2015: 7:15am On Oct 24, 2019
Anonymous19:
Good afternoon, everyone.

I'm facing a challenge that I've been racking my brain to find a solution, but I still don't know what to do. I will be happy to get some help here.

I got admission into a Federal Polytechnic in 2014, and started the programme with so much excitement. I was told that the school was tough for students, especially for those in my department, so I was ready for whatever would come my way.

During the 2-year degree, I put in efforts and was one of the best students in the department. Most of the lecturers knew me as one that always scored high marks in their tests and departments. It's important I state this.

The problem came during my final semester when my project supervisor started making demands for financial settlement. I was very low on cash that period and didn't even want to give it cos I felt I could get a decent result with my efforts, so I confided in a lecturer friend who took it upon himself to talk to his fellow lecturer.

When he approached my supervisor on a one-to-one basis, my supervisor flared up, denying ever making such a request. He eventually declined to be my supervisor, and reported the matter to the HOD.

Now, the thing is, my HOD came from the same region as that my supervisor and that already made things difficult because of the sentiments. I was summoned and made to apologise to the supervisor. It took a lot of begging to get him to be my supervisor again as the HOD refused transferring me to any other lecturer for supervision. It was either that lecturer or no one else.

I finally did all that had to be done and left school, awaiting my final results. When it was released, that lecturer gave me Ds in his two courses and gave me D in project. Most of my classmates couldn't believe it cos I usually topped the class. Even though I would have hit distinction if I was given the grades I deserved, my final CGPA when it was checked was 3.29.

Now, here is the issue. I've been trying to collect my result so I can further my education but all efforts have proved abortive. The first shocker is that my result suddenly could not be found in the department. That was strange because the implication there is that I never graduated.

Someone decided to help me check from the Polytechnic's Admin complex and my result was also no where to be found. It means my result was never transmitted to the Exam and Records office from my department.

Now, I'm getting asked if I ever attended school. All indicators keep pointing to that lecturer and the HOD as thos behind my ordeal. I'm even shocked at how far people can go to ruin other people just because they wouldn't bend to their desires. That's two years of my life that's about to be wiped off!!!

I need advice on what to do. Some people are asking that I should let it go but I have decided to fight this matter from all possible fronts. Funny thing now is that, I'm about to forfeit an admission I got this year because I can't get my ND results. I need help, please.

Modified: Mod, I could do with as many suggestions as possible. Thanks
Did you have a signed copy of your project?
Can you get copies of pasted results?
You suppose to still have your ID cards...
Report to your Student Affairs, if nothing is done within 3 months, go to Abuja and submit your petition to House of Representatives or Senate. You have a very good chances now that sex for grade is trending.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by TGM2015: 7:34am On Oct 24, 2019
Anonymous19:

Thank you for your response.

I have all those documents with me as we speak. What do you suggest I do?
You can also reach out to your friend that may have copy of pasted/release results or get someone in academic/results dept to get photocopies of your results. There is no way exams and records will not have from year 1. Before you start any writing, petition or reports, make sure you are equipped with those documents.
Also, if you are sure that you sign attendance sheets for all your exams, refers to it in your letters. They may be smart to remove the page you sign, insist that the attendance should be checked against the number of released results. Declare you can not trust those who remove all your information not to remove the page you sign in the attendance sheets.
No matter what, the exams and records you have some of your released results where your matric number is included.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by SadoGirls: 7:36am On Oct 24, 2019
Some people are only alive because murder is illegal
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Mires: 7:51am On Oct 24, 2019
shogsman:

you're naive and ignorant,both the supervisor and the head of department have it in for him,there is something called cabal in this institutions,he's fvcked until those people decided to let him off the hook,even if he goes through the channels you guys gave him,it will take him eternity,and if you think a departmental president will make a difference then you're even more ignorant than than i thought.
you were just lucky in school or you went to a private school,if you finished from the same institution i finished from ,it doesnt matter how brilliant you are,you are fvcked if you dont pay a
if this still sound like news to you its either you don't live in this country or you're just an hypocrite.

One of the bad eggs in Nigerian has shown himself. You are rather the one who's not only naive, ignorant but also a social problem. I am much informed than you in all ramifications. You have just exhibited your stupidity by making reference to a departmental president who's a student and under the authority of the said lecturer and HOD.

In the same vein, for your record, I wasn't lucky. I worked hard and earned desirable grade in all the courses I took from my BSc to PhD. Lest I forget to educate you given your stupidity that I went through private Universities, keep deceiving yourself possibly because you went through a mushroom or Agbowo University or Polytechnic. I am a product of two notable and prestigious Universities in Nigeria - University of Nigeria and University of Ibadan.

People like you are the bane of our society.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by BarrElChapo(m): 8:38am On Oct 24, 2019
Came4amod:

Mr tweeter..�

Sir ! smiley

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by unibenakpos(m): 10:48am On Oct 24, 2019
Just focus on getting a jamb form and keep pushing...its no easy to fight school authorities except you have people in places of power
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Ugogabriel(m): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2019
Look for a lawyer to write a letter of complaint with attached documents to prove your case to the school management which should be copied to the faculty and Dept as well. Give them some time but if the didn't respond positively let your laywer write a demand notice to the same channels giving them some months or face legal action with media coverage. They will sit up
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Santinho: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
Op I can imagine what your are passing through because I experienced a similar thing in 2014 after my ND program.
My case was a little different because I got series of calls from friends and Class representative who couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the result's posted on the department Board because I was already in Lagos doing my IT.
Firstly, you need to be strong and use all available means to pull through.
Meet your Dean, Rector other HODs and Senior Lecturers if you know any.
Also, meet any lawyer friend if you have one to serve them a paper copying the lecturer, HOD and the school management,
In addition, as others have rightly pointed out, Go to social media and tag those influencers.
Modified: It's gonna be very tough but you need to be strong and smart using every available legal means. And make sure you have all your documents with you.
Best wishes from a Victim.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by arrestdarrester: 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
What has this country become? Who did this to us?

Only recently I learned a lecturer's PhD supervisor was still holding him after 9 years simply because he refused to pay off his supervisor. I asked the person gisting me what pay off meant and he said "siddon there dey ask". This means its the norm now.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by arrestdarrester: 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2019
Go to exams and records and gather all foreseeable evidences you might need before you start this roforofo fight. May God help you and disgrace those lecturers. Apply the spiritual too
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by SalafRider(m): 4:11pm On Oct 24, 2019
Anonymous19:

I attended Federal Polytechnic Bida, Niger State.
Bida my school that year, e hot as pepper, lecturers wicked pass devil himself
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Observer007(m): 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
elshz:
There is usually an attendance sheet for every exam written, they should bring it out, if your matriculation number is in every one of those sheets that means you sat for all you exams and the department has a lot of questions to answer. You can start by using social media, upload a scan copy of your ID card, school fees receipts, some necessary documents and include this write up. Push it on Facebook, WhatsApp and twitter. You may get help from there. Thanks!

@Op... Don't forget at the beginning of every semester most schools have a COURSE REGISTRATION FORM every student must complete and submit. You ought to have your own acknowledgement or student copy.

Take that, along with all payment receipts, and all other relevant documents that bear the name of the polytechnic, and post for the whole world to see.

There's nothing private about this, at this stage. You have nothing more to lose.

Heck! This might be your breakthrough opportunity staring at you. You're likely on your way to becoming really popular...and achieving your aim along the way.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Juliearth(f): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
Shoodboi:
Social media is the court of the common man in Nigeria.

Take your facts to Twitter and tag people like Segalink, Ruggedman and other activists.

Make sure your include the name of your school, the department, the lecturer and the HOD.

Include their photos if you can get them too.

If you want, you could come back here on Nairaland and inform us so we can help you retweet and comment.

I'll need to give you this very crucial warning if you're taking this option:

Reveal every information I typed up there without holding anything back.

At this moment, you have nothing to lose since you've lost already and are still losing. So, you'll be on your own if you hold anything back.

If they didn't pity you or consider your future while they took those steps, you shouldn't think about theirs or pity them too.

Take this advise, op. Leave no stone unturned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rejection Letter From Harvard University To An Intending Student (Photo) / Need Info On Unizik Direct Entry Exam. / Edo Primary School Teachers Reject Resumption Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.