Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department (21056 Views)

Can You Guess The Department? / Class Of .94 Pharmacy Uniben Gives Back To The Department 25years Later. / Meet The Overall Best Graduating Student In The Department Of Nursing Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by edoairways: 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
Shoodboi:
Social media is the court of the common man in Nigeria.

Take your facts to Twitter and tag people like Segalink, Ruggedman and other activists.

Make sure your include the name of your school, the department, the lecturer and the HOD.

Include their photos if you can get them too.

If you want, you could come back here on Nairaland and inform us so we can help you retweet and comment.

I'll need to give you this very crucial warning if you're taking this option:

Reveal every information I typed up there without holding anything back.

At this moment, you have nothing to lose since you've lost already and are still losing. So, you'll be on your own if you hold anything back.

If they didn't pity you or consider your future while they took those steps, you shouldn't think about theirs or pity them too.
Why can't Nairaland draw attention of the media?
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by thundafire: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Mumu
because u will remain like dat for life
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Anonymous19: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
Profeme:
Op, My advice to you is for you to go to your department to get the true state of affairs with regard to your result. It is not possible that you result will "suddenly" disappear into thin air.

If I may ask " how did you know that you had 2 D's from the courses taught by your Supervisor and D in your project with an overall CGPA of 3.26"? The answer to this question may help us to give you better advice to help resolve the issue.

Make efforts to resolve the issue internally before rushing to Twitter for assistance.

I had a lecturer check for my friend and I as soon as the results were released in 2016. I still have my friend's result and it has never changed... So why did mine disappear?
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by CaptainMitch: 10:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
I no dey like people wey dey use Church block their common sense, try and change bro, for your own good.
thundafire:
because u will remain like dat for life
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by cooltola(m): 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Mumu
No need for insults. Everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter how you disagree. Prayers work and I can testify I was in a worse situation so I know what I am saying.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
edoairways:

Why can't Nairaland draw attention of the media?

Nairaland did until a few years ago. Then, even Linda Ikeji used to copy posts from the front page here to repost on her blog.

Now, the reverse is the case.

There're many reasons for this.

One is the fact that Nairaland has refused to upgrade. The commenting process alone is cumbersome.

But the bigger reason has to do with the demise of the intellectuals, who have fled to Twitter, no thanks to the nonsense tribalistic and low quality comments that always make front-page, especially on political topics.

Until a few years ago (pre 2012), the Politics sub-forum contained the brightest minds in this forum.

Today, it contains the dumbest.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Jacksparrow2019: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
I had a minor issue like this as a student.......
BT mine was at exams and record where my file was misplaced......
BT thank God he made a way....
My advice... If u have u academic credentials, go to d student affairs department in ur school admin and report it to them......
They will take it up....
Or write to the registrar explain things to him in the later.... Attach ur contact..
There is always a way out.... Because before d department submits names to d Exams. And. Record and they gather d names of there student....
Another thing..... If ur school upload ur names in its result checking portal, print all ur results... Its an evidence that u were a member of DAT department....
BT if am to choose.... Try d student affairs route
Good luck
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Lantern042: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
Anonymous19:

Are you sure the lawsuit won't be a time eater? I just want to get the result in earnest as soon as possible
If You are resident in Abuja, I would advice you to visit human right radio and lay ur complain on the program call brekete family. I bet you within one week whoever that is responsible for ur missing result would provide it Asap.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by CaptainMitch: 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ok
cooltola:

No need for insults. Everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter how you disagree. Prayers work and I can testify I was in a worse situation so I know what I am saying.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by edoairways: 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
Shoodboi:

Nairaland did until a few years ago. Then, even Linda Ikeji used to copy posts from the front page here to repost on her blog.

Now, the reverse is the case.

There're many reasons for this.

One is the fact that Nairaland has refused to upgrade. The commenting process alone is cumbersome.

But the bigger reason has to do with the demise of the intellectuals, who have fled to Twitter, no thanks to the nonsense tribalistic and low quality comments that always make front-page, especially on political topics.

Until a few years ago (pre 2012), the Politics sub-forum contained the brightest minds in this forum.

Today, it contains the dumbest.
Thanks for your response
Ref:Seun are you reading this? Why the sudden silence.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
The only solution is to sue your HOD who is representing your department to court but before you do that , find all the necessary documents you used for securing your admission such as your O level results , Admission letter , all payment receipts, school fees , faculty dues, departmental dues. After making sure all of these are in place , write an official letter to your HOD requesting for your results , keep a copy and submit one to him . Make sure you state all facts and questions as to why your results can't be found . Go to his office everyday for a response at least for a week , if nothing comes out of it, write another official letter to the Dean of your faculty and attach the letter you wrote to your HOD and keep a copy of both . Go to the deans office everyday until something good comes out of it , if it doesn't , write to the VC and attach both letters of the Dean and the HOD.

If the VC chancellor does not act on it , then you've hit big time ! You sue the department , faculty and the university!!! The VC will descend on the Dean and the Dean will descend on the HOD and before the court procedure would even start, your results would be ready !!!!

I'm telling you out of experience . Why you must write these letters is to have a substantial case and to prove that you went through the right channels but they chose to ignore their responsibilities.

Start with the HOD first , he must minute on it and stamp it for immediate action whether he is involved or not .
Make sure you always keep a copy of all the letters and possibly buy a secret eye glass camera that records audio and video conversations as well or you buy the button one. It's about 12k from Jumia so they won't deny anything .

Good luck !

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by greatlinda(f): 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2019
If I can come to human right radio station to lay your complain u will get a positive answer.....its in abuja
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Amuzfat(m): 10:40pm On Oct 23, 2019
I'm an indigien of Bida local gov't. send me a text via this line: 08037592064. I might be of help
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Codyt(m): 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
shogsman:
Na oversabi kill you,as a human being you ought to adapt to any situation you find yourself,your supervisor asked for money you said no because you think you’re brilliant and can earn good grades without greasing palms.now you have yourself to blame,the only solution is to go and beg that supervisor and see how it goes from there,seems your result were tampered with by someone in the department.
Common sense has eluded you seriously
Was asking him money by his supervisor a good practice? As if they don't pay them salaries.
Instead of you to give suggestions that may help solve the problem, you're here berating his brilliance. You're not okay angry

OP don't beg any lecturer. As advised by people here take this to Twitter. Who knows your story may attract people who may help bring judgments on anyone responsible for your missing results.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by ezewealth(m): 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
If u want your problem be solved fast. Carry the complaint and come to human right radio, abuja. And aee how the problem will be solved
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Morrison91(m): 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2019
Shoodboi:
Social media is the court of the common man in Nigeria.

Take your facts to Twitter and tag people like Segalink, Ruggedman and other activists.

Make sure your include the name of your school, the department, the lecturer and the HOD.

Include their photos if you can get them too.

If you want, you could come back here on Nairaland and inform us so we can help you retweet and comment.

I'll need to give you this very crucial warning if you're taking this option:

Reveal every information I typed up there without holding anything back.

At this moment, you have nothing to lose since you've lost already and are still losing. So, you'll be on your own if you hold anything back.

If they didn't pity you or consider your future while they took those steps, you shouldn't think about theirs or pity them too.

I Second this idea..
This is one of the best option.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by manbello(m): 11:02pm On Oct 23, 2019
Anonymous19:

I attended Federal Polytechnic Bida, Niger State.
Which department are you, iam from Bida and also did my HND there
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by shogsman(m): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
Mires:

My friend, there's no rationality in the poo that you spit out. As an academic, I can authoritative tell you that all through my level of education to PhD, I have never given any lecturer a dime. And none have ever asked me. In the midst of that, my PhD supervisor "spoilt" me with hundreds of thousands of naira.

Let me shock you a little. There was a time I was looking for lectureship position. Two good friends of mine called and told me to do what they termed the "needful" to be employed at IMSU and two Federal universities. My respond to them was if I have never given any lecturer N1 to passed a course, why should I pay as much as N1 million to stand before students? What's the dignity? Who's to pay for the money? I don't subscribed to it in as much as I wouldn't want to push the burden to the end users (students).

For your record, the student acted accordingly. And like I said, let Ordinary president be notify of his case, you will see table falling down in Fed Poly,
Bida.

you're naive and ignorant,both the supervisor and the head of department have it in for him,there is something called cabal in this institutions,he's fvcked until those people decided to let him off the hook,even if he goes through the channels you guys gave him,it will take him eternity,and if you think a departmental president will make a difference then you're even more ignorant than than i thought.
you were just lucky in school or you went to a private school,if you finished from the same institution i finished from ,it doesnt matter how brilliant you are,you are fvcked if you dont pay a
if this still sound like news to you its either you don't live in this country or you're just an hypocrite.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by shogsman(m): 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
Codyt:

Common sense has eluded you seriously
Was asking him money by his supervisor a good practice? As if they don't pay them salaries.
Instead of you to give suggestions that may help solve the problem, you're here berating his brilliance. You're not okay angry

OP don't beg any lecturer. As advised by people here take this to Twitter. Who knows your story may attract people who may help bring judgments on anyone responsible for your missing results.

Are you people just deliberately stupid or what ,he’s lacking behind and facing academic turmoils and you’re saying shit about his brilliance,egbon se ode niyin no.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by atapheeda(m): 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
Pls, kindly report the issue to the school management, such Register, Academic Secretary or The Rector 1st before taking any further action.

Thanks

Anonymous19:
Good afternoon, everyone.

I'm facing a challenge that I've been racking my brain to find a solution, but I still don't know what to do. I will be happy to get some help here.

I got admission into a Federal Polytechnic in 2014, and started the programme with so much excitement. I was told that the school was tough for students, especially for those in my department, so I was ready for whatever would come my way.

During the 2-year degree, I put in efforts and was one of the best students in the department. Most of the lecturers knew me as one that always scored high marks in their tests and departments. It's important I state this.

The problem came during my final semester when my project supervisor started making demands for financial settlement. I was very low on cash that period and didn't even want to give it cos I felt I could get a decent result with my efforts, so I confided in a lecturer friend who took it upon himself to talk to his fellow lecturer.

When he approached my supervisor on a one-to-one basis, my supervisor flared up, denying ever making such a request. He eventually declined to be my supervisor, and reported the matter to the HOD.

Now, the thing is, my HOD came from the same region as that my supervisor and that already made things difficult because of the sentiments. I was summoned and made to apologise to the supervisor. It took a lot of begging to get him to be my supervisor again as the HOD refused transferring me to any other lecturer for supervision. It was either that lecturer or no one else.

I finally did all that had to be done and left school, awaiting my final results. When it was released, that lecturer gave me Ds in his two courses and gave me D in project. Most of my classmates couldn't believe it cos I usually topped the class. Even though I would have hit distinction if I was given the grades I deserved, my final CGPA when it was checked was 3.29.

Now, here is the issue. I've been trying to collect my result so I can further my education but all efforts have proved abortive. The first shocker is that my result suddenly could not be found in the department. That was strange because the implication there is that I never graduated.

Someone decided to help me check from the Polytechnic's Admin complex and my result was also no where to be found. It means my result was never transmitted to the Exam and Records office from my department.

Now, I'm getting asked if I ever attended school. All indicators keep pointing to that lecturer and the HOD as thos behind my ordeal. I'm even shocked at how far people can go to ruin other people just because they wouldn't bend to their desires. That's two years of my life that's about to be wiped off!!!

I need advice on what to do. Some people are asking that I should let it go but I have decided to fight this matter from all possible fronts. Funny thing now is that, I'm about to forfeit an admission I got this year because I can't get my ND results. I need help, please.

Modified: Mod, I could do with as many suggestions as possible. Thanks
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by quickberry2(m): 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2019
Anonymous19:
Good afternoon, everyone.

I'm facing a challenge that I've been racking my brain to find a solution, but I still don't know what to do. I will be happy to get some help here.

I got admission into a Federal Polytechnic in 2014, and started the programme with so much excitement. I was told that the school was tough for students, especially for those in my department, so I was ready for whatever would come my way.

During the 2-year degree, I put in efforts and was one of the best students in the department. Most of the lecturers knew me as one that always scored high marks in their tests and departments. It's important I state this.

The problem came during my final semester when my project supervisor started making demands for financial settlement. I was very low on cash that period and didn't even want to give it cos I felt I could get a decent result with my efforts, so I confided in a lecturer friend who took it upon himself to talk to his fellow lecturer.

When he approached my supervisor on a one-to-one basis, my supervisor flared up, denying ever making such a request. He eventually declined to be my supervisor, and reported the matter to the HOD.

Now, the thing is, my HOD came from the same region as that my supervisor and that already made things difficult because of the sentiments. I was summoned and made to apologise to the supervisor. It took a lot of begging to get him to be my supervisor again as the HOD refused transferring me to any other lecturer for supervision. It was either that lecturer or no one else.

I finally did all that had to be done and left school, awaiting my final results. When it was released, that lecturer gave me Ds in his two courses and gave me D in project. Most of my classmates couldn't believe it cos I usually topped the class. Even though I would have hit distinction if I was given the grades I deserved, my final CGPA when it was checked was 3.29.

Now, here is the issue. I've been trying to collect my result so I can further my education but all efforts have proved abortive. The first shocker is that my result suddenly could not be found in the department. That was strange because the implication there is that I never graduated.

Someone decided to help me check from the Polytechnic's Admin complex and my result was also no where to be found. It means my result was never transmitted to the Exam and Records office from my department.

Now, I'm getting asked if I ever attended school. All indicators keep pointing to that lecturer and the HOD as thos behind my ordeal. I'm even shocked at how far people can go to ruin other people just because they wouldn't bend to their desires. That's two years of my life that's about to be wiped off!!!

I need advice on what to do. Some people are asking that I should let it go but I have decided to fight this matter from all possible fronts. Funny thing now is that, I'm about to forfeit an admission I got this year because I can't get my ND results. I need help, please.

Modified: Mod, I could do with as many suggestions as possible. Thanks

Post this on twitter, tag the vice president, minister of education and all those that matter(i.e human rights activists)

Post the name of the school, department and names of your supervisor and H.O.D

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by bossrillboss: 11:58pm On Oct 23, 2019
op hope no b nupe man sha,dos pple can b wicked nd very stupid.btwn they r very fetish.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 24, 2019
bremo:
What's the name of the Polythechnic you attended?
If you have your admission letter and notification of result given after your final exam or any other documents to prove your admission and receipt for your school fees paid during the period, its a good one to start with.
Some of these lecturers are frustrated already and they don't want any other to progress. Some of them are in the habit of selling good results out to highest bidder for financial gain. Engage a very good lawyer that will sue them as long as you have your proof that yoiu were given admission and finished from same.
I wish people will frown at this as much as sex for marks,my sis also had an issue with a lecturer demanding for an outrageous sum of money....

Op,you may hate my advise but I'd rather leave the result, that result ain't yours, the 3.29 wasn't your result but what they chose to give you,don't accept it....circulate this on social media, tag ministry of education, ASUU etc...
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Nobally: 1:48am On Oct 24, 2019
shogsman:
Na oversabi kill you,as a human being you ought to adapt to any situation you find yourself,your supervisor asked for money you said no because you think you’re brilliant and can earn good grades without greasing palms.now you have yourself to blame,the only solution is to go and beg that supervisor and see how it goes from there,seems your result were tampered with by someone in the department.
It's people like you that encourage corruption in our educational system. Just hear yourself
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Nobally: 1:56am On Oct 24, 2019
shogsman:

you're naive and ignorant,both the supervisor and the head of department have it in for him,there is something called cabal in this institutions,he's fvcked until those people decided to let him off the hook,even if he goes through the channels you guys gave him,it will take him eternity,and if you think a departmental president will make a difference then you're even more ignorant than than i thought.
you were just lucky in school or you went to a private school,if you finished from the same institution i finished from ,it doesnt matter how brilliant you are,you are fvcked if you dont pay a
if this still sound like news to you its either you don't live in this country or you're just an hypocrite.

Had similar experience with Uniben.....after many pleading and begging the result appeared back. The whole saga nah say I didn't drop because genuinely wasn't having money. Then my major crime was I told another student not to grease palm and the lecturer somehow got to know. Hoping someday the evil happening in Physical Sciences will be exposed.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Nobally: 2:00am On Oct 24, 2019
capitalzero:
Get your all your documents ready up till last semester
Write to department head and keep your copy
Aftèr a week, write rector and keep your copy
After a week, contact a lawyer or social media influencers
Except he doesn't want his result then this route is okay, seems you don't understand the rotten state of our tiatiary institutions. This approach will only escalate matter further.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by ucheemmadu18(m): 2:10am On Oct 24, 2019
what department did you finish from?
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by vizboy(m): 3:14am On Oct 24, 2019
Kindly take your Admission letter and school fees Teller you paid. To the admission office and your department.. Your result can't just go missing. If that doesn't work, write a letter to the rector of the school and CC both the admissions office and your department HOD.. And they will be called in for questioning..
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by DeRay98(m): 4:50am On Oct 24, 2019
bremo:
What's the name of the Polythechnic you attended?
If you have your admission letter and notification of result given after your final exam or any other documents to prove your admission and receipt for your school fees paid during the period, its a good one to start with.
Some of these lecturers are frustrated already and they don't want any other to progress. Some of them are in the habit of selling good results out to highest bidder for financial gain. Engage a very good lawyer that will sue them as long as you have your proof that yoiu were given admission and finished from same.
In addition to the above especially having relevant documents to prove you schooled, get a solid respectable lawyer to visit the school provost or whatever they call polytechnic heads, to give him/her a deadline to produce your results from the HOD, supervisor etc with grades intact or report to efcc and sue them to court.
If you go begging which is they're used to, they'll exploit you by extortion.
My friend, I'm angry at you for your needless fear?
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by DeRay98(m): 4:58am On Oct 24, 2019
Nobally:

Except he doesn't want his result then this route is okay, seems you don't understand the rotten state of our tiatiary institutions. This approach will only escalate matter further.

Your advice based on fear is why the system has gotten so rotten.
If a good lawyer takes a strong legal action and carry the press and social media influencers along, the heat on that school will be too hot for them to bear.
Until people start beeming search lights on institutions and their dirty habits they won't buckle up.
While it's a tough fight for students still in school, those who are through are free to take them on, this will save other students from such lecturers and schools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"It’s Islamic" – Kwara Cleric Justifies Brutalisation Of Arabic Students / Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils / Peter Aboki Drags Alanana Otaki To Court For Snatching His Wife, Felicia Aboki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.