Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,971 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (22308 Views)

“Enough Is Enough” - FG Finally Break Silence On Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians / Moghalu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa, Tells Nigerians What To Do / South African Deputy Minister Of Police Defends Xenophobic Attacks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by naptu2: 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
PRESS STATEMENT

NIDCOM STATEMENT ON RENEWED ATTACKS ON SOME NIGERIANS IN SOUTH AFRICA.

Abuja, Oct. 23, 2019: Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) has stated that the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria and South Africa

.....will ensure implementation of the Early Warning Signal mechanisms recently signed between both countries in South Africa, as part of the efforts to curb xenophobic attacks.

2. Speaking against the backdrop of renewed xenophobic attacks on Nigerians, she said the Consul General is on top of the situation.

3. The Consul General, Godwin Adama, is currently in Widbank, Mpumulanga, where the crisis happened. He is at a meeting with the highest police authorities there.

4. The mission intervened immediately and the situation is currently under control. After this meeting, a meeting with Nigerians along with the South African Police will hold" She assured.

5. The mission intervened immediately and the situation is currently under control. After this meeting, a meeting with Nigerians along with the South African Police will hold" She assured.

6. It will be recalled that President Muhammadu Buhari had on Oct. 3 to 5, led a high powered delegation to South Africa on a two-day state visit on the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians.

7. A series of agreements and Memorandum of Understanding were signed by the two African states to cement the relationship and nip the hostilities in the bud.

But on Tuesday, it was reported that South African citizens resumed xenophobic attacks against Nigerians living in Mpumalamga area of the country.

Signed.
Abdur-Rahman Balogun
Head of Media Unit
NIDCOM.

END.

https://twitter.com/nidcom_gov/status/1187007556541206528

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by skinnyzsam(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
It's alright....
To me if xenophobia abi hazardphobia dey happen for SA I prefer am to our hell of a shithole country, we die there.

Only our corrupt institutions fit give you headache and so many things abi unah never hear say Living in Nigeria should be added to 1000ways to Die grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Greenbirth: 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
To be honest with you. If possible we nigerian can stop traveling to other African countries the better for us. Other African countries hate us so much. Even ghana. I pity those who are making move to other African countries.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by okpmoses: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Rubbish..this country sef na cast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by BOSSkesh(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Useless people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Houstency(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by akinbode1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ok
Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Biafrannuke: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
jubril went there laughing with their president and thinking about his new wife.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Tofax: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
so all the diplomatic effort by Buhari with the South African govt, they discountenanced it. Buhari should take a decisive action against them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by oridency(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Halla Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by OakConsultNG: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Interesting..

Meanwhile, did you know you can get your company registered for as little as #59,000? Well, check our profile for contact details to enjoy this offer. 0807-525-6644...

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by SouthSouth1914: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
Buhari preparing his travel documents to SA. This government is just too weak!! Nigerians were killed in SA and nothing was done about it. They will continue the killings, this government is daft and a joke!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by helinues: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
Their own no dey pass reactions no actions
Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Fideo(m): 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
Nawa o, if it's possible thy should come back home they should o it's better than playing kite with their lives o.
Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Thisis2raw(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
So what the essence of Buhari going therefore or the report??
Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by donprinyo(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
Talk without action na waste
Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by AlphaStyles(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
Those SA people use Drugs and prostitution to cover up they keep attacking ordinary people and claim they are riding the city of drugs if u want to know and see the definition of insanity visit South Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Ustec: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ok
Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Amumaigwe: 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
naptu2:

https://twitter.com/nidcom_gov/status/1187007556541206528

Usual damage control by pathological liars; duplicating same lies on items 4 and 5.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by adenigga(m): 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Houstency:
Another opportunity for PMB to travel to S.A cheesy

Extacode package!
Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by owila4luv(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Kill all the useless Nigerians
you are a bastard, f*ckin idiot

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Emilokoiyawon: 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by yankison(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
That I paid you and you didn't give me my site

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by udoekere: 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2019
i wish we share border with SA them 4 hearam

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by LeSudAfricaine: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
There is really no such, Nigerians I feel are too obsessed with this Xenophobia business

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
Diaspora comission that is deaf and dumb when it comes to voicing out on the high level of incompetence experienced by Nigerians in diaspora over renewal of international passports in Nigerian embassies which takes forever to renew and you hear craps like the embassy has no papers to print the international passport and this goes on for more than 6 months while it only takes a week to get US international passport from the post office not even from USCIS which is equivalent to Nigeria's immigration services that is responsible for issuing international passports back in Nigeria.

To imagine that I had to apply for a Nigerian visa with my US passport to come to Nigeria despite applying for the renewal of my Nigerian passport for more than 6 months now says a lot about those running Nigeria and it is as if the worst incompetent set's of Nigerians are the one's that are employed in Nigerian embassy here in Washington.

It is so bad that the immigration services back in Nigeria are even more effective than the one's overseas and you start wondering if Nigeria has an irrevocable contract to perpetually remain the way it is.

Start demanding home to be fixed first because that is the main reason why people migrate to other countries first.

I apologize for my digression but I'm just so fu-ck-ing pissed off

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by realestniggah: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2019
Look the truth of the matter is Nigerians sell drug in South Africa.. And they want that to stop.. They will do what best for their country.. They say they don't want Nigerian selling drugs so be it.
They are doing what best for their country.

Same way we shut down our border to other west African countries. We are doing what best for us. Other west African countries are calling us evil right now.. But we think we are doing the right thing.. Same thing applies in South Africa.. South Africans are doing what best for their country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Restructure Your States, Stop Regional Campaign, Lawan Tells Govs / Aisha Yesufu Blasts President Buhari Over Fuel Scarcity, Failed Economy / Nigerian Prisons Convert Humans To Animals - VP Osinbajo Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.